Forums/Armchair-GM

Build a Dynasty Dont Rush It

Créé par: jschultz18
Équipe: 2022-23 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 21 juin 2022
Publié: 21 juin 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Would rather risk being worse and not signing any big contracts than spend cap and decrease our window. Build a dynasty and wait patiently for the kids to reach their potential.

Dach Trade: Would be fine with switching Ryder out for Cuylle if that moves the needle. Thinking we would have to pay more, Hawks fans lmk.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 300 000 $
44 400 000 $
Transactions
NYR
  1. Dach, Kirby [Droits de RFA]
CHI
  1. Korczak, Ryder
  2. Lundkvist, Nils
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (NYR)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1982 500 000 $78 478 969 $0 $3 650 000 $4 021 031 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
1 525 000 $1 525 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DG
RFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
21 juin 2022 à 7 h 18
Michael_Peca
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 200
Really think that's the best offer Chicago gets for Dach?
21 juin 2022 à 7 h 44
n.1 Topias Vilen fan
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,589
Quoting: jschultz18
Build a Dynasty Dont Rush It

It's a little late for that lol
Tbrew et SociallyHawkward a aimé ceci.
21 juin 2022 à 7 h 49
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,889
Modifié 21 juin 2022 à 8 h 4
I can't see the Hawks trading Dach. They're rebuilding, so you don't trade 21 year old centers for peanuts. They're much better off just giving him 22 min a game and develop him. If he doesn't pan out...Bedard/Michkov/Fantelli are certainly in the mix.
SociallyHawkward a aimé ceci.
21 juin 2022 à 7 h 52
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,079
Quoting: pretzelcoatl

I came here to say this 😂
21 juin 2022 à 7 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Why not us
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 97

lmao how???
Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
21 juin 2022 à 7 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Why not us
Quoting: Tbrew
I came here to say this 😂

All I'm tryna say is don't throw a bag at Copp, Trocheck, Stromer...Don't want Drury to put us in a cap squeeze more than we already are.
21 juin 2022 à 8 h 3
n.1 Topias Vilen fan
lmao how???

Your core is aging and declining already, your cap situation is terrible, you've stunted Kakko's development and potentially Lafrenière's, and your team is by all measures bad except for the power play and the goalie. The "dynasty" will last as long as Shesterkin is there to carry it, and for all anyone knows this may have been his career year.

If the Devils had Shesterkin and the Rangers Blackwood, the Rangers would be a perennial lottery team needing to tear it all down, and the Devils a top cup contender winning games not because they have the best goaltender in the world, but because they deserve to.
Tbrew, jedihonesy et Garak a aimé ceci.
21 juin 2022 à 8 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Why not us
Your core is aging and declining already, your cap situation is terrible, you've stunted Kakko's development and potentially Lafrenière's, and your team is by all measures bad except for the power play and the goalie. The "dynasty" will last as long as Shesterkin is there to carry it, and for all anyone knows this may have been his career year.

If the Devils had Shesterkin and the Rangers Blackwood, the Rangers would be a perennial lottery team needing to tear it all down, and the Devils a top cup contender winning games not because they have the best goaltender in the world, but because they deserve to.

Mika and Panarin are declining? Fox too? K'andre Miller? Ryan Lindgren? Laf the 20 year old who played great in playoffs isn't going to develop anymore? Kakko who is 21 years old will never get better? The 50 goal scorer Kreider is going to fall of the map? Jesus your comment just shows you hate the Rangers or you're just ignorant.
21 juin 2022 à 8 h 13
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,079
All I'm tryna say is don't throw a bag at Copp, Trocheck, Stromer...Don't want Drury to put us in a cap squeeze more than we already are.

Y’all made the ECF. He’s going to be doing exactly that with Copp or Strome (probably Copp). You’re right about something like this being what the should do 100%, but I think they’ll just double down
jschultz18 a aimé ceci.
21 juin 2022 à 8 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Why not us
Quoting: Tbrew
Y’all made the ECF. He’s going to be doing exactly that with Copp or Strome (probably Copp). You’re right about something like this being what the should do 100%, but I think they’ll just double down

Unfortunately I agree
21 juin 2022 à 8 h 25
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 316
I know everyones saying offer sheets don't happen and yes they are rare, but if the Rags sign multiple players this year and can't offer guys like Laf, Miller, Schneider, Kaako, or any former first round pick at least 4.3 mill, teams are going to be looking into an offer sheet, especially if its only 2nd rounder compensation. If they can't manage their situation and make space for younger guys I can see this team taking a turn for the worse.I have a feeling they will need to buyout Trouba or trade away one of their big forwards to keep all the young guys without losing any.
jschultz18 a aimé ceci.
21 juin 2022 à 9 h 9
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Yeah Drury’s an idiot and stuff. But I’m not sure Dach’s a better player than Nils at this point. Lundkvist putting up solid metrics alongside Nemeth feels very different than Dach’s offensive futility while getting almost entirely top 6 deployment.

Seems like a difference of “lack of performance” vs. “lack of opportunity “.

From an on-ice value standpoint, probably decline Dach for Nils straight.
21 juin 2022 à 9 h 16
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 759
Quoting: RobbieS
Really think that's the best offer Chicago gets for Dach?

Maybe, maybe not. But teams shouldn’t be paying much more than that.
21 juin 2022 à 9 h 17
Jimbo1119
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 760
Quoting: jedihonesy
I know everyones saying offer sheets don't happen and yes they are rare, but if the Rags sign multiple players this year and can't offer guys like Laf, Miller, Schneider, Kaako, or any former first round pick at least 4.3 mill, teams are going to be looking into an offer sheet, especially if its only 2nd rounder compensation. If they can't manage their situation and make space for younger guys I can see this team taking a turn for the worse.I have a feeling they will need to buyout Trouba or trade away one of their big forwards to keep all the young guys without losing any.

If NYR sign Copp (or Strome or Trocheck) then one result is a very difficult CAP situation next year. Beyond next year also an issue- but at least at that point NMCs on the roster start to loosen up- giving a few more options to move guys like Trouba and Kreider...and by then the hope is young guys will be pushing for their roles anyway.

But the thing is- at the right CAP hit, Copp does provide need stability as a 2 or 3C and/or along the wing. He plays all situations, can drive offense, and is good defensively (Strome btw is terrible here).

If Copp is extended, there is a good chance they will have to (within the next year) move one of Chytl, LaF, Miller, or Kakko inorder to fit into the current salary structure. And don't forget Krav- if he's still with the team. But one option I'd seriously consider is moving Lindgren during next season. Depending on how Miller looks next year...and who else emerges on left side...Lindgren might become expendable anyway. He'd be in a SELL HIGH situation- and with his 3M salary removed, that might be enough to get the team past next summer.
21 juin 2022 à 9 h 45
n.1 Topias Vilen fan
Mika and Panarin are declining? Fox too? K'andre Miller? Ryan Lindgren? Laf the 20 year old who played great in playoffs isn't going to develop anymore? Kakko who is 21 years old will never get better? The 50 goal scorer Kreider is going to fall of the map? Jesus your comment just shows you hate the Rangers or you're just ignorant.

Zibanejad is criminally overrated. Panarin is quickly becoming a shell of himself for $11m a year. Fox is good, but he's the exception, and he literally refused to play anywhere else. Miller and Lindgren are far from elite. Laf will improve, and then you won't be able to pay him. If Kakko rebounds from his botched development it won't be in New York. Kreider will never score 50 goals again, I'd bet good money on that.

The Rangers are not set up for success in the medium or long term, and their short term success is wholly on Shesterkin's back.
21 juin 2022 à 10 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Why not us
Zibanejad is criminally overrated. Panarin is quickly becoming a shell of himself for $11m a year. Fox is good, but he's the exception, and he literally refused to play anywhere else. Miller and Lindgren are far from elite. Laf will improve, and then you won't be able to pay him. If Kakko rebounds from his botched development it won't be in New York. Kreider will never score 50 goals again, I'd bet good money on that.

The Rangers are not set up for success in the medium or long term, and their short term success is wholly on Shesterkin's back.

Mika was 3rd in the playoffs in points before we got knocked out IIRC, is his game flawed? Yes. Is he clutch and does he put up points? Yes. Panarin has been over a ppg for the last few years (tied for 5 or 6th in points this past season). Miller is becoming elite (shut-down on D and becoming increasingly offensive) and Lindgren is near shutdown and has a huge impact on the ice. We have a cap squeeze next off-season and priorities will be Laf and Miller so most likely Chytil is gone. Stop using what-ifs and excuses to talk down on the Rangers. I'd be surprised if Kakko doesn't breakout in the next two years during his predicted bridge deal when he gets consistent top 6 minutes. Let actions speak for themselves dude. Right now you just seem to be hating to hate, not shocked honestly you're a Devils fan.
21 juin 2022 à 10 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Why not us
Quoting: Jimbo1119
If NYR sign Copp (or Strome or Trocheck) then one result is a very difficult CAP situation next year. Beyond next year also an issue- but at least at that point NMCs on the roster start to loosen up- giving a few more options to move guys like Trouba and Kreider...and by then the hope is young guys will be pushing for their roles anyway.

But the thing is- at the right CAP hit, Copp does provide need stability as a 2 or 3C and/or along the wing. He plays all situations, can drive offense, and is good defensively (Strome btw is terrible here).

If Copp is extended, there is a good chance they will have to (within the next year) move one of Chytl, LaF, Miller, or Kakko inorder to fit into the current salary structure. And don't forget Krav- if he's still with the team. But one option I'd seriously consider is moving Lindgren during next season. Depending on how Miller looks next year...and who else emerges on left side...Lindgren might become expendable anyway. He'd be in a SELL HIGH situation- and with his 3M salary removed, that might be enough to get the team past next summer.

I would hate to move Lindgren but you are right. Other option that I haven't seen mentioned is moving Goodrow. Solid player but easily replaceable for far less AAV.
21 juin 2022 à 11 h 47
Jimbo1119
I would hate to move Lindgren but you are right. Other option that I haven't seen mentioned is moving Goodrow. Solid player but easily replaceable for far less AAV.

100% agree with that...the only thing is I'm guessing Lindgren is much more moveable than Goodrow. Doesn't have a movement clause and a Dman capable of top pairing minutes @ 3M is s situation that would sit well with most teams.

But look- I'm not looking to move Lindgren (like I'm looking to move Nemeth and Reaves)...it's just that moving him might have to be part of the plan if they extend Copp and want to extend all the guys off ELCs next year. And the reality is as much as I like Lindgren, I think Copp would be a more important player for NYR over the longer term.
21 juin 2022 à 12 h 11
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 316

I think they should only sign Copp, maybe Motte. In my opinion guys like Chytil, Laf, Kaako, Kravtsov are all meant to play in the top 6. Maybe they should trade Chytil/kaako for some solid defence first bottom 6 players and some picks. That way it can solidify their lineup and create futures for when Panarin, Kreider and Mika are all old. Or maybe package Lindgren and Chytil/Kaako to a team for an upgraded top pairing left D-man.
21 juin 2022 à 12 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Why not us
100% agree with that...the only thing is I'm guessing Lindgren is much more moveable than Goodrow. Doesn't have a movement clause and a Dman capable of top pairing minutes 3M is s situation that would sit well with most teams.

But look- I'm not looking to move Lindgren (like I'm looking to move Nemeth and Reaves)...it's just that moving him might have to be part of the plan if they extend Copp and want to extend all the guys off ELCs next year. And the reality is as much as I like Lindgren, I think Copp would be a more important player for NYR over the longer term.

Right now I'd argue Lindgren is more valuable but depending on Chytil's development you're probably right.
21 juin 2022 à 12 h 49
Jimbo1119
Quoting: jedihonesy
I think they should only sign Copp, maybe Motte. In my opinion guys like Chytil, Laf, Kaako, Kravtsov are all meant to play in the top 6. Maybe they should trade Chytil/kaako for some solid defence first bottom 6 players and some picks. That way it can solidify their lineup and create futures for when Panarin, Kreider and Mika are all old. Or maybe package Lindgren and Chytil/Kaako to a team for an upgraded top pairing left D-man.

If Chytl or Kakko are moved (not to mention Miller or LaF)...the return has to be a young C (or prospect) with a 1C or 2C projection. Bottom 6 guys can usually be picked up cheap enough (like Motte) without giving up premium assets.
21 juin 2022 à 14 h 34
Michael_Peca
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 200
Quoting: Mike_Gartner
Maybe, maybe not. But teams shouldn’t be paying much more than that.

Every team in the NHL willingly pays more than that for him.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage