Forums/Armchair-GM

Mrazek to Oil

Créé par: Faulk_my_Dzingel
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 20 nov. 2021
Publié: 20 nov. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Not looking to get ragged on. Looking for thoughts on this. Just an idea. If it’s viable, what would the values on either end have to be?
Transactions
TOR
    Thoughts? Oilers get a proven goalie. Leafs clear cap space.
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2281 500 000 $78 413 116 $0 $400 000 $3 086 884 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
    C
    UFA - 3
    10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 4
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
    C, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
    AD
    UFA - 3
    950 000 $950 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    UFA - 2
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AD, AG
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    825 000 $825 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
    DG
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    750 000 $750 000 $
    G
    RFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    DD
    RFA - 1
    894 167 $894 167 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    20 nov. 2021 à 13 h 0
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,382
    Quoting: ChiHawk
    No, if you follow my comments it's not just rebounds. Look at unblocked high danger shots, medium danger shots, low danger. It's not just last year, go back as a collectively whole over several years in Carolina. His stats, just like Andersen's are right now, are inflated as Carolina is consistently a top 5 defensive team. Mrazek has and will not play well behind the Leafs defensive. Just wait until he's back and Leafs fans start screaming trade him for nothing in the 2nd half of the season. He's a backup, not a 1A or 1B, he's a good backup which is fine but not worth $4M over 3 years.

lol, the leafs are a top 5 defensive team in the league this year and were better than that last year.
    20 nov. 2021 à 13 h 0
    Banni
    Rejoint: mai 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
    Quoting: faulkmydzingel
    He’s a guy saying Mrazek isn’t a starter based off of some sort of analytics he’s finding. But an actual NHL who in my mind has relied way too much on analytics seems to think he’s a starter and is paying him as one…. Quite interesting.

Yup. Mrazek isn't at all a high-end goalie but he's a guy who will be good and will keep Campbell fresh and healthy. He's going to be important down the road
    20 nov. 2021 à 13 h 3
    Sorry, meant team starters. I absolutely think there are 32 better goalies in the league then him. I think he's fine for a backup but a 1A or 1B suggests the guy is easily top 30 or better. Again, I'm just saying at almost $4M he isn't going to bring back a 2nd round pick or much value as that is rich for a backup.

except that he isnt a back up, which is the entire point He's a 1B and hes paid like one.
    Full on Starters get 5+ minumum and Mrazek is currently the 20th highest paid goalie in the league and there are zero proven starters behind him that make less
    20 nov. 2021 à 13 h 6
    Rejoint: avr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,477
    Modifié 20 nov. 2021 à 13 h 12
    Quoting: JaredOfLondon
    lol, the leafs are a top 5 defensive team in the league this year and were better than that last year.

I guarantee the Leafs defensive is not top 5 in the league. I agree it's better then the past, but it's not top 5 regardless of what stat you're using to base that on without considering Soup has been standing on his head. Leafs are a middle tier #10 to #20 defense by the end of the season is the lickihood which IS a improvement over the last few years, but they are not Carolina over the last few years...no way. Easiest comparison of Mrazek is how he did in Carolina and how Andersen's doing in Carolina...that's the difference between a starter and backup.
    20 nov. 2021 à 13 h 28
    I guarantee the Leafs defensive is not top 5 in the league. I agree it's better then the past, but it's not top 5 regardless of what stat you're using to base that on without considering Soup has been standing on his head. Leafs are a middle tier #10 to #20 defense by the end of the season is the lickihood which IS a improvement over the last few years, but they are not Carolina over the last few years...no way. Easiest comparison of Mrazek is how he did in Carolina and how Andersen's doing in Carolina...that's the difference between a starter and backup.

except they are top 5 in the league by the stats alone without even considering goaltending. Their goaltending, was what let them down in that regard with freddy being awful last year, jack being hurt for a bit and having a rougher start to this season and them having to rely on 3rd goaltenders and AHLers to fill in.
    Andersen is playing well because he's finally healthy, his hip has been a nagging issue for like 2 years now.
    20 nov. 2021 à 13 h 33
    except they are top 5 in the league by the stats alone without even considering goaltending. Their goaltending, was what let them down in that regard with freddy being awful last year, jack being hurt for a bit and having a rougher start to this season and them having to rely on 3rd goaltenders and AHLers to fill in.
    Andersen is playing well because he's finally healthy, his hip has been a nagging issue for like 2 years now.

Andersen is playing well mainly because he's in front of a better defensive system hands down. Andersen is a top 10 goalie but the Leafs defensively let him down for years. Compare Mrazek's Carolina stats with Andersen...it's not even close. Now compare Mrazek in Toronto versus Carolina and it's not close...i get it it's only 2 games, but watch when Mrazek comes back and he's going to be worse then Carolina because Leafs are not a top 5 defensive regardless of the stat you are looking at.
    20 nov. 2021 à 13 h 40
    Andersen is playing well mainly because he's in front of a better defensive system hands down. Andersen is a top 10 goalie but the Leafs defensively let him down for years. Compare Mrazek's Carolina stats with Andersen...it's not even close. Now compare Mrazek in Toronto versus Carolina and it's not close...i get it it's only 2 games, but watch when Mrazek comes back and he's going to be worse then Carolina because Leafs are not a top 5 defensive regardless of the stat you are looking at.

no, Anderson was a top 10 goalie until 2 seasons ago, when his hip went wonky. Then he went from good, to meh to bad. The leafs defence in front of him was very very good last year and he tanked them hard.
    He got healthy this year, it's literally that simple. Now compare Mrazek in toronto, oh he's hurt yeah again that simple.
    If Mrazek comes back healthy he will be a good at worst goalie.
    20 nov. 2021 à 13 h 45
    no, Anderson was a top 10 goalie until 2 seasons ago, when his hip went wonky. Then he went from good, to meh to bad. The leafs defence in front of him was very very good last year and he tanked them hard.
    He got healthy this year, it's literally that simple. Now compare Mrazek in toronto, oh he's hurt yeah again that simple.

Well I won't agree that Toronto was last year or is a very good defensive team this year. They are average defensively. They have a couple great defenders but some big holes defensively. Andersen was put in tough situations because of it in Toronto. Mrazek only played 2 games but he's not going to look much better and not better then he did in Carolina. Carolina is head and shoulders better then the Leafs defense the last couple years and had nothing to do with Mrazek. If they had a true starter like Tampa, they could have gone won a cup.
    20 nov. 2021 à 13 h 49
    exo2769
    Rejoint: juill. 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,896
    You should probably do yourself a favour and see some of the comments on here the day Mrazek was signed. Generally pretty positive reviews except for the general leaf hate. Carolina fans specifically stating they will miss him and wish they could have signed him at that value.

Now you can post analytics all you want, but quality watching over quantity watching is key. How goalies perform under pressure, who is On the ice when goals are scored against etc. hurricanes fans will tell you that when Jake Gardiner was on the ice, they still felt confident with Mrazek back there. That’s a qualitative stat that no chart will show you.

I follow the Hawks, Canes, and Yotes. Lived in all 3 cities. I know other Canes fans over the years had supported Mrazek. I think they'd sing a different tune now that they actually have a real goalie. In Fact I think looking back they would actually agree with what I was saying all along. I had been calling for him to get traded away from the Canes for YEARS. Mrazek has proven that he's not a starter in the NHL. He and Reimer would go back and forth as to which guy could lose the job next. Yes, which one stunk enough to get replaced by the other. Then Ned comes around and replaces them both because he's better than them both.

NOW, it's very ironic that Mrazek and Freddie switch teams. Freddie might win the Vezina this year and I'm LOVING every second of these conversations. TOR fans would obliterate Freddie last year and now he's got a .941 SV%. CAR has imo THE BEST defense in the NHL. Mrazek would routinely have games where he'd face less than 20 shots on net.

All of these advanced metrics are garbage because Mrazek was behind the best defense in the NHL. Just look at the swap. Mrazek Freddie. Open and shut case right there.
    20 nov. 2021 à 13 h 54
    Well I won't agree that Toronto was last year or is a very good defensive team this year. They are average defensively. They have a couple great defenders but some big holes defensively. Andersen was put in tough situations because of it in Toronto. Mrazek only played 2 games but he's not going to look much better and not better then he did in Carolina. Carolina is head and shoulders better then the Leafs defense the last couple years and had nothing to do with Mrazek.

again, they are literally top 5 in the league by the defensive metrics and have been for the past two seasons, and if Mrazek gets healthy he will look as good as he did in carolina when he was healthy, which is a good 1B.
    As far as Carolina being heads and shoulders above the leafs defensivly, currently this season
    Leafs 1st in CF, 6th CF%, 1st FF,11th FF%, 8th xGA, HDCF% 9th
    Carolina 18th CF, 2nd CF%, 18th FF, 3rd FF% 21st xGA,, HDCF% 8th
    Carolina is better, but the gap is not very significant
    20 nov. 2021 à 13 h 56
    Quoting: exo2769
    I follow the Hawks, Canes, and Yotes. Lived in all 3 cities. I know other Canes fans over the years had supported Mrazek. I think they'd sing a different tune now that they actually have a real goalie. In Fact I think looking back they would actually agree with what I was saying all along. I had been calling for him to get traded away from the Canes for YEARS. Mrazek has proven that he's not a starter in the NHL. He and Reimer would go back and forth as to which guy could lose the job next. Yes, which one stunk enough to get replaced by the other. Then Ned comes around and replaces them both because he's better than them both.

NOW, it's very ironic that Mrazek and Freddie switch teams. Freddie might win the Vezina this year and I'm LOVING every second of these conversations. TOR fans would obliterate Freddie last year and now he's got a .941 SV%. CAR has imo THE BEST defense in the NHL. Mrazek would routinely have games where he'd face less than 20 shots on net.

All of these advanced metrics are garbage because Mrazek was behind the best defense in the NHL. Just look at the swap. Mrazek Freddie. Open and shut case right there.

lol, freddy gets healthy for the first time in years and plays well behind a good defence after totally gutting a good defence last year and he's amazing and Mrazek gets hurt in his 1st game and plays one rehab game where he aggravates the injury and he's trash.
    Good one.
    20 nov. 2021 à 14 h 1
    exo2769

No doubt that Freddie was over worked in TORs system. I actually agree with you there. But, don't underestimate the role CAR's defense plays. CAR's defense is the best defense in the NHL. This will over inflate Mrazek's metrics over the past few years. He'd routinely have games where he'd face less than 20 shots in an entire game. I've had many spirited debates with other CAR fans about the pros/cons about getting into a rhythm in net. To which there is a fine line between being cold and getting over worked within a game. But Freddie's .941 SV%. He's going to win the Vezina this year. That's my prediction. Hopefully, Brind'Amour will allow him more time to rest between games than either Babs or Keefe did.

Mrazek wasn't a good goalie in CAR. Ned replaced him very easily and now Freddie's crushing it. ALL Mrazek's stats are inlfated.
    20 nov. 2021 à 14 h 4
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,773
    He’s a guy saying Mrazek isn’t a starter based off of some sort of analytics he’s finding. But an actual NHL who in my mind has relied way too much on analytics seems to think he’s a starter and is paying him as one…. Quite interesting.

Fact: he hasn't played more than 40 games since the 2016-17 season. That's not a "starter".
    20 nov. 2021 à 14 h 13
    No doubt that Freddie was over worked in TORs system. I actually agree with you there. But, don't underestimate the role CAR's defense plays. CAR's defense is the best defense in the NHL. This will over inflate Mrazek's metrics over the past few years. He'd routinely have games where he'd face less than 20 shots in an entire game. I've had many spirited debates with other CAR fans about the pros/cons about getting into a rhythm in net. To which there is a fine line between being cold and getting over worked within a game. But Freddie's .941 SV%. He's going to win the Vezina this year. That's my prediction. Hopefully, Brind'Amour will allow him more time to rest between games than either Babs or Keefe did.

Mrazek wasn't a good goalie in CAR. Ned replaced him very easily and now Freddie's crushing it. ALL Mrazek's stats are inlfated.

I do understand the defensive role here and Carolina is very good defensivly, but the difference between them and the leafs is not near significant enough to inflate or detract from a goalies abilities in a meaningful way. Mrazek was a fine goalie in Carolina, when he was healthy, he just had some bad injury luck and even if Fred is a better goalie then cool, he makes almost a mill more a season than Mrazek and is 32 years older, that and the potential for him to be just as bad was why the leafs went with the younger cheaper guy and Mrazek was brought in to be a 1B guy, which he is easily and has been for years. Freddy was brought in to be a starter, which he has been for 12 games out of 82 but hadnt been for years. I like him and I hope he does well but he's more than likely not going to keep doing that.
    as far as winning the venzia, yeah you might wanna slow your roll on that one he's not even above Jack Campbell in any stat people who vote care about other than wins
    20 nov. 2021 à 14 h 13
    exo2769
    lol, freddy gets healthy for the first time in years and plays well behind a good defence after totally gutting a good defence last year and he's amazing and Mrazek gets hurt in his 1st game and plays one rehab game where he aggravates the injury and he's trash.
    Good one.

I'm just going to post this thread. Looks like Someone was 1,000% correct. popcorn

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/495384/2
    20 nov. 2021 à 14 h 15
    I'm just going to post this thread. Looks like Someone was 1,000% correct. popcorn

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/495384/2

oh you predicted Mrazek would hurt himself in game one and play one game after? or did you predict you'd make sweeping statements about sample sizes with no context and claim victory?
    20 nov. 2021 à 14 h 20
    exo2769
    oh you predicted Mrazek would hurt himself in game one and play one game after? or did you predict you'd make sweeping statements about sample sizes with no context and claim victory?

Mrazek is VERY overrated. He's been overrated. I've been trying to tell CAR fans that for YEARS! AND he's had that injury history long before this one. To sign him to this contract was very stupid and when he gets back, he'll likely continue to be between .905% - .910 SV% and unreliable when it matters most.
    20 nov. 2021 à 14 h 23
    Mrazek is VERY overrated. He's been overrated. I've been trying to tell CAR fans that for YEARS! AND he's had that injury history long before this one. To sign him to this contract was very stupid and when he gets back, he'll likely continue to be between .905% - .910 SV% and unreliable when it matters most.

Well you've been wrong for years then. He's been a good low end starter in his bad years when he's been healthy and a top half to very good starter on his good days. You can talk about his injuries and how they've impacted his ability to play consistantly sure, but the rest is simply un true. If he comes back and is healthy he'll be a 915ish guy with comparable underlaying stats for the duration of his contract at least.
    You want a goalie who is unreliable when it matters then you've already got him in freddy. The dude has consistently let in back breakers since before he was a leaf, Even when he was at his peak and healthy.
    20 nov. 2021 à 14 h 31
    exo2769
    Well you've been wrong for years then. He's been a good low end starter in his bad years when he's been healthy and a top half to very good starter on his good days. You can talk about his injuries and how they've impacted his ability to play consistantly sure, but the rest is simply un true. If he comes back and is healthy he'll be a 915ish guy with comparable underlaying stats for the duration of his contract at least.
    You want a goalie who is unreliable when it matters then you've already got him in freddy. The dude has consistently let in back breakers since before he was a leaf, Even when he was at his peak and healthy.

I think we agree with Freddie's over usage in TOR. I'm hoping Rod doesn't make that same mistake. It's entirely possible he does. I'm just hoping he doesn't.

Mrazek's career stats are .910 AND he's been on some very good teams. TOR is a good team. I'm not suggesting TOR sucks. TOR's defense is not as good as CAR's defense. Mrazek's SV% for the Canes is .911. The only reason you think he'll be a .915 is because you're VERY bias to what's on the front of his jersey. He's done literally nothing to suggest he'll be a .915 SV% goalie if for nothing else it's BECAUSE OF these injuries we keep talking about.
    ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
    20 nov. 2021 à 14 h 36
    I think we agree with Freddie's over usage in TOR. I'm hoping Rod doesn't make that same mistake. It's entirely possible he does. I'm just hoping he doesn't.

Mrazek's career stats are .910 AND he's been on some very good teams. TOR is a good team. I'm not suggesting TOR sucks. TOR's defense is not as good as CAR's defense. Mrazek's SV% for the Canes is .911. The only reason you think he'll be a .915 is because you're VERY bias to what's on the front of his jersey. He's done literally nothing to suggest he'll be a .915 SV% goalie if for nothing else it's BECAUSE OF these injuries we keep talking about.

except that if he is healthy and is part of a decent tandum he will be closer to his best than his worst. that is the entire point. He has spent much of his career as part of a bad tandum and some of those years behind some pretty terrible detroit defences.
    You cant really play the bias game when you're throwing around Venzias to a goalie who isnt even a clear cut top 3 guy in the league this season.
    20 nov. 2021 à 15 h 56
    exo2769
    except that if he is healthy and is part of a decent tandum he will be closer to his best than his worst. that is the entire point. He has spent much of his career as part of a bad tandum and some of those years behind some pretty terrible detroit defences.
    You cant really play the bias game when you're throwing around Venzias to a goalie who isnt even a clear cut top 3 guy in the league this season.

I'm the guy that's been saying for years now that my own goalie is overrated! I agree with you that he's spent much of his career as a part of a bad tandem. Reimer wasn't any better than Mrazek, I also agree DET wasn't a great team, but they weren't THAT bad either. They still had Datsyuk and Hank back then.

I am bias. We all are. The difference in our biases is that I A.) will say when a player on my own team is overrated. B.) When I say my prediciton is that Freddie wins the Vezina it's because he currently has a .941 SV%. He's actually playing well. You're bias is Mrazek doing something he's proven he ISN'T realistically capable of doing.
    ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
    20 nov. 2021 à 16 h 3
    I'm the guy that's been saying for years now that my own goalie is overrated! I agree with you that he's spent much of his career as a part of a bad tandem. Reimer wasn't any better than Mrazek, I also agree DET wasn't a great team, but they weren't THAT bad either. They still had Datsyuk and Hank back then.

I am bias. We all are. The difference in our biases is that I A.) will say when a player on my own team is overrated. B.) When I say my prediciton is that Freddie wins the Vezina it's because he currently has a .941 SV%. He's actually playing well. You're bias is Mrazek doing something he's proven he ISN'T realistically capable of doing.

your bias is that Mrazek stinks for some reason despite his actual results and any context. Literally everything about his entire career is that he's a low end starter type who can, when healthy, give you 30-40ish games of decent goaltending, IE he's a 1B which is exactly what the Leafs need from him and what they paid him to be.

And your prediction for Venzia is bias as hell because despite him having a 941SV%, he's 2nd in that behind Campbell, who has as many wins, 3x the shut outs, a better GAA 70 more saves etc etc etc. He's playing pretty good too.
    Not to mention it has been less than 20 games. Freddy could have 12 shutouts in 12 games and it would still be hilariously early to pretend he's going to win the venzia
    20 nov. 2021 à 16 h 25
    exo2769
    your bias is that Mrazek stinks for some reason despite his actual results and any context. Literally everything about his entire career is that he's a low end starter type who can, when healthy, give you 30-40ish games of decent goaltending, IE he's a 1B which is exactly what the Leafs need from him and what they paid him to be.

And your prediction for Venzia is bias as hell because despite him having a 941SV%, he's 2nd in that behind Campbell, who has as many wins, 3x the shut outs, a better GAA 70 more saves etc etc etc. He's playing pretty good too.
    Not to mention it has been less than 20 games. Freddy could have 12 shutouts in 12 games and it would still be hilariously early to pretend he's going to win the venzia

There's a difference between stinks and overrated. Mrazek isn't worth his contract...hence overrated, but he can be a decent backup goalie. I also, never said that TOR needed him to be a starter. I'm 100% willing to acknowledge Jack Campbell. Before this season, I was someone that said I wanted to see more. He had a nice stint in LA years ago and last year he was the 1B option. He's really proving himself this year. I'm not knocking Campbell at all. My prediciton is bias, I've already agreed to that. There's a difference in bias. A bias that a proven track record of CARs defense continuing to prop up goalies year after year will continue...my bias. VS A bias that someone will miraculously be better because they have a leaf on their jersey vs a hurricane...your bias. You said .915 with the Leafs, but he was a .911 with the Canes.
    ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
    20 nov. 2021 à 16 h 31
    There's a difference between stinks and overrated. Mrazek isn't worth his contract...hence overrated, but he can be a decent backup goalie. I also, never said that TOR needed him to be a starter. I'm 100% willing to acknowledge Jack Campbell. Before this season, I was someone that said I wanted to see more. He had a nice stint in LA years ago and last year he was the 1B option. He's really proving himself this year. I'm not knocking Campbell at all. My prediciton is bias, I've already agreed to that. There's a difference in bias. A bias that a proven track record of CARs defense continuing to prop up goalies year after year will continue...my bias. VS A bias that someone will miraculously be better because they have a leaf on their jersey vs a hurricane...your bias. You said .915 with the Leafs, but he was a .911 with the Canes.

except that he isnt a backup, he is a 1B goalie by literally every metric
    20 nov. 2021 à 17 h 17
    exo2769
    except that he isnt a backup, he is a 1B goalie by literally every metric

And Wennberg was the #1C on the Kraken last night. Would you like him to play the #1C for TOR??? Didn't think so. You know the difference. CAR had a rotation of two backup goalies for years. CAR should have kept Ned, but he wanted to go to DET. CAR propped up Mrazek to look like a decent goalie. If you want to call him a 1b...(ackup)...fine whatever. You win, you're still stuck with a overrated and overpaid player in net.
    ChiHawk a aimé ceci.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage