Date de création initiale: 23 avr. 2024
Publié: 7 mai 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 200 000 $
Transactions
MIN
  1. Marner, Mitchell (5 000 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2026 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Gustavsson, Filip
  2. Rossi, Marco
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (MIN)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de BUF
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de TOR
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de COL
Logo de TOR
Logo de MIN
Logo de TOR
Logo de MIN
Logo de SJS
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 500 000 $86 108 255 $425 000 $2 000 000 $1 391 745 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 2
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
5 903 000 $5 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
C, AG, AD
RFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 6
886 667 $886 667 $ (Bonis de performance475 000 $$475K)
AG
RFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C
RFA - 1
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
DD
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
G
RFA - 1
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DG/DD
RFA
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 mai à 23 h 40
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 213
HORRIBLE
7 mai à 23 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,508
Quoting: WN88
HORRIBLE

Well that was a deep thought. Care to explain your opinion?
7 mai à 23 h 44
Quoting: OutCold13
Well that was a deep thought. Care to explain your opinion?

There's just nothing of value there that would entice the Leafs to give up arguably the most valuable player to their team. It doesn't even address their biggest long-term need in a #1 D-man.
7 mai à 23 h 45
There's just nothing of value there that would entice the Leafs to give up arguably the most valuable player to their team. It doesn't even address their biggest long-term need in a #1 D-man.

I didn't even notice you had them retaining HALF of his cap hit in a year they're supposed to be contending for a Stanley Cup. lol.
7 mai à 23 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13

I will disagree on the lack of value, but if it doesn't address your needs then I need to except that since I don't really know the Leafs.
7 mai à 23 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
I didn't even notice you had them retaining HALF of his cap hit in a year they're supposed to be contending for a Stanley Cup. lol.

Yeah that amount is probably a pipe dream but I imagine other compensation could be worked out to make it work if money was the only problem.
7 mai à 23 h 54
I will disagree on the lack of value, but if it doesn't address your needs then I need to except that since I don't really know the Leafs.

I'm sorry bro, but it's not. Rossi looks like he has a solid future ahead of him; he might even become a point-per-game player (despite being a 5'9 centre). I understand Minnesota had their struggles this season, but at this point, Gus has only recorded 1 good season under his very, very short career so far. And the first-round pick you're giving up will likely be in the 20s.

On the other hand, you're pretty much getting a 100-point winger at a 5 million-dollar cap hit (and I'm assuming that you would only make this trade if Marner agreed to an extension). Not to mention he plays in every single situation, at an elite level. The odds Rossi would ever enter the realm of becoming as good as Marner is incredibly slim. Organizations will tank for years just to have a non-zero chance of acquiring a talent like Marner. The Leafs could sign him for the rest of his career on July 1st. From my perspective, this is giving him up for practically nothing in the bigger picture.
8 mai à 0 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
I'm sorry bro, but it's not. Rossi looks like he has a solid future ahead of him; he might even become a point-per-game player (despite being a 5'9 centre). I understand Minnesota had their struggles this season, but at this point, Gus has only recorded 1 good season under his very, very short career so far. And the first-round pick you're giving up will likely be in the 20s.

On the other hand, you're pretty much getting a 100-point winger at a 5 million-dollar cap hit (and I'm assuming that you would only make this trade if Marner agreed to an extension). Not to mention he plays in every single situation, at an elite level. The odds Rossi would ever enter the realm of becoming as good as Marner is incredibly slim. Organizations will tank for years just to have a non-zero chance of acquiring a talent like Marner. The Leafs could sign him for the rest of his career on July 1st. From my perspective, this is giving him up for practically nothing in the bigger picture.

I am not making the trade under the presumption of a pre signed extension. I have the Wild taking a risk here, so yes it plays into it. Is any one sure what Marner is if he isn't with Matthew's. He is still good no doubt but probably not a 100 point producer in most situations. The rest of your argument I really don't have a rebuttal for other than Friedman saying the Leafs may be willing to lose the Marner trade for the sake of changing the team up.
8 mai à 0 h 3
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,661
No interest in Marner
8 mai à 0 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: Caerii
No interest in Marner

Why, he is awesome. I'm no salary cap guru so it might not work in the future, but maybe. Talent wise you would be nuts not to be interested.
8 mai à 0 h 17
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 161
I don’t mine the value but Toronto is say is looking at defence if they trade Marner. We need someone who’s primed to breakout and be a no. 1 dman.

I think CBJ, Devils, Anaheim and maybe Philly are teams that Toronto more than likely will deal with as they have guys that can turn into a number 1 dman but Minnesota makes sense as a trade partner but we need a number 1 dman
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
8 mai à 0 h 20
I am not making the trade under the presumption of a pre signed extension. I have the Wild taking a risk here, so yes it plays into it. Is any one sure what Marner is if he isn't with Matthew's. He is still good no doubt but probably not a 100 point producer in most situations. The rest of your argument I really don't have a rebuttal for other than Friedman saying the Leafs may be willing to lose the Marner trade for the sake of changing the team up.

I guess that's reasonable under the assumption that you're taking a risk. Perhaps this is a bit far-fetched, but I think, hypothetically, any team Marner would waive for would also likely be a team he'd extend with. I can't really speak on the trade rumours. All I can say is it's incredibly sad to see just how many "fans" and people in the media want to see the destruction of a team.

I've watched just about every game of the Matthews/Nylander/Marner era. I can assure you that Marner would be a 100-point player away from Auston Matthews. I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you could put him with borderline fourth-liners, and he'd still reach that mark. But I'm certain that you could expect at least 90-100 points if you slid him into just about any team's top-6.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
8 mai à 0 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
Out of curiosity, would it interest you if I made the deal Spurgeon and defensive prospect of the Leafs choice (we are probably talking Hunt, O'Rourke, or Lambos plus Rossi. No picks no retention?
8 mai à 0 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
I guess that's reasonable under the assumption that you're taking a risk. Perhaps this is a bit far-fetched, but I think, hypothetically, any team Marner would waive for would also likely be a team he'd extend with. I can't really speak on the trade rumours. All I can say is it's incredibly sad to see just how many "fans" and people in the media want to see the destruction of a team.

I've watched just about every game of the Matthews/Nylander/Marner era. I can assure you that Marner would be a 100-point player away from Auston Matthews. I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you could put him with borderline fourth-liners, and he'd still reach that mark. But I'm certain that you could expect at least 90-100 points if you slid him into just about any team's top-6.

Out of curiosity, would it interest you if I made the deal Spurgeon and defensive prospect of the Leafs choice (we are probably talking Hunt, O'Rourke, or Lambos plus Rossi. No picks no retention?
8 mai à 0 h 54

That would definitely be better. I think I’d prefer Brodin but I can understand why that would be a big no from ur perspective.
If I’m being honest, I’m in the minority of Leafs fans that actually wants to keep Marner. There’s not a whole lot a team could offer that would make me want to give him up in a trade (unless it was a soon-to-be #1 D like Brandt Clarke, Simon Nemec, etc.).
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
8 mai à 0 h 56
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,351
Marner isn't waiving without a new contract in hand. Marner might waive to a very good team (but they don't have cap) , but he needs a good centre so he can another career year to help his next contract
Actually, the concept of the trade is OK. Leafs get some term with Rossi and Gustaffson but with retention it's cap even in 24/25.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
8 mai à 0 h 58
That would definitely be better. I think I’d prefer Brodin but I can understand why that would be a big no from ur perspective.
If I’m being honest, I’m in the minority of Leafs fans that actually wants to keep Marner. There’s not a whole lot a team could offer that would make me want to give him up in a trade (unless it was a soon-to-be #1 D like Brandt Clarke, Simon Nemec, etc.).

But just for fun, would you swap Spurge w/ Brodin if we added McCabe? He’s probably our best d-man and only makes 2 million dollars this upcoming season. A fan-favourite, plays with A TON of bite/physicality, too. Strikes me as someone that would be easy to extend at a reasonable cap hit as well.
8 mai à 1 h 3
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,204

As a fan of the team that signed Johnny Gaudreau: I'm skeptical. Without support, it's too easy for NHL defenses to swarm one player, especially if they're undersized and primarily a playmaker.

Marner is an incredibly valuable player, and Minnesota probably gives you the best potential package just because they're looking for another elite talent to go alongside Boldy/Kaprizov. But the return really comes down to three things:

1) If the Leafs are going to make changes to the core four, he's the one. Matthews and Nylander aren't going anywhere, and Tavares is a $6M player making $11M; you're likely giving him away if you want to get rid of the whole contract. The Leafs wanting to move Marner is the worst kept secret in hockey, so teams are looking to take advantage of that.

2) If you do move Mitch, not many teams can take an $11M cap hit, so you're either retaining or limiting the number of suiters, which would decrease a potential return.

3) Mitch has a full NMC. He's not going to waive that and just say "send me wherever you get the best package", he's going to use that to pick his spot and force Toronto to trade him to one of a select few locations (like when Kaberle was traded, the list was: Boston...and that's it).

If I'm honest, I think Minnesota has to make that pick this year's 1st (13 OA) if they're going to have Toronto retain even ~$3M, but if you get Rossi, Gustavsson, and 13OA...take that and run. A starting-caliber goalie that's only 25 and locked up to a reasonable deal, a potential 2C of the future (which Toronto desperately needs if Tavares regresses), and 13OA? Use the pick, or the extra ~$6.5M in cap space and free agency, to fix the D.
OutCold13, WN88, mnwild17 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 mai à 1 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
But just for fun, would you swap Spurge w/ Brodin if we added McCabe? He’s probably our best d-man and only makes 2 million dollars this upcoming season. A fan-favourite, plays with A TON of bite/physicality, too. Strikes me as someone that would be easy to extend at a reasonable cap hit as well.

I love Brodin like you love Marner, for me it's a no but for most of the world it is probably a yes.
WN88 a aimé ceci.
8 mai à 1 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: CaseyFlyman
As a fan of the team that signed Johnny Gaudreau: I'm skeptical. Without support, it's too easy for NHL defenses to swarm one player, especially if they're undersized and primarily a playmaker.

Marner is an incredibly valuable player, and Minnesota probably gives you the best potential package just because they're looking for another elite talent to go alongside Boldy/Kaprizov. But the return really comes down to three things:

1) If the Leafs are going to make changes to the core four, he's the one. Matthews and Nylander aren't going anywhere, and Tavares is a $6M player making $11M; you're likely giving
1) If the Leafs are going to make changes to the core four, he's the one. Matthews and Nylander aren't going anywhere, and Tavares is a $6M player making $11M; you're likely giving him away if you want to get rid of the whole contract. The Leafs wanting to move Marner is the worst kept secret in hockey, so teams are looking to take advantage of that.

2) If you do move Mitch, not many teams can take an $11M cap hit, so you're either retaining or limiting the number of suiters, which would decrease a potential return.

3) Mitch has a full NMC. He's not going to waive that and just say "send me wherever you get the best package", he's going to use that to pick his spot and force Toronto to trade him to one of a select few locations (like when Kaberle was traded, the list was: Boston...and that's it).

If I'm honest, I think Minnesota has to make that pick this year's 1st (13 OA) if they're going to have Toronto retain even ~$3M, but if you get Rossi, Gustavsson, and 13OA...take that and run. A starting-caliber goalie that's only 25 and locked up to a reasonable deal, a potential 2C of the future (which Toronto desperately needs if Tavares regresses), and 13OA? Use the pick, or the extra ~$6.5M in cap space and free agency, to fix the D.

This is well said and smart.
CaseyFlyman, mnwild17 et iAce a aimé ceci.
8 mai à 1 h 11
Quoting: CaseyFlyman

D can be addressed regardless if we decide to keep Marner or not.

I find that all these Marner trades emphasize the idea that just freeing up 11 million is worth getting rid of him or provides some certain value. Any player in the NHL can be overpaid. The same way Marner can , at times, not live up to 11 million dollars. So I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do with this extra “6.5 million” in ur hypothetical.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
8 mai à 1 h 12

I find that all these Marner trades emphasize the idea that just freeing up 11 million is worth getting rid of him or provides some certain value. Any player in the NHL can be overpaid. The same way Marner can , at times, not live up to 11 million dollars. So I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do with this extra “6.5 million” in ur hypothetical.

However, I will admit that there can be concerns with Marners game when he’s completely Removed from talent. Playoffs have shown that he does need time/space to do his thing. I do think, though, teams that acquire him understand this, but also realize that the potential in having him with elite finishers is immense.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
8 mai à 1 h 22
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,204

Hypothetically I'm looking at it like (I did my quick math wrong initially):

Option 1: Marner ($10.9M)

Option 2: Rossi, Gustavsson, 13 OA (which is likely traded for help), ~$3M retained on Marner + 3.289M in cap space. Montour seems like an obvious target for Toronto, and you'd have the cap to sign him.

I'm just saying, this addresses 3-4 areas of need with quality NHL players that have serious upside, at the expense of a winger who seems to be a universal trade target. I'd at least consider it for Toronto.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
8 mai à 9 h 53
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 70
HORRIBLE

You aren't getting much for Mitch, lets be honest. He's shown to fade in the playoffs, he is going to want a raise and a team has to extend him before he even plays a game otherwise he could walk. I've listened to the SDPN a ton and they all agree you would be glad to get out of that contract. I'm not saying you get future considerations, but you aren't getting a Faber, Rossi and a 1st for him. And the teams that can afford to acquire him aren't going to give up their futures for him. I don't even want him on the Wild period, let alone giving up Faber, Rossi and 1sts that you are thinking. We have our own players that haven't shown up in the playoffs we don't need to add to the list.
OutCold13 et RazWild a aimé ceci.
8 mai à 12 h 12
Quoting: iAce
You aren't getting much for Mitch, lets be honest. He's shown to fade in the playoffs, he is going to want a raise and a team has to extend him before he even plays a game otherwise he could walk. I've listened to the SDPN a ton and they all agree you would be glad to get out of that contract. I'm not saying you get future considerations, but you aren't getting a Faber, Rossi and a 1st for him. And the teams that can afford to acquire him aren't going to give up their futures for him. I don't even want him on the Wild period, let alone giving up Faber, Rossi and 1sts that you are thinking. We have our own players that haven't shown up in the playoffs we don't need to add to the list.

I don’t listen to the SDPN, so not sure what points they made. If you feel that it’s not worth it to acquire Marner, that’s fine and I totally respect that opinion from other fans. But there’s this ongoing notion among the fanbase that the Leafs would benefit from simply having the extra cap space involved in the trade. I personally think that idea is ridiculous. There’s ZERO guarantee that any of the money used from Marners contract will be used on players that will live up to their own contracts. The leaf fanbase doesn’t seem to understand that a 4 million dollar player could be overpaid, too. Like, look at a player like Ben Chiarot, Erik Gudbransom, John Klingberg. Those guys combined probably make more than Marner.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage