Forums/Armchair-GM

unleash the youth

Créé par: hylyx
Équipe: 2024-25 Red Wings de Detroit
Date de création initiale: 14 avr. 2024
Publié: 14 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
just wanna qualify by saying this is what I would like to see in an ideal world and i know yzerman will never have this many rookies on the roster and we are probably looking at more veteran stopgaps for a lot of these spots next year
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
88 700 000 $
88 000 000 $
42 550 000 $
1950 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
25 750 000 $
24 750 000 $
13 250 000 $
Transactions
DET
ARI
  1. Fabbri, Robby
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (BOS)
DET
SJS
  1. Määttä, Olli
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (DAL)
STL
  1. Berggren, Jonatan [Droits de RFA]
  2. Buium, Shai [Liste de réserve]
  3. Copp, Andrew
  4. Wallinder, William
  5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (DET)
  6. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (DET)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de NJD
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de STL
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2187 500 000 $87 159 306 $0 $2 850 000 $340 694 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 7
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
C
RFA - 2
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AD
UFA
905 833 $905 833 $
AG
RFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
C
RFA - 2
5 100 000 $5 100 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 4
2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
C
RFA
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
DD
RFA
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
RFA - 2
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
DD
UFA
900 000 $900 000 $
G
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
DG
RFA
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 avr. à 15 h 43
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,371
Deal.
hylyx, aedoran, noted and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
14 avr. à 15 h 45
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 974
its Lalonde. Coaches have like 3 HC jobs in an NHL career. How do u explain starting youth when Trusted Vets are available?
aedoran a aimé ceci.
14 avr. à 16 h 12
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 12,054
Quoting: earl08
its Lalonde. Coaches have like 3 HC jobs in an NHL career. How do u explain starting youth when Trusted Vets are available?

I agree. If they were out of the playoff race then bring up some prospects would happen.
14 avr. à 16 h 15
I like Buchnevich but that is way too much for him.
hylyx, palhal et RazorSeider53 a aimé ceci.
14 avr. à 16 h 27
fromtherivertothesea
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 798
Quoting: aedoran
I agree. If they were out of the playoff race then bring up some prospects would happen.

Det first goal is to develop the kids. He's doing the right thing. Torts on the other hand doesn't give a damn about the youngsters.
14 avr. à 17 h 26
Quoting: batman
Det first goal is to develop the kids. He's doing the right thing. Torts on the other hand doesn't give a damn about the youngsters.

But Detroit can still make the playoffs and bringing up a bunch of unexperienced kids, what kind of message does that send to the team and fans?
14 avr. à 18 h 14
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,770

I'll take it one step further. Torts "cares" for his all his players when they are winning.....because they are listening to the great mastermind behind the bench.
But the moment a team loses, well the players are to blame, usually the youngsters, but all those lazy ****s on the ice because they aren't following the great OZ behind bench plans.
14 avr. à 19 h 3
Rejoint: mars 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 313
Quoting: aedoran
I like Buchnevich but that is way too much for him.

Yep.
hylyx et aedoran a aimé ceci.
14 avr. à 23 h 0
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 373

Torts was great with young players in CBJ while he was there. Or did you miss the part of him developing them into a winning team on the rise. It's funny how people fail to realize how good of a coach he is. Remember how well he had PLD playing. You know, it was all Torts he was such a bad guy, is what people said, yet all these young guys, PLD, Josh Anderson, all came out and said, they were good with him. They all played really well under him. They were prized players. Well what happened when you took Torts away. Where is PLD now? Where is Anderson?
Torts gets a lot of heat for calling it like it is and not holding back. It's like when they tell teaches don't invite students to the white board because you'll embarrass them if they don't know it.
Just some people are just as soft as the players who can't handle it.

Quoting: palhal
I'll take it one step further. Torts "cares" for his all his players when they are winning.....because they are listening to the great mastermind behind the bench.
But the moment a team loses, well the players are to blame, usually the youngsters, but all those lazy ****s on the ice because they aren't following the great OZ behind bench plans.

Torts must have given some commentary about TOR being part time players.

Honestly, CBJ was a winning team...then Torts left....now they are bottom of the league. PHL use to be a bottom of the league team....then Torts joined, and if they wouldn't have lost their goalie on the year, they would be a playoff team most likely.
There is a lot one can say about Torts, but not being able to win games isn't one of them. He's a better coach than most teams have. Just other people refuse to accept that. But hey, Keefe, enjoy TOR fans.
14 avr. à 23 h 10
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
Torts was great with young players in CBJ while he was there. Or did you miss the part of him developing them into a winning team on the rise. It's funny how people fail to realize how good of a coach he is. Remember how well he had PLD playing. You know, it was all Torts he was such a bad guy, is what people said, yet all these young guys, PLD, Josh Anderson, all came out and said, they were good with him. They all played really well under him. They were prized players. Well what happened when you took Torts away. Where is PLD now? Where is Anderson?
Torts gets a lot of heat for calling it like it is and not holding back. It's like when they tell teaches don't invite students to the white board because you'll embarrass them if they don't know it.
Just some people are just as soft as the players who can't handle it.

Torts must have given some commentary about TOR being part time players.

Honestly, CBJ was a winning team...then Torts left....now they are bottom of the league. PHL use to be a bottom of the league team....then Torts joined, and if they wouldn't have lost their goalie on the year, they would be a playoff team most likely.
There is a lot one can say about Torts, but not being able to win games isn't one of them. He's a better coach than most teams have. Just other people refuse to accept that. But hey, Keefe, enjoy TOR fans.

Torts is great on TV....which is his main gig. He loves being a smart ass on TV, and seemingly knowlegdable. Then he gets an NHL coaching job, does a good job for one and two years, and then falls apart.
He gets fired.....gets paid goes on TV, and then some GM think he's a genius, and the cycle continues. Personally I think Torts is bad coach. He can't adversary, then he blames everyone but himself.
Brian Burke had the same gig. A poor GM for years, but he comes on TV, and folks think he is brilliant.

Gee, if the Leafs have part time players and have consistently been in the top 10 for years, how many part time players are there on other teams that don't make the playoffs.
14 avr. à 23 h 24
SkateOrDie
Torts is great on TV....which is his main gig. He loves being a smart ass on TV, and seemingly knowlegdable. Then he gets an NHL coaching job, does a good job for one and two years, and then falls apart.
He gets fired.....gets paid goes on TV, and then some GM think he's a genius, and the cycle continues. Personally I think Torts is bad coach. He can't adversary, then he blames everyone but himself.
Brian Burke had the same gig. A poor GM for years, but he comes on TV, and folks think he is brilliant.

Gee, if the Leafs have part time players and have consistently been in the top 10 for years, how many part time players are there on other teams that don't make the playoffs.

you really missed the part time players thing....

Every coach has a shelf life, every. At some point they lose the room. But the results when he's there are undeniable.
He takes bad teams and he makes them good and he usually does it with players who aren't to the talent level of those that he beats.
When he leaves PHL you will see PHL fall apart, mark my words on it.
You just have a hard time accepting the fact that he calls it like it is. Frankly he's rarely wrong in doing it. But hey, I get it, your a TOR fan. You don't want to see a coach come in and call out your players for not fighting for the puck and playing a little hard nosed. Because the whole damn team would be called out. But then again, maybe if someone did, they wouldn't play so soft in the playoffs and then people cry they need toughness all over this website as they bring in Reaves on a bad contract.
Torts sets the bar, he expects people to play hard which is taxing. When it's not up to par he calls it out. Obviously that has a shelf life. But don't think he "can't adversary" if there is one thing Torts is good at coaching is digging in and being hard nosed enough to fight for a win....even if it means literally and dropping gloves.
I will also go on the record saying MANY times he has called himself out for not getting done. So don't turn around and cry about how he blames everyone else but himself. That's just not true.
Your delusional opinion of the guy and who is actually is are two different things.
14 avr. à 23 h 31
LongtimeLeafsufferer

Every coach has a shelf life, every. At some point they lose the room. But the results when he's there are undeniable.
He takes bad teams and he makes them good and he usually does it with players who aren't to the talent level of those that he beats.
You just have a hard time accepting the fact that he calls it like it is. Frankly he's rarely wrong in doing it. But hey, I get it, your a TOR fan. You don't want to see a coach come in and call out your players for not fighting for the puck and playing a little hard nosed. Because the whole damn team would be called out. But then again, maybe if someone did, they wouldn't play so soft in the playoffs and then people cry they need toughness all over this website as they bring in Reaves on a bad contract.
Torts sets the bar, he expects people to play hard which is taxing. When it's not up to par he calls it out. Obviously that has a shelf life. But don't think he "can't adversary" if there is one thing Torts is good at coaching is digging in and being hard nosed enough to fight for a win....even if it means literally and dropping gloves.
I will also go on the record saying MANY times he has called himself out for not getting done. So don't turn around and cry about how he blames everyone else but himself. That's just not true.
Your delusional opinion of the guy and who is actually is are two different things.

Entertainers, also know as commentators can say anything they want. They are paid for clicks or viewership.
Gee, how do you know or what any coach says to his players? Keefe and virtually all coaches don't call their players in public. What these coaches say behind closed doors, no one knows.
It has nothing to being a Leaf fan. Torts has history of calling out players publicly....more than any other coach I've known. It might be a technique to get his motivated but just my opinion he does it so shift blame from himself to individual players.
14 avr. à 23 h 41

Weird... My feeling is the type of player Yzerman likes to draft is the type of player Torts loves to coach.

He'd do very well here when the core is completely assembled in Detroit.
hylyx a aimé ceci.
14 avr. à 23 h 45
Torts was great with young players in CBJ while he was there. Or did you miss the part of him developing them into a winning team on the rise. It's funny how people fail to realize how good of a coach he is. Remember how well he had PLD playing. You know, it was all Torts he was such a bad guy, is what people said, yet all these young guys, PLD, Josh Anderson, all came out and said, they were good with him. They all played really well under him. They were prized players. Well what happened when you took Torts away. Where is PLD now? .

WTF kind of revisionist history is this lol. Torts benched PLD numerous times because he's lazy as ****. Eventually PLD asked for a trade. Torts benched him the last game before he was traded.

Torts knew PLD was a lazy player and outed him for it. Somehow Rob Blake was dumb enough to make all the moves he made just to make PLD fit, and not even a full year later, is already paying the price for it.
14 avr. à 23 h 47
SkateOrDie
Entertainers, also know as commentators can say anything they want. They are paid for clicks or viewership.
Gee, how do you know or what any coach says to his players? Keefe and virtually all coaches don't call their players in public. What these coaches say behind closed doors, no one knows.
It has nothing to being a Leaf fan. Torts has history of calling out players publicly....more than any other coach I've known. It might be a technique to get his motivated but just my opinion he does it so shift blame from himself to individual players.

how does a guy who calls himself out on national tv during interviews use it to shift blame. That's just bogus.
Maybe your problem is you don't really see any Torts interviews except the ones that make headlines.
It's pretty easy to tell coaches that don't say anything. They look like Keefe.
But hey let me know where your Jack Adams Award is.
14 avr. à 23 h 49
SkateOrDie
Quoting: RazorSeider53
WTF kind of revisionist history is this lol. Torts benched PLD numerous times because he's lazy as ****. Eventually PLD asked for a trade. Torts benched him the last game before he was traded.

Torts knew PLD was a lazy player and outed him for it. Somehow Rob Blake was dumb enough to make all the moves he made just to make PLD fit, and not even a full year later, is already paying the price for it.

1st this is a poor understanding of the situation. 2nd thank you for proving my point that Torts is putting up with players and is demanding more.
PLD played hard for Torts for years. That is undeniable. It wasn't till PLD and the front office had a falling out that it became a problem on the ice. That's the part you are missing out.
14 avr. à 23 h 52
1st this is a poor understanding of the situation. 2nd thank you for proving my point that Torts is putting up with players and is demanding more.
PLD played hard for Torts for years. That is undeniable. It wasn't till PLD and the front office had a falling out that it became a problem on the ice. That's the part you are missing out.

Ya PLD has a lot of falling outs... Almost like he's the problem.
14 avr. à 23 h 57
LongtimeLeafsufferer
how does a guy who calls himself out on national tv during interviews use it to shift blame. That's just bogus.
Maybe your problem is you don't really see any Torts interviews except the ones that make headlines.
It's pretty easy to tell coaches that don't say anything. They look like Keefe.
But hey let me know where your Jack Adams Award is.

You're bitter little boy aren't you? I just stated a fact that very rarely do coaches call out their players in public..
Why do have such a hard on for Keefe. Because his team makes the playoffs every year?
You're right, I don't see many Torts interviews or many coaches for that matter.....but doubt you do either.
I'll just state, and I it's my opinion. Torts is a poor NHL coach. Why are you so concerned about Keefe?
15 avr. à 0 h 1
SkateOrDie
Ya PLD has a lot of falling outs... Almost like he's the problem.

You can say whatever you want about PLD, I don't really care.
The point I was making is, When he played for CBJ, up to the point of the front office issues, Torts developed him and he played well.
There is no denying that.
Then the front office pissed PLD off. And PLD went out and skated around doing nothing on the ice which was the point that Torts benched him. Don't come putting it on Torts. Don't say torts doesn't care about or develop younger players. None of that is true. His time in CBJ was a great example of that. It wasn't him that led to the team falling apart, and when he was gone that was that. All down hill from there. I'm willing to bet and I'm sure most CBJ fans feel the same way. If Torts was there now, they'd have a better team than what they do now.
15 avr. à 0 h 4

Why do have such a hard on for Keefe. Because his team makes the playoffs every year?

Apparently making the playoffs every year and choking draws envy...
15 avr. à 0 h 5
SkateOrDie
You're bitter little boy aren't you? I just stated a fact that very rarely do coaches call out their players in public..
You're right, I don't see many Torts interviews or many coaches for that matter.....but doubt you do either.
I'll just state, and I it's my opinion. Torts is a poor NHL coach. Why are you so concerned about Keefe?

I've seen plenty of Torts interviews, they played them after every CBJ game, of which I watched a lot of.
Which is why I get the part time players quip and you didn't.
Your opinion doesn't really mean anything to a guy who's won 2 Jack Adams. It's pretty absurd to think that's a bad coach.
Why do you try to defend Keefe. Hell even other TOR fans don't like Keefe. Those that know better at least.
15 avr. à 0 h 5
You can say whatever you want about PLD, I don't really care.
The point I was making is, When he played for CBJ, up to the point of the front office issues, Torts developed him and he played well.
There is no denying that.
Then the front office pissed PLD off. And PLD went out and skated around doing nothing on the ice which was the point that Torts benched him. Don't come putting it on Torts. Don't say torts doesn't care about or develop younger players. None of that is true. His time in CBJ was a great example of that. It wasn't him that led to the team falling apart, and when he was gone that was that. All down hill from there. I'm willing to bet and I'm sure most CBJ fans feel the same way. If Torts was there now, they'd have a better team than what they do now.

I didn't put it on Torts. I very clearly put it on PLD for being lazy as **** lol.
15 avr. à 0 h 5
SkateOrDie
Apparently making the playoffs every year and choking draws envy...

yeah or maybe it's just the constant Choking part.
15 avr. à 0 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 262

and you are missing the part where the players go to the GM and demand a trade out of a Tort's controlled team or simply inform him that they have no intention of re-signing as an UFA.

look at this quote

"I don't think that it was a matter of losing the locker room. Sometimes the message, especially if communicated by the same person, is not received maybe the way it was years ago," the GM said, adding that there also were times this season when he and Tortorella didn't see eye-to-eye on things.

This was said in 2008 when he was fired in Tampa with a year left on his deal. Now think of what is acceptable nowadays and think he's any better.

Torts is the guy you want at the start of a rebuild but don't want him long enough for players to have leverage to demand out or be up for UFA contracts---because they will leave. His shelf life is getting shorter with every job and his messaging is growing more out of touch with every young player that makes the NHL.
15 avr. à 0 h 10
SkateOrDie
I didn't put it on Torts. I very clearly put it on PLD for being lazy as **** lol.

you really hate PLD. Honestly, you just got the wrong coach. Torts turned CBJ into a great physical team that use to just pound on people. PLD loved playing that style there and played hard.
As did Anderson, Jenner, Dubinsky etc......
That was one hard nosed team under Torts.
Then the front office didn't want to pay PLD and gave him issues over an injury....that was it, he was pissed.
You never know, once they show you they don't care about you, you don't have much desire to give it all maybe? Who knows. I don't blame him. I've seen what PLD can do if his head is into it. But it's like someone having one bad employer and then realizing they are all that way. You just go in for a check at some point after.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage