SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Unrestricted Free Agent discussion

Should all UFAs hit the open market even if there are talks of resigning them?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

6 août 2017 à 17 h 50
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Quoting: ricochetii
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Not sure this has been made yet, but I took the initiative to do so. Here is the updated Waiver Priority : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oBFf8hD1z4mu6M0_LSQvN13Lqi-pO5mNzo-mc-ZODgg/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know if it is wrong.

It's already on Sheet3 of the Signings Doc, but thanks anyway. smile

ah. oh well. good looks Rico.
6 août 2017 à 20 h 55
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712
I have a question about waiver wire...

For a guy like Phillip Holm, only Vancouver and Columbus bid on him. Since Vancouver already used their waiver priority on Rosen and moved to the end of the line, do I still have to evoke my waiver priority and move to the end of the line even though I'm the only other bid on that player?
6 août 2017 à 21 h 12
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: matt59
I have a question about waiver wire...

For a guy like Phillip Holm, only Vancouver and Columbus bid on him. Since Vancouver already used their waiver priority on Rosen and moved to the end of the line, do I still have to evoke my waiver priority and move to the end of the line even though I'm the only other bid on that player?

Yes.
The order of the signing might be a factor in other circumstances, but where we are not performing signings sequentially, the two scenarios can be thought to be occurring simultaneously, thus the same waiver order applies to both scenarios. That is why I did not move a team to the back of the line, but noted that they had used their priority instead. The order does not change, nor the method of breaking the tie in your favor.
So if no team uses their priority, the team at the top of the order gets the first opportunity.

Now if a "new" player enters into a tie scenario, they would use the "new" waiver order, as those signings will have occurred later in a sequence.
(While the player was negotiating with his 1st team, the 2nd and 3rd team that were in a tie may have already used their waiver priority before he got around to them.)
2nd Player -> 1st Team / 1st Player -> 2nd and 3rd Team, happen at the same time, while 2nd Player -> 2nd and 3rd Team doesn't happen until after the player is done with the 1st Team.

Hopefully I explained that well enough too follow.
TL;DR: The order doesn't change for the first set of signings because they are all seen to occur at the same time.
6 août 2017 à 21 h 29
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712

Yes.
The order of the signing might be a factor in other circumstances, but where we are not performing signings sequentially, the two scenarios can be thought to be occurring simultaneously, thus the same waiver order applies to both scenarios. That is why I did not move a team to the back of the line, but noted that they had used their priority instead. The order does not change, nor the method of breaking the tie in your favor.
So if no team uses their priority, the team at the top of the order gets the first opportunity.

Now if a "new" player enters into a tie scenario, they would use the "new" waiver order, as those signings will have occurred later in a sequence.
(While the player was negotiating with his 1st team, the 2nd and 3rd team that were in a tie may have already used their waiver priority before he got around to them.)
2nd Player -> 1st Team / 1st Player -> 2nd and 3rd Team, happen at the same time, while 2nd Player -> 2nd and 3rd Team doesn't happen until after the player is done with the 1st Team.

Hopefully I explained that well enough too follow.
TL;DR: The order doesn't change for the first set of signings because they are all seen to occur at the same time.

Nvmd I think I answered my own question lol
6 août 2017 à 22 h 29
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Guys, in the UFA Signings Thread, please don't type "if this player falls to me, then...". We won't be considering them. If the player does fall to you, THEN is the time to post your signing. Just a heads up for others smile
7 août 2017 à 2 h 46
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Are there any players i had the 2nd highest bid on that the highest bid passed on? Will you be updating the highest/only bid list if that happens?
7 août 2017 à 3 h 25
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Are there any players i had the 2nd highest bid on that the highest bid passed on? Will you be updating the highest/only bid list if that happens?

The list updates in the event a player is passed on and will be placed under your team column.
ricochetii a aimé ceci.
7 août 2017 à 12 h 42
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Bo53Horvat

The list updates in the event a player is passed on and will be placed under your team column.

ok
7 août 2017 à 12 h 47
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Bo53Horvat

ok

Don't forget to watch the ties section at the bottom as well. Yellow means it is your turn to decide on a player.
7 août 2017 à 12 h 49
Black Lives Matter

ok

Don't forget to watch the ties section at the bottom as well. Yellow means it is your turn to decide on a player.

ok
7 août 2017 à 12 h 51
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Rico, I'm assuming Chicago does not have to evoke waiver priority on Doan now that they are not in a tiebreaker for him anymore and have the highest bid? If so, perhaps it'd be easier to move Doan to the list of players under Chicago?
7 août 2017 à 14 h 29
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 40
Ya I have the same question as Booth, I am not sure how the tie would be decided if all 3 of us didn't want to use waivers to break the tie. With Lehtonen though I can sign him because I have the highest second bid by myself. Correct?
7 août 2017 à 14 h 32
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,060
Yes I believe Lehtonen is on you now that I passed.
7 août 2017 à 16 h 31
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Thornton_MVP
Ya I have the same question as Booth, I am not sure how the tie would be decided if all 3 of us didn't want to use waivers to break the tie. With Lehtonen though I can sign him because I have the highest second bid by myself. Correct?

Everyone in the order has the chance to use waivers first.
If no team uses waivers, the player starts at the top again and doesn't require waivers.
Being last in line means the player has to be passed down to you twice.
If you don't use waivers now, the first team has the chance to just sign him normally, then the 2nd team, and so on.
7 août 2017 à 16 h 39
Banni
Rico, I'm not 100% sure but I think TB passed on Doan and didn't use his waiver. Chicago would be next in line.
7 août 2017 à 16 h 49
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Rico, I'm not 100% sure but I think TB passed on Doan and didn't use his waiver. Chicago would be next in line.

Yup he did, thanks Dangles. I won't use my waiver claim to get Doan.
7 août 2017 à 16 h 50
Go Habs Go

Yep, I processed that (orange means Tampa Passed, Yellow means Chicago's turn to decide.

Yup he did, thanks Dangles. I won't use my waiver claim to get Doan.

Make it official in the signings thread please. smile
7 août 2017 à 19 h 46
I like Eich
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 335
Once a signing is posted on the spreadsheet, we are free to add it to our page right?
7 août 2017 à 19 h 47
Banni
Quoting: mikeyscav
Once a signing is posted on the spreadsheet, we are free to add it to our page right?

I think so. I have been.
mikeyscav a aimé ceci.
7 août 2017 à 20 h 2
Go Habs Go
Quoting: mikeyscav

Technically, the roster freeze is still in effect. I leave it to the BOG other than saying that.
I know one team had to revert everything they did because we needed to check their budget, so might be better to hold off just in case, but otherwise I can't see it making a difference this time.
mikeyscav a aimé ceci.
7 août 2017 à 21 h 57
Still a Leafs Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 661
okay so im in line for signing da costa... I forget how much I bidded on him and I have enough cap. Now what
7 août 2017 à 22 h 25
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
okay so im in line for signing da costa... I forget how much I bidded on him and I have enough cap. Now what

Posted in your thread. Check the Master if you forget your bid.
8 août 2017 à 0 h 14
Black Lives Matter
even though the freeze is over, i am still allowed to sign players i have the highest bid on that went down to me, right?
8 août 2017 à 1 h 9
Quick question. If I (Chicago) don't use my waiver priority on any of the 3 rookies I'm currently up for, Minnesota can sign all 3 without needing waivers?
8 août 2017 à 5 h 54
Go Habs Go
Quick question. If I (Chicago) don't use my waiver priority on any of the 3 rookies I'm currently up for, Minnesota can sign all 3 without needing waivers?

Yes. Minnesota has already passed on those players, so if every other team passes, they get the first option without waivers.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage