8 days away

Créé par: jeremyttowne
Équipe: 2023-24 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 29 févr. 2024
Publié: 29 févr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Let's break down the trades:

VAN: I think this deal actually could get done. Vancouver gets an experienced playoff performer who is good on both sides of the puck. Pittsburgh gets a younger guy (younger than Smith) that can play in the top six. I understand a lot of Canuck fans want Guentzel, but with Pettersson nearing an extension, it'd be unlikely that they could resign Guentzel. This move gives them a middle six winger, who can play well for them in the playoffs, without losing their best picks and prospects. Good deal for both parties, I'd say.

DAL: The big behemoth. As much as I'd like to just resign Guentzel, I'm just not sure it's in the cards. In this trade, the Penguins get a stud in Maverik Bourque, an up and comer in Nils Lundkvist, and a man who needs no introduction, Jani Hakanpaa. Throw in a first rounder too. It's a lot, but I wouldn't consider Guentz a rental for them, as a deal could certainly get done due to the amount of cap space they have next year. Both Bourque and Lundkvist could really make an impact on this team in the long run. Hakanpaa is more of a rental for our suffering blue line. Not to mention, Pittsburgh gets a first round selection in this year's draft.

LAK: This deal could happen with a variety of teams, but I chose Los Angeles because I like Rittich. I certainly think if the Penguins retain half of Ned's salary, it could easily return a second for teams in need of goaltending. The Kings are one of those teams. Although Rittich has shown some streaks of good play, Nedeljkovic could bring more consistency to the crease for LA. Pittsburgh should take advantage of Ned's trade value while they can.

Smith, Guentzel, and Nedeljkovic are probably Pittsburgh's biggest trade assets (besides the core). Dubas should really take calls on these guys, because the return just might be worth it. The Penguins are certainly on the outside looking in for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. But, with games in hand and the recent play, it shouldn't be a firesale for Pittsburgh. I think Dubas will be able to make calculated moves that make this team younger and still give them a shot at making the playoffs. At the very least, the Penguins should shop Smith and Nedeljkovic.

The moves in this ACGM replenish future picks for the Penguins, which is critical if this team wants to win in the future. It sucks parting ways with Guentzel, but sometimes you have to put the future of your team first. This does not entail giving up on the season whatsoever. This team can definitely still make a run down the stretch. Let me know what you guys think about these trades!
Transactions
PIT
  1. Mikheyev, Ilya
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (VAN)
PIT
  1. Bourque, Mavrik
  2. Hakanpää, Jani
  3. Lundkvist, Nils
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (DAL)
DAL
  1. Guentzel, Jake (3 000 000 $ retained)
PIT
  1. Rittich, David
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (LAK)
LAK
  1. Nedeljkovic, Alex (750 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de DAL
Logo de PIT
Logo de VAN
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NYR
Logo de PIT
Logo de LAK
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $82 629 342 $0 $0 $870 658 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
C
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
5 375 000 $5 375 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
875 000 $875 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Logo de Stars de Dallas
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
29 févr. à 18 h 23
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 26
Probably a no for the Stars, taking both Nils and Hakanpää leave the stars with only one RHD in Tanev. Reports are they are looking to add another RHD, not get rid of the few they already have. Also, re-signing Guentzel will make things tricky for their cap situation going forward
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 18 h 23
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,215
David Rittich is playing just as well as Nedeljkovic right now. Why are the Kings adding here?
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 18 h 24
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 93
Honestly, I feel like this is far more realistic from Vancouver's end than the hope of getting Guentzal. I also like this more. The likelihood of being able to sign Guentzal seems low for Vancouver, so the price that they would have to pay could be risky. Also, teams that historically go heavily all in, don't actually fair that well consistently.

Adding depth and experience parts (e.g. see Lehkonen and Manson on the Avs, or Barbashev on VGK) seems to be far more effective.

Long story short, I'd love this for Van.
jeremyttowne a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 18 h 26
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 445
Kings laugh at that and hang up the phone. Ned has one good season as a starter 2 decent seasons as a back and 3 bad seasons as a backup does not justify a 2nd round pick. Rittich has played 9 seasons 2 as a starter 7 as a backup and only 2 of those were sub 900 seasons so Rittich holds way more value than Ned.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 18 h 30
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,730
The Kings aren't going to invest a second on the hope that "Nedeljkovic could bring more consistency to the crease for LA." Besides, Rittich has been pretty consistently good.
jeremyttowne et edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 18 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 8
Quoting: Jim_N1ll
Probably a no for the Stars, taking both Nils and Hakanpää leave the stars with only one RHD in Tanev. Reports are they are looking to add another RHD, not get rid of the few they already have. Also, re-signing Guentzel will make things tricky for their cap situation going forward

I can get down with a different prospect/pick instead of Lundkvist. Something the Penguins do need now though is a third pairing defenseman with a right shot. Personally, I think Hakanpaa is a must for this deal.
29 févr. à 18 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: tkecanuck341
David Rittich is playing just as well as Nedeljkovic right now. Why are the Kings adding here?

I didn't say this deal had to be done with the Kings. I chose the Kings because I know Rittich could play for us without much of a drop off from Ned and they had a 2nd rd pick in 2025, a spot which is vacant for the Penguins.
29 févr. à 18 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Hckeydude123
Kings laugh at that and hang up the phone. Ned has one good season as a starter 2 decent seasons as a back and 3 bad seasons as a backup does not justify a 2nd round pick. Rittich has played 9 seasons 2 as a starter 7 as a backup and only 2 of those were sub 900 seasons so Rittich holds way more value than Ned.

The notion that Rittich holds way more value than Alex Nedeljkovic is preposterous. I guarantee a team would be willing to pay a second round pick for Ned. I acknowledge that it will probably not be the Kings. But there is no chance in hell David Rittich is more valueable than Alex Nedeljkovic.
jfkst1 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 18 h 49
Quoting: jeremyttowne
I didn't say this deal had to be done with the Kings. I chose the Kings because I know Rittich could play for us without much of a drop off from Ned and they had a 2nd rd pick in 2025, a spot which is vacant for the Penguins.

The notion that Rittich holds way more value than Alex Nedeljkovic is preposterous. I guarantee a team would be willing to pay a second round pick for Ned. I acknowledge that it will probably not be the Kings. But there is no chance in hell David Rittich is more valueable than Alex Nedeljkovic.

I don't think either goaltender has more value. If anything, they're both pending UFAs performing similarly and would be a 1-for-1 swap. I don't see why either team would be expected to add.
Hckeydude123 et jeremyttowne a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 18 h 50

Ok maybe "way more" was slightly exaggerated, however Rittich+2nd is big time over payment for a guy with twice the cap hit and both guys with almost identical stats playing just as good as the other.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 18 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Ok maybe "way more" was slightly exaggerated, however Rittich+2nd is big time over payment for a guy with twice the cap hit and both guys with almost identical stats playing just as good as the other.

I would agree with the overpayment part. But to be fair, Pittsburgh would retain 50% of Ned's salary, and he is younger by 3 years.
29 févr. à 18 h 58
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 387
Quoting: Jim_N1ll
Probably a no for the Stars, taking both Nils and Hakanpää leave the stars with only one RHD in Tanev. Reports are they are looking to add another RHD, not get rid of the few they already have.

Chad Ruhwedel is your guy then.
jeremyttowne a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 19 h 0
I would agree with the overpayment part. But to be fair, Pittsburgh would retain 50% of Ned's salary, and he is younger by 3 years.

Assuming this would be at the TDL, 26 games of Ned at 750k is not worth Rittich and a 2nd. Considering both guys re playing at the same level right now Kings would not be willing to give up a 2nd to save 100k in salary and get a head start at signing him next season. Would rather keep the 2nd and if they are interested in Ned take a run at him in the off season.
29 févr. à 19 h 11

Rittich only makes $875k, so the net salary difference would be the pro-rated portion of $100k, or roughly $21k.

I don't think the difference between age 28 and 31 for a rental makes any difference here. If there was term remaining on either contract, that could potentially be a factor.

There's no compelling reason for either team to make this trade. Pittsburgh could move him somewhere that doesn't have a similarly performing goaltender and get a pick, and LA isn't looking to swap out their goaltender that is playing well.
29 févr. à 20 h 11
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 956

Quoting: OldNYIfan
The Kings aren't going to invest a second on the hope that "Nedeljkovic could bring more consistency to the crease for LA." Besides, Rittich has been pretty consistently good.

I don't think either goaltender has more value. If anything, they're both pending UFAs performing similarly and would be a 1-for-1 swap. I don't see why either team would be expected to add.

Rittich only makes $875k, so the net salary difference would be the pro-rated portion of $100k, or roughly $21k.

I don't think the difference between age 28 and 31 for a rental makes any difference here. If there was term remaining on either contract, that could potentially be a factor.

There's no compelling reason for either team to make this trade. Pittsburgh could move him somewhere that doesn't have a similarly performing goaltender and get a pick, and LA isn't looking to swap out their goaltender that is playing well.

I know I quoted many but there is some rational that hasn't been addressed. Ned does have playoff experience and has several seasons of above average play. Rittich has 2 very bad playoff games and this is by far is best season. Based on that, they are not equivalent. Maybe a 2nd is too much but a 3rd would be appropriate (or a 2nd to Pit and a 4th to LA)
29 févr. à 20 h 15
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Victor24
I know I quoted many but there is some rational that hasn't been addressed. Ned does have playoff experience and has several seasons of above average play. Rittich has 2 very bad playoff games and this is by far is best season. Based on that, they are not equivalent. Maybe a 2nd is too much but a 3rd would be appropriate (or a 2nd to Pit and a 4th to LA)

If you think that a miniscule sample of playoff experience three and four seasons ago with different teams has relevance today, you're grasping at straws.
29 févr. à 20 h 17

Jack Campbell has 3 seasons of NHL playoff experience as well and 2 of those 3 he played really really well. Does that mean he has trade value? When all things are accounted for not just playoff experience Ned doesn't stack up well enough to Rittich. So using playoff experience only is a bad reason to justify why he with worth Rittich+2nd.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 20 h 33

Honestly, there's not enough upside there to even warrant a 1-for-1 swap. The Kings will stick with the goalie that has proven that he can play well behind their team.

If they've lost confidence in Talbot, I could see a Talbot for Nedeljkovic swap being desirable (in which case the Kings may be inclined to add), but Talbot has a NTC and would likely veto that trade.
29 févr. à 22 h 47
If you think that a miniscule sample of playoff experience three and four seasons ago with different teams has relevance today, you're grasping at straws.

9 games of 2 GAA and 930 SV% is worth more than 2 games of 9 GAA and 667 SV%. Ned has shown to be a very good backup. Rittich has not.
29 févr. à 23 h 0
Once a Kings Fan Too
9 games of 2 GAA and 930 SV% is worth more than 2 games of 9 GAA and 667 SV%. Ned has shown to be a very good backup. Rittich has not.

You completely ignored my point, probably because you had no honest answer to it.

Recent results bear more significance than results from 3 and 4 seasons ago.

In his backup role, Rittich has gone 9-4-3 with one shutout and a 0.914 save percentage (same as Nedeljkovic) and a 2.32 goals against average (better than Nedeljkovic). How in the F***ing world is that not being "a very good backup"?!?!?

Your homer bias blinds you.
29 févr. à 23 h 6
Jack Campbell has 3 seasons of NHL playoff experience as well and 2 of those 3 he played really really well. Does that mean he has trade value? When all things are accounted for not just playoff experience Ned doesn't stack up well enough to Rittich. So using playoff experience only is a bad reason to justify why he with worth Rittich+2nd.

I didn't say "only" playoff experience. He has playoff experience AND several seasons of above average play. Here are their seasons by GSAA / 60, 5v5 (min 15 games on a season)
Ned:
2023: 0.150
2022: -0.232
2021: 0.065
2020: 0.503
2019: N/A
So Ned has 1 great season, 1 average season, 1 poor season, and this year (good season)

Rittich
2023: 0.398
2022: 0.020
2021: -0.331
2020: -0.188
2019: -0.162
2018: 0.295
2017: -0.310
Rittich has 2 good seasons, 1 average season, 4 poor seasons.

Of those two men, I prefer the guy with less bad seasons on his resume.
29 févr. à 23 h 7
You completely ignored my point, probably because you had no honest answer to it.

Recent results bear more significance than results from 3 and 4 seasons ago.

In his backup role, Rittich has gone 9-4-3 with one shutout and a 0.914 save percentage (same as Nedeljkovic) and a 2.32 goals against average (better than Nedeljkovic). How in the F***ing world is that not being "a very good backup"?!?!?

Your homer bias blinds you.

Because it is one season. Look at the post above.

Do you think Rittich has taken a huge step forward at 31? If so, perhaps it is your homer bias.
29 févr. à 23 h 10
Honestly, there's not enough upside there to even warrant a 1-for-1 swap. The Kings will stick with the goalie that has proven that he can play well behind their team.

If they've lost confidence in Talbot, I could see a Talbot for Nedeljkovic swap being desirable (in which case the Kings may be inclined to add), but Talbot has a NTC and would likely veto that trade.

That is probably the biggest delta and 100% true.

Still based on age and overall stats, Ned is better than Rittich.
1 mars à 3 h 55
That is probably the biggest delta and 100% true.

Still based on age and overall stats, Ned is better than Rittich.

Then Pittsburgh should keep him.
1 mars à 8 h 30
Then Pittsburgh should keep him.

They probably will. Unless they get a really good offer or lose the next handful of games.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage