SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Also, please note that we are planning on doing a lottery system for draft picks based on how well the GM performs.

I am not sure if people particularly like this, but we would conduct a lottery in reverse order of the cumulative power rankings and then have a lottery of 1-15.

How does everyone feel about this? The other option is IRL lottery.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 12
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,733
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Quoting: F50marco

What i want to understand is, can GM game Gm's with unsigned RFA's right now sign them to contracts?? (Athanasiou and Anderson)

My vote is no, for this year. We don't have an allotted arbitration period, however, we will next year. My vote is that any team can Offer Sheet an RFA immediately after my vote.

My reason for this is because those teams in real life, didn't file for arbitration. Because teams assumed rosters as of September 15, they are not entitled to an arbitration hearing by the BOE. Had Josh Anderson, for example, field for arbitration, then I would be more inclined to allow the GM go to a hearing.

Wait so IRL Det and CLB can not come out of nowhere decide to sign these guys right now? Are you kidding me? The teams have all the power in these situations Philly. That's why they can play hard ball because they know no Gm will offer sheet and that the options for the player are limited. They haven't been signed IRL yet but In GM game V2, these Gm's will gladly pay the player to sign them now. Why does IRL events post Sept 15th have anything to do with in GM game events post Sept 15th? This has nothing to do with arbitration because both players don't have those rights so whats the problem with a GM game Gm signing these players right now?

Both these players can sign a contract with there respective teams right now if they wanted to yet in GM game they can't? That doesn't make any sense.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 19
Démarrer sujet
I am not preventing GMs from signing their players right now; I am saying that we should allow them to be able to be Offer Sheeted.

I have put up according threads to do this, but it seems ill-advised to allow teams to sign their RFA before the voting ends. Otherwise, its allowing them to go to arbitration.

My vote is that we are to not have a "separate" time for GMs to be able to go to arbitration. My vote is that, if the GM files for arbitration, before an Offer Sheet occurs, then they go to arbitration. If they get Offer Sheeted first, then the home team has a fixed amount of time to sign them.

edit/ Otherwise, its allowing them to go to arbitration....before we finalize a vote.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 19
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,060
As of September 15th these players were not signed. Any team in the league could still offer sheet these players because they had no arbitration rights. The only reason irl offer sheets rarely if ever happen is because GMs are scared about their RFAs when they come up. Imo your point is moot because I would have offere sheeted certain players , is allowed by BoE, immidateoy after the game stert d.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 21
Démarrer sujet
I am using the term "arbitration" because the BOE and the GM have to agree to a set price for the RFA and cannot be signed willy nilly.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 22
OK so these teams can sign there unsigned RFA's right now if they want?

If Gm's were allowed to sign there players all this time then forget what i said. I was under the presumption that GM's are waiting for the BOE to allow them to sign there RFA's. If not and they can sign these guys now and haven't, then yeah I'm all for offer sheets.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 26
I am using the term "arbitration" because the BOE and the GM have to agree to a set price for the RFA and cannot be signed willy nilly.

OK so DD is allowed to offer sheet a player but the GM with the player rights has to wait for the BOE to arbitrate a contract??

If they need to set up a time to do an arbitration hearing, then let them know that BEFORE letting offer sheets happen.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 28
Démarrer sujet

OK so DD is allowed to offer sheet a player but the GM with the player rights has to wait for the BOE to arbitrate a contract??

If they need to set up a time to do an arbitration hearing, then let them know that BEFORE letting offer sheets happen.

No. Once they file for "arbitration", there are no Offer Sheets available.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 32
Banni
These players don't have arbitration rights though, correct?
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 32

So let teams file for arbitration before letting a GM offer sheet a player, no?
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 34
Banni

Even if they were eligible the arbitration period is over is it not? Well before Sept 15?
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 36
Quoting: DirtyDangles

Even if they were eligible the arbitration period is over is it not? Well before Sept 15?

I don't think Philly meant the real arbitartion period. We're talking about a made up arbitration period for in game GM's to have a hearing to sign there RFA's based off what the BOE think is a true value of a player. So that DET can't just sign AA for like 8 years at 1M per, you know.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Arbitration is being defined as having the the GM and the BOE decide on the terms of the RFAs.

Before in v1, we were just allowed to sign them to whatever the hell we wanted.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 38
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Minor correction: Arbitration thread you ended the sentence with BOE and I think you meant RFA.

As for RFA's (IRL) There are 3 possibilities (assuming the player has received a qualifying offer and his team retains his rights):

1. Offer Sheet: Doesn't happen unless the player agrees to sign one.
2. Arbitration: Nullifies an offer sheet, or the possibility of one. (*Technically there is a brief window, but normally this is how it works.)
3. Deadlock: Team and player can't agree and continue negotiating until the deadline for participation in the current season.

We don't have a method of representing the player. The BOE is the practical equivalent for our purposes.
Question 1: Would the player be willing to sign an offer sheet by if presented with the opportunity?
Question 2: What offer would it take from the player's team in order for them to sign a contract for at least the current season?

Remember, arbitration and/or bridge deals are the norm when a team and player can't reach an agreement. Rather than miss a season, both sides will normally agree to a partial raise on a short term (1 year/bridge), and push negotiations off for a year in hopes of agreeing on a long term contract or extension at a later date. This brings the two parties one year closer to arbitration and free agency as well.

Only adding some perspective in order to help you figure something out.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 44
NBABound
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392
I want to sign my 2 RFA guys now.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 45
Im ok with whatever way the BOE want to do it but I think that is really silly to not let in game V2 Gm's not be allowed to sign there RFA's right now if they wanted to (To BOE approved deals of course) before other teams offer sheeting those players. If those Gm's can't come to an agreement with the BOE over the contract, then by all means offer sheet away!

IRL events no longer matter, to my understanding in game GM's want to sign there players now if they allowed to!
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 45
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Side topic: Is it just me or is is v2 retention ending up just as bad as v1?

We've had two good players with 50% retained already. I'm not saying retention on those players couldn't/wouldn't happen in real life, but 50% is extreme for a Pavelski or Duchene. Retention is for when cap just doesn't work or to move for a middling/poor player. Looks like it's only a matter of time before we end up with a bunch of half-priced superstars. Disappointing from a realism perspective.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 48
Quoting: ricochetii

We've had two good players with 50% retained already. I'm not saying retention on those players couldn't/wouldn't happen in real life, but 50% is extreme for a Pavelski or Duchene. Retention is for when cap just doesn't work or to move for a middling/poor player. Looks like it's only a matter of time before we end up with a bunch of half-priced superstars. Disappointing from a realism perspective.

Agreed but this is fantasy at the end of the day, the option is there at the GM's discretion. What I'll have a bigger beef with is if those players are traded again but for peanuts on the dollar so that a team like Pitts in V1 ends up with an all star team with all those players at half price to boot.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 48
NBABound
Quoting: ricochetii

The point of both is that they have 1 or 2 years left on their contracts.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Mr_Cap : wait for now

Rico : it will be accounted for in determining job security and trade ratings, which we are currently doing right now. per the CBA, you can only have 15% of your cap w/ retained money
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 50
NBABound
Esp..to a rebuilding team like the Avs, it shouldnt be a big deal
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Mr_cap

That doesn't change the calculus. The player is not what is being determined or factored in.
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 51
NBABound
Mr_Cap : wait for now

Rico : it will be accounted for in determining job security and trade ratings, which we are currently doing right now. per the CBA, you can only have 15% of your cap w/ retained money

I only have 3.5 retained total
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 52
NBABound

That doesn't change the calculus. The player is not what is being determined or factored in.

Im talkin about the team.. not the player
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 53
Démarrer sujet

Im talkin about the team.. not the player

Still doesn't change the calculus.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage