24-25

Créé par: swinny
Équipe: 2024-25 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 13 avr. 2024
Publié: 16 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
And the rebuild continues......

The direction here is really adding a couple1 year deals that get the Hawks to the Cap floor, while also hoping that these "reclamation projects" can be moved to additional future assets. Simply nothing in the UFA market that will be of benefit to the Hawks right now.....

Signings:

1. Olofsson: completely ine dimensional yes, but he can score. Should see ice time as a Hawk. Reasonable to think he can get back to a 25 goal pace, which at $2.5 million should have value at the TDL.

2. Reichel: there is something there. Young, inexpensive option that over the course of the contract the Hawks will find out what kind of middle 6 player he is.

3. Reilly - an excellent option as a #7 D. Moves the puck well, and can give the Hawks blueline a different look. Has rebounded nicely as an Islander. His game should have value to a team at the TDL looking for D depth.

4. Vlasic: Want to lock him down long term. Has look fantastic. Looking more the stay-at-home type, hard to pin a number on that. Thought $5.75 million was a good number that ages well. Has quickly become a piece you simply build around. Not messing with that.

5. Entwisle: One could probably upgrade this, but he has proven quite serviceable. Simplybsee no reason to dive into a UFA market for a 4th line player. Entwisle has been effective enough.

6. Gustufsson: part of the cap dump deal, young enough for the Hawks to take him for a test drive. Has shown a scoring touch in the AHL that hasn't translated, at least as of yet. Worst case he is a bottom 6 player that for now fits the rebuild, best case, Hawks get a middle 6 player. At this point, worth the gamble.

7. Crevier, Guttman, Phillips: All 3 serve as AHL depth right now, where Crevier and Phillips just need more marinating. Both can be parts of the Hawks blueline long term...... particularly Crevier.

Side Notes:

1. Schmidt: I had no desire signing a UFA D, and I don't think Crevier is ready. Schmidt is acquired for nothing (not about to move an asset!)..... and serves as a stop gap. Getting an increased role in Chicago, the thinking is he should fetch at least a 3rd with retention at the deadline.

2. Anthanasiou: same rule applies. Use the last retention spot at the deadline, 50% retained should net a similar package as Schmidt.

3. Was thinking of weaponizong the cap space more, but was not about to take on multiple years. And, for contracts and players that may have made some sense, the teams holding that player don't have to move them. Further, in the case of Colorado for example, wasn't wanting to move assets at this time to do it. Now is not that time.

Overall:

Bedard, Nazar, Kurashev, Vlasic, Korchinski all form what should be the core of the Hawks for at least a decade. No reason to rush the build and spend foolishly. The Hawks are not in a position to win yet, so, continue to stock the pantry.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2900 000 $
2925 000 $
85 750 000 $
2850 000 $
2850 000 $
2900 000 $
2950 000 $
2950 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
12 500 000 $
11 500 000 $
Transactions
CHI
  1. Gustafsson, David [Droits de RFA]
  2. Schmidt, Nate
Détails additionnels:
I am sure Hawks fans will be screaming for a pick, but, I think that pick comes at the TDL when he is likely moved. Needing to make basement, the contract helps, and it is only 1 year. Should see more ice time as a Hawk, which could increase his trade value. Just not wanting to commit term to a UFA here. Crevier is close to ready, but not quite.

Gustafsson becomes a Hawk, where he should see a role on the 4th line. The offensive game hasn't translated to the NHL, but at only 24, the Hawks have some time to see what he can become
WPG
    Future Consoderations

One has to think the Jets would like to move Schmidt's contract. Less expensive options out there for what he does. Moreover, just not getting the ice time to justify the contract.

Gustafsson is moved to grease the wheel. Simply no room for him in Winnipeg.
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de LAK
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de NSH
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de CHI
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2287 700 000 $68 539 167 $0 $5 825 000 $19 160 833 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AG
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
    C
    RFA - 2
    2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    RFA - 1
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    UFA - 2
    950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance900 000 $$900K)
    AD, C
    RFA - 2
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA
    925 000 $925 000 $
    AG, C
    RFA
    4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 2
    4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    850 000 $850 000 $
    AG, C
    RFA
    850 000 $850 000 $
    AG, C
    RFA
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    UFA - 1
    950 000 $950 000 $
    AD
    RFA
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 6
    9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
    DG
    RFA - 2
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    5 950 000 $5 950 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    962 500 $962 500 $
    G
    RFA - 1
    916 667 $916 667 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
    DG
    RFA - 1
    4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    DG
    UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    16 avr. à 13 h 44
    exo2769
    Rejoint: juill. 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,811
    This is an interesting team. I see you're a Leafs fan and I think you've done a decent job above talking about a different team. A couple of points that I'd make.

I don't want Victor Olofsson at all. One dimensional is the wrong thing this team needs. Seems like a band aid fix where we need to be making strides forward and giving our prospects ice time. Player development is crucial for the Hawks right now. I'd rather have Domi, Henrique, Bertuzzi, heck a lot of guys over Olofsson.

I've been vocal on here that the Hawks need a Phyiscal Veteran RD presence because just as you have outlined...the Hawks are going to have (3) players either in their 2nd year or even their rookie year on the Left. Del Mastro might get the nod over Kaiser for a good portion of next season...if this season in Rockford has been any indication. I don't think Schmidt is the guy they're looking for, but if the price is right...then I'd at least understand. With that said. It would likely be a pick as the Hawks are already looking for ice time for their own prospects. I can't see them interested in David Gustaffson.
    SociallyHawkward, Hawksguy81, LivingAnew and 2 others a aimé ceci.
    16 avr. à 13 h 56
    Rejoint: nov. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,477
    Really solid explanations and the ideas make sense to a point. Can't see the Hawks signing Olafsson though. He is a FAR TOO one dimensional player. Hawks can find a much better option. I'd rather try Joey Anderson in that spot than Olafsson or bring back Kubalik as a UFA. At least Kubalik throws a check once in a while. I'm fine w/ acquiring Schmidt, but Gustafsson isn't a player the Hawks would want. Hawks already have several guys with similar skills to Gustafsson. No need to add another. I'd rather re-sign Blackwell or Reese Johnson than take on Gustafsson. If that's the best deal the Jets offer to take Schmidt, Hawks pass and go the free agent route.
    LivingAnew, PaulKorea, exo2769 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
    16 avr. à 14 h 2
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
    Quoting: Hawksguy81
    Really solid explanations and the ideas make sense to a point. Can't see the Hawks signing Olafsson though. He is a FAR TOO one dimensional player. Hawks can find a much better option. I'd rather try Joey Anderson in that spot than Olafsson or bring back Kubalik as a UFA. At least Kubalik throws a check once in a while. I'm fine w/ acquiring Schmidt, but Gustafsson isn't a player the Hawks would want. Hawks already have several guys with similar skills to Gustafsson. No need to add another. I'd rather re-sign Blackwell or Reese Johnson than take on Gustafsson. If that's the best deal the Jets offer to take Schmidt, Hawks pass and go the free agent route.

I thought about Kubalik, but wasn't sure.....

Really, the idea in signing a 1 year deal is finding the right guy, on the right deal, knowing full well you plan on moving them at the deadline. Moreover, I was looking for a cap hit that didn't need retention. Males it a bit more of a finite field.

I get what youbare saying about Olofsson though. 100%. But, out of what is out there, I thought he maybe a guy that maximizes a return. He can score. The restvof the game..... well, yeah lol.
    Hawksguy81, exo2769 et Garak a aimé ceci.
    16 avr. à 14 h 4
    Rejoint: janv. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,446
    Jets likely accept but schmidt does have trade protection so ig it assumes he doesn't have Chicago on his list or will waive for more ice time
    swinny et exo2769 a aimé ceci.
    16 avr. à 14 h 12
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: exo2769
    This is an interesting team. I see you're a Leafs fan and I think you've done a decent job above talking about a different team. A couple of points that I'd make.

I don't want Victor Olofsson at all. One dimensional is the wrong thing this team needs. Seems like a band aid fix where we need to be making strides forward and giving our prospects ice time. Player development is crucial for the Hawks right now. I'd rather have Domi, Henrique, Bertuzzi, heck a lot of guys over Olofsson.

I've been vocal on here that the Hawks need a Phyiscal Veteran RD presence because just as you have outlined...the Hawks are going to have (3) players either in their 2nd year or even their rookie year on the Left. Del Mastro might get the nod over Kaiser for a good portion of next season...if this season in Rockford has been any indication. I don't think Schmidt is the guy they're looking for, but if the price is right...then I'd at least understand. With that said. It would likely be a pick as the Hawks are already looking for ice time for their own prospects. I can't see them interested in David Gustaffson.

I hear you on Olofsson. Don't get me wrong. I see this as more an investment than anything else. I signed him with the full intention of moving him. The players you mentioned, which anyone would sooner have, are likely to carry multi-year deals which I wanted to avoid for the very reasons you laid out..... Kids have to play, and I don't want to block there way to NHL ice time.

As for the blueline, that is a conundrum. If it wasn't so young, I would have 100% put Crevier on the 3rd pairing. It is just sooooo young. And, finding a vet presence via the UFA market, where there is sound logic to it, then may block the Crevier's, Del Mastro's and Phillip's of the world - which is sort of counter productive in a rebuild.

Lastly, quite possible there is no interest in Gustafsson. Conversely, as I said, he is young enough to fit the rebuild, and worth a test drive imo. To your point, you could also sign a vet to add that presence to the locker room in the roster spot.

The difficulty I had here is that this team is so young, and the core is insanely talented, with a really solid system. Rushing the kids (a classic Leafs move), is something I would want to avoid. Looking at it, the Hawks are not going to compete next year either; so looking a short term fills in hopes of flipping them into picks seems prudent. I think 25-26 maybe the year the Hawks look at the UFA market more seriously..... but this just isn't it.
    exo2769 a aimé ceci.
    16 avr. à 14 h 23
    Rejoint: nov. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,477
    Quoting: swinny
    I thought about Kubalik, but wasn't sure.....

Really, the idea in signing a 1 year deal is finding the right guy, on the right deal, knowing full well you plan on moving them at the deadline. Moreover, I was looking for a cap hit that didn't need retention. Males it a bit more of a finite field.

I get what youbare saying about Olofsson though. 100%. But, out of what is out there, I thought he maybe a guy that maximizes a return. He can score. The restvof the game..... well, yeah lol.

I honestly don't think Olafsson gets more than $1,5m this off season. He's one of the poster boys for "reclamation project". But he literally does well but shoot it. He would drive coach Luke nuts!
    exo2769 a aimé ceci.
    16 avr. à 14 h 24
    Rejoint: juill. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,032
    Unlikely Winnipeg does that. They can buy Schmidt out or give up a pick to move him. There's no reason or comparable that would have the Jets giving up a promising young player.
    16 avr. à 15 h 0
    exo2769
    Rejoint: juill. 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,811
    Quoting: swinny
    I hear you on Olofsson. Don't get me wrong. I see this as more an investment than anything else. I signed him with the full intention of moving him. The players you mentioned, which anyone would sooner have, are likely to carry multi-year deals which I wanted to avoid for the very reasons you laid out..... Kids have to play, and I don't want to block there way to NHL ice time.

As for the blueline, that is a conundrum. If it wasn't so young, I would have 100% put Crevier on the 3rd pairing. It is just sooooo young. And, finding a vet presence via the UFA market, where there is sound logic to it, then may block the Crevier's, Del Mastro's and Phillip's of the world - which is sort of counter productive in a rebuild.

Lastly, quite possible there is no interest in Gustafsson. Conversely, as I said, he is young enough to fit the rebuild, and worth a test drive imo. To your point, you could also sign a vet to add that presence to the locker room in the roster spot.

The difficulty I had here is that this team is so young, and the core is insanely talented, with a really solid system. Rushing the kids (a classic Leafs move), is something I would want to avoid. Looking at it, the Hawks are not going to compete next year either; so looking a short term fills in hopes of flipping them into picks seems prudent. I think 25-26 maybe the year the Hawks look at the UFA market more seriously..... but this just isn't it.

I agree with much of this and I'm not trying to bash any opinions at all!

I'd say for the defense...I would like to grab a Demelo or Pesce or Chatfield or Tanev and I would seriously overpay for a 2-5 year contract. The longer the term, the less of an overpay I'm willing to do. Hawks have Sam Rinzel in the system that will go back to Minnesota next year and likely Rockford for at least 1 year after that...then he can replace Murphy on the blue line, but a physical veteran like one of the guys I mentioned would be huge. I see Crevier as a bottom pair guy which is fine! Other than that even within the Hawks farms system they don't have much on the right side. Maybe Kaiser/Phillips/Allan move over? To be determined, I guess.

I 1,000% agree don't rush prospects! The Hawks made those mistakes under Bowman too. Kirby & Boqvist. I'm less concerned about flipping guys for picks, but having TRUE NHL veterans willing to buy into our timeline and understand the situation about mentoring. Jason Dicksinson/Nick Foligno. WAY over paid, BUT they are providing value to us and will continue. Hey DeMelo, are you interested in 2 years $8M per? I'm making that up off the top of my head, but we have that kind of cap/cash to spend on the right people that'll develop the kids. You know?
    Garak, Hawksguy81 et swinny a aimé ceci.
    16 avr. à 18 h 1
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,578
    Modifié 16 avr. à 18 h 24
    I'm impressed. Not many non-Chicago fans care to even understand CHI's situation and what they are trying to do. Everyone assumes rebuild means dumping ground and "CHI should be happy to take our garbage." So, thanks for putting the effort in!

As for the Schmidt dump, I will preface by saying that I would prefer that Kyle Davidson was raking other GM's over the coals for assets in cap dump trades. But, so far, he has been pretty modest in what he has asked for in return for cap relief. That said, he also hasn't just handed out cap relief for nothing. Gustafsson is a fine young-ish player who maybe still has some room to grow, but at this point he is the equivalent of a late round pick or someone I might consider taking on for FC's. Not as payment for almost $6M in cap relief.

I also don't think Schmidt would be a benefit or complement to Korch at all. Korch's transition game is fine. I think where he needs more support is in the defensive zone. Someone who can stop plays, pull pucks off guys, and feed him outlet passes for a quick transition back to the offensive zone. That is where Korch is gonna shine, I think. Which, finding the right RD to complement Korchinski's play-style and maybe be a mentor to him, is my biggest concern for a roster addition next season. If we could find another Foligno who plays RD, that would be perfect. *COUGH* TANEV *COUGH*. haha. But I doubt Tanev is interested in joining a rebuild and being a mentor. I thought Murphy could be something along those lines for him this year, but it didn't really work out that way. They looked great together in the 22-23 training camp before he went back to Seattle. Maybe Korch comes back next season and all those rookie concerns are left in the past.

If CHI is going to take someone for free or highly discounted and hoping they can flip them with retention down the road, they should be looking at struggling veteran top 6 forwards who have shown an ability to produce in the past. Someone they can possibly put with Bedard to give him a little more stability and keep him engaged, because I feel like he could do a whole lot more damage with better line-mates. Preferably someone who is more defensively responsible. Maybe that is Hall when he is healthy, or Nazar, and also he and Kurashev continue to build even more chemistry than they showed this season.

As for a forward signing, I don't know if it will be Olofsson specifically, but I get the idea. Sort of like Domi and Athanasiou were last year, guys looking for an opportunity somewhere to hopefully rekindle their careers. But, I think there will be better options, whether that is another cap dump or very low acquisition cost, or another free agent. I think CHI would prefer to bring in a harder worker who takes defensive responsibilities more seriously but is also willing to be a mentor and isn't just there to further their own career. From the outside, guys like Dickinson, Foligno, and Mrazek, look like overpaid mistakes or undesirables. But in CHI, they are loved, and on the roster their knowledge, hard work, and leadership have been invaluable. They are worth every penny to this team and the rebuild, and that is what they will likely be looking to add more of.
    Hawksguy81, swinny et exo2769 a aimé ceci.
    17 avr. à 19 h 19
    Démarrer sujet
    Appreciate the solid feedback here folks!

It has definitely given me more insight into the Hawks organization, and what Davidson may do.

Has to be one of the most fruitful threads I have posted on CF! Opinions back with thoughtful analysis. No hate. No trolling. Just awesomeness.

I want to say you folks give Hawks fans a great name! Much respect

Again..... thanks!
    Garak a aimé ceci.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage