Forums/NHL

BLM Holdouts - NBA Playoffs

26 août 2020 à 17 h 20
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,805
Modifié 26 août 2020 à 17 h 46
Quoting: McRanteskog
you think the NHL has done enough? lol what?
NHL has done barely anything on this matter

Nor do they need to, it is none of their business. Their only concern is to grow the game and provide entertainment. Are you entertained by BLM? I sure am not and neither is anyone else. It's a sport, one of the few that isn't yet watered down by politics. Let's keep it that way.
Shibbal18 et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 17 h 26
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 581
Quoting: Bf3351
Do you bring your political opinions to work? None of us get away with that, neither should they. They are there to play hockey and that's it. They can do whatever they want on their own spotlight, on their own twitter. They cannot use the NHL or their hockey team as a spotlight got attention and to bring awareness to whatever woke movement they believe in. You're right, automatic suspension for all.

I just think its hypocritical for them to only allow one political viewpoint to be expressed. There are plenty of people who disagree with the whole BLM thing but they can't use the platform to support Trump or support whatever cause they want. Its one of the many things that pisses me off about the media is they always take the Democrats viewpoint like its common sense and everyone agrees with it.
26 août 2020 à 17 h 30
Banni
Quoting: oneX
It is not a rarity. As person of colour I know what I'm talking about. As long as people think "oh it's a rarity" it's going to exist.

Also as general point about athletes standing up for something by boycotts, they are people just like the average Joe and live in the same world and so they do have the right to boycott if that's what they feel brings attention to the things that matter.

The NHL isn't a stage for individual players woke political beliefs. I'm sorry you had those experiences, but what O'ree and Bolden are doing should be satisfying enough for you. What on God's green earth does kneeling and boycotting do for african americans/canadians other than make people more mad at them?

As a hockey scout and player who as played in many different US states with African American players as well as someone who has a black brother who played in many different US states and Canada as well, I can assure you racism in hockey isn't as common as you might think. In fact, it's pretty rare nowadays. My brother received 1 racist remark in his entire career and the kid who made the statement received a several game suspension.

I don't know what more we can do to help satisfy you. Racism will always exist, it is a part of life whether we like it or not. It isn't as common as it used to be. If you plan to live life racism free then you're in for a lot of disappointment.
26 août 2020 à 17 h 30
Démarrer sujet
RETIRED
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,481
Quoting: Shibbal18
Oh youre a fake intellectual. Bet you I have more experience then you'd be willing to admit. This isnt the place for your cringe politics either

No politics here.
The point of the post was to discuss the chances the NHL has boycotts too. Wasn’t expecting you to fill it with the dumb mess you posted above
oneX a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 17 h 31
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Man, this topic is proof that none of you are ready or able to hold a serious or thoughtful discussion on these issues. Just one appalling post after another.
McRanteskog, oneX et Bflo_Soldier a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 17 h 33
Banni
Quoting: Jesus
I just think its hypocritical for them to only allow one political viewpoint to be expressed. There are plenty of people who disagree with the whole BLM thing but they can't use the platform to support Trump or support whatever cause they want. Its one of the many things that pisses me off about the media is they always take the Democrats viewpoint like its common sense and everyone agrees with it.

Here's my thing, they can support their communities by making hockey a sport everyone can play. Gay, straight, white, black, mexican, handicapped, poor, ect so that everyone can play it, but that's where it needs to stop. If it's got nothing to do with hockey or the NHL they shouldn't butt in to satisfy all the woke people.
26 août 2020 à 17 h 33
Mentions "j'aime": 587
Can't see that happening. In hockey only 26% of players are americans, in the NBA it is probably between 80 and 90%, so it makes sense that they are more interested in what happens in the US.
Shibbal18 a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 17 h 34
Démarrer sujet
RETIRED
Quoting: Gordon_Bombay
Can't see that happening. In hockey only 26% of players are americans, in the NBA it is probably between 80 and 90%, so it makes sense that they are more interested in what happens in the US.

So you think NBA playoffs get postponed and the NHL plays on as if nothing is happening?
26 août 2020 à 17 h 37
Shibbal18
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 9,027
No politics here.
The point of the post was to discuss the chances the NHL has boycotts too. Wasn’t expecting you to fill it with the dumb mess you posted above

I said 0, you asked why
26 août 2020 à 17 h 37
Shibbal18
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 9,027

The NHL is playing exclusively in Canada right now as well
Gordon_Bombay a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 17 h 39
So you think NBA playoffs get postponed and the NHL plays on as if nothing is happening?

I think so. I mean to europeans for example, what happens in Belarus right now or the Ukraine is way more interesting and important than what happens in the US. Those are 30% of players. Then you have a lot of canadians, who I don't know, probably don't care that much either

And also, it would be quite an opportunity for the NHL when there is no basketball to compete with. Probably better TV ratings and more TV money
26 août 2020 à 17 h 45
Banni

Pretty much every NHL player that kneeled to the American flag is Canadian.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 17 h 47
Pretty much every NHL player that kneeled to the American flag is Canadian.

but kneeling is a different thing, isn't it. Some of those teams still in it survived 2 playoff rounds and see themselves very close to a stanley cup.

Can't see them quit that dream.
26 août 2020 à 17 h 58
Démarrer sujet
RETIRED
I think so. I mean to europeans for example, what happens in Belarus right now or the Ukraine is way more interesting and important than what happens in the US. Those are 30% of players. Then you have a lot of canadians, who I don't know, probably don't care that much either

And also, it would be quite an opportunity for the NHL when there is no basketball to compete with. Probably better TV ratings and more TV money

Yikess that’s a pretty awful thing to say. That the NHL will cash in on no basketball to compete with?! Yikess
26 août 2020 à 17 h 58
Banni
but kneeling is a different thing, isn't it. Some of those teams still in it survived 2 playoff rounds and see themselves very close to a stanley cup.

Can't see them quit that dream.

I mean, if they really believe in BLM and social injustice or whatever their wokeselves were crying about then it shouldn't matter how far in the playoffs they are. I'm just sick of politics watering down sports. All these selfish millionaire's using their leagues as a platform for their woke political beliefs and the leagues letting it happen. Don't move of them have like 100k+ followers on twitter? Why isn't their own platform good enough? Do they not get enough attention that way?
26 août 2020 à 18 h 1
Yikess that’s a pretty awful thing to say. That the NHL will cash in on no basketball to compete with?! Yikess

you disagree?

I mean, if they really believe in BLM and social injustice or whatever their wokeselves were crying about then it shouldn't matter how far in the playoffs they are. I'm just sick of politics watering down sports. All these selfish millionaire's using their leagues as a platform for their woke political beliefs and the leagues letting it happen. Don't move of them have like 100k+ followers on twitter? Why isn't their own platform good enough? Do they not get enough attention that way?

Imagine how it is for non-americans.
26 août 2020 à 18 h 1
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192

I'm sorry you're inconvenienced by current events.
McRanteskog et benjgc a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 18 h 10
Banni
you disagree?

Imagine how it is for non-americans.

What do you mean by that?
26 août 2020 à 18 h 22
What do you mean by that?

That as a non-american is weird.

Because I like north amercian sport, but as a european I don't care about the US as a society much. I mean things what happen are bad, but we have our own issues with Belarus etc.
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 18 h 59
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
The Brewers no-showed their game this evening too.
26 août 2020 à 19 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 264
Quoting: oneX
Okay... thanks for assuming that I experienced it "once" man...talk about being out of touch with reality..

Smh...

btw, iv been made fun of by black ppl for being white, the problem is that ppl have changed the meaning of racism so that a black person cant b racist
JRoss a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 19 h 43
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
I'll just say that the fact we're still watching all of this police violence is just ridiculous ... forget about the NBA for a second, how is this still happening?

Absolute garbage ...
27 août 2020 à 11 h 16
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
The NHL making an actual meaningful prosgressive move? I wouldn't hold your breath lol.

By punishing the most loyal fans in the world?
27 août 2020 à 11 h 28
The fact is that the overwhelming majority of Americans of all races support law enforcement. But, you'd never know that based on the media's bias and fake news. The NHL must not become a political entity. They will alienate their fanbase. We need to recognize that we all are entitled to different viewpoints. I respect the NBA's decisions, but I don't agree with their politicization of sports. Sports are supposed to be a haven from politics.
JRoss a aimé ceci.
27 août 2020 à 11 h 30
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'll just say that the fact we're still watching all of this police violence is just ridiculous ... forget about the NBA for a second, how is this still happening?

Absolute garbage ...

What about the riots and looting? Who's speaking out for the store owners in Portland, Minneapolis, and Kenosha?
JRoss a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage