Forums/Armchair-GM

Parayko and Jensen

Créé par: Jenkins1
Équipe: 2023-24 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 29 févr. 2024
Publié: 29 févr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I don’t know about you guys but I think this would be a fair package for parayko, even thought it might take Cowan instead of minten to get him and I’m aware the Jensen trade wouldn’t be enough but it’s pretty hard to make trades with a team with no assets and trying not to trade guys off the roster
Transactions
TOR
  1. Parayko, Colton (3 250 000 $ retained)
STL
  1. Minten, Fraser
  2. Timmins, Conor
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (NYI)
  5. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Jensen, Nick (2 025 000 $ retained)
WSH
  1. Hirvonen, Roni
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (TOR)
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2026 (TOR)
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de CGY
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2183 500 000 $82 006 450 $0 $0 $1 493 550 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 2
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 2
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
3 550 000 $3 550 000 $
G
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Capitals de Washington
2 025 000 $2 025 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
875 000 $875 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
29 févr. à 20 h 5
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,421
You want 3.25m of retention for 7 years on top of that huh
jazzykiwi a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 20 h 21
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,221
The retention is ridiculous but without it, he’s vastly overpaid. Given his age, level of play, lack of offense, and massive ticket ($ & term) - not a legitimate target for Leafs imo
29 févr. à 20 h 34
Mentions "j'aime": 484
Quoting: MitchJr
The retention is ridiculous but without it, he’s vastly overpaid. Given his age, level of play, lack of offense, and massive ticket ($ & term) - not a legitimate target for Leafs imo

Find another defenseman to skate 24 min a night then. Good luck getting it cheaper.
noted et AC14 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 20 h 45
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,418
The chance of St. Louis retaining $19.5 million plus is the same as my winning the Powerball.
29 févr. à 20 h 53
Fantasy Hockey Pro
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,284
If you want 2.5 years of 50% retention on a top 4 RHD it costs a first round pick plus.
29 févr. à 21 h 4
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 934
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
Find another defenseman to skate 24 min a night then. Good luck getting it cheaper.

Mitch is too busy sewing a participation banner for the leafs to hang to understand how nhl player value works
29 févr. à 21 h 13
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,381
Dude, this pathetic offer does not even come within atmospheric range of paying for the retention you are NEVER getting from STL. I'm getting tired of repeating that sentence five times a day.

What are you on about? Why do people pretend to know so much when they clearly do not watch the player?
jazzykiwi a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 21 h 22
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 148
forget minten and a mill retention tops and maybe its worth it. if you're gonna swing on the guy you gotta take on the whole thing
29 févr. à 21 h 30
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,421
Quoting: leaffanio
forget minten and a mill retention tops and maybe its worth it. if you're gonna swing on the guy you gotta take on the whole thing

I'm not sure what you're suggesting here. I can't tell if you're suggesting Parayko with 1m of retention for Timmins, a 1st 3rd and a 4th or what.
29 févr. à 21 h 33
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 236
These trades are awful without retention
29 févr. à 22 h 7
Quoting: mokumboi
Dude, this pathetic offer does not even come within atmospheric range of paying for the retention you are NEVER getting from STL. I'm getting tired of repeating that sentence five times a day.

What are you on about? Why do people pretend to know so much when they clearly do not watch the player?

People are allowed to disagree with you; if Parayko had one year left on his deal I would still not trade for him- too much $ for what he brings. But 30 years old with 7 years left at that ticket - not a chance. In the end - we agree on one thing, you want to keep him & I don’t think the leafs should trade for him 👍
29 févr. à 22 h 32
mokumboi
People are allowed to disagree with you; if Parayko had one year left on his deal I would still not trade for him- too much $ for what he brings. But 30 years old with 7 years left at that ticket - not a chance. In the end - we agree on one thing, you want to keep him & I don’t think the leafs should trade for him 👍

Muh huh. Not sure what the freedom to disagree has to do with anything and the part I responded to had nothing to do with the term. He's not vastly overpaid, he's probably played his best hockey yet this season and saying he has "no offense" is a dead giveaway that a person does not watch him play. If you have any rebuttal to these points, super. I'm all ears.
29 févr. à 22 h 46
Muh huh. Not sure what the freedom to disagree has to do with anything and the part I responded to had nothing to do with the term. He's not vastly overpaid, he's probably played his best hockey yet this season and saying he has "no offense" is a dead giveaway that a person does not watch him play. If you have any rebuttal to these points, super. I'm all ears.

60 goals in 636 career games = lack of offense. You misquoted me. jfresh has him rated in 1% for EV Offence WAR but do tell
29 févr. à 22 h 51
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,120
60 goals in 636 career games = lack of offense. You misquoted me. jfresh has him rated in 1% for EV Offence WAR but do tell

no dog in this fight but saying a defenseman not scoring goals means they're bad offensively is just a fundamental misunderstanding of it. Parayko averages 7.8 G/82 GP at his current career rate. If you think that's a "lack of offense" I can't wait to see what you have to say about Morgan Rielly and his career 8.4 G/82 GP goal-scoring rate.
29 févr. à 23 h 0
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
no dog in this fight but saying a defenseman not scoring goals means they're bad offensively is just a fundamental misunderstanding of it. Parayko averages 7.8 G/82 GP at his current career rate. If you think that's a "lack of offense" I can't wait to see what you have to say about Morgan Rielly and his career 8.4 G/82 GP goal-scoring rate.

Not going to argue with Blues fans all night, you’re entitled to your opinion(s). I’d encourage you to look at advanced offense stats for Parayko & Rielly, but then again I don’t really care if you do 🤷🏻
29 févr. à 23 h 24
mokumboi

Heh. Mea culpa on the misquote. As for the rest, let's start with the almost shocking lack of PP time he gets. Parayko had the same exact amount of 5v5 points as Rielly did last season. Go look it up, 27. Then there's never having a proper top pairing partner. Then there's spending half his 5v5 time carrying 3rd and 4th line forwards against top competition. Also, it must be said he's currently tied for 7th among all Dmen in 5v5 goals. But most of all, offense is not just goals and points. It's pinches (Parayko near elite this season). It's outlet passes and clean skates from D zone to O zone (elite this season in the latter category, much improved in the former). It's also getting the puck safely out of the D zone (near elite again) to go on offense. It's swiping pucks (currently 2nd in the NHL to Makar, who has one more takeaway) to send the team on odd mans (the Blues led the league in rush goals last season and were high up the ranking this season last I checked). Some of these things are on that player card.

There are lots of things that go into offense, especially when talking about Dmen. Parayko doesn't lack offense. He lacks a proper partner that allows him to get on his horse more often. He lacks smarter usage from the interim head coach, as he did from the recent predecessor. He lacks any semblance of PP time unless there's a bad injury crisis - when one happened this season, the Blues scored a PPG with Parayko three straight games. His on-ice PPG/60 places him exactly one spot behind Erik Karlsson. And ahead of J. Carlson, Weegar, Hanifin, Toews, Sanderson, Werenski and others. And remember, that was a sad, sad PP when this short run of PP time occurred. His participation helped kick start a DOA PP. Since his little relief spell on PP1, the Blues have gone 20-67 (30%).

So no, he doesn't lack offense and isn't overpaid and all that jazz. An analytics sheet isn't gospel. Nor is it meant to be.
29 févr. à 23 h 34
Heh. Mea culpa on the misquote. As for the rest, let's start with the almost shocking lack of PP time he gets. Parayko had the same exact amount of 5v5 points as Rielly did last season. Go look it up, 27. Then there's never having a proper top pairing partner. Then there's spending half his 5v5 time carrying 3rd and 4th line forwards against top competition. Also, it must be said he's currently tied for 7th among all Dmen in 5v5 goals. But most of all, offense is not just goals and points. It's pinches (Parayko near elite this season). It's outlet passes and clean skates from D zone to O zone (elite this season in the latter category, much improved in the former). It's also getting the puck safely out of the D zone (near elite again) to go on offense. It's swiping pucks (currently 2nd in the NHL to Makar, who has one more takeaway) to send the team on odd mans (the Blues led the league in rush goals last season and were high up the ranking this season last I checked). Some of these things are on that player card.

There are lots of things that go into offense, especially when talking about Dmen. Parayko doesn't lack offense. He lacks a proper partner that allows him to get on his horse more often. He lacks smarter usage from the interim head coach, as he did from the recent predecessor. He lacks any semblance of PP time unless there's a bad injury crisis - when one happened this season, the Blues scored a PPG with Parayko three straight games. His on-ice PPG/60 places him exactly one spot behind Erik Karlsson. And ahead of J. Carlson, Weegar, Hanifin, Toews, Sanderson, Werenski and others. And remember, that was a sad, sad PP when this short run of PP time occurred. His participation helped kick start a DOA PP. Since his little relief spell on PP1, the Blues have gone 20-67 (30%).

So no, he doesn't lack offense and isn't overpaid and all that jazz. An analytics sheet isn't gospel. Nor is it meant to be.

An analytics sheet - far from perfect, but based on objective data - has him ranked in first percentile for offense but we’re supposed to take your apparently informed & objective analysis of what offense from the defensive position means instead. Thanks, but no thanks . And I don’t really care what you think - no offense; you’re not going to convince me that Parayko is worth his contract or worth trading for but I’m good with that. Everyone entitled to their opinion
1 mars à 0 h 6
mokumboi
An analytics sheet - far from perfect, but based on objective data - has him ranked in first percentile for offense but we’re supposed to take your apparently informed & objective analysis of what offense from the defensive position means instead. Thanks, but no thanks . And I don’t really care what you think - no offense; you’re not going to convince me that Parayko is worth his contract or worth trading for but I’m good with that. Everyone entitled to their opinion

Heh. Dude. Analytics are 100% subjective. Do you not realize this? Expected goals are not objective data, they're from a subjective formula. And what's more than that, on-ice stats are not individual stats. There's six people on the ice at a time. Expected goal share is nothing more than expected +/-. That's all it is. And every single stat I offered up in that last comment was objective data. Takeaways, 5v5 goals, zone exit/entry percentages, on-ice PPG/60. All objective data. Unlike analytics. Which are the opposite of objective data.

So great, enjoy your analytics. Just maybe actually understand what you're looking at first.
1 mars à 5 h 58
Heh. Dude. Analytics are 100% subjective. Do you not realize this? Expected goals are not objective data, they're from a subjective formula. And what's more than that, on-ice stats are not individual stats. There's six people on the ice at a time. Expected goal share is nothing more than expected +/-. That's all it is. And every single stat I offered up in that last comment was objective data. Takeaways, 5v5 goals, zone exit/entry percentages, on-ice PPG/60. All objective data. Unlike analytics. Which are the opposite of objective data.

So great, enjoy your analytics. Just maybe actually understand what you're looking at first.

You’re a hero, we need more ‘teachers’ of the game like you 😅
1 mars à 9 h 49
mokumboi
You’re a hero, we need more ‘teachers’ of the game like you 😅

Dude, you don;t even understand that analytics are fully subjective. It's not objective data. At all.
1 mars à 9 h 56
Dude, you don;t even understand that analytics are fully subjective. It's not objective data. At all.

Bud - you’re ‘advancedmetricsplaining’ in a public forum 😂. I’ve tried to be polite because I truly believe everyone is entitled to an opinion and we all love hockey … but let me be frank. I don’t care what you think
1 mars à 10 h 28
mokumboi
Bud - you’re ‘advancedmetricsplaining’ in a public forum 😂. I’ve tried to be polite because I truly believe everyone is entitled to an opinion and we all love hockey … but let me be frank. I don’t care what you think

Heh. Yeeees, so very polite. tears of joy

It's like you don't understand what words mean. Have a good one.
1 mars à 10 h 34
Heh. Yeeees, so very polite. tears of joy

It's like you don't understand what words mean. Have a good one.

Keep ‘educating’ everyone; very magnanimous of you to volunteer your expertise, even when not requested #hero.
1 mars à 10 h 37
mokumboi
Keep ‘educating’ everyone; very magnanimous of you to volunteer your expertise, even when not requested #hero.

You do know how open discussion forums work, right? When someone says something inaccurate, it's quite common for others to correct it. And if you're lucky, with actual objective data. By all means, you stay willfully blissful. More power to ya. Just don't expect everyone else to play along with your custom Dunning-Kruger reality. Because that would be weird.
1 mars à 10 h 56
You do know how open discussion forums work, right? When someone says something inaccurate, it's quite common for others to correct it. And if you're lucky, with actual objective data. By all means, you stay willfully blissful. More power to ya. Just don't expect everyone else to play along with your custom Dunning-Kruger reality. Because that would be weird.

You’re a beaut. We disagree on Parayko’s value - no problem there. I point out that independent party - using data (objective) based model, understanding the algorithms underpinning model are written by human beings so there is some subjectivity on how they weight / place value on the data - supports my argument.
But suddenly all 3rd party advanced stats models are subjective & worthless? And since I don’t share that opinion - nor your opinion that Parayko is worth his contract - I live in the alternate reality.
I think you need to check yourself - you’re entitled to your opinion but you’re not a hockey expert (imo) so my advice - layoff the pontificating.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage