Forums/Armchair-GM

Columbus fans whats the move

Créé par: sharcuda22
Équipe: 2024-25 Sharks de San Jose
Date de création initiale: 12 mai 2024
Publié: 12 mai 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
In reality I dont think that Jiricek will still be available after all the changes there, but if he was how close is this? I think his value has taken a slight hit due to those two articles that came out mid season, but obviously still a great player.
Transactions
CBJ
  1. Bordeleau, Thomas [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de NJD
Logo de TBL
Logo de VGK
Logo de CHI
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de VGK
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de WPG
Logo de SJS
Logo de NJD
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1387 700 000 $50 447 500 $0 $2 350 000 $37 252 500 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG
RFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
941 667 $941 667 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD, C
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 350 000 $2 350 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
DD
RFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 mai à 10 h 59
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 682
Columbus probs values him at more than this. Bordeleau could turn out to be a second or third line winger if he reaches his potential, but he hasn’t proven himself yet and he is also kind of undersized.

Jiricek hasnt either completely but he’s a right shot dman so I think that alone makes him worth significantly more

I think it’s one of those deals where both sides say no because even San Jose could hard core lose this if jiricek doesn’t pan out
sharcuda22 a aimé ceci.
12 mai à 11 h 8
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,479
What articles are you referring to?
12 mai à 11 h 21
Démarrer sujet
sharcuda22
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 574
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
What articles are you referring to?

The Jiricek interviews from earlier in the year that caused a small uproar. He was frustrated (i think justifiably given Columbus’ defense) about not getting the same opportunities as other high end d prospects like Korchinski. There was a lot of a certain type of hockey fan that was essentially telling Jiricek he needs to put his head down shut up and play. From the outside looking in it appeared to have some discord between staff and Jiricek. Like i said in the description though with new management i feel he will stay.
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
12 mai à 11 h 23
Démarrer sujet
sharcuda22
Quoting: Letsgosharks
Columbus probs values him at more than this. Bordeleau could turn out to be a second or third line winger if he reaches his potential, but he hasn’t proven himself yet and he is also kind of undersized.

Jiricek hasnt either completely but he’s a right shot dman so I think that alone makes him worth significantly more

I think it’s one of those deals where both sides say no because even San Jose could hard core lose this if jiricek doesn’t pan out

I mean in his draft year he was 6 overall, and he hasn’t been a world beater or anything like that. 14+ a good prospect seems like appropriate value for me, but the big hurdle I think is that the staff that was frustrating Jiricek isnt there any more. IDK what Columbus d core is like this yer but i dont think its so clogged again this year which also means he should get his op.
12 mai à 11 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,050
Jiricek is a great potential top D man. CBJ are taking their time with him. They have a log jam at RD but that should be solved this summer. Jiricek will be with the big club this season. The story of him being unhappy is overblown. It is a development thing and a situation of too many NHL D contracts. The trade doesn’t come close but he is also not available for trade in this context.
sharcuda22 et SK101 a aimé ceci.
12 mai à 11 h 37
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 682
Quoting: sharcuda22
I mean in his draft year he was 6 overall, and he hasn’t been a world beater or anything like that. 14+ a good prospect seems like appropriate value for me, but the big hurdle I think is that the staff that was frustrating Jiricek isnt there any more. IDK what Columbus d core is like this yer but i dont think its so clogged again this year which also means he should get his op.

I think since he was 6 overall, and that he is an RD with top pair upside that a middle 6 LW and a 14oa pick just doesn't get it done in my eyes for better or for worse.

we should just use the 14oa pick to draft an RD and pray bordeleau stops teasing us
RecycleShark et sharcuda22 a aimé ceci.
12 mai à 11 h 48
alwaysnextyear
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,600
If CBJ were to move him I'd have to think it would be a 1-for-1 swap of a comparable prospect that's ready to crack an NHL roster.
sharcuda22, CaseyFlyman et SK101 a aimé ceci.
12 mai à 11 h 56
RecycleShark
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 306
Quoting: alwaysnextyear
If CBJ were to move him I'd have to think it would be a 1-for-1 swap of a comparable prospect that's ready to crack an NHL roster.

He's probably their best prospect. When I proposed a Jiricek to the Sharks trade on ACGM, a CBJ fan said they wanted Will Smith for Jiricek. Sound about right?
12 mai à 12 h 2
Démarrer sujet
sharcuda22
Quoting: RecycleShark
He's probably their best prospect. When I proposed a Jiricek to the Sharks trade on ACGM, a CBJ fan said they wanted Will Smith for Jiricek. Sound about right?

Oh no not for me, will smith is a different caliber of prospect imo. Will smith was a higher pick in a much more elite draft.
12 mai à 12 h 15
RecycleShark
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 306
Oh no not for me, will smith is a different caliber of prospect imo. Will smith was a higher pick in a much more elite draft.

Agreed, but I think the CBJ fan's point was that they feel about Jiricek the way that we feel about Will Smith: He's their star of the future and he's not available.
CaseyFlyman et SK101 a aimé ceci.
12 mai à 12 h 17
not a he )
Mentions "j'aime": 4,727
This is a very common genre of posts on this site. Points for being a unique team proposing it, I guess. But no, an undersized B prospect with injury issues and a lesser pick is not a conpelling return for the team’s top prospect.
12 mai à 13 h 31
Démarrer sujet
sharcuda22
Agreed, but I think the CBJ fan's point was that they feel about Jiricek the way that we feel about Will Smith: He's their star of the future and he's not available.

Quoting: squashmaple
This is a very common genre of posts on this site. Points for being a unique team proposing it, I guess. But no, an undersized B prospect with injury issues and a lesser pick is not a conpelling return for the team’s top prospect.

I get how CBJ fans may feel but Jiricek is more on eklund or musty’s level than smiths. For example i have fantili and Jiricek on different tiers. Like Eklund Musty and Jiricek all in the like really great but not super star category. All could jump there tho, and i would rank them from best to worst as Jiricek Eklund Musty.

I get the point, and i know he’s not available. But i do think his stock has fallen marginally though. 14oa is not a bad pick. I also considered edstrom or Thompson but thought bords was more fun because of the Michigan connection
12 mai à 13 h 48
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,990
The Jiricek interviews from earlier in the year that caused a small uproar. He was frustrated (i think justifiably given Columbus’ defense) about not getting the same opportunities as other high end d prospects like Korchinski. There was a lot of a certain type of hockey fan that was essentially telling Jiricek he needs to put his head down shut up and play. From the outside looking in it appeared to have some discord between staff and Jiricek. Like i said in the description though with new management i feel he will stay.

This is pretty much nail on the head for the situation: he was justifiably frustrated, management has changed, and he both got NHL playing time regularly at the end of the season and has gone back to tearing up the AHL in the playoffs. I doubt he'd still want out under new management.

This:
Quoting: alwaysnextyear

And this:

Are both correct. He was #6 on Elite Prospect's Top 100 NHL-Affiliated Prospects at the start of the year, and sure it was a bumpy sophomore slump at times, but there's no reason to think he's not at least still top-20. And given this year's draft class...he may still be a top-20 NHL-affiliated prospect going into next year.

The biggest thing, though, is positional need for Columbus. We have the star center prospect (Fantilli), the middle-6 center prospects (Voronkov, Sillinger) the excellent wing prospects (Johnson, Marchenko), and the strong LD prospect (Mateychuk), and even a couple of starting goalie prospects (Graves, Tarasov, Ivanov). The only RD in the system that looks to have an NHL ceiling is Jiricek, as Ceulemans has been struggling and there's not much beyond that.

So, if we're moving Jiricek...it has to be a similar-ceiling, young, right-shot D-man coming back, or it doesn't make sense. Honestly, I'd only entertain moving him if we land Levshunov, or are trading him straight-up for the 2nd overall pick to get Levshunov. He's the only right-shot D in this draft with Jiricek's ceiling.
sharcuda22 et SK101 a aimé ceci.
12 mai à 14 h 8
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,090
I get how CBJ fans may feel but Jiricek is more on eklund or musty’s level than smiths. For example i have fantili and Jiricek on different tiers. Like Eklund Musty and Jiricek all in the like really great but not super star category. All could jump there tho, and i would rank them from best to worst as Jiricek Eklund Musty.

I get the point, and i know he’s not available. But i do think his stock has fallen marginally though. 14oa is not a bad pick. I also considered edstrom or Thompson but thought bords was more fun because of the Michigan connection

He’s arguably the best defensive prospect in the NHL. He’s much closer to smith if not on the same level than Eklund or musty are to him.
12 mai à 14 h 9
Démarrer sujet
sharcuda22
Quoting: CaseyFlyman
This is pretty much nail on the head for the situation: he was justifiably frustrated, management has changed, and he both got NHL playing time regularly at the end of the season and has gone back to tearing up the AHL in the playoffs. I doubt he'd still want out under new management.

This:

And this:

Are both correct. He was #6 on Elite Prospect's Top 100 NHL-Affiliated Prospects at the start of the year, and sure it was a bumpy sophomore slump at times, but there's no reason to think he's not at least still top-20. And given this year's draft class...he may still be a top-20 NHL-affiliated prospect going into next year.

The biggest thing, though, is positional need for Columbus. We have the star center prospect (Fantilli), the middle-6 center prospects (Voronkov, Sillinger) the excellent wing prospects (Johnson, Marchenko), and the strong LD prospect (Mateychuk), and even a couple of starting goalie prospects (Graves, Tarasov, Ivanov). The only RD in the system that looks to have an NHL ceiling is Jiricek, as Ceulemans has been struggling and there's not much beyond that.

So, if we're moving Jiricek...it has to be a similar-ceiling, young, right-shot D-man coming back, or it doesn't make sense. Honestly, I'd only entertain moving him if we land Levshunov, or are trading him straight-up for the 2nd overall pick to get Levshunov. He's the only right-shot D in this draft with Jiricek's ceiling.

True true, i just thought it was something fun to explore considering the next best thing for the sharks would be to draft his brother. Even in this draft i don’t t know id trade 2 overall for Jiricek. I also wouldnt sleep on Parekh or Buium, although Jiricek obviously has a much much higher floor.
12 mai à 14 h 18
Démarrer sujet
sharcuda22
Quoting: SK101
He’s arguably the best defensive prospect in the NHL. He’s much closer to smith if not on the same level than Eklund or musty are to him

I mean only if you consider a lot of prospects as graduated. And there seems to be a wild difference between elite prospects and the athletic in his ranking. #34 for Athletics u23 list, which undoubtedly has shifted around since it was published with guys like Harley and Jarvis taking giant steps. IMO Jiricek is obviously behind guys like Mintyukov, Harley, Nikishin, Korchinski, Hughes, or even Faber. Still competitive with Simashev, Nemec, Clarke tho. And im in no way being disparaging i think Jiricek is a crazy good prospect.
12 mai à 15 h 17
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,990
True true, i just thought it was something fun to explore considering the next best thing for the sharks would be to draft his brother. Even in this draft i don’t t know id trade 2 overall for Jiricek. I also wouldnt sleep on Parekh or Buium, although Jiricek obviously has a much much higher floor.

Parekh or Buium, or even Silayev, might be on the same level in terms of ceiling. The reason I didn't include them is playstyle and handedness. We're set to have at least 2 offensive-minded, playmaking D-men for a long time with Werenski and Mateychuk, and possibly a 3rd if you include Boqvist.

Drafting undersized offensive D-men that would be the 3rd option on the powerplay and possibly on the left side (Parekh, Buium), or just forcing someone to play on the off-side (Silayev) isn't really a Jiricek replacement. It's not a reason to not draft those people if they're BPA at 4OA, but it is absolutely a reason to hang onto your currently-irreplaceable prospect.
squashmaple et sharcuda22 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage