SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

20 sept. 2017 à 15 h 58
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,692
Quoting: Peterman
Well hold on, then Rick Nash would be trade eligible and that would have changed my strategy. I was under the assumption I was stuck with him

Im not a BOE, I just interpreted it the way shown but I could be wrong.
20 sept. 2017 à 15 h 59
Out
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 65
Well hold on, then Rick Nash would be trade eligible and that would have changed my strategy. I was under the assumption I was stuck with him

I don't think we need to be changing rules whenever a few people feel like it. There should be a moratorium on changing rules that were already agreed upon. Give the current rules time to sink into the game. Like every two months, for instance.
Mr_cap a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2017 à 16 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,880
If the contract has a NMC and a NTC in the same year, the NTC usurps the NMC, strictly in terms of trading. All other NMC (loaning and waivers) still applies.

In the event that they have a NMC in the first 3 years of the contract, a NMC and a NTC in year 4, and a NMC in year 5; the NTC usurps the NMC in year 4 only, since that is the only year that the NMC and the NTC run in conjunction.

In the terms of Rick Nash, he has a NTC and a NMC, in the last 3 years of his 8 year deal. Therefore, he is able to be traded.
20 sept. 2017 à 16 h 35
Quoting: phillyjabroni
If the contract has a NMC and a NTC in the same year, the NTC usurps the NMC, strictly in terms of trading. All other NMC (loaning and waivers) still applies.

In the event that they have a NMC in the first 3 years of the contract, a NMC and a NTC in year 4, and a NMC in year 5; the NTC usurps the NMC in year 4 only, since that is the only year that the NMC and the NTC run in conjunction.

In the terms of Rick Nash, he has a NTC and a NMC, in the last 3 years of his 8 year deal. Therefore, he is able to be traded.

Jesus Christ Philly, I'm not a very smart man! Can we make this whole NMC/NTC thing a little simpler to understand?

I feel like I have to get a lawyer to read this for me.
phillyjabroni et Peterman a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2017 à 16 h 46
Démarrer sujet
No-Movement Clauses : player cannot be traded, placed on waivers, or loaned.
No-Movement Clauses + Modified No-Trade Clause : player cannot be placed on waivers or loaned, so long as both clauses are in the same year.
No-Trade Clauses : player cannot be traded
Modified No-Trade Clauses : player cannot be traded to certain teams; varies by contract.

For example; Rick Nash signed an 8 year deal that included a NMC and a M-NTC. For the first 5 years of that deal, he had a NMC, meaning he couldn't be traded unless he consented to it. In the last 3 years of the deal, he had a NMC and a M-NTC, meaning he can be traded to a 12 team list that he submits, but still cannot be loaned or placed on waivers.

Since the NMC and the M-NTC are in the same year, the M-NTC can be waived, however, the NMC still applies.
20 sept. 2017 à 16 h 56
No-Movement Clauses + Modified No-Trade Clause : player cannot be placed on waivers or loaned, so long as both clauses are in the same year.
Modified No-Trade Clauses : player cannot be traded to certain teams; varies by contract.

For example; Rick Nash signed an 8 year deal that included a NMC and a M-NTC. For the first 5 years of that deal, he had a NMC, meaning he couldn't be traded unless he consented to it. In the last 3 years of the deal, he had a NMC and a M-NTC, meaning he can be traded to a 12 team list that he submits, but still cannot be loaned or placed on waivers.

Since the NMC and the M-NTC are in the same year, the M-NTC can be waived, however, the NMC still applies.

OK that is what I thought.

So based of that, the players who cannot be traded in 2017-2018 are: (This will have to be changed from year to year with contracts being added, modified, etc)

1. Patrick Kane
2. Jonathan Toews
3. Anze Kopitar
4. Evgeni Malkin
5. Jamie Benn
6. Sidney Crosby
7. Corey Perry
8. Henrik Lundqvist
9. Steven Stamkos
10. Claude Giroux
11. Ryan Getzlaf
12. Joe Thornton
14. Victor Hedman
16. Dustin Byfuglien
17. Ryan Suter
18. Zach Parise
20. Sergei Bobrovsky
23. David Krejci
25. Daniel Sedin
26. Henrik Sedin
28. Patrice Bergeron
29. Brent Seabrook
30. Ryan Kesler
31. Mikko Koivu
32. Kevin Shattenkirk
34. Keith Yandle
35. Alexander Radulov
36. Patrick Marleau
37. Brad Marchand
38. David Backes
40. Kyle Okposo
41. Jordan Staal
42. Loui Eriksson
44. Milan Lucic
45. Johnny Boychuk
46. Brandon Dubinsky
47. Ryan Callahan
48. Toby Enstrom
50. Jeff Skinner
51. Marc Staal
53. Duncan Keith
55. Nick Foligno
56. Andrej Sekera
57. Jeff Petry
58. Andrew Ladd
61. Marian Hossa
63. Frans Nielsen
65. Ben Bishop
66. Ryane Clowe
67. Martin Hanzal
69. Artem Anisimov
70. Cam Talbot
72. Kris Russell
73. Zdeno Chara
74. Kevin Bieksa
75. Evgeni Dadonov
76. Patrik Berglund

Any player not in this list that has a NMC/M-NTC type contract can be traded once during this current contract.
20 sept. 2017 à 16 h 58
Out
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 65
I just want to make sure this is the first time we are clarifying the NMC + M-NTC because I don't remember seeing this info anywhere else in the V2 threads, or the of V1 threads I went through.

I mean, it's not like this is terrible because then I CAN trade Nash if I choose.
20 sept. 2017 à 17 h 1
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Here is a Capfriendly sorted list of all players that have an active NMC clause for the current year.
https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/ntc-nmc/2018/caphit/all/all/nmc

There are 19 players on that list that have an active NTC clause for the current year:
Kessel
Nash
Spezza
Letang
Ryan
Rinne
Phaneuf
Price
Johnson (Erik)
Crawford
MA Fleury
Pominville
Tavares
Goligoski
Horton
Clarkson
Filppula
Brodie
Hjalmarsson

From what I have read, the simple explanation is, that of all the players with a NMC, only the 19 listed above are eligible to be traded this season.
phillyjabroni et Peterman a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2017 à 17 h 3
Démarrer sujet
I just want to make sure this is the first time we are clarifying the NMC + M-NTC because I don't remember seeing this info anywhere else in the V2 threads, or the of V1 threads I went through.

I mean, it's not like this is terrible because then I CAN trade Nash if I choose.

Correct, you can trade Rick Nash.

Please note, that it only applies if the NMC and the NTC are in the same year. If they are not in the same year, they whatever stipulation is there is upheld, like explained in the Rick Nash example above.
Peterman a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2017 à 17 h 4
Démarrer sujet
The list that Rico provided is absolute gold.

Good looks
ricochetii a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2017 à 17 h 16
Quoting: ricochetii
Here is a Capfriendly sorted list of all players that have an active NMC clause for the current year.

There are 19 players on that list that have an active NTC clause for the current year:
Kessel
Nash
Spezza
Letang
Ryan
Rinne
Phaneuf
Price
Johnson (Erik)
Crawford
MA Fleury
Pominville
Tavares
Goligoski
Horton
Clarkson
Filppula
Brodie
Hjalmarsson

From what I have read, the simple explanation is, that of all the players with a NMC, only the 19 listed above are eligible to be traded this season.

LOL I mean I literally just listed the same thing but in reverse but whatever thanks for stealing my glory Rico! laugh
PrincessChloe a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2017 à 17 h 20
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: F50marco

Kessel
Nash
Spezza
Letang
Ryan
Rinne
Phaneuf
Price
Johnson (Erik)
Crawford
MA Fleury
Pominville
Tavares
Goligoski
Horton
Clarkson
Filppula
Brodie
Hjalmarsson

LOL I mean I literally just listed the same thing but in reverse but whatever thanks for stealing my glory Rico! laugh

I gave a source and made the list smaller by showing the other side. You were the one that asked for simpler. I did it just for you, so you can take all the credit. grin
20 sept. 2017 à 17 h 23
Démarrer sujet

20 sept. 2017 à 17 h 25

I gave a source and made the list smaller by showing the other side. You were the one that asked for simpler. I did it just for you, so you can take all the credit. grin

You gosh darn right I will! laugh
21 sept. 2017 à 9 h 35
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,060
So about the RFAs...
21 sept. 2017 à 10 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: DirtyDangles
So about the RFAs...

Based on the roster's, which are as of September 15th, non of the aforementioned players (Anderson, Zadorov, or AA) have filed for arbitration. By the CBA, there is no restriction on Offer Sheeting a player. However, the question is now, do GMs have a chance to offer them a contract before everyone else can Offer Sheet them?

I am undecided on the matter for the moment, but I am leaning towards allowing teams to Offer Sheet players.
21 sept. 2017 à 10 h 52
Banni
So about the RFAs...

Based on the roster's, which are as of September 15th, non of the aforementioned players (Anderson, Zadorov, or AA) have filed for arbitration. By the CBA, there is no restriction on Offer Sheeting a player. However, the question is now, do GMs have a chance to offer them a contract before everyone else can Offer Sheet them?

I am undecided on the matter for the moment, but I am leaning towards allowing teams to Offer Sheet players.

Kind of needs to be decided sooner rather than later. I would like to know how my roster gets started if I can get someone.
21 sept. 2017 à 11 h 9
Démarrer sujet
I only make up 1/3 of the votes.

I can contact Jacketsman and Bo53Horvat and get them to vote ASAP
21 sept. 2017 à 11 h 32
Banni

Thanks.
21 sept. 2017 à 12 h 31

I spoke to both guys and they already said they want to sign both players asap also. The IRL GM's are playing hardball with both players but within the game I think its pretty obvious they'll be signed as soon as they are allowed to. Athanasiou was reportedly offered 2X3 which is fair value and a similar deal for Anderson. I don't think both GMs will object to signing that right now.
21 sept. 2017 à 13 h 38
Banni

I spoke to both guys and they already said they want to sign both players asap also. The IRL GM's are playing hardball with both players but within the game I think its pretty obvious they'll be signed as soon as they are allowed to. Athanasiou was reportedly offered 2X3 which is fair value and a similar deal for Anderson. I don't think both GMs will object to signing that right now.

Either we are trying to be like irl or not. Time to make a decision and base the rest of the game off that decision.
21 sept. 2017 à 15 h 9

Either we are trying to be like irl or not. Time to make a decision and base the rest of the game off that decision.

Well it is like real life. In fact pushing for offer sheets is rather not like real life...

Anyways my point in all of this is, can GM's sign their RFA's now or what? If they are allowed then this discussion is over (for now at least). They are waiting for the go ahead to be able to sign players officially.
21 sept. 2017 à 15 h 43
Démarrer sujet
RFA BOE Voting

I vote that GMs can Offer Sheet RFAs as soon as voting commences. Based on the fact that neither player was filed for arbitration, there is nothing preventing a GM from Offer Sheeting them now, in real life, regardless if whether or not they will actually do it.

1-0 for allowing Offer Sheets, immediately after voting commences.
21 sept. 2017 à 15 h 52
RFA BOE Voting

I vote that GMs can Offer Sheet RFAs as soon as voting commences. Based on the fact that neither player was filed for arbitration, there is nothing preventing a GM from Offer Sheeting them now, in real life, regardless if whether or not they will actually do it.

What i want to understand is, can GM game Gm's with unsigned RFA's right now sign them to contracts?? (Athanasiou and Anderson)
21 sept. 2017 à 16 h 1
Démarrer sujet
RFA BOE Voting

What i want to understand is, can GM game Gm's with unsigned RFA's right now sign them to contracts?? (Athanasiou and Anderson)

My vote is no, for this year. We don't have an allotted arbitration period, however, we will next year. My vote is that any team can Offer Sheet an RFA immediately after my vote.

My reason for this is because those teams in real life, didn't file for arbitration. Because teams assumed rosters as of September 15, they are not entitled to an arbitration hearing by the BOE. Had Josh Anderson, for example, field for arbitration, then I would be more inclined to allow the GM go to a hearing.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage