SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Carolina Hurricanes signed William Carrier (6 Years / $2,000,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

lun. à 12 h 30
William Carrier has signed a new contract with the Carolina Hurricanes.
Contrat standard
Contrats comparablesCOMPARER CE CONTRAT
SIGNÉ PAR: Eric Tulsky
Durée: 6 ans
Valeur: 12 000 000 $
Statut à l’échéance du contrat: UFA
% Cap Info-bulle: 2,27
Contrat signé avec: Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineHurricanes de la Caroline
Date de signature: 1 juill. 2024

William Carrier a signé un contrat de 6 ans d'une valeur de 12 000 000 $ avec les Hurricanes de la Caroline, le 1 juill. 2024. Le contrat comporte un cap hit de 2 000 000 $.

SAISONClauseCap hitInfo-bulleAAV Info-bulleBonis de performanceInfo-bulleBonis de signatureInfo-bulleSalaire de baseInfo-bulleSalaire totalInfo-bulleSalaire mineuresInfo-bulle
2024-252 000 000 $2 000 000 $0 $0 $2 000 000 $2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
2025-262 000 000 $2 000 000 $0 $0 $2 000 000 $2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
2026-272 000 000 $2 000 000 $0 $0 $2 000 000 $2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
2027-282 000 000 $2 000 000 $0 $0 $2 000 000 $2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
2028-292 000 000 $2 000 000 $0 $0 $2 000 000 $2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
2029-302 000 000 $2 000 000 $0 $0 $2 000 000 $2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
TOTAL12 000 000 $12 000 000 $0 $0 $12 000 000 $12 000 000 $12 000 000 $
Information à confirmer
À CONFIRMER: Contrat basé sur les informations initiales. Une fois les détails confirmés, le contrat sera mis à jour
lun. à 12 h 31
No.1 Nikishin Glazer
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 31
what
AK50 et Missouri a aimé ceci.
lun. à 12 h 31
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,648
Thank god they locked him up for 6 years
Hurricanes_WPG, capfriendlyaccount, Aebexz and 4 others a aimé ceci.
lun. à 12 h 31
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,685
What the hell is happening to my team
AK50, vmark et BigVuVu a aimé ceci.
lun. à 12 h 32
Stovetop
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,138
Damn, seems like the new trend for free agents is just to get as much term as possible
Missouri et fullblowncaniac90 a aimé ceci.
lun. à 12 h 32
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,693
Holy term! The guy will be 30 y.o. soon.
AK50 et Missouri a aimé ceci.
lun. à 12 h 33
back to mediocrity
Rejoint: mars 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 79
FOR FK SAKE. We're gonna miss the playoffs for another 9 straight years
Don Waddell I am sorry for everything I said about you
guess old turtleneck is better than AI GM
vmark a aimé ceci.
lun. à 12 h 33
Goodbye my Friends
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 655
Honestly I don't mind the term that much. Instead of cycling through depth players, just commit to one for a long time. Money's fine for a 3rd/4th line forward
lun. à 12 h 33
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,370
Quoting: jpsnow13
Holy term! The guy will be 30 y.o. soon.

I think the AAV offsets it... at worst they just buyout or trade it later with little cap repercussions
lun. à 12 h 34
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 361
Well, got to admit. It’s a pretty decent contract
lun. à 12 h 41
Goodbye my Friends
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 655
Quoting: JarvisforSelke
I think the AAV offsets it... at worst they just buyout or trade it later with little cap repercussions

Burying the contract in the minors is also a viable option and almost certainly better than a buyout, only counts like 700k against the cap in that case, probably less in a few years with increasing salaries.
JarvisforSelke a aimé ceci.
lun. à 12 h 44
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
Burying the contract in the minors is also a viable option and almost certainly better than a buyout, only counts like 700k against the cap in that case, probably less in a few years with increasing salaries.

Yah and this provides some stability to the bottom-6 with somebody who has a high-upside (for being a bottom-sixer)
Hurricanes_WPG a aimé ceci.
lun. à 12 h 49
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 682
first KK now this.

CAR just loves signing bottom 6ers to forever long deals.

unmovable in the near future.
BigVuVu a aimé ceci.
lun. à 12 h 52
No.1 Nikishin Glazer
Quoting: BigVuVu
FOR FK SAKE. We're gonna miss the playoffs for another 9 straight years
Don Waddell I am sorry for everything I said about you
guess old turtleneck is better than AI GM

They haven't played a single game yet
lun. à 12 h 53
Quoting: kurvaux

This team is gonna be better than most Canes give them credit for... Eric and co. know what they are doing
lun. à 12 h 53
back to mediocrity

we didn't improve. we lost Teuvo, Pesce, Skjei, Guentz, we're gonna lose Necas. We didn't trade / buy KK out. And we didn't sign anyone good. Carrier 6x2 and Eric Robinson cmon. we're gonna miss the playoffs
vmark a aimé ceci.
lun. à 12 h 54
ISLANDERS
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 19
LOL AT CANES
lun. à 13 h 2
Mentions "j'aime": 612
Solid bottom 6 forward who's won a cup. The term seems a bit excessive for a piece that should be replaceable, but not a big risk at that AAV.
vmark a aimé ceci.
lun. à 13 h 11
No.1 Nikishin Glazer
we didn't improve. we lost Teuvo, Pesce, Skjei, Guentz, we're gonna lose Necas. We didn't trade / buy KK out. And we didn't sign anyone good. Carrier 6x2 and Eric Robinson cmon. we're gonna miss the playoffs

I remember the 2021 offseason.

"Why didn't we resign Dougie????"
"Why did we trade Jake Bean????"
"Why did we trade Ned????"
"Why did we sign DeAngelo????"
"The canes are cooked"
"Fire Don"

And then we won the metro and all the people losing their minds forgot about it. I get that emotions run high but this is just how this franchise operates. We have success by thinking outside the box and not doing what everyone expects us to do. People are flipping their **** when we haven't seen the team play a single game.

Everyone was wanted to fire Don in 2021 and now people are doing the same with Tulsky when, it should be said, the season hasn't started. This team made the playoffs in 2019 with 37 year old Justin Williams on our first line, we're not going to collapse into nothing just because we let our aging veterans walk. Patience is a virtue, one that our fanbase lacks, as I've discovered the last 24 hours.
lun. à 13 h 14
back to mediocrity

"The canes are cooked"
"Fire Don"

And then we won the metro and all the people losing their minds forgot about it. I get that emotions run high but this is just how this franchise operates. We have success by thinking outside the box and not doing what everyone expects us to do. People are flipping their **** when we haven't seen the team play a single game.

Everyone was wanted to fire Don in 2021 and now people are doing the same with Tulsky when, it should be said, the season hasn't started. This team made the playoffs in 2019 with 37 year old Justin Williams on our first line, we're not going to collapse into nothing just because we let our aging veterans walk. Patience is a virtue, one that our fanbase lacks, as I've discovered the last 24 hours.

with who are you gonna win? with 9 4th liners in the lineup? with bad starting goalie? with a coach who can't make adjustments?

I don't give a damn about past. Stop living the past. Present and future is what matters and it doesn't look bright. We lost 5 key players already (excluding Necas) and didn't improve
vmark a aimé ceci.
lun. à 14 h 3

"The canes are cooked"
"Fire Don"

Yes… 99% of fans don’t have the patience to see that there are more moves coming. We might take a dip this year, but I think we might be more ready for the playoffs in terms of the style than we’ve ever have been
lun. à 14 h 45
Mentions "j'aime": 612

"The canes are cooked"
"Fire Don"

Thinking that they could let Trocheck go and replace him with Kotkaniemi was a huge blunder that probably cost them at least one playoff series this year, but other than that, they've been very good at avoiding giving out bad contracts to keep their free agents, both restricted and unrestricted (though I think they overreact on some of the RFAs, because I often end up saying, "if they could have signed him for that, they should have kept him"). They've generally been able to find clever ways to replace the guys who leave and figure out which ones don't need to be replaced because they already have somebody in the organization who can step up and take their spots. They still have some more work to do before the puck drops on next season, but I'm not giving up on them yet.
vmark a aimé ceci.
lun. à 16 h 6
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 110
Quoting: Canesfan21_
What the hell is happening to my team

it got unwadelled and tulskified...
lun. à 16 h 9
IG vincemark78

You won't lose Necas you'll get something in a trade... or they circle back and sign him now that the forward depth has settled more. Still have to sign a bunch of RFAs...

Blue line is worse for sure though. Can Morrow/whoever fill some big shoes off the bat?

... is Freddy really the answer in net?
lun. à 16 h 12
IG vincemark78

"The canes are cooked"
"Fire Don"

blowing up the team through FA is a weird look... they failed to sign Guentz, but didn't circle back on guys you def could've matched on.

So was the plan to always let em walk? Seems like they wanted to keep Pesce too...

Glad Slavin stayed but this teams gonna look way different next year with no guarantee of success.

Man they should get rid of KK though I'd say that's the worst deal in the league ATM, outside of the one Wennberg just signed holy sh i t 10M for a BAD CENTER

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage