SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

How far could Demidov fall

How far could Demidov fall

Cuvée de repêchage: 2024
Créé par: NHLfan10506
Publié: 25 mai à 10 h 51
Description
All GMs have their favorite type, league, shape, size...

This mock started as a sorting of players based on GM history and preferences. It was not meant to be something about one Russian winger.

Demidov is an amazing player with a ton skill and a highlight reel as enjoyable as any draft-eligible. But there are some risks these days with drafting players based in Russian and he is a bit undersized (generously listed at 5'11" 180 lbs). And there are GMs that avoid smaller players, or Russians.

So he fell.

(to be clear, I do not predict he will fall far...maybe sixth, eight at furthest). But, most of the early teams don't feel like a good fit or have other needs. There is no obvious team that jumps out early in draft that "well, this ends there" spot.
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Sharks de San Jose-The pick is a forgone conclusion, but it is especially fitting considering Grier played a role in recruiting Celebrini to Boston University. So even if there were a debate between Demidov and Celebrini, Grier takes Macklin.
2Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Hawks first 10 picks last year were: C, C, G, RW, C, RW, C, C, LW, C…they are due a dman. They have Korchinski and Vlassic locking down left side for next decade or so. So the answer is easy.
3Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Verbeek has two drafts under his watch. His picks thus far: 6'2", 6'3", 6'5", 6'2", 6'3", 6'1", 6'3", 6'4", 6'3", 6'2", 6'0", 6'6", 6'0", 6'0", 6'5", 6'2", 6'2" (and only one Russian that was playing out of OHL).
4Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Unknown GM; but CBJ has already built a nice stable of Russian forwards (Chinakhov, Marchenko, Voronkov, and Dolzhenkov) and have only Werenski signed after next year.
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Kent has shown he is willing to draft Russians and smaller players, but would it be a lock that he would take Demidov if he fell? (He didn't even scout Michkov last year).
6Logo de Utah Hockey Club-Armstrong doesn't get enough credit for pulling off something unexpected moves at recent drafts. Last year, he made two surprise picks (Simashev, But) but also previously pulled off some big trades: The Ekman-Larsson cap move with Vancouver in 2021; and trading up from #27 to #11 in 2022. If Demidov were to fall, this is probably where we start looking for trade. But if not, the surprise may be a pick like this one...
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Staois has no known draft history (at least at pro level). We do have an idea about the teams needs...and know Ottawa hasn't had a high pick since 2020 (unless you count Boucher). Would Demidov be too much risk for a first ever choice of new GM?
8Logo de Kraken de Seattle-In his first three years in Carolina, Francis took defensemen with his first selection in 2014, 2015 and 2016 drafts. But in Seattle, he has opted for only forwards in first round thus far. And of eleven picks in first three rounds since he arrived, only two have been spent on D.
9Logo de Flames de Calgary-Conroy has only one draft under his belt, and just six picks. But only one was under 6'2" and none under 6'0". They have a lot of holes to fill (and may end the day with more picks). Conventional wisdom says he goes with familiar choice....but, Conroy has been know to change his mind last minute.
10Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Fitzgerald's drafts have been dman heavy (and favored Europeans), but the common feature has been skating ability. Fitzgerald has also said on record that he wants "long, mobile" dmen, and isn't looking for "more of the same" at forward (smaller, skilled guys).
11Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Only 2 of 13 picks that Adams has made in first two rounds have been dmen (Power, Strbak). And with a young group of forwards like Peterka, Quinn, Benson, Kulich, Ostlund, Rosen, Savoie (and Thompson, Tuch, Cozens)....one has to think they take a dman, particularly one who plays right side. May be bit of a reach, but high floor dmen as any of the 1st rounders.
12Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Briere's second draft, and hard to spot any preferences for league, size, style. But luck may fall into Philly's lap again, and lead to Demidov and Michkov both on Flyers. But does that route check any boxes for Briere? A top-six center is atop their list and if a good one reaches them, how much do they weigh positional need this high?
13Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Guerins picks have emphasized skill at forward; and nuts and bolts defense on blueline (and have tended to be a bit smaller than average). Wearing two hats these days could lead to case for Eiserman. And Kapizov, Yurov could lead some to say Demidov goes here....But would Bill Guerin pass on a player whose style has been compared to....Bill Guerin?
14Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Penguins de PittsburghBU alum going strong
15Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Stevie's drafts are about a D-heavy as anyones, especially in early rounds. He tends to avoid CHL, but did take Danielson last year. His picks can be a little off the board and seem to grab rising prospects a little higher than observers expect. There are a couple of names that qualify (Luchanko...or real darkhorse would be Gabriel Eliasson), but few as much as this choice
16Logo de Blues de St-Louis-In the past decade, Armstrong has drafted 20 dmem. 1 RHD, 19 LHD . And here are the ages of the Blues top-4 this year: 31, 33, 32, 33. This does seem like a logical choice.
17Logo de Capitals de Washington-Because Ovechkin? MacLellan hasn't taken a dman in first round since 2018. And there is one top tier defender left on board.
18Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Islanders de New YorkIts why he traded up, no? Kyle from Chicago likes his USHLers....and this one has been tearing the league up in his backyard.
19Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-McCrimmon seemed to jump through hoops at deadline in order to keep this pick. He had his eye on someone...(draft is also in Vegas)...possibly this player who has been described as edgier, more skilled version of Barbashev. (They will still probably trade him at next deadline).
20Logo de Islanders de New YorkLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayLou doesn't buy green bananas, Lou buys green trees
21Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Sharpshooting, two-way center with size. Sounds like Blake guy.
22Logo de Predators de Nashville-Trotz has only drafted once. Now with Poile training wheels off, he has been open about wanting a top-six center. This may be their last chance if any.
23Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-Treliving takes a higher percentage of players out of CHL than any GM.
24Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Skilled dman seem to be Sakic/MacFarland wheelhouse
25Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Bruins de BostonNew guy up again
26Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Jets de WinnipegThe Xhekaj brothers got nothing on these two
27Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Vacant GM position...computer auto-pick
28Logo de Flames de CalgaryLogo de Canucks de VancouverConroy traded the pick for dman, but later changed his mind, and walked to podium to pick
29Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Oilers d'Edmonton
30Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Panthers de la Floride
31Logo de Stars de Dallas-
32Logo de Rangers de New York-
25 mai à 10 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 9
Useless debate. He's going to Chicago at 2.
25 mai à 11 h 3
SHL NJD GM
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,568
I have a hard time seeing Demidov fall past 5 or 6, I think Montreal might take the risk on Demidov now and Utah showed last year with Simashev, But they aren't scared of the Russians
25 mai à 11 h 7
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,639
i think he gets picked bewteen 4 and 6 but can fall up to 7-9.
25 mai à 11 h 20
Rejoint: janv. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 2,374
If he was there at #7 and we didn't take him I would stop watching hockey lol
25 mai à 12 h 20
ht42
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 743
Quoting: george2001

You should ask many Blackhawks reporters of who will gonna be draft at 2 and the vast majority of them will gonna said Levshunov.
25 mai à 12 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,675
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I have a hard time seeing Demidov fall past 5 or 6, I think Montreal might take the risk on Demidov now and Utah showed last year with Simashev, But they aren't scared of the Russians

Yes, I would agree 5/6 is probably safety net. Maybe even if someone moves up for him.

But hard to find an obvious team in top-6 that would forego other needs to add him. Just seems like all the teams that would covet a smaller skilled winger are picking later in the draft.
25 mai à 12 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: drambui
i think he gets picked bewteen 4 and 6 but can fall up to 7-9.

Sounds right to me.

SJS isn’t taking him
CHi has other needs to address
ANA sounds very unlikely
CBJ (?)
MTL sounds somewhat unlikely

So Utah, Ottawa, Seattle, Calgary range perhaps. Or maybe one of them jumps Utah to grab him at #5.
25 mai à 12 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: george2001

And pass on Levshunov? That would be a surprise, but Hawks fans are more up to speed on Davidsons plans than me.
25 mai à 12 h 52
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 167
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Sounds right to me.

SJS isn’t taking him
ANA sounds very unlikely
CBJ (?)

So Utah, Ottawa, Seattle, Calgary range perhaps. Or maybe one of them jumps Utah to grab him at #5.

Let's go into the rabbit hole. I'll say no. 9 is maximum.

No. 1 is Celebrini.

At no. 2 Blackhawks don't need additional wingers. With Dach in mind I doubt they'll take Lindstrom with his health concerns at no. 2. If they don't trade up they will most probably take D-man. They are high on Dickinson, but it might also be enyone else. Let's say they take Levshunov who is older and shots right.

At no. 3 are Ducks loaded on star forwards and have two interesting guys there. Buium is local guy and Parekh is teammate with Dionicio, Ducks' prospect. With Drysdale's health experience behind and Parekh's slight health concerns and riskier style of play Ducks might select Buium. He also looks NHL/AHL ready, which Parekh isn't.

At no. 4 could Columbus go either direction. They need forwards the most, so big center Lindstrom could be preferred in front of smaller winger Demidov. Their LHD prospects pool is also numerous, but not necessery the best. So let's say Silayev or Dickinson also make sense to them. Sure, Columbus can select Silayev in front of Demidov.

At. no. 5 it could come down to Montreal. Would you rather have Lindstrom or Demidov? I would say they would prefer Lindstrom. They might have the most numerous prospects pool, but are almost empty on centers (Owen Beck?).

At no. 6 is Utah almost empty on RHD (Soderstrom is 23, Lamouroux is 20). I can justify they could select either Parekh or Yakemchuk in front of Demidov. Each of the couple is a 30-goal scorer. These D-men are rare while offensive wingers are common. Sure, Utah selects 6ft3 Yakemcuk.

If at no. 7 Ottawa would have a chance to draft Parekh, would they pass on him? I don't think they would. Again, 30-goal scoring D-men don't come along often. So I say Ottawa selects offensive RHD in front of offensive winger.

At no. 8 Seattle has great forward group in the AHL/juniors. Defense? Not so much, especially LHD. With Evans being at least part-time NHL-er it's more or less just Caden Price. Sure, Seattle takes guaranteed NHL-caliber D-man, Dickinson.

Let's say the order so far is Celebrini, Levshunov, Buium, Silayev, Lindstrom, Yakemchuk, Parekh, Dickinson.

At no. 9 it comes to Calgary to decide between Jerome's son and Demidov. Should I try to justify Calgary should select Iginla in front of Demidov? I give up, Calgary selects Demidov. Jerome is a grown man, he will understand.

So at no. 2 Chicago selects Demidov or... ?
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
25 mai à 13 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Playersoverpayed

No. 1 is Celebrini.

At no. 2 Blackhawks don't need additional wingers. With Dach in mind I doubt they'll take Lindstrom with his health concerns at no. 2. If they don't trade up they will most probably take D-man. They are high on Dickinson, but it might also be enyone else. Let's say they take Levshunov who is older and shots right.

At no. 3 are Ducks loaded on star forwards and have two interesting guys there. Buium is local guy and Parekh is teammate with Dionicio, Ducks' prospect. With Drysdale's health experience behind and Parekh's slight health concerns and riskier style of play Ducks might select Buium. He also looks NHL/AHL ready, which Parekh isn't.

At no. 4 could Columbus go either direction. They need forwards the most, so big center Lindstrom could be preferred in front of smaller winger Demidov. Their LHD prospects pool is also numerous, but not necessery the best. So let's say Silayev or Dickinson also make sense to them. Sure, Columbus can select Silayev in front of Demidov.

At. no. 5 it could come down to Montreal. Would you rather have Lindstrom or Demidov? I would say they would prefer Lindstrom. They might have the most numerous prospects pool, but are almost empty on centers (Owen Beck?).

At no. 6 is Utah almost empty on RHD (Soderstrom is 23, Lamouroux is 20). I can justify they could select either Parekh or Yakemchuk in front of Demidov. Each of the couple is a 30-goal scorer. These D-men are rare while offensive wingers are common. Sure, Utah selects 6ft3 Yakemcuk.

If at no. 7 Ottawa would have a chance to draft Parekh, would they pass on him? I don't think they would. Again, 30-goal scoring D-men don't come along often. So I say Ottawa selects offensive RHD in front of offensive winger.

At no. 8 Seattle has great forward group in the AHL/juniors. Defense? Not so much, especially LHD. With Evans being at least part-time NHL-er it's more or less just Caden Price. Sure, Seattle takes guaranteed NHL-caliber D-man, Dickinson.

Let's say the order so far is Celebrini, Levshunov, Buium, Silayev, Lindstrom, Yakemchuk, Parekh, Dickinson.

At no. 9 it comes to Calgary to decide between Jerome's son and Demidov. Should I try to justify Calgary should select Iginla in front of Demidov? I give up, Calgary selects Demidov. Jerome is a grown man, he will understand.

See? There is no obvious fit at top of draft and many teams would be passing on major needs to take him. For others, I would be uncharacteristic if their general managers.

Taking your scenario a step further…if Calgary takes Tij. I don’t believe NJD would take him. Buffalo is loaded with young wingers. Philly then becomes the question…and it would be wild if PHI gets Michkov at #7 and Demidov at #12.
Playersoverpayed a aimé ceci.
25 mai à 13 h 53
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,214
Quoting: Playersoverpayed

No. 1 is Celebrini.

Excuse me?

All year long, Chicago fans #1 counter argument for Bedard over Faber for the Calder, aside from him being the presumptive winner of said award before the season started, was that he was playing on a island with nobody's and was that productive despite playing with 4th line scrubs.

So, which is it?

Does Chicago need talented wingers next to Bedard? Or are they so good on the wing that they can afford to miss on a potential franchise winger? Whose dynamism is comparable to Patrick Kane.

Michkov is currently considered the best winger prospect in the world, and yet the talking heads are saying that Demidov is a better player with better potential then him.

Hawk fans can't have it both ways. It's one or the other. You either desperately need the winger to pair with Bedard, or you lose the *being on a island alone excuse when it comes to the Calder argument*.

Yes, there is a legitimate argument to be made that if you want a #1RHD, this is the draft to do it. But the one instance you take the winger over the future #1RHD is when that winger has franchise level potential.

Davidson just acquired more draft capital this past week. It would make sense that he's planning on using that to try and move up the board on draft day. IMO, he's planning on taking Demidov at #2 and then try and move back into range to nab himself one of the remaining D with top-pair potential around the #11-14 selection range.
25 mai à 13 h 58
See? There is no obvious fit at top of draft and many teams would be passing on major needs to take him. For others, I would be uncharacteristic if their general managers.

Taking your scenario a step further…if Calgary takes Tij. I don’t believe NJD would take him. Buffalo is loaded with young wingers. Philly then becomes the question…and it would be wild if PHI gets Michkov at #7 and Demidov at #12.

The problem with that, is that Chicago has just as big a need for a franchise winger level talent to pair with Bedard as they do for a future #1RHD.

So I am really not understanding this idea that Demidov isn't a fit for the Hawks. Because he absolutely is.

Given the disparity between finding a almost surefire franchise level wing is actually worse than finding a #1RHD. They should take Demidov over Levshunov, and then move back into range to nab one of the remaining D-men who's left in the 11-15 range.
25 mai à 14 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: RazWild
The problem with that, is that Chicago has just as big a need for a franchise winger level talent to pair with Bedard as they do for a future #1RHD.

Given the disparity between finding a almost surefire franchise level wing is actually worse than finding a #1RHD. They should take Demidov over Levshunov, and then move back into range to nab one of the remaining D-men who's left in the 11-15 range.

Could see that. But do they want a 1st unit with Bedard and Demidov? I am all for littles, but I think they would be better off with Levshunov and one of the middle-1st forwards (Iginla, MBN, Sennecke, Boisvert)
Playersoverpayed et drambui a aimé ceci.
25 mai à 14 h 53
Could see that. But do they want a 1st unit with Bedard and Demidov? I am all for littles, but I think they would be better off with Levshunov and one of the middle-1st forwards (Iginla, MBN, Sennecke, Boisvert)

2025 draft has some really good power forward options with size and top-six potential. I think could go that route then, especially if they can obtain any additional 1st's for next year's draft.

Or look to FA. They'll have both the cap space needed and with Bedard + Demidov, they'll be a Hotspot destination for future FA signings.
25 mai à 17 h 50
Quoting: ht42
You should ask many Blackhawks reporters of who will gonna be draft at 2 and the vast majority of them will gonna said Levshunov.

I am a Hawks fan, that is not true
25 mai à 18 h 58
And pass on Levshunov? That would be a surprise, but Hawks fans are more up to speed on Davidsons plans than me.

At least to me, Levshunov does not look like a #1 D. He looks good at most things but great at nothing. Not the kind of guy you take with the 2nd pick. Demidov's skill is too much to pass up. Hawks do have many small ish forwards but Demidov is clearly BPA and that is what the Hawks' GM said he was going to do
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
25 mai à 21 h 10
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 702
Sounds right to me.

SJS isn’t taking him
ANA sounds very unlikely
CBJ (?)

I think Monteal would take Demidov at 5 to be honest.
Just my opinion.
They need ONE THING: elite offense.
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
26 mai à 1 h 48
Rejoint: mai 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 3
I don't think your choices are too bad, I also don't think demidov is going to fall, especially as far as not even having him on the 1st round. lol. as far as your other choices go, i don't think you have researched some of the players enough yet to determine them going as far down as you have, such as Carter yakemchuk and sam dickenson. Now i will go as far to say that the top 10 players in the first round can go anywhere in the top 10. except celebrini and artyom who are clear top 3 players. but you have some players ranked pretty high also that probably shouldn't be that high like adam jiricek at 17? i will also say that sometimes in the draft players jump into crazy positions that make everyone go whaaaa??? but those are a little far off to agree with that will happen to with how you ranked them, dont you think? after researching every teams roster and what they could use in ths draft from whatever info i know of them, a lot of these teams would benefit from trading up or down for players as well, so i think it is possible some drop further than they are listed to be drafted at only becuase teams aren't in need of those positions. Nice list and thanks for sharing.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage