Forums/Armchair-GM

Rumours of trades for offence - Necas Hutson

Créé par: DopeGM
Équipe: 2024-25 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 4 avr. 2024
Publié: 4 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I agree that trading a D prospect for a very strong long term piece at forward is a smart idea. I actually don’t think Hutson fits Montreal’s window all that well. Quinn Hughes took a very long time to get to where he is right now and I think the Habs are going to try to push hard to become a contender two years from now.

Most franchises couldn’t dream of trading Hutson but look at the Habs LHS depth! Guhle and Xekaj are locks in my opinion. Crazy valuable pieces. So where do you hide Hutson while you develop him? He’s going to expect/demand PP1 and a regular 5v5 shift. That seems incredibly dangerous to provide if I’m Habs management.

I wonder out loud if Newhook and Dach are long term fits in the top six. Dach because of injuries. Next offseason I believe you have to clean out the depth wingers a bit. Gallagher / Anderson / Newhook at least one needs to go.

At the draft, I would have a real hard time with this pick. Dickinson is an easy blah pick. Lindstrom fits well if he’s got the Montreal mental makeup. Cotton might be BPA but not a great fit as an undersized centre. Parekh looks amazing and is a RHS. Tricky.

I would play Reinbacher up. He looks like he can adapt to the show trial by fire. And 25/26 the Habs will want to be competing for a playoff spot and you don’t want to be developing him as a rookie then.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
87 000 000 $
2950 000 $
32 450 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Necas, Martin [Droits de RFA]
CAR
  1. Hutson, Lane [Liste de réserve]
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (MTL)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (MTL)
MTL
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2024 (WPG)
WPG
  1. Armia, Joel (1 700 000 $ retained)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de WPG
Logo de COL
Logo de MIN
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de SJS
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de WSH
Logo de WPG
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de NJD
Logo de VAN
Logo de MTL
Logo de DET
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2487 500 000 $78 488 750 $1 022 500 $4 977 500 $9 011 250 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 3
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD
RFA
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 6
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 2
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
835 000 $835 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
812 500 $812 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
DD
RFA - 2
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
G
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
890 000 $890 000 $
G
RFA - 1
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
DG/DD
RFA
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
DD
RFA
867 500 $867 500 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
DG
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 avr. à 8 h 59
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 104
Necas wouldn’t be too big of a needle mover for MTL and he definitely isn’t worth giving up on Hutson
Voice_Of_Thruth et Campabee a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 9 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 287
Necas does not change the dynamic of this team trading Huston for him with the thought that Xhekaj is the reason you're doing it is foolish. At the end of the day the habs need a real #1 C and two of Guhle Reinbacher or Hutson to hit big.
Campabee a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 9 h 4
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,599
I would not think this would interest Carolina at all
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 9 h 5
I post sometimes
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,692
I think Hutson has what Guhle and Xhekaj don't... that's why we keep him.

We can find a "Necas" on the market - finding a Hutson is INCREDIBLY rare and they go for crazy prices.

I think the top 6 is going to look like this in the next 3 years:

Slaf - Suzuki - 2024 first round pick (I think the starts are aligning for Eiserman)

Caufield - Dach - Newhook/Roy

And the D core will look like this in term of playing time:

Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Savard (resigned at cheap)

or
Guhle - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux
Hutson - Harris/Struble (moble two-way D)
Campabee a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 9 h 5
Tony Ferguson Fan
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 41
He is the same age as slaf he definetly is part of the window. Even if we are a contender in 2 years, he could already be a big piece for the team and the next 5 years where we hopefully look to compete.

Hughes didnt take that look to develop, 2 years after being drafted he was already a big part of the Canucks.

He fits right into the top 4, infront of Xhekaj who should be on a 3rd pair.

Newhook would be fine on a 3rd line long term.
Campabee a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 9 h 6
I post sometimes
Quoting: Schuyler
Necas does not change the dynamic of this team trading Huston for him with the thought that Xhekaj is the reason you're doing it is foolish. At the end of the day the habs need a real #1 C and two of Guhle Reinbacher or Hutson to hit big.

Well Suzuki is on pace for 75 pts and is an amazing two-way center playing some of the hardest minutes everynight... but yeah, the habs' biggest need is a #1C.
4 avr. à 9 h 10
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,466
Honest question, why is Necas so highly regarded on this site? He has been around for 5 years and put up more than 60 points once (last year) and isn't likely to hit it this year. That one year in 5 seems like an outlier, I wouldn't be willing to trade a potential Makar/Fox/Hughes type for a winger who averages 50 points. I would be hard pressed to pay a top 20 pick for him, maybe the Jets pick and a 3rd but certainly not more than that.
4 avr. à 9 h 47
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,047
Funny enough, Hutson probably doesn't interest Carolina. He's a worse Nikishin... easy no
4 avr. à 10 h 27
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 274
Montreal should not do this, and Carolina will not do this. Both teams mutually retreat.
4 avr. à 10 h 40
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,924
Quoting: MTLaveragefan
I think Hutson has what Guhle and Xhekaj don't... that's why we keep him.

We can find a "Necas" on the market - finding a Hutson is INCREDIBLY rare and they go for crazy prices.

I'm going to disagree with with statement. And believe me, I'm a fan of the Holland MI native! I hope for his sake and MTL, he turns into a Quinn Hughes! The single EASIEST prospect to find these days is the undersized puck moving Dman. And that's BY FAR the easiest. Is he special amongst that group. I'm more agreeable with that...AND...is this situation in MTL perfect for his development. Yes absolutely. So maybe this is a technicality, but it's not easy to find Necas. It is easy to find an undersized puck moving dman. For his sake and MTL I hope he turns into a Quinn Hughes, but he could just as easily turn into a Ghost, Barrie, Erik Gustafsson.
4 avr. à 10 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Serious armchairGM:)
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 36
Great dialogue.

I’m not saying Wifi is the reason you trade Hutson but I am saying that building Stanley Cup contenders with small Dmen is very dicey.

Hutson’s age is not the problem obviously, it’s that a small dman developing sufficiently to not be a liability in the defensive zone is asking an enormous amount of him.

I just personally don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze with these stud QBs that anchor your third pair come playoff time. They are amazing AMAZING reg season pieces that are almost too painful to bear come playoff time.

I liked the responses that Necas just simply isn’t worth it. I like big fast forwards like Kempe and Necas. I get that his points don’t pop off the page. I think he could anchor a top six line as a centre much like Elias Lindholm was forced to do for the Flames.

Left Canes as a winger, similar career path.

If it’s not Necas, I just wonder out loud which centre with top six potential that plays a strong defensive game with speed is out there to dangle Hutson for? Maybe a team with cap constraints. Maybe a team desperate for a QB that is ok with the playoff liability. It’s a fun thought experiment.

If I can think of another besides Necas, I’ll post it.

Actually maybe Anton Lundell and Spencer Knight are an interesting package to target. That would be a blockbuster and a half. Gallagher or Anderson at half retained would sure look good down there as part of making the cap hits closer.
4 avr. à 10 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Serious armchairGM:)
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 36
Quoting: exo2769
I'm going to disagree with with statement. And believe me, I'm a fan of the Holland MI native! I hope for his sake and MTL, he turns into a Quinn Hughes! The single EASIEST prospect to find these days is the undersized puck moving Dman. And that's BY FAR the easiest. Is he special amongst that group. I'm more agreeable with that...AND...is this situation in MTL perfect for his development. Yes absolutely. So maybe this is a technicality, but it's not easy to find Necas. It is easy to find an undersized puck moving dman. For his sake and MTL I hope he turns into a Quinn Hughes, but he could just as easily turn into a Ghost, Barrie, Erik Gustafsson.

This is the thing that makes GMing in real life so so hard. The 10% chance that he’s Quinn Hughes is why you hold him. But then his first two to four years really hurt you either way. And the 80% chance he’s decent but a defensive liability is just too high a percentage to ignore. Especially with so much talent coming on that Montreal blue line. Logan Mailloux would be the kind of stud future QB that most fanbases would be drooling over. And he’s almost an after thought in the Habs’ team design.

I would be targeting Necas personally. But any big fast forward that is in the right age bracket that is cost controlled for years is a good enough piece to grab for Hutson IMO. This team is right there as a contender. So close. Such great pieces. I wouldn’t gamble on the 10% chance that Hutson is Quinn Hughes. I wouldn’t even do it if it’s a 49% chance.

If it’s a 75% chance like most Habs fans seem to expect than yeah, I’m way out to lunch!
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
4 avr. à 14 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 287
Quoting: MTLaveragefan
Well Suzuki is on pace for 75 pts and is an amazing two-way center playing some of the hardest minutes everynight... but yeah, the habs' biggest need is a #1C.

Suzuki is very good but teams that are consistently playoff contenders usually have two first line Cs or 1 very elite and several other very good wings
4 avr. à 15 h 15
I post sometimes
Quoting: Schuyler
Suzuki is very good but teams that are consistently playoff contenders usually have two first line Cs or 1 very elite and several other very good wings

Lets give Dach a chance, then we'll speak.

He's not a top 10 first C - but he is one.

The thing is that some teams are hoarders of 1#C (EDM with Drai and McJesus - Crosby and MAlkin)

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage