SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/NYI) - Romanov for 2022 1st round pick (13th)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 6
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Lou’s basically drunk driving
7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 8
Jimmy Stu
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 540
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
What is going on?! Every Habs fan is shook. Just stripping the team of fan favourites like Romanov

Romanov was pretty underwhelming this year. Yeah he hits but his offensive capability is limited. Plus with Harris, Guhle and Norlinder they're stacked at LD. Great value getting 13th and another pick for him.
7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 9
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
If look into the security recordings you do, only pain will you find.
7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 13
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: CMac66
Romanov was pretty underwhelming this year. Yeah he hits but his offensive capability is limited. Plus with Harris, Guhle and Norlinder they're stacked at LD. Great value getting 13th and another pick for him.

Great value and positionally smart moves can **** off. What’s the point of watching hockey? Because we love the players and we want to see them succeed with the team we love. I’d rather watch the habs be an average team with a team full of players that everyone loves and roots for rather than a Cup winning team with players the fans have no emotional connection to.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 17
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 847
Essentially trading a second and a fourth for a first. That's a great deal.
7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 20
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,273
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Great value and positionally smart moves can **** off. What’s the point of watching hockey? Because we love the players and we want to see them succeed with the team we love. I’d rather watch the habs be an average team with a team full of players that everyone loves and roots for rather than a Cup winning team with players the fans have no emotional connection to.

This. That is what being a fan is. You are NOT analytical with fandom.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 22
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
That's a pretty steep price for Romanov, but I'm rattled right now..

We didn't get Wright and now we have Dach, I would not have guessed that happening today.

I didn't either, but as soon as I saw MTL drafted Slafkovsky I told my wife they're going to trade for Dach. It just made too much sense, but didn't seeing it happen like this.
7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 40
Quoting: Chopper02
I didn't either, but as soon as I saw MTL drafted Slafkovsky I told my wife they're going to trade for Dach. It just made too much sense, but didn't seeing it happen like this.

Blackhawks are a hot mess in terms of hockey and ethics. Hughes is taking advantage of their chaos. This could be one hell of a steal.
7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 47
Blackhawks are a hot mess in terms of hockey and ethics. Hughes is taking advantage of their chaos. This could be one hell of a steal.

As a Blues fan. I hope it is a mistake for the Hawks lol
7 juill. 2022 à 20 h 50
As a Blues fan. I hope it is a mistake for the Hawks lol

Davidson going off the board with Korchinski and trading away Debrincat and Dach, shows he wants to put his own stamp on the team without much care for the fans.
7 juill. 2022 à 21 h 2
Davidson going off the board with Korchinski and trading away Debrincat and Dach, shows he wants to put his own stamp on the team without much care for the fans.

I like the Korchinski and Nazar picks though. They're pretty solid
CMac66 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 21 h 2
Jimmy Stu
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 540

That's a pretty sad way to watch your favourite team and I call major BS lol. I bet if you're team starts winning you'll fall in love with Slafkovsky, Caufield, Suzuki, and whoever else they draft.
I loved Stone and was upset he got traded, Karlsson too but not as much. But how quickly did I become fans of Tkachuk, Stutzle, Batherson, Chabot... Very quickly despite not winning.
ColonelX a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 21 h 5
I like the Korchinski and Nazar picks though. They're pretty solid

Nazar is tiny. I have my doubts. Korchinski was ranked between 60-90 to begin the year. Good puck mover, wont be elite. The only puck mover that could be elite is Nemec
7 juill. 2022 à 21 h 18
Nazar is tiny. I have my doubts. Korchinski was ranked between 60-90 to begin the year. Good puck mover, wont be elite. The only puck mover that could be elite is Nemec

Don't disagree but do think he could be a Klingberg type.
7 juill. 2022 à 21 h 19
Don't disagree but do think he could be a Klingberg type.

Kemell the other tiny player. Ranked #3 by Button and #7 by Mckenzie is still available. Nazar is a big reach when Kemell is falling like this
7 juill. 2022 à 21 h 24
Kemell the other tiny player. Ranked #3 by Button and #7 by Mckenzie is still available. Nazar is a big reach when Kemell is falling like this

Kemell is a wing, Nazar a center. That's the reason
7 juill. 2022 à 21 h 27
Kemell is a wing, Nazar a center. That's the reason

That isnt a reason. You need centers with decent size. There are 5 centers in the NHL at Nazar's size that are effective. Brayden Points are quite rare
7 juill. 2022 à 21 h 49
That isnt a reason. You need centers with decent size. There are 5 centers in the NHL at Nazar's size that are effective. Brayden Points are quite rare

That absolutely is a reason. If you believe your player has the skill, you take him despite his size. Just like Buffalo picked Savoie.
7 juill. 2022 à 22 h 36
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: CMac66
That's a pretty sad way to watch your favourite team and I call major BS lol. I bet if you're team starts winning you'll fall in love with Slafkovsky, Caufield, Suzuki, and whoever else they draft.
I loved Stone and was upset he got traded, Karlsson too but not as much. But how quickly did I become fans of Tkachuk, Stutzle, Batherson, Chabot... Very quickly despite not winning.

That’s a sad way to watch my team? I think it’s sad if the only way you watch hockey is just cheering for the corporation regardless of who is on the ice and how they act.

Suzuki is the most boring person on earth. I love Cole. But he’s not enough to get me to continue to watch hockey, especially when there’s so much else I could be doing with those 246+ hours of time and $200 I would spend watching the habs each year.

Would I fall in love with Slafkovsky and the others if I got back into hockey? Probably, yes. But that’ll never remove the pain that I’ll feel every time I think of the losses of Romanov, Kotkaniemi, Mete, Lehkonen, and so many others. Hockey fandom has some great highs, but also a lot of lows, and I should really be focusing my free time into something that is just highs with no lows and I’ll be a lot happier of a person.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 22 h 40
That’s a sad way to watch my team? I think it’s sad if the only way you watch hockey is just cheering for the corporation regardless of who is on the ice and how they act.

Suzuki is the most boring person on earth. I love Cole. But he’s not enough to get me to continue to watch hockey, especially when there’s so much else I could be doing with those 246+ hours of time and $200 I would spend watching the habs each year.

Would I fall in love with Slafkovsky and the others if I got back into hockey? Probably, yes. But that’ll never remove the pain that I’ll feel every time I think of the losses of Romanov, Kotkaniemi, Mete, Lehkonen, and so many others. Hockey fandom has some great highs, but also a lot of lows, and I should really be focusing my free time into something that is just highs with no lows and I’ll be a lot happier of a person.

Well said. We control none of this and are cheering for laundry. Without any connection to the players, we may as well put on Hughes and Gorton jerseys.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 13
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 685
Good return for Romanov. Should've kept the pick though.
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 17
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
Quoting: Wqrrior
A third pair defenseman for pick 13? What?

Whoever said Romanov is a 3rd pair defenseman?
7 juill. 2022 à 23 h 18
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
Quoting: DongLord23
Good return for Romanov. Should've kept the pick though.

Obviously the Isles would like to believe this past season for them was a fluke
8 juill. 2022 à 3 h 5
kreidbanejad thoosie
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 26
good lord New York. i don't know whether to laugh, being a Rangers fan, or cry, being an overall hockey fan. 13th overall for Romanov? What?
8 juill. 2022 à 3 h 12
Quoting: deathwishviolet
good lord New York. i don't know whether to laugh, being a Rangers fan, or cry, being an overall hockey fan. 13th overall for Romanov? What?

yet Isles fans were adamant that they weren't trading the pick for truculence and grit in Josh Anderson, they got a less talented version in Romanov with even less offence.

Where there is smoke, there usually is fire. Good news for Habs fans as it's clear Hughes didnt want to move Josh for the 13th and asked for more.
razor2rosary a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage