Forums/Armchair-GM

Fiala to NJ

Créé par: DevilsFanZack13
Équipe: 2021-22 Devils du New Jersey
Date de création initiale: 5 févr. 2022
Publié: 5 févr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
With the cap only going up to 82.5m and Minnesota getting hit hard with the cap hits of Parise and Suter, do we try and take adavantage and trade for Fiala? Let me know if we could make a good trading partner with Minny. Also, what we would give up for Fiala.
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Frais appliqués
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de EDM
Logo de NYI
Logo de CBJ
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $79 364 735 $0 $4 132 500 $2 135 265 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
C
UFA - 6
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
C
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
AD, C
RFA - 3
1 825 000 $1 825 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
5 100 000 $5 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 166 667 $3 166 667 $
DG
UFA - 2
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
850 833 $850 833 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
G
RFA - 3
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
4 166 666 $4 166 666 $
DD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
AG, DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
975 000 $975 000 $
C
RFA - 2
912 500 $912 500 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
AD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 févr. 2022 à 22 h 53
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,186
Modifié 5 févr. 2022 à 22 h 59
Quoting: TanSor
I'm not suggesting he will get a top prospect, but it just doesn't make sense for us to trade him if we don't get a player like that in return. Fiala has streaks where he dominates and looks like one of the best players in the league (he's on one right with 9 goals and 16 points in his last 12 games, a 109 point pace over 82 games). He also has stretches where he looks severely snakebitten despite producing a bunch of chances. Overall Fiala is an electric line-driving player, he just hasn't been given talented linemates to capitalize on the chances he makes for nearly his entire Wild tenure. The last time he had one he had 26 points in 18 games during the bubble season with Eric Staal as his center. This year he and Boldy have some amazing chemistry and what do you know, he's on pace for nearly 70 points after his slow start to the season.

Sam Reinhart was playing with Jack Eichel when he put up those numbers. Buchnevich was playing with Zibanejad and Kreider. Fiala's most common linemates the past two seasons? Johansson and Victor Rask last season, and the shells of Mikko Koivu and Zach Parise the season before. If anything it's extremely impressive he produced at the rate he did with the anchors he had on his line.

To further add to this.

Fiala is currently on a .83 PPG pace this year, and that's with the first half of the season, slow start, and not much help on his line until Boldy was added to it 10 games ago to drag the number down.

Next to either Hischier or Hughes as his center and potential wingmates of either Sharangovich or Holtz. That PPG of .83 is going to be on the low end for him if he's on the Devil's. You're not paying for a franchises past failings but for what the players actually capable of.
TanSor, GabrielJ et iAce a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2022 à 22 h 54
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Then keep him. Sell Dumba. RHD market is more scarce than wingers anyway.

That's literally what I said we should do in my first comment in this thread, lol.
GabrielJ a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2022 à 22 h 55
Banni
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 84
Quoting: palhal
Wild have 12.5m to sign 7 players to make a 22 man roster. I'd be interested how the Wild can fit in their current players without trading a big cap player and not taking cap back in return.

The reasons fiala and wild aren't done is he's looking for long term. if wild offer him that, it's a a because dating back to last year, he was always willing to sign for cheap with wild long term.
5 févr. 2022 à 23 h 13
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,896
Quoting: RazWild
To further add to this.

Fiala is currently on a .83 PPG pace this year, and that's with the first half of the season, slow start, and not much help on his line until Boldy was added to it 10 games ago to drag the number down.

Next to either Hischier or Hughes as his center and potential wingmates of either Sharangovich or Holtz. That PPG of .83 is going to be on the low end for him if he's on the Devil's. You're not paying for a franchises past failings but for what the players actually capable of.

Fiala is a good winger.
Still not getting Hughes, Hischier, or Mercer

Zetterlund plus 2nd
Kuokkanen plus 2nd
Thompson plus 2nd

Those are the type of packages I think an unsigned Fiala would return. If Billy G can find more, power to him.
DevilsFanZack13 a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2022 à 23 h 17
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,265
People on here will disagree but since he’s unsigned his price will be way lower
5 févr. 2022 à 23 h 43
Banni
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 84
Fiala is a good winger.
Still not getting Hughes, Hischier, or Mercer

Zetterlund plus 2nd
Kuokkanen plus 2nd
Thompson plus 2nd

Those are the type of packages I think an unsigned Fiala would return. If Billy G can find more, power to him.

You mean some nobody who would never play on our team. We can let someone sign fiala to 8 mil deal for long term and get a 1st. Minnesota is in advantage position
6 févr. 2022 à 0 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Devils Guy
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 369
Quoting: palhal
Wild have 12.5m to sign 7 players to make a 22 man roster. I'd be interested how the Wild can fit in their current players without trading a big cap player and not taking cap back in return.

And that's where we come in and get a player like Fiala for a cheaper price.
palhal a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2022 à 1 h 17
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,439
I'm not suggesting he will get a top prospect, but it just doesn't make sense for us to trade him if we don't get a player like that in return. Fiala has streaks where he dominates and looks like one of the best players in the league (he's on one right with 9 goals and 16 points in his last 12 games, a 109 point pace over 82 games). He also has stretches where he looks severely snakebitten despite producing a bunch of chances. Overall Fiala is an electric line-driving player, he just hasn't been given talented linemates to capitalize on the chances he makes for nearly his entire Wild tenure. The last time he had one he had 26 points in 18 games during the bubble season with Eric Staal as his center. This year he and Boldy have some amazing chemistry and what do you know, he's on pace for nearly 70 points after his slow start to the season.

Sam Reinhart was playing with Jack Eichel when he put up those numbers. Buchnevich was playing with Zibanejad and Kreider. Fiala's most common linemates the past two seasons? Johansson and Victor Rask last season, and the shells of Mikko Koivu and Zach Parise the season before. If anything it's extremely impressive he produced at the rate he did with the anchors he had on his line.

I’m not arguing that Fiala is a bad player, but Wild fans (not u specifically) are overvaluing him. Teams aren’t going to give up an “A” prospect or a center of equal level (because centers are worth more) for Fiala. Especially since he’s a pending RFA and wants a raise/long term deal which I doubt the Wild can afford. I think a trade like lottery protected 2023 first + Kuokkanen/Boqvist is around what Fiala will return

So my problem isn’t with the player. It’s with Wild fans overvaluing him with no real reasoning. Especially with the fact that players similar to him in age and points got those returns
6 févr. 2022 à 13 h 16
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 69
Then keep him. Sell Dumba. RHD market is more scarce than wingers anyway.

Theres a reason you want Fiala. He would be a strong player with the centers you have and is probably the most electric offensively out of anyone that is rumored to be available. Wild will have cap issues yes but they have choices to make as well. We could trade Dumba, Talbot or others to keep Fiala so the Wild won't accept scraps or a low ball offer. It is also rumored that he wants to stay here because of the locker room and the chemistry this team has. Any team that trades for Fiala would have to be ok with a 5-8 year term, at 7ish million per. He may take a team friendly deal and stay here now that he is playing with Boldy and producing at a high rate.
I would bet money that if the trade was Fiala for Mercer and a 1st or 2nd, both teams would feel like they lost. Fiala has been everything we've needed in Minnesota for a long time and Devils fans would see a young talent and futures being moved and not like that. If we were trading a role player you don't get as invested in these big blockbuster deals. As far trades for your players and what Wild fans would want this is how I see it.
Jack Hughes - not happening. Wild would need to add a lot to even start the conversation and would include pieces we wouldn't want to move. Boldy, Rossi, Fiala, Ek and first round picks. Not all but a lot of those. Devils have no reason to move him as well so there would be an over payment.
Mercer - probably the piece BG would want. He has done well at center this year for the Devils but can also play wing at a high level to replace Fiala if on a line with Boldy and Rossi. Also gives you the flexibility to play center if Rossi doesn't get to his ceiling. This player makes too much sense to be the main piece for the Wild if they wanted to explore a Fiala trade. Would still need to add on Devils side as the Wild don't need to move Fiala much like the Hughes situation. I would think a 2nd or 1st would be the other piece.
Luke Hughes - Would be a massive piece much like Mercer. Less of a need in the organization for a Luke Hughes over Mercer but an asset the Wild would probably ask for if Mercer wasn't on the table. Similar trade proposal would be a Hughes and a 2nd or 1st for Fiala.
Much like a JT Miller trade the Canucks are asking for Rossi/Boldy and a 1st for JT Miller as a starting point. Fiala has been just under a point per game player since returning from his injury in Nashville when we acquired him via trade. Now that he has a top line talent in Boldy paired with him, he is starting to eclipse that point per game production. He will command a big number in his next contract but also any team inquiring about his services will have to pay a premium to get him. I think the Devils would be a good trading partner because they have assets the Wild would want but much like the Wild they probably don't want to give them up.
I also have a question for the fans because I don't think they are all in on this idea and it's media driven. Is there an obsession with getting the Hughes brothers together to play in NJ? They are all great players so I would take them all in Minny but it seems like theres a stigma of trading anything and everything for Quinn so the Devils can dress the three together. Like I said, I think this is media driven but the only way to know is ask the experts.
6 févr. 2022 à 13 h 23
Quoting: Devil
I’m not arguing that Fiala is a bad player, but Wild fans (not u specifically) are overvaluing him. Teams aren’t going to give up an “A” prospect or a center of equal level (because centers are worth more) for Fiala. Especially since he’s a pending RFA and wants a raise/long term deal which I doubt the Wild can afford. I think a trade like lottery protected 2023 first + Kuokkanen/Boqvist is around what Fiala will return

So my problem isn’t with the player. It’s with Wild fans overvaluing him with no real reasoning. Especially with the fact that players similar to him in age and points got those returns

The true problem is the Wild's cap situation. If we didn't have buyouts to deal with, do you think the Wild would trade Fiala based on his production. The answer is no. He has been our highest point producer before Kaprizov got here and has some of the best offensive skills in the game. Saying the Wild would take a B prospect and a 1st isn't going to get the trade done. Its going to take a lot to get a trade like this done and both sides will leave feeling they will have lost. I'll ask you as an NHL fan, if the Wild trade for JT Miller and the Canucks asking price is Boldy/Rossi and a first, if this trade was done who would win and lose this trade?
6 févr. 2022 à 13 h 37
Quoting: iAce
Theres a reason you want Fiala. He would be a strong player with the centers you have and is probably the most electric offensively out of anyone that is rumored to be available. Wild will have cap issues yes but they have choices to make as well. We could trade Dumba, Talbot or others to keep Fiala so the Wild won't accept scraps or a low ball offer. It is also rumored that he wants to stay here because of the locker room and the chemistry this team has. Any team that trades for Fiala would have to be ok with a 5-8 year term, at 7ish million per. He may take a team friendly deal and stay here now that he is playing with Boldy and producing at a high rate.
I would bet money that if the trade was Fiala for Mercer and a 1st or 2nd, both teams would feel like they lost. Fiala has been everything we've needed in Minnesota for a long time and Devils fans would see a young talent and futures being moved and not like that. If we were trading a role player you don't get as invested in these big blockbuster deals. As far trades for your players and what Wild fans would want this is how I see it.
Jack Hughes - not happening. Wild would need to add a lot to even start the conversation and would include pieces we wouldn't want to move. Boldy, Rossi, Fiala, Ek and first round picks. Not all but a lot of those. Devils have no reason to move him as well so there would be an over payment.
Mercer - probably the piece BG would want. He has done well at center this year for the Devils but can also play wing at a high level to replace Fiala if on a line with Boldy and Rossi. Also gives you the flexibility to play center if Rossi doesn't get to his ceiling. This player makes too much sense to be the main piece for the Wild if they wanted to explore a Fiala trade. Would still need to add on Devils side as the Wild don't need to move Fiala much like the Hughes situation. I would think a 2nd or 1st would be the other piece.
Luke Hughes - Would be a massive piece much like Mercer. Less of a need in the organization for a Luke Hughes over Mercer but an asset the Wild would probably ask for if Mercer wasn't on the table. Similar trade proposal would be a Hughes and a 2nd or 1st for Fiala.
Much like a JT Miller trade the Canucks are asking for Rossi/Boldy and a 1st for JT Miller as a starting point. Fiala has been just under a point per game player since returning from his injury in Nashville when we acquired him via trade. Now that he has a top line talent in Boldy paired with him, he is starting to eclipse that point per game production. He will command a big number in his next contract but also any team inquiring about his services will have to pay a premium to get him. I think the Devils would be a good trading partner because they have assets the Wild would want but much like the Wild they probably don't want to give them up.
I also have a question for the fans because I don't think they are all in on this idea and it's media driven. Is there an obsession with getting the Hughes brothers together to play in NJ? They are all great players so I would take them all in Minny but it seems like theres a stigma of trading anything and everything for Quinn so the Devils can dress the three together. Like I said, I think this is media driven but the only way to know is ask the experts.

For Fiala? Hughes, Mercer and Hughes - all nope. No chance. Zilch. Zero. None. Wouldn’t get any of them even if offered one-for-one.

The return would be similar to Reinharts trade to Florida. Good, but not top, prospect plus late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

As for Quinn to NJ, a lot of fans seem to like the idea. But few Vancouver or New Jersey fans are actually looking for that. Mostly fans of other teams.
6 févr. 2022 à 13 h 43
For Fiala? Hughes, Mercer and Hughes - all nope. No chance. Zilch. Zero. None. Wouldn’t get any of them even if offered one-for-one.

The return would be similar to Reinharts trade to Florida. Good, but not top, prospect plus late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

As for Quinn to NJ, a lot of fans seem to like the idea. But few Vancouver or New Jersey fans are actually looking for that. Mostly fans of other teams.

No not all 3 of those. I think Wild fans want a 1c like Hughes but for a Fiala trade the Wild would have to add a lot to get the ball rolling. Mercer and a first for Fiala or Luke and a first for Fiala would be the trade proposal I can imagine being the starting point. But not both. Like I said, both sides probably feel they loose the trade which makes it pretty close.
6 févr. 2022 à 13 h 44
Speak of the Devil
The true problem is the Wild's cap situation. If we didn't have buyouts to deal with, do you think the Wild would trade Fiala based on his production. The answer is no. He has been our highest point producer before Kaprizov got here and has some of the best offensive skills in the game. Saying the Wild would take a B prospect and a 1st isn't going to get the trade done. Its going to take a lot to get a trade like this done and both sides will leave feeling they will have lost. I'll ask you as an NHL fan, if the Wild trade for JT Miller and the Canucks asking price is Boldy/Rossi and a first, if this trade was done who would win and lose this trade?

Why isn't a 1st and B prospect enough for Fiala? That's similar to what Buchnevich and Reinhart got and those are very similar comparables
Wild don't have the advantage when it comes to a Fiala trade. He's an RFA and wants to get paid a long tem deal. If gets another 1 year deal this offseason, he'll become a UFA, and the Wild could lose him for nothing.
Rangers were in a similar situation this offseason with Buchnevich. They wanted to keep him obviously but couldn't afford to pay him long term contract. They ended up trading him for a 2nd and Blais
So again give me a GOOD reason that Fiala gets way more than Buchnevich and Reinhart when he's produced less than them and the Wild have no advantage when it comes to trade? Just saying the Wild don't want to trade him is a lazy response
6 févr. 2022 à 13 h 46
Speak of the Devil
No not all 3 of those. I think Wild fans want a 1c like Hughes but for a Fiala trade the Wild would have to add a lot to get the ball rolling. Mercer and a first for Fiala or Luke and a first for Fiala would be the trade proposal I can imagine being the starting point. But not both. Like I said, both sides probably feel they loose the trade which makes it pretty close.

Fiala won't return a 1C unless the Wild add a lot
Plus the Wild can't really afford a top end 1C
6 févr. 2022 à 13 h 55

It would be Fiala++ for Mercer and Luke Hughes. That is what I am saying. A Mercer deal maybe if Wallstedt were added. And Jack Hughes is untouchable. It’s just not a path that is worth going down.

Kuokkanen + 2nd
Boqvist + 2nd
Zetterlund + 2nd

That’s the neighborhood for Fiala.
6 févr. 2022 à 14 h 4
Why isn't a 1st and B prospect enough for Fiala? That's similar to what Buchnevich and Reinhart got and those are very similar comparables
Wild don't have the advantage when it comes to a Fiala trade. He's an RFA and wants to get paid a long tem deal. If gets another 1 year deal this offseason, he'll become a UFA, and the Wild could lose him for nothing.
Rangers were in a similar situation this offseason with Buchnevich. They wanted to keep him obviously but couldn't afford to pay him long term contract. They ended up trading him for a 2nd and Blais
So again give me a GOOD reason that Fiala gets way more than Buchnevich and Reinhart when he's produced less than them and the Wild have no advantage when it comes to trade? Just saying the Wild don't want to trade him is a lazy response

It's a pretty easy concept. Wild are a team that has a roster to contend. Whereas, Buffalo is having to rebuild. Also, not sure if Reinhart wanted to stay in Buffalo long term vs just signing to get out of his RFA period. All of that matters when looking at trades. When I say the B prospect and a first doesn't hold up from a Minnesota stand point. I'm really talking about Fiala hasn't said he wants out, hes a guy Minnesota would sign if cap wasn't an issue the 2 sides just are talking. So lets fast forward to next season, Minnesota signs him to a 1 year deal and he can walk, your trade proposal is actually pretty close then in terms of value. But as it sits, you would have to be close to a full price trade to obtain him. If Minnesota values his services over Dumba and trade Dumba, we can sign Fiala to a long term deal and keep him. Fiala may want to stay here for 5 years and take a team friendly deal to stay. All of this can happen at any point so to look at a trade to NJ you would assume you will have to pay close to full value for what he brings and be willing to sign him to a deal I've spoke about above. I'm not giving you a lazy response, I'm just giving you what we've seen in Minnesota from our beat writers. There's been no break down between Fiala and the team in terms of extension or Fiala wanting out in any way shape or form. So until that changes, we can only go off of what his normal value is worth if he was on a long term deal. a lot can change after July so any speculation of a trade right now will change around that time because we would know if he is signing long term. Hope that clears up what Minny fans are looking at when we say no to a B prospect and a first rounder. Also, the value of a first rounder does change a lot because of the top end talent, actually draft number and depth of the draft. Each team has to talk to their people get an evaluation.
6 févr. 2022 à 14 h 6
Fiala won't return a 1C unless the Wild add a lot
Plus the Wild can't really afford a top end 1C

Fiala alone won't get a top 1c but the Wild could afford it if they wanted to. We just wouldn't have as strong of a team if we did
11 févr. 2022 à 8 h 35
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,780
Then why trade him? Just move Dumba instead. We have Addison who looks like he could be better than Dumba anyways and is still on an ELC. Could also move Talbot. instead of Dumba. There's zero reason for us to trade Fiala for scraps.

Can I ask you what Dumba value is ?
And what his next contract will look like
TanSor a aimé ceci.
11 févr. 2022 à 10 h 28
Quoting: Trickster
Can I ask you what Dumba value is ?
And what his next contract will look like

Honestly, no idea. We probably can't take cap on if he's moved so that limits what we'd get significantly. Something similar to the Risto trade this past offseason feels about right, but Dumba is a lot better than Risto.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
11 févr. 2022 à 10 h 37
hey look a squirrel
Honestly, no idea. We probably can't take cap on if he's moved so that limits what we'd get significantly. Something similar to the Risto trade this past offseason feels about right, but Dumba is a lot better than Risto.

My thoughts were a 1st rounder, B prospect, C prospect, a 1 year cap hit and conditional pick
TanSor a aimé ceci.
11 févr. 2022 à 10 h 38
Quoting: Trickster
My thoughts were a 1st rounder, B prospect, C prospect, a 1 year cap hit and conditional pick

Can't take on cap though, that's the problem
Trickster a aimé ceci.
11 févr. 2022 à 10 h 40
hey look a squirrel
Can't take on cap though, that's the problem

Not entirely a deal killer, will force creativity
TanSor a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire