Forums/Armchair-GM

Mrazek to Oil

Créé par: Faulk_my_Dzingel
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 20 nov. 2021
Publié: 20 nov. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Not looking to get ragged on. Looking for thoughts on this. Just an idea. If it’s viable, what would the values on either end have to be?
Transactions
TOR
    Thoughts? Oilers get a proven goalie. Leafs clear cap space.
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2281 500 000 $78 413 116 $0 $400 000 $3 086 884 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
    C
    UFA - 3
    10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 4
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
    C, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
    AD
    UFA - 3
    950 000 $950 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    UFA - 2
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AD, AG
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    825 000 $825 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
    DG
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    750 000 $750 000 $
    G
    RFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    DD
    RFA - 1
    894 167 $894 167 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 13
    Banni
    Rejoint: mai 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
    Quoting: faulkmydzingel
    At this point I’d say no. But if he bounces back? My concern is if Campbell keeps playing as he is and barring an injury, he won’t really get a chance to prove he can bounce back. If he goes somewhere else he can play more and be in the 1A 1B role, or even solid starter.

Lol capfriendly trolls. Mrazek has been a very good tandem goalie for the past few seasons. He absolutely has value. He's just been unlucky this season.

Capfriendly logic. Anyone getting traded to the leafs or signed by the leafs deserves major value based off the very best small sample size in their career. And then anyone leaving the leafs is worthless or costs the leafs major assets to move because of the smallest sample size of poor play or injuries.

Mrazek will get healthy and provide TO with good goaltending. He's proven he's a decent goalie. Once he does, if someone needs a goalie and TO can find a good backup for Campbell for cheaper, then great. I doubt they move him unless it makes sense for TO.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 13
    Banni
    Quoting: CD282
    Skinner: .944
    Smith: .920
    Koskinen: .910

No need for another goalie, the Oilers already have 3 better ones.

This won't age well
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 14
    Banni
    Quoting: SheaWeber6
    What Edmonton needs is stability and certainty in net. Mrazek isn't quite that.

Ah, the "all leafs suck" leaf fan.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 16
    Banni
    Hmmm. Hard to argue against or for you a on this. From games I’ve watched Mrazek I’ve thought he’s quite solid. But I do agree that a goalie can be inflated by the defensive system in front of him.

TO is currently 4th in the NHL for GA/G. That is, if I am not mistaken, a top 5 team defensively. That guy is just a troll
    Faulk_my_Dzingel a aimé ceci.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 19
    Banni
    Quoting: MauriceArthur15
    A prime example is Phillip Grubauer . People were calling him to get a Vezina last season but all the underlying numbers proved he was nothing more than an average starter behind a strong defensive system.

Another one of those gambles that’s currently paying off is Fredrick Anderson however I do feel he will regress to the mean as he normally does from January onwards.

Freddie's issue will come in the playoffs. He's going to allow a bad goal and then it'll come crashing down.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 21
    Banni
    You should probably do yourself a favour and see some of the comments on here the day Mrazek was signed. Generally pretty positive reviews except for the general leaf hate. Carolina fans specifically stating they will miss him and wish they could have signed him at that value.

Now you can post analytics all you want, but quality watching over quantity watching is key. How goalies perform under pressure, who is On the ice when goals are scored against etc. hurricanes fans will tell you that when Jake Gardiner was on the ice, they still felt confident with Mrazek back there. That’s a qualitative stat that no chart will show you.

Analytics wise Mrazek was one of the better goalies in the league the past 3 seasons. This guy is moving goal posts to chirp the leafs. Loser arguments from Chihawk
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 22
    Ovchinnikov 137
    Rejoint: avr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
    Quoting: ChiHawk
    You clearly haven't looked into his advanced stats. Mrazek is not very good against high danger chances and is top 5 last year in rebounds per shot attempt. Those are the kind of stats that isolate a goalie from how good his defense was in front of him. Carolina is a top 5 defense, toronto is not.

Now you want to talk about MAF in Chicago? Yeah, he got traded and wasn't happy about it so his first 5 games collectively weren't good even posting a .600 in one of those first 5 games.The last 7 games Flowers has a average .931 save % on a average of 33 shots faced per game behind a bad defense. Fleury and Mrazek should never be discussed together, it's not close.

What are these advanced stats you are looking at.

According to Evolving Hockey’s expected goals model, Mrazek ranked 5th in goals saved above expected league-wide despite playing a fraction of the games that other league leaders had dressed for. At 5v5, where up to 80% of all ice time occurs, Mrazek ranked even better, sitting 3rd in the entire NHL at full strength. His puck-stopping abilities last year were amongst the league’s elite, as he sparkled with a 2.03 GAA and a .923 save percentage, well above his career averages in both.

Am I happy they committed 3 years to him, not really, but he is worth his contract. I just would have preferred signing a goalie to a 1 year deal, 2 max, so you could have seen what we had in Jack Campbell, which is a very very good goalie.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 28
    Rejoint: avr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,477
    Quoting: MatthewsFan

According to Evolving Hockey’s expected goals model, Mrazek ranked 5th in goals saved above expected league-wide despite playing a fraction of the games that other league leaders had dressed for. At 5v5, where up to 80% of all ice time occurs, Mrazek ranked even better, sitting 3rd in the entire NHL at full strength. His puck-stopping abilities last year were amongst the league’s elite, as he sparkled with a 2.03 GAA and a .923 save percentage, well above his career averages in both.

Am I happy they committed 3 years to him, not really, but he is worth his contract. I just would have preferred signing a goalie to a 1 year deal, 2 max, so you could have seen what we had in Jack Campbell, which is a very very good goalie.

Mrazek also was bottom 5 in the league in rebounds given up which is a stat that takes away the team on the ice which Mrazek benefited from large in part. He also was not great with high danger and medium danger shots. Carolina has been a top 5 defensive team in the league, hard to compare a goalie without considering that. Heck Andersen looks like a Vezina goalie in Carolina which Mrazek never did and that speaks volumes; not that Freddie is bad (he's certainly an upgrade over Mrazek) but he's not a top 5 goalie in the league even though he looks like one right now.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 31
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,382
    I love it when people deflect when someone comments against their idea or trade, then assume just because that person is a fan of a team to think every player is good or worth his contract. Some of us aren't die hard homers and know what reality is. If you've followed my comments, you'd know that goes down as one of the worst sign and trade deals bowman has ever done. I also never said the Hawks were going to be good this year.

Back to the topic at hand, Mrazek is not a starting goalie, he's a backup. His advanced analytics prove that in carolina. At almost $4M for a backup he's overpaid. Sorry you take the truth so personal but don't be blinded by being a fan of a team. If someone from Carolina posted this trade on CF last year, Mrazek at $4M for a 2nd or 3rd, Leafs fans would be flaming that person.

No, mrazek is a 1B goalie and well worth his contract
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 32
    Ovchinnikov 137
    Mrazek also was bottom 5 in the league in rebounds given up which is a stat that takes away the team on the ice which Mrazek benefited from large in part. He also was not great with high danger and medium danger shots. Carolina has been a top 5 defensive team in the league, hard to compare a goalie without considering that. Heck Andersen looks like a Vezina goalie in Carolina which Mrazek never did and that speaks volumes; not that Freddie is bad (he's certainly an upgrade over Mrazek) but he's not a top 5 goalie in the league even though he looks like one right now.

Well how about this your stats and my stats would say he is definitely an above average goalie, putting in the 3-5mil range. He sits comfortably at 3.8. If I have missed some of your comments my mistake, all I am getting at is he is absolutely worth his contract.

But like I stated, signing any goalie to a 3 year deal was a mistake in my eyes for Toronto until you knew what you had in Campbell. Because signing him now just becomes that much tougher. Not impossible but not easy
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 32
    Démarrer sujet
    Smythe.over.Hart
    Rejoint: juill. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,350
    Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
    Analytics wise Mrazek was one of the better goalies in the league the past 3 seasons. This guy is moving goal posts to chirp the leafs. Loser arguments from Chihawk

He’s a guy saying Mrazek isn’t a starter based off of some sort of analytics he’s finding. But an actual NHL who in my mind has relied way too much on analytics seems to think he’s a starter and is paying him as one…. Quite interesting.
    MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 37
    Ovchinnikov 137
    He’s a guy saying Mrazek isn’t a starter based off of some sort of analytics he’s finding. But an actual NHL who in my mind has relied way too much on analytics seems to think he’s a starter and is paying him as one…. Quite interesting.

Just to touch on the analytics comment, I think you have a point, there is a fine line to walk. But IMO I’d rather be all in and trust the numbers then nothing at all. I don’t think there will ever be a GM your going to love all the moves they make but I definitely have faith that Kyle and his team around him are the right people in place.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 39
    Yeah, none of what you are saying is accurate. Look at the advanced analytics of Mrazek in Carolina and you'll understand his save % was because of the defense, didn't face many high danger chances. He's a backup goalie and at almost $4M cap hit in a flat cap world he's overpaid.

No, thats not at all what the advanced stats say about him. Not at all. They say he's a good 1b goalie
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 41

Okay, let's look at it differently then. Where do you rank Mrazek as a starter in the league behind all other goalies? Do you really think he's a top 20 goalie in the league? Do you think he's a top 32 goalie? Do you think he's a lateral move or upgrade to Andersen?

Look at unblocked high danger shots, medium danger shots, rebounds given up...those are stats that do the best to isolate the goalie performance. There are others but good starting place.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 42
    Quoting: JaredOfLondon
    No, thats not at all what the advanced stats say about him. Not at all. They say he's a good 1b goalie

Really? Being bottom 5 in rebounds given up in the league of all goalies including backups last year says he's a 1B?
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 46
    Well how about this your stats and my stats would say he is definitely an above average goalie, putting in the 3-5mil range. He sits comfortably at 3.8. If I have missed some of your comments my mistake, all I am getting at is he is absolutely worth his contract.

But like I stated, signing any goalie to a 3 year deal was a mistake in my eyes for Toronto until you knew what you had in Campbell. Because signing him now just becomes that much tougher. Not impossible but not easy

He's average for all NHL goalies I agree. He's below average for a starter, definitely not a top 20 goalie in the league compared with starters. When you extrapolate stats away from the team in front of him, it says he's a decent backup. Frankly, that's what Toronto needs as Soup is a solid goalie when healthy. I'm not saying Mrazek isn't a decent backup by the way, I'm just saying in a flat cap world dropping almost $4M for a backup is too rich for most teams thus his trade value isn't that high. It's not like there was a big free agency market for Mrazek clearly.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 49
    Really? Being bottom 5 in rebounds given up in the league of all goalies including backups last year says he's a 1B?

Yes, because that's a meaningless stat and the fact thats all you have latched onto proves it. The guy played 12 games due to injury last year, and all you have is "rebounds given up" in a hilariously small sample size and just ignore the rest of his career.
    The definition of cherry picking so you can pretend your argument has a leg to stand on
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 51
    He's average for all NHL goalies I agree. He's below average for a starter, definitely not a top 20 goalie in the league compared with starters. When you extrapolate stats away from the team in front of him, it says he's a decent backup. Frankly, that's what Toronto needs as Soup is a solid goalie when healthy. I'm not saying Mrazek isn't a decent backup by the way, I'm just saying in a flat cap world dropping almost $4M for a backup is too rich for most teams thus his trade value isn't that high. It's not like there was a big free agency market for Mrazek clearly.

So he's not a top 20 goalie in a league with 32 teams and that means hes a back up? He's a 1b at worst by that definition alone.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 53
    In Pridham we trust
    Rejoint: mai 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,969
    At this point I’d say no. But if he bounces back? My concern is if Campbell keeps playing as he is and barring an injury, he won’t really get a chance to prove he can bounce back. If he goes somewhere else he can play more and be in the 1A 1B role, or even solid starter.

Campbell has never been close to a 60+ games guy in the NHL, and has been injury prone himself over the years, I really don't see the Leafs bailing on the 1A/1B plan after 2 starts from Mrazek.

Also, neither Woll or Hutchinson should be in the NHL right now.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 53
    Yes, because that's a meaningless stat and the fact thats all you have latched onto proves it. The guy played 12 games due to injury last year, and all you have is "rebounds given up" in a hilariously small sample size and just ignore the rest of his career.
    The definition of cherry picking so you can pretend your argument has a leg to stand on

No, if you follow my comments it's not just rebounds. Look at unblocked high danger shots, medium danger shots, low danger. It's not just last year, go back as a collectively whole over several years in Carolina. His stats, just like Andersen's are right now, are inflated as Carolina is consistently a top 5 defensive team. Mrazek has and will not play well behind the Leafs defensive. Just wait until he's back and Leafs fans start screaming trade him for nothing in the 2nd half of the season. He's a backup, not a 1A or 1B, he's a good backup which is fine but not worth $4M over 3 years.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 54
    So he's not a top 20 goalie in a league with 32 teams and that means hes a back up? He's a 1b at worst by that definition alone.

Because arguably the bottom 20% to 30% of goalies starters in the league any given year shouldn't be starters. Some teams have two starters, other teams don't have a legitimate starter.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 54
    Ovchinnikov 137

Yup, no argument there. I’m guessing there thought processes was tho of a 1A 1B spilt.
    ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 56
    Because arguably the bottom 20% to 30% of goalies starters in the league any given year shouldn't be starters. Some teams have two starters, other teams don't have a legitimate starter.

except that you said goalies in the league, so that doesnt split them by team. if he's between 21 and 32 he's still a starter.
    20 nov. 2021 à 12 h 57
    Yup, no argument there. I’m guessing there thought processes was tho of a 1A 1B spilt.

Yeah agree, I just think the reality is he's a backup. Watch him beyond the small sample size thus far when he comes back, and Leafs fans will be screaming why he's in net by the TDL or end of the season. I would not want to go into the playoffs with Mrazek if soupy gets hurt behind Toronto's D, much less of a concern behind Carolina's D.
    20 nov. 2021 à 13 h 0
    except that you said goalies in the league, so that doesnt split them by team. if he's between 21 and 32 he's still a starter.

Sorry, meant team starters. I absolutely think there are 32 better goalies in the league then him. I think he's fine for a backup but a 1A or 1B suggests the guy is easily top 30 or better. Again, I'm just saying at almost $4M he isn't going to bring back a 2nd round pick or much value as that is rich for a backup.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage