Forums/Armchair-GM

Leafs Big Off-Season Moves

Créé par: JustNinjaShep
Équipe: 2024-25 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 12 avr. 2024
Publié: 12 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I hope you all enjoyed this Off-Season Armchair GM of mine! Signing guys to contracts isn't something I'm great at but I hope you liked what I came up with!

I also figured I shouldn't worry about filling in the depth as I had a hard enough time with the notables. There's 7M in remaining Cap Space to Sign 2 Bottom 6 Forwards & a defender, you can use your imagination on that one

THIS IS IF TAVARES IS WILLING TO WAIVE HIS NO MOVE CLAUSE!! Leafs tell him they NEED him gone & Tavares accepts that
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
27 000 000 $
35 000 000 $
11 000 000 $
66 500 000 $
Transactions
TOR
    Future Considerations

The Blackhawks get a good 2nd Line Center in John Tavares. They want more Top 6 talent to help Connor Bedard & their young talent progress more & to have good players to play alongside them
    CHI
    1. Tavares, John
    2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (VAN)
    Détails additionnels:
    The Leafs NEED Cap Space & making this trade on Draft Day would get them out of the last yr of a terrible contract for the team
    TOR
    1. Markström, Jacob
    Détails additionnels:
    The Leafs bring in a Goalie who finished 2nd in Vezina Votes back in 2022 which should shore up the Goalie controversy in Toronto. Markstrom should be a good Starter for them until Joseph Woll is ready to take that starting job from him & when that time comes they can play a 1A/1B Tandem

Plus young Goalies always seem to develop better with an Elite Goalie in front of them. Bringing in a Top 10 Goalie in Jacob Markstrom seems like the right move to me! (Even though he'd be towards the bottom of that Top 10 list)
    CGY
    1. Voit, Ty
    2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
    3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
    Détails additionnels:
    Ty Voit is a 20 yr old Leaf prospect who is Ranked as the Leafs 7th Best Prospect Online. He did great at the OHL lvl last yr & was doing pretty well this season until he suffered a Season Ending Injury pretty early on in the year, needing shoulder surgery
    Enfoui
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    1787 675 000 $80 644 667 $0 $0 $7 030 333 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
    925 000 $925 000 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    13 250 000 $13 250 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA
    7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA
    11 500 000 $11 500 000 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    800 000 $800 000 $
    C, AG
    RFA - 1
    2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
    AD, C, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA
    Logo de Flames de Calgary
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 1
    766 667 $766 667 $
    G
    RFA - 1
    1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    12 avr. à 7 h 14
    Rejoint: janv. 2024
    Mentions "j'aime": 517
    I can't imagine Tavares would waive to go to a team who's likely to end bottom 5 again next season rather than stay in Toronto and compete lol.
    Garak, PaulKorea, Hawksguy81 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
    12 avr. à 7 h 25
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,654
    Tavares isn't waiving for CHI. But, if he were willing to do so, I think CHI would be interested, as long as the trade is after his bonus is paid on July 1st. Which means that pick would need to be 2025 or 2026.
    StutzlesNumber1Fan, PaulKorea, Hawksguy81 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
    12 avr. à 7 h 32
    Mentions "j'aime": 19,668
    Tavaras has full control over where he plays, no chance at all he is waiving to play in Chicago

No clue who you are using to check your prospect rankings but Toronto's prospect pool is ranked 28th by Scott Wheeler and Voit is ranked as their 12th best prospect. He isn't worth anything right now and Calgary already has their own version of him in Rory Kerins. Replace him with Niemela and Calgary may do it

Toffoli isn't signing that. He was traded from Calgary because he wanted a long term deal, and then was eventually traded from New Jersey for the exact same reason. Someone will give him 5+ years, I doubt he cares where.
    StutzlesNumber1Fan, PaulKorea, Garak and 3 others a aimé ceci.
    12 avr. à 7 h 49
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juin 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 5
    I realize Tavares waiving his No Move Clause is unlikely but if the team plays Hard Ball with him & makes it clear that they NEED him off the books.... Assuming Tavares is willing to Waive what do you all think??
    12 avr. à 7 h 53
    Quoting: JustNinjaShep
    I realize Tavares waiving his No Move Clause is unlikely but if the team plays Hard Ball with him & makes it clear that they NEED him off the books.... Assuming Tavares is willing to Waive what do you all think??

I'd assume they retain money and try and move him somewhere more competitive? If they retain 50% they'd still save 5.5M$ and I'm sure a handful of teams would take Tavares at 5.5M$ for a season~
    PaulKorea, Garak et SociallyHawkward a aimé ceci.
    12 avr. à 9 h 20
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,654
    Quoting: StutzlesNumber1Fan
    I'd assume they retain money and try and move him somewhere more competitive? If they retain 50% they'd still save 5.5M$ and I'm sure a handful of teams would take Tavares at 5.5M$ for a season~

True. But I think, if TOR has to retain and pay to move Tavares, that they would miss the offensive production more than they would value the $5.5M in cap space. It doesn't make sense for TOR unless they are moving the whole cap hit with a specific purpose in mind, like signing a big ticket free agent. Which this ACGM certainly implies, but I highly doubt they would bring in that many new faces, or ask him to waive his NMC, honestly. Tavares will likely take a huge discount after next season and finish his career with TOR anyway.
    StutzlesNumber1Fan a aimé ceci.
    12 avr. à 9 h 35
    Marner rocks
    Rejoint: juin 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 893
    Quoting: StutzlesNumber1Fan

Than the leafs have to find a player at 5.5M that can produce the same as JT, makes no sense with only 1yr left on contract.
    StutzlesNumber1Fan et Garak a aimé ceci.
    12 avr. à 9 h 35
    Tank it baby
    Rejoint: juill. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,284
    Tavares is still a good player.

He's just not worth his AAV.

Leafs knew the regression would start in his last 2-3 years of his contract.

I think he'll play out his contract and re-sign for 5-6 mil AAV.
    12 avr. à 9 h 44
    Quoting: Garak
    True. But I think, if TOR has to retain and pay to move Tavares, that they would miss the offensive production more than they would value the $5.5M in cap space. It doesn't make sense for TOR unless they are moving the whole cap hit with a specific purpose in mind, like signing a big ticket free agent. Which this ACGM certainly implies, but I highly doubt they would bring in that many new faces, or ask him to waive his NMC, honestly. Tavares will likely take a huge discount after next season and finish his career with TOR anyway.

Quoting: jaok3
    Than the leafs have to find a player at 5.5M that can produce the same as JT, makes no sense with only 1yr left on contract.

You guys are both correct, very true.
    Garak a aimé ceci.
    12 avr. à 20 h 44
    Rejoint: oct. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 547
    As an Islander all I can say is LMAO
    13 avr. à 9 h 39
    Rejoint: avr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 32
    Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
    Tavaras has full control over where he plays, no chance at all he is waiving to play in Chicago

No clue who you are using to check your prospect rankings but Toronto's prospect pool is ranked 28th by Scott Wheeler and Voit is ranked as their 12th best prospect. He isn't worth anything right now and Calgary already has their own version of him in Rory Kerins. Replace him with Niemela and Calgary may do it

Toffoli isn't signing that. He was traded from Calgary because he wanted a long term deal, and then was eventually traded from New Jersey for the exact same reason. Someone will give him 5+ years, I doubt he cares where.

I agree Tavares isn't waiving, but Wheeler and Pronman do not view prospects post draft nearly as much as they do pre-draft. They get the odd international tournament. I've probably watch 40 MarIies games alone this year, never mind the junior, NCAA, and KHL stuff. I agree with you Voit is not top of the pops in their pipeline, but that is primarily due to two things: Size and Health.

Toronto is very deep in their prospect pool in terms of forwards 4 through 12. They already have 1-3 for the next 5 or 6 years. Given what Cowan is doing now in comparison to what Marner did at a similar age in a similar situation, I would not bet against him being in that last group at some point.

Duschene has a well documented history of being on one year and off the next. He is in no way worth that contract. Tavares would count more points.

You've priced Pesce about right, but Liljegren will fill that role and save you 4 mil.

I doubt Treliving moves a 1st for Markstrom or anyone for that matter. I think that is a philosophical difference between him and Dubas, for better or worse.
    13 avr. à 9 h 40
    Quoting: SharkTank
    Tavares is still a good player.

He's just not worth his AAV.

Leafs knew the regression would start in his last 2-3 years of his contract.

I think he'll play out his contract and re-sign for 5-6 mil AAV.

I do not think it takes that much. I've got him at 3.5 x 3 once his current deal is up.
    13 avr. à 9 h 52
    Tank it baby
    Rejoint: juill. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,284
    Quoting: Hockey_Hippy
    I do not think it takes that much. I've got him at 3.5 x 3 once his current deal is up.

Fantasy land.
    13 avr. à 10 h 0
    Quoting: JustNinjaShep

I think he'd retire before he'd waive. And I think it would leave a stain on the Leaf brand going forward that would hurt their chances of attracting FAs.

McDonagh is a different case entirely. His game had clearly fallen off in Tampa to replacement levels, and he had three years left on his deal. He'd also won two cups already, he'd gotten his pound of flesh out of that deal.

The Tavares of today is not the Tavares of five years ago, but he has not declined to that level.
    13 avr. à 10 h 1
    Quoting: SharkTank
    Fantasy land.

We'll see.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage