Forums/Armchair-GM

Keeping the rebuild going

Créé par: CTC55
Équipe: 2024-25 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 21 mai 2024
Publié: 31 mai 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Keeping up with the trend of weponizing cap space and using it to the advantage to collect good picks/prospects
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
2850 000 $
2775 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 500 000 $
42 500 000 $
43 000 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Kakko, Kaapo [Droits de RFA]
NYR
  1. Struble, Jayden
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (PIT)
MTL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (MIN)
MIN
  1. Harris, Jordan
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (WPG)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (MTL)
MTL
  1. Campbell, Jack
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2026 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
Campbell gets sent to minoirs
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de MIN
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MIN
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de SJS
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de NJD
Logo de VAN
Logo de MTL
Logo de DET
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 700 000 $72 871 250 $1 022 500 $4 670 000 $14 828 750 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 6
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
835 000 $835 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 3
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
G
UFA - 3
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
DG
RFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
890 000 $890 000 $
G
RFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG/DD
RFA
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DD
RFA
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
812 500 $812 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 2
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
31 mai à 11 h 11
MNBassman
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,660
Shop your puny defensemen elsewhere!
31 mai à 11 h 16
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,146
Quoting: MNBassman
Shop your puny defensemen elsewhere!

I'm actually amazed they found a Habs trade I hate more than the usual Matheson trades. That's impressive.
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
31 mai à 11 h 16
Soggy
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 191
This trade does nothing for the Rangers.
31 mai à 11 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 9
Quoting: JayTea
I'm actually amazed they found a Habs trade I hate more than the usual Matheson trades. That's impressive.

Honestly looking at it again it is lop sided for Habs I thought Wild were closer to 16th pick. Still the logic remains that Wild have little cap spcae and not many D signed and would want a cheaper young option to stop gap the heavy buyout costs they have.

Quoting: GoofyFoFoofy
This trade does nothing for the Rangers.

Gives Rangers cap space and a young solid D and a 2nd rounder that they can use to trade for more help next deadline. What would the Rangers want in a Kakko trade?
31 mai à 11 h 37
Soggy
Quoting: CTC55
Honestly looking at it again it is lop sided for Habs I thought Wild were closer to 16th pick. Still the logic remains that Wild have little cap spcae and not many D signed and would want a cheaper young option to stop gap the heavy buyout costs they have.

Gives Rangers cap space and a young solid D and a 2nd rounder that they can use to trade for more help next deadline. What would the Rangers want in a Kakko trade?

With the cap going up the Rangers don't need the extra 1.5m in cap space from trading Kakko. They're trying to contend so they'd want a good NHL caliber player coming back (preferably a RW but depends on their needs after the moves theyll make), even better if the player is cost effective, if this means that Kakko will have to be packaged with something else then so be it. Without that you're looking at the value of a late 1st to push this over the line, which sure may be an overpay, but you have to account for what the Rangers want here.
31 mai à 11 h 45
Habs_fan
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 168
Habs don't need to take on garbage from the Rangers.
31 mai à 11 h 53
14m in dead cap
Modifié 31 mai à 11 h 59

Not many D signed? lol

Brodin/Faber
Middleton/Spurgeon
Merrill or Chisholm/Bogo

For where they are as a team (not a Cup contender), that’s good enough for next year. They have several D prospects that will need playing time soon, absolutely no reason to trade back to bring in some random dman when you could literally just sign a veteran in free agency for a year or two if you wanted.

There is literally no one on the Habs that the Wild would consider moving pick 13 for outside of Suzuki, Caufield, or Slafkovsky (which obviously are all not available).
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
31 mai à 11 h 54
MNBassman
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,660

The Wild have zero cap issues going forward!
31 mai à 11 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: GoofyFoFoofy
With the cap going up the Rangers don't need the extra 1.5m in cap space from trading Kakko. They're trying to contend so they'd want a good NHL caliber player coming back (preferably a RW but depends on their needs after the moves theyll make), even better if the player is cost effective, if this means that Kakko will have to be packaged with something else then so be it. Without that you're looking at the value of a late 1st to push this over the line, which sure may be an overpay, but you have to account for what the Rangers want here.

Even with the Cap going up currently Rangers have 10.5 mill with 3 RFA to sign, Lindgren, Schneider and Kakko. I expect Ranger would prefer to keep the first 2 mentioned and maybe try to dip into free agent market to improve there forward pool making Kakko expendable.

I do agree that they might pakage him with something to really improve their forwards but I doubt after NYR healthy scratched him in the playoffs a team would be willing to give them top dollar for him
31 mai à 11 h 57
14m in dead cap
Quoting: MNBassman
The Wild have zero cap issues going forward!

That's the other issue that keeps being overstated by people who can't be bothered to spend 30 seconds to look at their page on this site. Good, bad, or indifferent, Guerin extending all those players at the start of last season largely gave them a predictable cap situation this year and they actually have some money to spend if they want.

It's frustrating how willfully ignorant people choose to be on a site that has all the info they need if they just take some time and look. I know reading is hard, but man, it's always f'n Habs and Leafs fans.
MNBassman et Caerii a aimé ceci.
31 mai à 11 h 58
Soggy
Even with the Cap going up currently Rangers have 10.5 mill with 3 RFA to sign, Lindgren, Schneider and Kakko. I expect Ranger would prefer to keep the first 2 mentioned and maybe try to dip into free agent market to improve there forward pool making Kakko expendable.

I do agree that they might pakage him with something to really improve their forwards but I doubt after NYR healthy scratched him in the playoffs a team would be willing to give them top dollar for him

Kakko isn't gonna fetch much of a raise, he'll get like 2.5m. Rangers can easily resign all those RFAs with that 10.5m in space. And if theyre looking to make a big splash in free agency and need to clear room then theyll try to dump Goodrow first, or possibly Trouba. They don't need to trade Kakko.
31 mai à 12 h 6
Démarrer sujet
That's the other issue that keeps being overstated by people who can't be bothered to spend 30 seconds to look at their page on this site. Good, bad, or indifferent, Guerin extending all those players at the start of last season largely gave them a predictable cap situation this year and they actually have some money to spend if they want.

It's frustrating how willfully ignorant people choose to be on a site that has all the info they need if they just take some time and look. I know reading is hard, but man, it's always f'n Habs and Leafs fans.

Dude just trying to make some trades ment no disrespect would have rather had a discussion on what the Wild could have countered with than this. I mentioned cap space this year not next I emmited the mistake that I thought the pick was later than it actually was and that is my bad I thought it was closer to 16th.
31 mai à 12 h 11
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,846
Edmonton declines. They need the cap space, not another cap dump.
PurpleHippo a aimé ceci.
31 mai à 12 h 20
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,725
Dude just trying to make some trades ment no disrespect would have rather had a discussion on what the Wild could have countered with than this. I mentioned cap space this year not next I emmited the mistake that I thought the pick was later than it actually was and that is my bad I thought it was closer to 16th.

There's no counter because they don't want any of your spare defensemen and they're not giving you their 1st.
JayTea a aimé ceci.
31 mai à 12 h 39
14m in dead cap

Assuming by this year you mean 2024/25, they have 19 players signed with $5.9m in caps space which could be more if they move Gus for futures and go with Wallstedt's ELC in his place. Habs don't need a goalie and don't have a player that would match the rumored ask for Rossi which is who the Wild are open to moving. The Wild need a depth dman (probably either Chisholm or a rookie that wins the spot in camp) and a veteran winger (rumor is they want to sign Perron for 1 year) along with some league minimum healthy scratches. None of their needs are things you address with pick 13 (or even pick 16 or 27). There isn't a counter to make.

Again, the Wild's cap situation isn't a problem for the roster they've constructed next year and after that, it gets a little better with the buyouts dropping significantly.
31 mai à 12 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 277
The value in moving Campbell from EDM's POV is to free up cap, otherwise it's more valuable to us to buy him out.
31 mai à 14 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Assuming by this year you mean 2024/25, they have 19 players signed with $5.9m in caps space which could be more if they move Gus for futures and go with Wallstedt's ELC in his place. Habs don't need a goalie and don't have a player that would match the rumored ask for Rossi which is who the Wild are open to moving. The Wild need a depth dman (probably either Chisholm or a rookie that wins the spot in camp) and a veteran winger (rumor is they want to sign Perron for 1 year) along with some league minimum healthy scratches. None of their needs are things you address with pick 13 (or even pick 16 or 27). There isn't a counter to make.

Again, the Wild's cap situation isn't a problem for the roster they've constructed next year and after that, it gets a little better with the buyouts dropping significantly.

Thank you, this is more of what I trying to get out of some of these replies. I understand sometimes the frustration talking with other fan bases but I understand that I don't know more about the Wilds full situation than the actual fans of the team.

Is there any package in your mind that could lead to the Wild trading back in the first round? I just feel Habs could target one of the forwards that could fall, if there isn't a possible option thats fine was just an idea

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage