SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 Playoffs Discussion Thread

7 juill. 2021 à 12 h 1
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,503
Quoting: yikes
never understood people thinking Seattle won't be interested in him, caps a little high but not bad. He's a quality top 4 d

I'd go as far as top 2 and he has experience as team captain. I wouldn't be surprised if Francis builds his dcore around him
yikes a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2021 à 12 h 55
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Score Prediction
4-3 Tampa
Kuch, Cirelli, Palat, Coleman
Suzuki, Anderson, Perry

Also, Two weeks until the Expansion draft
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2021 à 14 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,027
never understood people thinking Seattle won't be interested in him, caps a little high but not bad. He's a quality top 4 d

its mainly the contract and age that are deterrents. If he was 5 years younger he would probs get taken

RN on the left I see Seattle going (Graves, Matheson, Lauzon) and on the right (Barrie via FA, Mayfield, and Jensen)
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2021 à 15 h 52
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: aadoyle
its mainly the contract and age that are deterrents. If he was 5 years younger he would probs get taken

RN on the left I see Seattle going (Graves, Matheson, Lauzon) and on the right (Barrie via FA, Mayfield, and Jensen)

They better not do Pittsburgh that much of a favour. And Hextall isn’t Rutherford, so he’s not going to get rid of the last crumbs in their miserable prospect pool to make the Kraken pick Matheson.
yikes et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2021 à 15 h 53
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,834
Quoting: aadoyle

I’m more with SevenLeg

You could realistically have McDonagh leading the d core and honestly build a really strong D core of you plan on taking assets (picks and prospects) and build to the cap. Seattle could realistically come away better than Vegas I think in terms of;

Being competitive (which they won’t nearly be as good as Vegas)
Being deep asset wise (which will be much better than Vegas)

Personally I’d build around McD, Graves, Mayfield and than consider Gio, Burns, Nuutivara (if Florida doesn’t opt to make a play to keep him). Assets from Tampa for McD/ Johnson possibly as a large cap move and haul for SEA, assets from SJS or CGY. I think Seattle could really have a fantastic build through youth and competitively.
Kotkaniemi15, A_Habs_fan et SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2021 à 15 h 54
Former Hockey Fan
I’m more with SevenLeg

You could realistically have McDonagh leading the d core and honestly build a really strong D core of you plan on taking assets (picks and prospects) and build to the cap. Seattle could realistically come away better than Vegas I think in terms of;

Personally I’d build around McD, Graves, Mayfield and than consider Gio, Burns, Nuutivara (if Florida doesn’t opt to make a play to keep him). Assets from Tampa for McD/ Johnson possibly as a large cap move, assets from SJS or CGY. I think Seattle could really have a fantastic build through youth and competitively.

Calgary isn’t going to pay for Seattle to take Giordano. If anything, it’s likely that they pay for Seattle not to take Giordano.
7 juill. 2021 à 15 h 55
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Calgary isn’t going to pay for Seattle to take Giordano. If anything, it’s likely that they pay for Seattle not to take Giordano.

Yeah I mean Gio is a number 4 as it stands but he's their captain sooooooo
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2021 à 15 h 56
EklundCelebriniSmith

Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

I think if Calgary wants to actually be good, they need to consider making changes. They’ve been running at the wall with the same core and it hasn’t worked. It wouldn’t be a large asset. It would be like a 4th or prospect. If I’m SEA I’m eyeing Phillips so honestly if CAL won’t make me take Gio with a small incentive ima take a great prospect in Phillips. Which I think Calgary shouldn’t lose Phillips for free. He could be a steal of a selection.
7 juill. 2021 à 15 h 57
Former Hockey Fan

I’m not saying it’s smart for them to do it, but it does seem like that’s what Calgary might do.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2021 à 15 h 57
Brace for the Storm
I’m not saying it’s smart for them to do it, but it does seem like that’s what Calgary might do.

That plus Trelieving isn't exactly a genius
Kotkaniemi15 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2021 à 15 h 58
Brace for the Storm
I think if Calgary wants to actually be good, they need to consider making changes. They’ve been running at the wall with the same core and it hasn’t worked. It wouldn’t be a large asset. It would be like a 4th or prospect. If I’m SEA I’m eyeing Phillips so honestly if CAL won’t make me take Gio with a small incentive ima take a great prospect in Phillips. Which I think Calgary shouldn’t lose Phillips for free.

Yeah I think both Monahan and Gaudreau should go

Only question is «where?»
PHI doesn't need Gaudreau tho so stop trading him there
7 juill. 2021 à 16 h 0
EklundCelebriniSmith

Monahan is low value imo so they may not even get great offers, Gaudreau has potential. I think we could see some crazy stuff like Gaudreau to Vegas.
7 juill. 2021 à 16 h 1
Brace for the Storm
Monahan is low value imo so they may not even get great offers, Gaudreau has potential. I think we could see some crazy stuff like Gaudreau to Vegas.

Monahan could still fetch a late first and B prospect IMO
7 juill. 2021 à 16 h 2
EklundCelebriniSmith
Monahan could still fetch a late first and B prospect IMO

I wouldn’t offer more than a late first. He’s steadily been declining (not entirely unlikely he doesn’t improve). He’s also brutal defensively. He’s got upside but he’s not worth his cap hit currently and without seeing him play this coming year idk if I want to gamble on him preseason.
7 juill. 2021 à 16 h 2
Brace for the Storm
I wouldn’t offer more than a late first. He’s steadily been declining (not entirely unlikely he doesn’t improve). He’s also brutal defensively.

I mean I agree but NHL GMs aren't always the sharpest tools in the shed soooooo
7 juill. 2021 à 16 h 4
EklundCelebriniSmith
All things considered Tampa could just win like 5-1 tonight and make tonight rather uneventful.

But I’m praying for some chaos. Let’s make this SCF spicy and memorable.

Prediction: Tampa 4-0 (GWG Kuch)
- Joseph opens the game
- Vasi shutout per usual elimination
- Conn Smythe : Vasi

My heart: Habs 4-3 (GWG Suzuki)
- Anderson opens the game
- Weber and Price perform again
- Romanov puts up 2pts
7 juill. 2021 à 16 h 53
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805

I would pay for Gio to go away. Should’ve been gone after 18–19 IMO
7 juill. 2021 à 17 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 juill. 2021 à 17 h 10
I’m more with SevenLeg

Personally I’d build around McD, Graves, Mayfield and than consider Gio, Burns, Nuutivara (if Florida doesn’t opt to make a play to keep him). Assets from Tampa for McD/ Johnson possibly as a large cap move and haul for SEA, assets from SJS or CGY. I think Seattle could really have a fantastic build through youth and competitively.

I was thinking for leadership they go with Henrique as Captain, and then JVR and Johnsson get A's and after there first year they decide what direction they want to go. Do they want to go Vegas route or do they want to go the slower development route

Cause realistically if they go with a Dcore of

Graves-Barrie
Matheson-Mayfield
Lauzon-Jensen

heck they may just take Dougies rights and sign him to a massive 8.5mill deal over Barrie

originally I would have said

Ekholm and Dumba got I got a feeling Minnesota and Nashville will find a way to protect them.

But somehow I got the feeling OEL is gonna end up in Seattle.
7 juill. 2021 à 17 h 8
Hakuna Matata
They better not do Pittsburgh that much of a favour. And Hextall isn’t Rutherford, so he’s not going to get rid of the last crumbs in their miserable prospect pool to make the Kraken pick Matheson.

oh pittsburghs for sure is gonna pay to move him. I know Hextall said nah but he said things could change. Lets be real losing Petterson to keep Matheson would not be smart. Just send a 2nd or include ZAR in the deal.
7 juill. 2021 à 17 h 15
EklundCelebriniSmith
I don’t often (or at all watch soccer);

Tune into the Denmark England game and lol, England literally was gifted today’s win by the refs. Literal match “fixing?”.
We have it alright boys, what a brutal call - even with the keeper making the save.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2021 à 18 h 10
Speak of the Devil

Montreal if he gets dealt at the deadline
Philly if he becomes a FA. I know Philly doesn't need him but I think he'll go home
7 juill. 2021 à 19 h 21
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Yay. Severe thunderstorm moving thru my area, and cant get a TV signal if my life depended on it. Internet's too slow to use my sportsnet now, hoping htings clear up! I wanna watch this game!!
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2021 à 19 h 30
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Yay. Severe thunderstorm moving thru my area, and cant get a TV signal if my life depended on it. Internet's too slow to use my sportsnet now, hoping htings clear up! I wanna watch this game!!

nhl66.ir

Use that
7 juill. 2021 à 19 h 44
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: Devil1122
nhl66.ir

Use that

thanks, but my internet is too slow frown
Devil a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2021 à 19 h 45
GO FLAMES GO
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,674
If Montreal pulls of the reverse sweep who will win the Conn smyte? Price is my guess
Rangsey et rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage