Forums/Armchair-GM

Turning A Corner

Créé par: Streeter99
Équipe: 2021-22 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 18 mars 2021
Publié: 18 mars 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Bouchard is ready to play full time so Bear becomes expendable in the Expansion Draft to Seattle.
Russell signed at good value allows for 1 more year for Broberg to get seasoned Europe or AHL.
Oilers walk from UFA's Chiasson, Koekkoek and Nygard.

Jones gets traded to LA for Iafallo at the trade deadline and then signed before Expansion Draft (one of the 7 forwards protected).
Expansion Draft Protected Players:
Forwards - McDavid, Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins, Puljujarvi, Archibald, Yamamoto, Iafallo
Defense - Nurse, Larsson, Barrie
Goalie - Koskinen

Klefbom is exempt due to LTIR status
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3900 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 000 000 $
2950 000 $
11 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
21 250 000 $
1850 000 $
2850 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
34 500 000 $
11 000 000 $
11 000 000 $
23 500 000 $
46 500 000 $
11 500 000 $
23 000 000 $
1750 000 $
Transactions
EDM
ANA
  1. Bear, Ethan
Détails additionnels:
Lost to Seattle in Expansion Draft
EDM
LAK
  1. Jones, Caleb
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
Traded to LA at 2021 Trade Deadline
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de PIT
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $74 274 672 $669 339 $850 000 $7 225 328 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
UFA - 5
1 175 000 $1 175 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 8
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C
UFA
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 600 000 $5 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 mars 2021 à 18 h 52
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,156
LA is going to re-sign Iafallo. He's going to get significantly more money than that. Toffoli's contract is a good comparable.
18 mars 2021 à 19 h 1
Connor
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 635
Why would we give bear away for free? I'd rather let Barrie walk because he'll be asking for a lot more than that.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2021 à 19 h 8
Pistol Pete
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,479
Larsson and Barrie don’t need protection they are UFAs. If you are losing bear you better get something back like at least a first rounder.
JmoneyTalk et CD282 a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2021 à 19 h 58
Ouch
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 540
I think even if Barrie does decide it's in his best interest to stay in EDM because of the "perfect fit" it still might cost at least 5.5 x 4. From the sounds of it I wouldn't get to excited about Nuge signing anything less then 7, there were rumbling recently about his contract talks being between 6-6.5 but that's for maybe 4 years and then sign bigger longer after when things go back to normal but that just doesn't make sense, by then he'll be 32 and most likely in the decline. It's not like he's elite elite and worth 7 x 5-6 at that age. If hes smart he holds of for as close to 7 as possible for as long possible. iF Holland decides Bear is expendable and leaves him exposed which I don't think he will have to I'm very certain he'll recoup some assets in the process or find a way to get Seattle to take more then just Neal into he expansion draft.
18 mars 2021 à 20 h 43
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,405
"Klefbom is exempt due to LTIR status"

Only if the medical prognosis is that he is unable to play in 2021-2022. The LTIR exemption applies only in cases of "career-threatening" injury. You can't just put a guy on LTIR, expect the League to declare him exempt, and then trot him out the first week of training camp. That's why guys like Ryan Kesler and Marian Hossa are exempt -- they're not going to be able to play again.
18 mars 2021 à 20 h 45
Ouch
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 540
Quoting: OldNYIfan
"Klefbom is exempt due to LTIR status"

Only if the medical prognosis is that he is unable to play in 2021-2022. The LTIR exemption applies only in cases of "career-threatening" injury. You can't just put a guy on LTIR, expect the League to declare him exempt, and then trot him out the first week of training camp. That's why guys like Ryan Kesler and Marian Hossa are exempt -- they're not going to be able to play again.

Everyone knows that aha why are people so obsessed with arguing that's he NOT exempt? Why do you care if a fan of the team makes a ACGM version under the assumption that he is exempt just to see what the team would look like aha do you not have anything better to do?
18 mars 2021 à 21 h 0
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: JmoneyTalk
Everyone knows that aha why are people so obsessed with arguing that's he NOT exempt? Why do you care if a fan of the team makes a ACGM version under the assumption that he is exempt just to see what the team would look like aha do you not have anything better to do?

Most people believe that false statements are bad. You, obviously, don't.

The OP clearly believes that Edmonton will be able to shelter 4 of its defensemen in the expansion draft. I'm correcting that mistaken belief.
19 mars 2021 à 1 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 10
Quoting: hockeyconnor97
Why would we give bear away for free? I'd rather let Barrie walk because he'll be asking for a lot more than that.

You do understand how an expansion draft works right? Giving a player away for free to the expansion team is precisely what it does... 🙄

They absolutely will protect Barrie, so it will come down to Bear vs Larsson. I choose Larsson every single time. This is assuming he resigns, which the way he is playing right now would be a no brainer to get done.
19 mars 2021 à 1 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Most people believe that false statements are bad. You, obviously, don't.

The OP clearly believes that Edmonton will be able to shelter 4 of its defensemen in the expansion draft. I'm correcting that mistaken belief.

I appreciate my interpretation of the expansion draft rules may not be correct, however, here is the quote from NHL.com: * Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a team's player exposure requirements unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection.

What caught my eye was the 60 games played, clearly Klefbom won’t meet that...and with him having delayed surgery perhaps the Oilers can apply for exempt status given they will not know how he will recover. I may be way off but that would be a valuable angle to protect him if they could.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2021 à 1 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 19 mars 2021 à 1 h 46
Quoting: JmoneyTalk
I think even if Barrie does decide it's in his best interest to stay in EDM because of the "perfect fit" it still might cost at least 5.5 x 4. From the sounds of it I wouldn't get to excited about Nuge signing anything less then 7, there were rumbling recently about his contract talks being between 6-6.5 but that's for maybe 4 years and then sign bigger longer after when things go back to normal but that just doesn't make sense, by then he'll be 32 and most likely in the decline. It's not like he's elite elite and worth 7 x 5-6 at that age. If hes smart he holds of for as close to 7 as possible for as long possible. iF Holland decides Bear is expendable and leaves him exposed which I don't think he will have to I'm very certain he'll recoup some assets in the process or find a way to get Seattle to take more then just Neal into he expansion draft.

I think one of Bear or Jones has a pretty high probability of going to Seattle. Especially if Barrie and Larsson keep playing like they are...if the Oilers have playoff success, they both will get resigned (9-10M between the two I would predict). We have to remember that both Bear and Jones are 5th round picks and while that is a good thing it also makes them expendable when you see that Bouchard is ready and Broberg will be close behind. I would be completely fine with losing either of them to Seattle.

Also, RNH may get 7M ...max. I bet it’s under that though. Not a chance in hell Seattle takes Neal. We don’t even have draft picks available to sweeten the deal. Seattle will take notes from Vegas and draft young...guaranteed.
19 mars 2021 à 1 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Zmach
Larsson and Barrie don’t need protection they are UFAs. If you are losing bear you better get something back like at least a first rounder.

Ah ha ha ha...first rounder for Bear...are you kidding me?!? Bear doesn’t command a first rounder anytime...EVER! He’s at best a 4-5 Dman. You’d be damn lucky to get a 2nd out of him. He was a 5th rounder himself. 🙄
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2021 à 9 h 40
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Streeter99
I appreciate my interpretation of the expansion draft rules may not be correct, however, here is the quote from NHL.com: * Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a team's player exposure requirements unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection.

What caught my eye was the 60 games played, clearly Klefbom won’t meet that...and with him having delayed surgery perhaps the Oilers can apply for exempt status given they will not know how he will recover. I may be way off but that would be a valuable angle to protect him if they could.

Note the repeated use of the phrase "career-ending." When you look at the guys who CapFriendly's expansion-draft software list with the youngsters that are exempt, you can see that the type of injury involved is one that guarantees virtually a 99% or better chance that the player will never return to the ice. (Gaborik, Hossa, Kesler, etc.). If there is any doubt about Klefbom's ability to play in 2021-2022, then the League won't make him exempt from the expansion draft.

Shame on you for stiffing my fellow Badger $25,000. He's so good, he might even be a Calder Trophy contender!
19 mars 2021 à 10 h 25
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,772
Ah ha ha ha...first rounder for Bear...are you kidding me?!? Bear doesn’t command a first rounder anytime...EVER! He’s at best a 4-5 Dman. You’d be damn lucky to get a 2nd out of him. He was a 5th rounder himself. 🙄

You foolishly protected two UFA's and you're laughing at the guy who pointed out how stupid that is? Wow are you clueless... and Ethan Bear has played first pairing for 1.5 seasons now, you're further ridicule shows just how out of touch you are with reality.
19 mars 2021 à 12 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 19 mars 2021 à 12 h 57
Quoting: CD282
You foolishly protected two UFA's and you're laughing at the guy who pointed out how stupid that is? Wow are you clueless... and Ethan Bear has played first pairing for 1.5 seasons now, you're further ridicule shows just how out of touch you are with reality.

Wow buddy...chill. If you actually understood my notes above the UFA's that I protected (Barrie and Larsson) would have been resigned before the expansion draft. As for Bear...HA...first pairing...only because of injuries to others and he was forced into that role. I'm not saying he isn't valuable but there is no way he slots above Nurse, Barrie or Larsson in terms of value. You obviously don't watch Oiler games...what the real joke here is your overestimation of his value.
19 mars 2021 à 12 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Note the repeated use of the phrase "career-ending." When you look at the guys who CapFriendly's expansion-draft software list with the youngsters that are exempt, you can see that the type of injury involved is one that guarantees virtually a 99% or better chance that the player will never return to the ice. (Gaborik, Hossa, Kesler, etc.). If there is any doubt about Klefbom's ability to play in 2021-2022, then the League won't make him exempt from the expansion draft.

Shame on you for stiffing my fellow Badger $25,000. He's so good, he might even be a Calder Trophy contender!

Ha ha...Yes, I'm very much looking forward to Hollaway joining the Oilers. If they get him signed, he may get a look late this season to see how he matches up in the big leagues. Thanks for the further explanation of the LTIR stuff. I still read it as a possibility for the Klefbom situation but maybe that is wishful thinking. I'm sure more info will be available on his prognosis come draft time.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2021 à 13 h 52
Wow buddy...chill. If you actually understood my notes above the UFA's that I protected (Barrie and Larsson) would have been resigned before the expansion draft.

That's what makes it such a stupid move. No GM is going to re-sign all his UFA's until after the expansion draft in order to reduce the value of the player taken by Seattle. Rookie move.

As for Bear...HA...first pairing...only because of injuries to others and he was forced into that role.

He was forced into the role when Larsson got injured in game 1 last season... but Larsson wasn't able to force Bear OUT of that role when he came back either, so there's that. The only reason Bear isn't the 1st pairing guy today is because of the concussion he suffered early this year. He's their best RHD when healthy.

I'm not saying he isn't valuable but there is no way he slots above Nurse, Barrie or Larsson in terms of value. You obviously don't watch Oiler games...what the real joke here is your overestimation of his value.

He isn't above Nurse in value, but he has more value than Barrie and Larsson for many reasons: age, contract and ability being the main ones. Here's a little comp of how Nurse does with Bear vs with Barrie:

http://naturalstattrick.com/pairings.php?fromseason=20202021&thruseason=20202021&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=y&team=EDM&loc=B&toi=160&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=410

Bear is already better than Barrie while also being younger and cheaper. He has FAR more value.
19 mars 2021 à 14 h 5
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455

I want to point out - in the sake of taking the "legalese" approach Edmonton would plead with the league:

"or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury".

The case doesn't necessarily need to be career-threatening, even if Klefbom's actually is. Surgery can't cure arthritis, and there is still a chance he retires due to his bum shoulder.

Prorating the season, just as the league did in determining if Edmonton owed Calgary a 3rd round pick, indicates that Klefbom would have met the 60-game requirement had the league played a full season or anything north of the current 56-game season we were fortunate enough to get.

Given that he's only recently been scheduled for surgery (I believe its near the end of the month), it's guaranteed that Klefbom misses training camp outright, possibly the first half of next season, should he even be fit to continue his career. The recovery time is cited as a 6-month minimum, which puts his best-case scenario for being cleared for contact at the start of the season. It becomes a matter of conditioning then, as he'll have missed over a calendar year's worth of proper training and icetime.

The league's own history of decision making warrants that Klefbom be exempt from expansion. There is no certainty he plays again, and if he does, the earliest it likely happens is November next season.

Oilers fans are naturally pessimistic, as the league has an observable history of finding ways to screw us over (changing draft lottery rules, owing the Sharks and Bruins picks for fired coaches/GMs, owing the Flames a pick for the Lucic-Neal swap, RNH and McDavid's Calder snubs, it's a lengthy list if you dig into it, these are just the modern examples). My expectation is that Klefbom will remain eligible because it's the dumbest of the available options but Seattle won't select him given the risk involved.
Streeter99 a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2021 à 15 h 27
Démarrer sujet
That's what makes it such a stupid move. No GM is going to re-sign all his UFA's until after the expansion draft in order to reduce the value of the player taken by Seattle. Rookie move.

He was forced into the role when Larsson got injured in game 1 last season... but Larsson wasn't able to force Bear OUT of that role when he came back either, so there's that. The only reason Bear isn't the 1st pairing guy today is because of the concussion he suffered early this year. He's their best RHD when healthy.

He isn't above Nurse in value, but he has more value than Barrie and Larsson for many reasons: age, contract and ability being the main ones. Here's a little comp of how Nurse does with Bear vs with Barrie:

http://naturalstattrick.com/pairings.php?fromseason=20202021&thruseason=20202021&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=y&team=EDM&loc=B&toi=160&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=410

Bear is already better than Barrie while also being younger and cheaper. He has FAR more value.

I don't care what the analytics say (they only tell part of the story)...no GM in the league would value Bear over any one of those 3 and in fact he is probably below Klefbom (even with his injury proneness). You are absolutely kidding yourself if you can't see that. Holland will soon be in contract talks with Barrie and Larsson to get them signed before the expansion draft. You heard it hear first...Bear and Jones are exposed and one of them goes to the Kraken. The only way one of those players doesn't get picked is if they take a chance on Benson, Khaira (assuming he is resigned), Kassian or Haas (if resigned), but I'm pretty certain they are going to draft young so you can forget about Neal, Ennis, Chiasson or Nygard even being considered.

There is a reason why Bear only got $2M. If your "analytics" were telling the whole truth he would be in the $4M range...
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2021 à 15 h 33
I don't care what the analytics say (they only tell part of the story)...no GM in the league would value Bear over any one of those 3 and in fact he is probably below Klefbom (even with his injury proneness). You are absolutely kidding yourself if you can't see that. Holland will soon be in contract talks with Barrie and Larsson to get them signed before the expansion draft. You heard it hear first...Bear and Jones are exposed and one of them goes to the Kraken. The only way one of those players doesn't get picked is if they take a chance on Benson, Khaira (assuming he is resigned), Kassian or Haas (if resigned), but I'm pretty certain they are going to draft young so you can forget about Neal, Ennis, Chiasson or Nygard even being considered.

There is a reason why Bear only got $2M. If your "analytics" were telling the whole truth he would be in the $4M range...

*shrugs*

I can't help it if you're clueless.
19 mars 2021 à 17 h 11
Démarrer sujet
*shrugs*

I can't help it if you're clueless.

You lost me at "Bear is already better than Barrie"...that statement in itself is not only laughable but shows how "clueless" you are...pretty much troll level analysis there buddy!
Nice talking with you...

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage