SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(CGY/PHI/VGK) - Hanifin for for Miromanov, 2024 5th (VGK), 2025 1st (VGK), 2025 3rd (VGK)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

7 mars à 7 h 13
JT Miller for Hart
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 715
I think this is fair value for Hanifin. He had some sway in where he went, but CGY still got a 1st and a possible 2nd. I’m calling fair deal.
JayTea a aimé ceci.
7 mars à 8 h 3
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,458
My benchmark for a fair deal on Noah Hanifin was a 1st + two 2nds.

The Flames secured the 1st.

The question I have is this:

Is two 2nds worth more or less than Miromanov + a 3rd that upgrades to a 2nd if Vegas wins a playoff round ??

IMO, it is worth more.

This is a home run for the reigning Stanley Cup Champions.

Vegas wins the trade.

As for the Flyers, this trade was a wash for them.
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
7 mars à 8 h 27
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
How much spare change will they pull out this time to pay him?
7 mars à 8 h 30
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386
Fair deal, Vegas's D gets that much better and Calgary gets a 1st and 2nd (okay technically 3rd but I doubt Vegas doesn't win round 1) + Miromanov
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
7 mars à 8 h 45
I am not Score
Rejoint: janv. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 21
Quoting: BigVuVu
another circumvention, wonder if league will ever do something about it.
1st and 2nd for Hanifin, Calgary wins

Many teams are using "circumvention" which includes Colorado, Toronto, Edmonton, Montreal, etc. The owners are never going to "fix" it cuz it's a feature and they're using it to.
7 mars à 9 h 18
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,386
Quoting: AfghaniMalkin
Many teams are using "circumvention" which includes Colorado, Toronto, Edmonton, Montreal, etc. The owners are never going to "fix" it cuz it's a feature and they're using it to.

LTIR itself isn't circumvention, there are plenty of legitimate players who are injured long term who deserve to be placed on LTIR, Muzzin, Backstrom, Poolman and Klingberg's careers are possibly done, Seabrook and Price's careers are done, who knows when someone like Landeskog, Chytil, Hamilton, etc come back if at all this year. The problems are more guys who come back exactly for day 1 of the playoffs after being on LTIR for a certain amount of time which just screams guy was healthy before but we didn't have the cap space to activate them
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
7 mars à 9 h 37
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,064
I'll never understand people who comment that a GM "should have gotten so much more", like Calgary went through the effort of talking to multiple teams and decided "I think I'll take the worst offer on the table". This was apparently the best offer available and they managed to get a 1st+ for a player they were going to lose for nothing. Vegas gets an upgrade and Philly gets a pick for cap space they weren't going to use. Seems like a fair deal all around to me.
7 mars à 9 h 50
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 303
Considering they'll be set on D for the next couple of years (assuming he gets extended), this was a pretty small price to pay for Vegas. Calgary could have gotten an additional asset IMO.

Pietrangelo looks exhausted and overworked this season, so Hanifin should make life easier on him.
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
7 mars à 10 h 3
Holly Knows Best
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 33
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
He_Can27t_Keep_Getting_Away_With_It_banner.png?ex=65fbb17f&is=65e93c7f&hm=a6d3dcbd1bcc68e260ff7b3085acb270bc53d036b85ed143e9fe4ac5e11979c8&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=859&height=482

Look this Thread! This is Perfect. Nothing else needed
7 mars à 10 h 16
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,948
I remember when I had an argument with multiple Flames fans telling me Hanifin was a lock for 2 1sts...

How the tables have turned
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
7 mars à 12 h 16
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,733
He should have cost more but I guess that was the market. This has been an odd TDL so far.
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
7 mars à 13 h 41
Rejoint: mars 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 42
Quoting: AfghaniMalkin

other teams are not as shameless in that as vegas or tampa
8 mars à 17 h 10
So the Hertl acquisition is why the extension hasn't been announced. It would put them at around 84M committed to the cap for next year.
8 mars à 17 h 26
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 269
Quoting: MGK
So the Hertl acquisition is why the extension hasn't been announced. It would put them at around 84M committed to the cap for next year.

It looks like they are going to have to choose between hanifin or stephenson unless they are somehow able to put Lehner on LTIR all of next year or terminate the contract somehow?
8 mars à 17 h 26
other teams are not as shameless in that as vegas or tampa

dont forget chicago for being the ones to start this whole mess in 2015
8 mars à 17 h 28
Quoting: LordStanlersCup
It looks like they are going to have to choose between hanifin or stephenson unless they are somehow able to put Lehner on LTIR all of next year or terminate the contract somehow?

There's a 10% cap cushion that kicks in a few weeks after the TDL I think. You're allowed to spend to that until the new cap # is announced. I think the Hanifin contract is already agreed upon.

Stephenson is likely gone unless he takes a major discount.
8 mars à 17 h 31
Quoting: MGK
There's a 10% cap cushion that kicks in a few weeks after the TDL I think. You're allowed to spend to that until the new cap # is announced. I think the Hanifin contract is already agreed upon.

I just meant for next season once their roster his healthy again it looks like they are only going to be able to keep one of hanifin or stephenson unless Lehners contract is terminated or he is put on LTIR. Im not even sure why he is out right now, is it because he is hurt or still dealing with problems from the legal trouble?
8 mars à 17 h 35
I just meant for next season once their roster his healthy again it looks like they are only going to be able to keep one of hanifin or stephenson unless Lehners contract is terminated or he is put on LTIR. Im not even sure why he is out right now, is it because he is hurt or still dealing with problems from the legal trouble?

He's physically broken down like Ben Bishop was. He had surgery last summer and the team said they hadn't heard from him.
8 mars à 17 h 40
dont forget chicago for being the ones to start this whole mess in 2015

I don't pretty much care about Blackhawks, golden retrievers are doing it for a second time in a row and will get away with that which is a joke
8 mars à 17 h 51
I don't pretty much care about Blackhawks, golden retrievers are doing it for a second time in a row and will get away with that which is a joke

? but they are the ones who invented this and found out that this was legal... it literally won them a cup
8 mars à 17 h 56
? but they are the ones who invented this and found out that this was legal... it literally won them a cup

this may be legal by league standards, but that's morally illegal. That's cheating, period
8 mars à 18 h 4
this may be legal by league standards, but that's morally illegal. That's cheating, period

yes thats my point if you dont like it when vegas and tampa did it then why would you condone chicago doing it?
8 mars à 18 h 16
yes thats my point if you dont like it when vegas and tampa did it then why would you condone chicago doing it?

I didn't say Chicago didn't cheat, neither I'm defending them. But because of one player I just don't care.

Also Chicago didn't brag about that like tampa with kucherov and t-shirts
8 mars à 18 h 58
I didn't say Chicago didn't cheat, neither I'm defending them. But because of one player I just don't care.

Also Chicago didn't brag about that like tampa with kucherov and t-shirts

what does "because of one player mean"?
8 mars à 19 h 56
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
I’m getting annoyed by all these people claiming teams trading rentals are getting fleeced. When trading a rental, you can’t expect to get back anything worth anywhere near as much as the guy you’re trading. That’s not how it works. It’s attractive to the other team only because they can get him at a fraction of his value. The only way to get equal value would be to trade him for another rental, which only makes sense if you think you have a better chance of signing the guy you trade for.

Most top rentals get traded for a late 1st-round draft pick (late because you’re normally dealing with a playoff team), plus another one or two less valuable assets such as later picks or roster players who need to be moved to clear cap space. I don’t know much about Miromanov, but based on the contract extension, Calgary thinks he’s a full-time NHL player. That makes him more valuable than a 2nd-round pick, because most of those don’t become full-time NHL players. The fact that, unlike a draft pick, they don’t have to wait for him to develop is also worth something. So Calgary got a 1st, a 3rd that has about a 50% chance of becoming a 2nd, and a player who’s probably worth at least somewhere between a 1st and a 2nd. That’s an excellent return for a rental of any caliber. The only thing you can rightfully criticize is that Conroy accepted a 1st in 2026 instead of 2024. (I suspect Vegas didn’t want to trade their 2024 1st-round pick because they’re hosting the draft, so they’ll pick somebody and trade him later.) If there’s any consolation for that, it looks like it’s unprotected, so if Vegas falls out of the playoffs by then, it could turn out to be a much better pick than any 2024 pick they might have got instead.
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage