Forums/Armchair-GM

I have THE trade

Créé par: Theo_nollaf
Équipe: 2024-25 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 30 avr. 2024
Publié: 30 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
When Round 1 ends (hopefully not tonight), the Leafs will be searching for answers. Mitch is everyone's whooping boy right now, and for the most part, it's deserved. His time in Toronto is over, along with Sheldon Keefe and Brendan Shanahan. When he does get moved, though, I think people have to be comfortable getting way less than expected; he's in the last year of an expensive deal and has clear flaws, ones that every fan and media member has pointed out over the last week. Here's the three way trade I cooked up to reset things in the 6, and the following moves:

-This trade starts with New Jersey, who have an extremely desirable D-core. They are not a logical partner to trade with, but it works in a three-teamer. Nashville has to decide on Saros, and even if Askarov is not fully ready, the time to move is now. New Jersey needs goaltending and they have top-four defencemen to spare. Toronto needs a building block and partner for Reilly. Nashville receives Marner, who they work to transition to being a center and give an extension to. New Jersey receives Timothy Liljegren and Juuse Saros, who they promptly extend. Toronto receives John Marino, A second-rounder from Nashville, and a second-rounder from New Jersey.

-With their newfound cap space, the Leafs splurge to retool the D-core, with Lyubushkin, and Roy. We know Lybushkin works in Toronto and Roy will be a great fit doing what TJ Brodie did for the past 4 years.

-Leafs also spring for a versatile centreman in Sean Monahan, who they plan to replace JT over time. In the meantime, Monahan can play 3c and move up on the wing when needed.

-Koorpisalo. Ok, I get it looks bad but it's worked for the Leafs before and it may again. The cap hit is not absurd if he bounces back to what he's been, and if not he is a fine backup for Woll. The Sens really need off that contract anyway and the Leafs do not need Kampf when they have Holmberg, Minten, and Dewar.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 250 000 $
21 650 000 $
1825 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
43 750 000 $
12 000 000 $
55 500 000 $
45 750 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Saros, Juuse
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (WPG)
TOR
  1. Korpisalo, Joonas
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (DET)
TOR
  1. Marino, John
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (WPG)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de DET
Logo de TOR
Logo de NSH
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2387 700 000 $84 666 667 $0 $0 $3 033 333 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
13 250 000 $13 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
11 500 000 $11 500 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 8
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
AG, AD
RFA
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, C
RFA
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
UFA
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
UFA
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
875 000 $875 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
AG, AD
RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 avr. à 16 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,285
No thanks on Marner.
30 avr. à 17 h 10
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,110
I'd rather have Kampf, and then enough cap for a UFA goalie than Korpasalo for three years. But I like thought of your trades, but can't see Marner waiving.
30 avr. à 17 h 15
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,273
Lijegren and Saros for Marino and a 2nd?
Sold.
30 avr. à 17 h 42
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,759
Merry Fitzmas to you too!
30 avr. à 17 h 54
Rest is a weapon
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 337
sens accept
30 avr. à 18 h 5
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,952
I have no horse in this race, but this doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. Props to you for that, and for getting creative.

If Nashville does want to move Saros, I could see Toronto making a Marner-Saros swap (with picks/prospects to adjust). Woll is a great backup to the first true 1A goalie Toronto has had in a while. Entirely dependent on Nashville wanting Marner, though, but I could see a team 10th in GF/G, 16th on PP%, and with a RW depth of Nyquist, Beau, Evangelista, and Smith being interested in an upgrade.
Theo_nollaf a aimé ceci.
30 avr. à 18 h 11
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,047
enjoy Korpi 👍
30 avr. à 19 h 21
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 480
Quoting: gmgb
No thanks on Marner.

On way it works in my head for NSH is if Marner agrees to sign an identical deal to Forsberg, which I doubt happens.
gmgb a aimé ceci.
30 avr. à 19 h 48
Quoting: AEcho
On way it works in my head for NSH is if Marner agrees to sign an identical deal to Forsberg, which I doubt happens.

Yeah, I don't think Marner taking a pay cut is very likely. Even getting him to re-sign for what he currently makes seems like a pipe dream.

Quoting: CaseyFlyman
I have no horse in this race, but this doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. Props to you for that, and for getting creative.

If Nashville does want to move Saros, I could see Toronto making a Marner-Saros swap (with picks/prospects to adjust). Woll is a great backup to the first true 1A goalie Toronto has had in a while. Entirely dependent on Nashville wanting Marner, though, but I could see a team 10th in GF/G, 16th on PP%, and with a RW depth of Nyquist, Beau, Evangelista, and Smith being interested in an upgrade.

If NSH wanted to go all in for next season, and saw Marner as the rental they needed to do that, it doesn't make sense for them to trade Saros for him. As talented as Askarov is, he just doesn't have the NHL experience yet to be the guy you bank on in that scenario.

Trading for Marner and re-signing him doesn't make a lot of sense for NSH either. RW isn't a big enough need. Nyquist was a top 40 scorer this year, for a fraction of what Marner makes. Evangelista is coming into his own as a top six RW. There's great depth at the position coming up too (Kemell, Tomasino, Wood, Kiiskinen). NSH has bigger needs that Marner doesn't address.

Even if NSH did want to add a top line RW, meeting whatever price TOR wants for Marner wouldn't be my first move. I'd look at signing a UFA like Reinhart first. He's a better goal scorer, could come at a lower cap hit, and wouldn't cost any assets.
30 avr. à 20 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Barzals skateblade
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 61
Yeah, I don't think Marner taking a pay cut is very likely. Even getting him to re-sign for what he currently makes seems like a pipe dream.

If NSH wanted to go all in for next season, and saw Marner as the rental they needed to do that, it doesn't make sense for them to trade Saros for him. As talented as Askarov is, he just doesn't have the NHL experience yet to be the guy you bank on in that scenario.

Trading for Marner and re-signing him doesn't make a lot of sense for NSH either. RW isn't a big enough need. Nyquist was a top 40 scorer this year, for a fraction of what Marner makes. Evangelista is coming into his own as a top six RW. There's great depth at the position coming up too (Kemell, Tomasino, Wood, Kiiskinen). NSH has bigger needs that Marner doesn't address.

Even if NSH did want to add a top line RW, meeting whatever price TOR wants for Marner wouldn't be my first move. I'd look at signing a UFA like Reinhart first. He's a better goal scorer, could come at a lower cap hit, and wouldn't cost any assets.

Agreed, and I appreciate the thoroughness. A big part of any Marner sign and trade to me would be a team trying to use him at center. He’s has the skill, size and smarts, it’s just a matter of taking the time for the transition. Toronto never needed it, but in Nashville he could make sense down the middle. If not, I absolutely agree that the Predators should come nowhere near this considering their depth at RW.
gmgb a aimé ceci.
30 avr. à 21 h 49
Quoting: Theo_nollaf
Agreed, and I appreciate the thoroughness. A big part of any Marner sign and trade to me would be a team trying to use him at center. He’s has the skill, size and smarts, it’s just a matter of taking the time for the transition. Toronto never needed it, but in Nashville he could make sense down the middle. If not, I absolutely agree that the Predators should come nowhere near this considering their depth at RW.

Trying to turn a guy into a center at age 27 is too risky a gamble for me.
Theo_nollaf a aimé ceci.
30 avr. à 22 h 26
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,952

I would think it's 100% contingent on Marner signing a (reasonable) extension, and Nashville banking on extending a window with Askarov and Marner. Next year wouldn't be an all-in push, per se, but within a few years I'd assume you're contending with a core of Marner, Askarov, Josi, Forsberg, Kemell, etc. Unlikely, though. And I agree: I don't see a scenario where you'd go all-in next year by trading Saros.

Mostly agree here, and I'm not familiar enough with Nashville to know what's in the pipeline and how likely they are to pan out. I will say, from a Columbus fan: Nyquist is great, but...I highly doubt a 34-year-old career middle-sixer having a "breakout" year is sustainable. He's probably a solid 40-50 point middle-six winger for a few more years, even though I hope he proves this year was the new norm.
gmgb a aimé ceci.
1 mai à 11 h 5
Quoting: CaseyFlyman
I would think it's 100% contingent on Marner signing a (reasonable) extension, and Nashville banking on extending a window with Askarov and Marner. Next year wouldn't be an all-in push, per se, but within a few years I'd assume you're contending with a core of Marner, Askarov, Josi, Forsberg, Kemell, etc. Unlikely, though. And I agree: I don't see a scenario where you'd go all-in next year by trading Saros.

Mostly agree here, and I'm not familiar enough with Nashville to know what's in the pipeline and how likely they are to pan out. I will say, from a Columbus fan: Nyquist is great, but...I highly doubt a 34-year-old career middle-sixer having a "breakout" year is sustainable. He's probably a solid 40-50 point middle-six winger for a few more years, even though I hope he proves this year was the new norm.

What is a reasonable extension for Marner though? He's already making the uppermost limit of what I think he should be getting. Aside from not having to give up anything to get him, Reinhart should come in at a lower cap hit (despite being the one coming off a 50+ goal season). $10M looks a lot better to a guy who was making $6.5M, than to someone who was making almost $11M.

Aside from Askarov and Molendyk, almost all of NSH's best prospects are wingers (predominately RWs). Their biggest needs are a top center (good depth in the system, but no one with #1 C potential) and RDs.

I wasn't looking at Nyquist as a long term solution, or considering extending him past next season. Just that NSH is covered for the 1st line RW spot already, for the remainder of Marner's current contract. Gus' chemistry with Forsberg and O'Reilly has been an unexpected surprise. Seems like a good dude, too. As a fan it's always nice to have guys you want to root for on your team.
CaseyFlyman a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage