Forums/Armchair-GM

Marner deal that can work

Créé par: jonh514
Équipe: 2024-25 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 6 mai 2024
Publié: 6 mai 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Habs fan here, and one who's in the minority who want to add Marner.

One of the biggest blockers to a Marner deal, which was pointed out to me in a previous post by a Leafs fan, is the inability to extend Marner ahead of the 2024 draft, making a sign & trade impossible.

The goal of this post is to figure out a sign & trade Marner deal that can work without including 2024 picks.
Transactions
MTL
  1. Marner, Mitchell
Détails additionnels:
7 x 11 extension
TOR
  1. Mesar, Filip
  2. Struble, Jayden
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (MTL)
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2026 (MTL)
Détails additionnels:
2025 & 2026 picks are each top 3 protected as both of those drafts have incredible top 3 talent
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de WPG
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MIN
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de SJS
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de WSH
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de MTL
Logo de NJD
Logo de VAN
Logo de MTL
Logo de DET
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2087 500 000 $78 989 250 $1 022 500 $4 670 000 $8 510 750 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 6
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
812 500 $812 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
G
UFA - 3
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 1
890 000 $890 000 $
G
RFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
DG
RFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 2
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
6 mai à 7 h 54
Bee
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 139
Modifié 6 mai à 10 h 4
--
6 mai à 7 h 57
Rejoint: août 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 15
We don't want marner..... he doesn't know how to win and thats not the player Kent Hughes target
6 mai à 7 h 58
Sennecke is a gem
Rejoint: sept. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,369
Quoting: Bee
As a leafs fan no.
For Marner we'd take Suzuki and mathanson or hutson

You’re def not getting Suzuki for Marner. MTL probably don’t even want Marner, but Matheson and picks seems more possible
habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
6 mai à 8 h 3
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,133
As a leafs fan no.

Ridiculous...
6 mai à 8 h 15
Le patriote
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,437
As a dire and hard Habs fan, it's a huge NOPE. We do not need losers and cry babies. We had Hoffman it was enough.
BorisBagel a aimé ceci.
6 mai à 8 h 16
Le patriote
As a leafs fan no.

Delusional Leafs fans. Keep your losers!
6 mai à 8 h 18
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: Antorche
We don't want marner..... he doesn't know how to win and thats not the player Kent Hughes target

Habs don't have a forward like Marner. Not every player is a Sam Bennett of Matthew Tkachuk on the Panthers. You need a mix.

We seem to be following the Rangers rebuild model, and Marner is like Panarin. No he will never be a physical player, but if Zuke, Slaf, Dach, Newhook and others are, having one Marner or Caufield per line is not an issue.

The issue is having 2 or even 3 forwards on your lines who are timid when it comes to initiating contact.

Having 3 Brady Tkachuks on one line with no Tim Stutzles doesn't work either...
6 mai à 8 h 24
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: habitantlecolon
As a dire and hard Habs fan, it's a huge NOPE. We do not need losers and cry babies. We had Hoffman it was enough.

This Habs homer thing is frustrating at times. He is nothing like Hoffman. Hoffman was one of the worst defensive players every year. Marner is one of the best. He does it like Caufield is learning to do it, with an active stick and excellent skating.

Marner distributes the puck, Hoffman did not.
Marner creates offensive opportunities with his skating and vision, Hoffman would stand still and wait for the puck.
Marner is a leader on the penalty kill, Hoffman never sniffed a penalty kill until he played for a desperately injured Montreal team.
Marner is a PPG player in the playoffs.

This Marner hate is irrational and makes Habs fans look petty.
westcoasthabslifer a aimé ceci.
6 mai à 8 h 29
Le patriote
Quoting: jonh514
This Habs homer thing is frustrating at times. He is nothing like Hoffman. Hoffman was one of the worst defensive players every year. Marner is one of the best. He does it like Caufield is learning to do it, with an active stick and excellent skating.

Marner distributes the puck, Hoffman did not.
Marner creates offensive opportunities with his skating and vision, Hoffman would stand still and wait for the puck.
Marner is a leader on the penalty kill, Hoffman never sniffed a penalty kill until he played for a desperately injured Montreal team.
Marner is a PPG player in the playoffs.

This Marner hate is irrational and makes Habs fans look petty.

Jo, i'm talking about his attitude, not his game. He's a loser and we do not need that. He's good and even elite, but completely immature and nowhere near to being able to understand how to face adversity. Caufield and Suzuki hate that kind of personality, we do not need more drama.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
6 mai à 8 h 37
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Jo, i'm talking about his attitude, not his game. He's a loser and we do not need that. He's good and even elite, but completely immature and nowhere near to being able to understand how to face adversity. Caufield and Suzuki hate that kind of personality, we do not need more drama.

Ok. So now that we agree he is Elite, let's discuss his "bad attitude".

He does not like to hit or get hit. It doesn't mean he never does it, but it's a weakness in his game. At the same time, that will contribute to him having a longer NHL career as the NHL can be brutal on a player's body, and if you are going to refuse to have him on your team for that that's fine, but then you also need to tell me where you are planning to trade Caufield & Hutson.

As for him complaining on the bench... Patrick Roy complained once too about his usage and got traded to the Avs... Was that a good reason to not have Patrick wearing the Saint Flannelle?
6 mai à 8 h 43
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM

I want to add: the only Habs players in recent memory who had Marner's skill, are Suzuki, Drouin, and Kovalev.

The real loser was Jo Drouin who didn't have what it took to be as good as Marner. Marner would be what we hoped to be getting in Drouin. And he always delivers the goods.
6 mai à 8 h 58
TommyBPickles
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 29
I'm not against acquiring marner although he is not at the top of my list either and it's hard to imagine it working here. What I do think is insane is giving the scrub and raise. My max offer for him would be 9 per year and if he doesn't like it he can go play in Utah.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
6 mai à 8 h 59
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: TommyBPickles
I'm not against acquiring marner although he is not at the top of my list either and it's hard to imagine it working here. What I do think is insane is giving the scrub and raise. My max offer for him would be 9 per year and if he doesn't like it he can go play in Utah.

I think that's a fair perspective. If he wants to win in Montreal he should endeavor to take less like everyone else.
6 mai à 9 h 8
Rejoint: nov. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 45
Would you do Marner for Guhle and a 1st?
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
6 mai à 9 h 21
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 43
Keep your baby crying marner

Is a looser good in season but ass when is important
Keep this and continue to make laughing of you TORONTO
6 mai à 9 h 34
Yall gotta Chill
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 193
Modifié 6 mai à 9 h 41
Quoting: Antorche

Maybe not for that price of giving up two 1st round picks (top 10 - says top 3 protected, but even then), but if they accept to flip Habs picks for WIN 1st, and CAL 1st add Barron to that mix and someone like either Anderson (no retention) or Armia (50% retention) or Dvorak (50% retention) and suddenly Toronto has an NHL ready Defenseman, plus a good project in Barron that can play but would need a bit more coaching on his defensive side, they also get an NHL ready forward with less cap hit and either a guy who needs to redeem himself and will play hard (Anderson), or two guys that want another contract so they'll play to win and are also good on the defensive side which Toronto badly needs.

Marner knows how to win, he knows how to score and play. Habs need a scorer badly, he responds to that need. He's still in the + and is able to pass the puck. So either him or Nylander, and I'd go for it.

You can't judge a player like that and say he doesn't know how to win.. His team has a bad defense, very bad and it's because their GM's have no vision and gambled most of the cap on four forwards instead of ensuring they have at least two top 4 defensemen to play with two top 3 forwards that can bring up other players around them.

You can bank on 3rd liners on the first line when you have Matthews, Nylander and Tavares there to put it in or pass it to you. But if you have no one to protect the goalie, it becomes a problem.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
6 mai à 10 h 20
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: WhoCares_ItsAFantasyGame
Maybe not for that price of giving up two 1st round picks (top 10 - says top 3 protected, but even then), but if they accept to flip Habs picks for WIN 1st, and CAL 1st add Barron to that mix and someone like either Anderson (no retention) or Armia (50% retention) or Dvorak (50% retention) and suddenly Toronto has an NHL ready Defenseman, plus a good project in Barron that can play but would need a bit more coaching on his defensive side, they also get an NHL ready forward with less cap hit and either a guy who needs to redeem himself and will play hard (Anderson), or two guys that want another contract so they'll play to win and are also good on the defensive side which Toronto badly needs.

Marner knows how to win, he knows how to score and play. Habs need a scorer badly, he responds to that need. He's still in the + and is able to pass the puck. So either him or Nylander, and I'd go for it.

You can't judge a player like that and say he doesn't know how to win.. His team has a bad defense, very bad and it's because their GM's have no vision and gambled most of the cap on four forwards instead of ensuring they have at least two top 4 defensemen to play with two top 3 forwards that can bring up other players around them.

You can bank on 3rd liners on the first line when you have Matthews, Nylander and Tavares there to put it in or pass it to you. But if you have no one to protect the goalie, it becomes a problem.

Exactly. Laying this at Marner's feet is a joke.
6 mai à 10 h 22
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: DeclanLovesHockey
Would you do Marner for Guhle and a 1st?

Yes. The 2026 1st top 5 protected. Guhle is a sure thing just like Marner, so you get less.

FYI - I would do it, but 99% of Habs fans would not.
6 mai à 11 h 4
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: Obus777
Keep your baby crying marner

Is a looser good in season but ass when is important
Keep this and continue to make laughing of you TORONTO

This is the kind of comment I was talking about when I said irrational hate makes Habs fans look petty.
6 mai à 11 h 32
Habs_fan
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 164
Hell no
Not the type of player Habs want or need
6 mai à 12 h 1
Rejoint: nov. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 45
Yes. The 2026 1st top 5 protected. Guhle is a sure thing just like Marner, so you get less.

FYI - I would do it, but 99% of Habs fans would not.

I mean if your 2026 1st is in the top 5 something has gone horribly horribly wrong lol - would rather have the 2025 pick with top 5 protection though
6 mai à 12 h 38
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: DeclanLovesHockey
I mean if your 2026 1st is in the top 5 something has gone horribly horribly wrong lol - would rather have the 2025 pick with top 5 protection though

So would I squinty smile !
DeclanLovesHockey a aimé ceci.
6 mai à 12 h 39
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: p1015983
Hell no
Not the type of player Habs want or need

A 90+ point forward in the regular season and PPG player in the playoffs... Yeah, why would we want that?!
6 mai à 14 h 58
Yall gotta Chill
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 193
This is the kind of comment I was talking about when I said irrational hate makes Habs fans look petty.

Yep.. No value to any discussion... Hate this type of comment, just throwing insults and the person can't play on a fifth line of a garage league.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage