SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

1 interesting prediction for every NHL team in 2017-18:

10 sept. 2017 à 1 h 10
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Advanced stats are just as important as basic stats. It's like saying your brain and heart are important but your liver and kidneys are useless
10 sept. 2017 à 1 h 15
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Hamonic is like, he's a Norris trophy type d-man, right?

AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAUGHT THIS
10 sept. 2017 à 1 h 18
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Quoting: krakowitz

No, I went and did something to go and find moral redemption offline
10 sept. 2017 à 1 h 20
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820

I would never argue with you that Dan Girardi is a piece of garbage on skates. But I will say that Philly has no business being in the playoffs, and a top 10 pick is more realistic than a playoff berth.

Well said

this is like, what? the hundredth time i've heard this?

Quoting: boltscharge17
We can all agree on one thing (except you RAIF).

Islanders won't make the playoffs and will be worse than the Flyers.

End of discussion.

Tanks.

Tell me WHY though ... Hamonic is like, he's a Norris trophy type d-man, right? Losing him was like if they lost JT ... otherwise, they got better, NOT WORSE ...

Quoting: phillyjabroni
Flyers top area of struggle : 5v5 scoring.
Brayden Schenn's top liability : 5v5 (possession and scoring).

Oskar Lindblom will replace Schenn on the PP and we will be able to work Ghost and Provorov and Patrick into it so we don't need to rely on the middle slot to slap a goal in.

I don't believe that Schenn is worthless; he just sucks at 5v5. Personally, I am very pleased with the trade from the Philadelphia perspective and I'm sure St. Louis fans are happy to. I am saying that Schenn has a negative 5v5 value; similar to how Rasmus Ristolianen has a negative 5v5 defensive value (per DTM About Heart).

Steve Yzerman gave up a roster spot and 3M for 2 years for a player, who is identified as a "defensive defensemen" that is in the ZERO percentile in shots suppressed. Yeah, I think that is dumb.

Please ... look at simple stats, advanced stats really don't tell that much.

Leddy is your #1 not Hamonic. Calgary overpaid for a #4 dman. Your team is better with the young additions? Well, Tampa has a healthy team, Ottawa has the Swedish Hockey God known as Erik Karlsson, Toronto have MMN and an actually starter to go with their decent top 4, Rangers are always just there in the playoffs, Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh, Columbus picked up Breadman and have a young team looking to build on last season along with Bob, Carolina have much better and more developed youth, Philly have Provorov, Lindblom, Myers, Patrick instead of Ho Sang, Pulock, Beauvillier, Quennville and Washington are just overall better than Islanders. Not to mention, Boston and Montreal are better than the Islanders.
10 sept. 2017 à 2 h 42
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 163
It's great news Bruin fans, nobody questioned that McAvoy will win the Calder!!!!!!
10 sept. 2017 à 8 h 32
Still a Leafs Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 661
Quoting: PaulDunnill
It's great news Bruin fans, nobody questioned that McAvoy will win the Calder!!!!!!

I've said it from the start
TheTown a aimé ceci.
10 sept. 2017 à 9 h 6
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

Tell me WHY though ... Hamonic is like, he's a Norris trophy type d-man, right? Losing him was like if they lost JT ... otherwise, they got better, NOT WORSE ...

Leddy is your #1 not Hamonic. Calgary overpaid for a #4 dman. Your team is better with the young additions? Well, Tampa has a healthy team, Ottawa has the Swedish Hockey God known as Erik Karlsson, Toronto have MMN and an actually starter to go with their decent top 4, Rangers are always just there in the playoffs, Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh, Columbus picked up Breadman and have a young team looking to build on last season along with Bob, Carolina have much better and more developed youth, Philly have Provorov, Lindblom, Myers, Patrick instead of Ho Sang, Pulock, Beauvillier, Quennville and Washington are just overall better than Islanders. Not to mention, Boston and Montreal are better than the Islanders.

Well said.
10 sept. 2017 à 10 h 9
Philadelphia will not be below 80 points this upcoming season.

I can't even begin to articulate how many things need to go wrong for them this to happen. Last year, everything went wrong. Ghost and Giroux played sub 80% health for more than 3/4 of the games, Voracek looked like Voracek but just had an off-year. Mason was solid, defensive play was below league average (minus the "core" of Provorov, Gudas, and Ghost). And we finished with 88 points. We have now added Nolan Patrick, Oskar Lindblom (better version than Brayden Schenn), Sam Morin and Robert Hagg and possibly Travis Sanheim and with a slim chance Philippe Myers. For Philadelphia to finish worse than last year, then something went wrong.

The Flyers are in the top 3rd in the league in shots generated, we just need to be able to finish. So thats not our issue (shot gen) Our issue is defensive play, which we are resolving on the fly while staying somewhat relevant (relevant being the opposing team can't take us for granite) and our 5v5 scoring. Now that we have players that can have offensive talent that can play with Couturier (our top 5v5 point producer over the last 3 years) we are back in business.

You are asking a lot of unproven rookies and sophomores. Don't get me wrong, your team is trending the right way, just don't think they are quite there yet to get pt/game (80)
10 sept. 2017 à 10 h 13
Flyers will contend for the WC2.

What are you talking about RAIF, those guys are all locks (Morin/Hagg) Patrick and Lindblom would have to screw up in so many ways to not make the team.

Losing Schenn can be thought of as addition by subtraction.

So 4 new guys never played pro hockey are coming in. Who's getting kicked out from Philly, Philly??
10 sept. 2017 à 10 h 15
Flyers will contend for the WC2.

What are you talking about RAIF, those guys are all locks (Morin/Hagg) Patrick and Lindblom would have to screw up in so many ways to not make the team.

Losing Schenn can be thought of as addition by subtraction.

Naaaaaah. Montreal, Ottawa, Carolina, Buffalo and Boston (given Pasta signs) should all be ahead of the Flyers. Flyers young players aren't about to have the impact that the Leafs rookies had in taking a team to the playoffs that had no business being there.

Schenn can't be thought of as addition by subtraction because he's still a lot of goals and points that need to be made up for. I don't give a damn about his 5v5 possession woes, he is a source of offense when scoring is at an all-time low. Losing that isn't "addition by subtraction" like the Rangers losing Dan Girardi is. If he was so worthless, St. Louis wouldn't have given up two first round picks for him. NHL GMs sure as hell know what they're doing more than some people on CapFriendly. We can debate whether or not they make sense, but you can't say that a general manager gave up two first round picks for someone that has a negative impact on a team. They aren't that dumb

More than MOST people on Cap Friendly I'd say
10 sept. 2017 à 10 h 19

I would never argue with you that Dan Girardi is a piece of garbage on skates. But I will say that Philly has no business being in the playoffs, and a top 10 pick is more realistic than a playoff berth.

Well said

End of discussion.

Tanks.

Oskar Lindblom will replace Schenn on the PP and we will be able to work Ghost and Provorov and Patrick into it so we don't need to rely on the middle slot to slap a goal in.

I don't believe that Schenn is worthless; he just sucks at 5v5. Personally, I am very pleased with the trade from the Philadelphia perspective and I'm sure St. Louis fans are happy to. I am saying that Schenn has a negative 5v5 value; similar to how Rasmus Ristolianen has a negative 5v5 defensive value (per DTM About Heart).

Steve Yzerman gave up a roster spot and 3M for 2 years for a player, who is identified as a "defensive defensemen" that is in the ZERO percentile in shots suppressed. Yeah, I think that is dumb.

Ahhh no!! He is not even close!!!
10 sept. 2017 à 10 h 23

haha nope. I read every word he says!!!!! (see my reply above) It's entertainment for me!
10 sept. 2017 à 12 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Guys, my Hamonic norris trophy type d-man thing was not saying i actually think that, i'm just saying that if he isn't (which he isn't), then the Isles have got better, not worse ... it was a joke ... of course i don't think Hamonic is a norris trophy type d-man ... do you get what i mean?

In simple words, it was a joke, i was just saying that losing him doesn't make them worse with the new guys they'll get.
10 sept. 2017 à 12 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pniKHduqK88OAQ5Fb0erJFkULHUy8P3WZ46JZ8F4eTo/edit#

RAIF, if you have time, read some articles on advanced analytics.

I will gladly explain to you in another thread how important advanced analytics are, and why players like Dan Girardi, Conor Sheary, soon-to-be Patrick Maroon are overpayed.

Steve Yzerman said that they use their own advanced stats, and that's why they gave Girardi 3M ... they like his other advanced stats.
10 sept. 2017 à 13 h 0
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pniKHduqK88OAQ5Fb0erJFkULHUy8P3WZ46JZ8F4eTo/edit#

RAIF, if you have time, read some articles on advanced analytics.

I will gladly explain to you in another thread how important advanced analytics are, and why players like Dan Girardi, Conor Sheary, soon-to-be Patrick Maroon are overpayed.

Steve Yzerman said that they use their own advanced stats, and that's why they gave Girardi 3M ... they like his other advanced stats.

They must inverted stats from the analytics community.
Caufzi a aimé ceci.
10 sept. 2017 à 19 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

it's different advanced stats than the ones that most people use.
10 sept. 2017 à 19 h 43

Yeah, and they must value allowing shots to happen...
Pasta88Sauce et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
10 sept. 2017 à 20 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

no they don't, i don't know what stats they use but NHL GMs, especially Steve Yzerman, know what they're doing ...
10 sept. 2017 à 20 h 20

no they don't, i don't know what stats they use but NHL GMs, especially Steve Yzerman, know what they're doing ...

Dan Girardi Shots Suppressed 5v5 per hour (compared to league) : zero, zilch, sip, nada, nil, none.

I can say for a fact that GMs who don't even consider this, even with their own advanced stats, are asinine. I don't know how you can combat this abomination of a defensive defensemen with some proprietary stat.
10 sept. 2017 à 20 h 50
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,933
While I'm not defending the signing of Girardi. I think Stevie Y is proving to be on a of those GMs that favour an "eye ball" test and character on par or higher than statistics. Its why hes managed to make trades like the Bishop deal that nobody gave any credit to at the time but paid off in spades. The fact that Girardi is willing to put his body on the line and block shots is the kind of character that Stevie Y wants around his dressing room. It also explains why he traded Drouin.

Again. Not defending the signing. Just saying that's what it looks like.
11 sept. 2017 à 0 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Dan Girardi Shots Suppressed 5v5 per hour (compared to league) : zero, zilch, sip, nada, nil, none.

I can say for a fact that GMs who don't even consider this, even with their own advanced stats, are asinine. I don't know how you can combat this abomination of a defensive defensemen with some proprietary stat.

Steve Yzerman said they use THEIR OWN advanced stats.

Quoting: Jimmybooboo
While I'm not defending the signing of Girardi. I think Stevie Y is proving to be on a of those GMs that favour an "eye ball" test and character on par or higher than statistics. Its why hes managed to make trades like the Bishop deal that nobody gave any credit to at the time but paid off in spades. The fact that Girardi is willing to put his body on the line and block shots is the kind of character that Stevie Y wants around his dressing room. It also explains why he traded Drouin.

Again. Not defending the signing. Just saying that's what it looks like.

Yzerman is one of the best GMs in the league, almost everyone can agree of that.
11 sept. 2017 à 2 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,933

Yzerman is one of the best GMs in the league, almost everyone can agree of that.

He's done fantastic work up to this point. I think the next few seasons are going to be what decides if he's a truly great GM or not.
11 sept. 2017 à 10 h 33
Below Market Value
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324

Well said

End of discussion.

Tanks.

Hamonic is not a Norris-caliber defenseman. He's a good #3 or even a #2 on a team with shallow D, but he is never going to win the Norris or even be a finalist.
11 sept. 2017 à 10 h 36
Below Market Value
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324

If you think the advanced stats we use are so unreliable, why are you so quick to defend Yzerman's advanced stats? Why are his advanced stats so much better than the ones we use and post here daily?
phillyjabroni a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2017 à 10 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Hamonic is not a Norris-caliber defenseman. He's a good #3 or even a #2 on a team with shallow D, but he is never going to win the Norris or even be a finalist.

read post number 38 ...

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage