Tulskys team

Créé par: mskiko
Équipe: 2024-25 Hurricanes de la Caroline
Date de création initiale: 18 juin 2024
Publié: 18 juin 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Jarvis gets the Svech contract
Skjei gets the Orlov contract. Allows Nikishin to come over and play 3LD for a season before getting promoted to 2LD.
CBJ trade is basically Necas for KJ and then Laine retained for KK Kuzy and a 3rd (idea taken from BR open ice proposed trade on twitter). Not sure on value with the retention, might need to add a first for that though.
With our cap situation next year is likely a down year since a lot of young guys will be playing. The new cup window opens when Nikishin comes over and the Orlov and Burns contracts are off the books. Just gotta hope at least 4 of Morrow, Blake, Nadeau, FUS, and Nikishin pan out.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
87 750 000 $
32 000 000 $
22 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
22 750 000 $
27 750 000 $
44 600 000 $
Transactions
CAR
  1. Johnson, Kent [Droits de RFA]
  2. Laine, Patrik (2 700 000 $ retained)
CBJ
  1. Kotkaniemi, Jesperi
  2. Kuznetsov, Evgeny
  3. Necas, Martin [Droits de RFA]
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2388 000 000 $87 980 833 $0 $350 000 $19 167 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 5
9 750 000 $9 750 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, C
RFA
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
AD
RFA
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
918 333 $918 333 $
AG
RFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
RFA
905 833 $905 833 $
AD
RFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 280 000 $5 280 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 3
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 7
916 667 $916 667 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
DD
RFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
G
UFA - 1
810 000 $810 000 $
DG
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 juin à 12 h 41
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 821
yeah that bleacher report trade you based this off of got flamed to the ends of the internet for a reason
SK101, squashmaple, CertifiedAverage and 2 others a aimé ceci.
18 juin à 12 h 46
Démarrer sujet
mattysmokes
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 42
Quoting: BJ_Lover
yeah that bleacher report trade you based this off of got flamed to the ends of the internet for a reason

What do you expect the return to be for an 8.7 million dollar player that has played in only 50% of possible games the last 4 seasons and has also requested a trade?
18 juin à 12 h 49
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 291
Quoting: mskiko
What do you expect the return to be for an 8.7 million dollar player that has played in only 50% of possible games the last 4 seasons and has also requested a trade?

With retention, two years left on his deal and the potential to bounce back in a really big way? More than Kuznetsov and Kotkaniemi, that's for sure.
benjgc a aimé ceci.
18 juin à 12 h 49
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,461

More than two cap dumps. Also you have him retained so he wouldn’t have an 8.7 million cap hit.
benjgc a aimé ceci.
18 juin à 12 h 53
Démarrer sujet
mattysmokes
Quoting: CertifiedAverage
With retention, two years left on his deal and the potential to bounce back in a really big way? More than Kuznetsov and Kotkaniemi, that's for sure.

In my description I added a note saying we probably would need to add a first for the retention. I just couldn't go back and change that once I submitted the trade while making the ACGM.
18 juin à 12 h 53
Démarrer sujet
mattysmokes
Quoting: SK101
More than two cap dumps. Also you have him retained so he wouldn’t have an 8.7 million cap hit.

Donny W loves himself some KK, doubt he sees him as a cap dump.
18 juin à 12 h 57
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,843

What @CertifiedAverage said; but also, KJ's ceiling is as high as Necas', but younger and cheaper. His timeline fits CBJ's much better, so I see no need for CBJ to make a trade for the guy right now.

Kuzy is overpaid, underperforming, and not a presence I want near a young rebuilding club. KK is overpaid, underperforming, but comes with a six-year commitment.

And, as a general rule, you shouldn't trash the player to justify a drop in value, and then slot him on your top-line. Regardless of the specifics of Laine's situation, CBJ know he's not some B6 nobody.

Even adding a first for potential retention, this trade needs work.

Donny W loves himself some KK, doubt he sees him as a cap dump.

I imagine Donny W is looking at the KK contract a lot differently than he did two+ season ago.
18 juin à 13 h 6
Subbanator
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,752
Jarvis gets the Svech contract? That was like 4 years ago and Jarvis has at least been healthy. 8 year term and you're looking at 8 million
18 juin à 13 h 17

with retention, for a 40 goal scorer type of player, certainly not a waiver pickup and a buyout candidate
benjgc a aimé ceci.
18 juin à 13 h 19
Démarrer sujet
mattysmokes
Quoting: dopplsan
What CertifiedAverage said; but also, KJ's ceiling is as high as Necas', but younger and cheaper. His timeline fits CBJ's much better, so I see no need for CBJ to make a trade for the guy right now.

Kuzy is overpaid, underperforming, and not a presence I want near a young rebuilding club. KK is overpaid, underperforming, but comes with a six-year commitment.

And, as a general rule, you shouldn't trash the player to justify a drop in value, and then slot him on your top-line. Regardless of the specifics of Laine's situation, CBJ know he's not some B6 nobody.

Even adding a first for potential retention, this trade needs work.

I imagine Donny W is looking at the KK contract a lot differently than he did two+ season ago.

Appreciate the actual feedback. Necas however would instantly become the most dynamic winger for CBJ and would be very beneficial in Fantilli's develop. Waddell just paid a 3rd round pick for Kuzy with his value at the lowest and was a solid for the canes in the playoffs (different situations between CBJ and CAR obviously so I understand CBJ not needing him).

KK is interesting with his buyout clause. It would give CBJ a chance to basically try him out over the next 2 years to see if anything clicks while they aren't contending. If it works great for them, it not his cap penalty is miniscule.

Wasn't trashing Laine, just pointing out facts that even with retention this acquisition for the canes isn't risk averse.
18 juin à 13 h 21
Démarrer sujet
mattysmokes
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Jarvis gets the Svech contract? That was like 4 years ago and Jarvis has at least been healthy. 8 year term and you're looking at 8 million

Sure an extra 225,000 a year. Svech was healthy though for his ELC and put up better numbers.
18 juin à 13 h 22
Démarrer sujet
mattysmokes
with retention, for a 40 goal scorer type of player, certainly not a waiver pickup and a buyout candidate

You're not gonna like the return should he be traded this off season then and based on reports it seems like both CBJ and him want to move on.
18 juin à 15 h 19
You're not gonna like the return should he be traded this off season then and based on reports it seems like both CBJ and him want to move on.

yeah obviously they want to move on, but that doesn't mean multiple teams won't be interested which could lead to them getting decent value. Just because someone wants out doesn't mean they're worthless
benjgc a aimé ceci.
18 juin à 15 h 43
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,843
Modifié 18 juin à 15 h 55
Appreciate the actual feedback. Necas however would instantly become the most dynamic winger for CBJ and would be very beneficial in Fantilli's develop. Waddell just paid a 3rd round pick for Kuzy with his value at the lowest and was a solid for the canes in the playoffs (different situations between CBJ and CAR obviously so I understand CBJ not needing him).

KK is interesting with his buyout clause. It would give CBJ a chance to basically try him out over the next 2 years to see if anything clicks while they aren't contending. If it works great for them, it not his cap penalty is miniscule.

Wasn't trashing Laine, just pointing out facts that even with retention this acquisition for the canes isn't risk averse.

I don't doubt Necas would be good; but, CBJ made the same mistake two years ago in swinging for Johnny (i.e. happy to have him, but we weren't ready for him), and we've heard the "he'd be great for Player X's development" schpiel from a lot of angles, and it hasn't really bore out in most instances. Frankly, the worse thing you can do as a GM is straddle - it's what Jarmo was guilty of doing for years (i.e. rebuilding while making a lot of ill-timed "win-now" moves).

Waddell did swing a 3rd for Kuzy, and that trade frankly didn't work out. Not sure what confidence is there to make him think third time is the charm, particularly since CAR now seems open to moving on from him already, he'd be going to a worse CBJ team, and it still doesn't address his underlying locker-room issues.

I'm not opposed to KK on the roster, but I really don't think he has the value a lot of CAR fans want to put on him. He really only has one OK season to his resume, and not sure what about him makes someone think that after six seasons in the NHL that he is going click, absent a big change in circumstances. A change-of-scenery can do that, but it's as much of a gamble as any.

And of course - not saying Laine isn't risk-averse; but, even if he didn't become The Guy (TM) that people imagined him to be at 2OA in 2015, he's still been highly productive. I think it requires more gymnastics to argue he'd be a dead-bust than it would to see him as a contributing player on a good team's T6, which every acquiring team will give him the opportunity to be. Even then, it's two seasons on the books, not six.
benjgc a aimé ceci.
18 juin à 16 h 13
Démarrer sujet
mattysmokes
yeah obviously they want to move on, but that doesn't mean multiple teams won't be interested which could lead to them getting decent value. Just because someone wants out doesn't mean they're worthless

What team has 8.7 million in cap space to spend on a guy who has proved over and over the past 5 years he can't stay on the ice? If a team trades for him at his full hit it will be a late meaningless pick or FC (or a project like KK that comes with little risk). Any value you receive will be from retention. I could be wrong and maybe a team close to competing decides to give him a shot over the next 2 years to see if he can help open their window but even that seems extremely risky and not worth giving up assets for, just go for a Guentzel, Toffoli type player in FA.
18 juin à 16 h 27
Démarrer sujet
mattysmokes
Quoting: dopplsan
I don't doubt Necas would be good; but, CBJ made the same mistake two years ago in swinging for Johnny (i.e. happy to have him, but we weren't ready for him), and we've heard the "he'd be great for Player X's development" schpiel from a lot of angles, and it hasn't really bore out in most instances. Frankly, the worse thing you can do as a GM is straddle - it's what Jarmo was guilty of doing for years (i.e. rebuilding while making a lot of ill-timed "win-now" moves).

Waddell did swing a 3rd for Kuzy, and that trade frankly didn't work out. Not sure what confidence is there to make him think third time is the charm, particularly since CAR now seems open to moving on from him already, he'd be going to a worse CBJ team, and it still doesn't address his underlying locker-room issues.

I'm not opposed to KK on the roster, but I really don't think he has the value a lot of CAR fans want to put on him. He really only has one OK season to his resume, and not sure what about him makes someone think that after six seasons in the NHL that he is going click, absent a big change in circumstances. A change-of-scenery can do that, but it's as much of a gamble as any.

And of course - not saying Laine isn't risk-averse; but, even if he didn't become The Guy (TM) that people imagined him to be at 2OA in 2015, he's still been highly productive. I think it requires more gymnastics to argue he'd be a dead-bust than it would to see him as a contributing player on a good team's T6, which every acquiring team will give him the opportunity to be. Even then, it's two seasons on the books, not six.

Yeah the Johnny contract really kills Columbus chances in competing soon which stinks because it basically wastes Fantilli and the other young guys while they have cheap contract years. But with him and Jenner aging and plenty of other young, skilled players like Marchenko, Chinakhov, and Sillinger, maybe they make a push to try to play meaningful games late in the season which Necas will help more with.

Kuzy was solid with us and I think that double ot game against NYR goes differently if he wasn't mysteriously scratched for Comtois (my guess is he broke some team rule or something). He probably makes 0 sense for Columbus but he could also help them make a push to play meaningful games so the young guys can get some experience. Besides that, at his current cap hit and locker room issues his value is close to 0, just wanted to get him off the team in this instance and who better than Don Waddell to give us a favor smile.

KK is a mystery for me. The guy makes some great plays in the neutral zone and entries just seems to have no idea what to do when he gets in dangerous areas. The risk Laine carries has nothing to do with his ability on the ice (besides lack of defensive play which the canes value) but his lack of ability to stay on the ice and having to eat whatever cap hit a team trades him for. You could say just put him on LTIR but then the guy you were banking on to be a top 6 player is out and there is a massive hole in the lineup, the same thing happened with the canes when they picked up Pacioretty.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage