Forums/Armchair-GM

BLAME ARMSTRONG

Créé par: A_K
Équipe: 2024-25 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 23 févr. 2024
Publié: 29 févr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is not gonna be my best rant but I'm so sick of this dude.

A potato with a checkbook could have put together this defense:

Dunn (7.35) - Pietrangelo (8.80)
Walman (3.40) - Parayko (6.50)
Edmundson (1.75) - Bortuzzo (0.95)

Instead we have a completely useless group of bozos for the same money.

Everyone and their mother knew Schenn isn't gonna age well. Army walked away from Backes and should've done the same with Schenner. Ope now he's our captain, and he's going no where for 4 more years despite already being a liability in the top 9 and on special teams. We could've signed ROR for less money and fewer years, but he had to go super early on Schenn's 8-yr extension when the future of the team was directionless. Did the same with Parayko, who was a broken player as the ink was drying on that 8 yr deal. And now that he's seemingly playing well enough that teams would be interested, he's gonna hang onto him and try to keep winning games with the bozo brigade that surrounds #55 on the blue line.

Dude starts the retool and smartly picks up some draft picks. Then proceeds to draft high floor, low ceiling guys that will probably top out as 3rd liners and 3rd pair guys (with the exception of Dvorsky, but he's still not a home run of a prospect like you can get with a 10oa). Used the late picks on a bunch of boring guys that will never be NHLers. Whoopee I can feel the excitement brewing! I will not slander Pekarcik but every other pick was a total yawn.

Then he takes flyers on some low-risk, high-reward guys and NONE of them pan out. Vrana looked great for a flash and now he's an AHL bum, Kapanen should be there too, Hayes has 1 goal and 3 pts in his last 26 GP. 2 more years on his deal which is an overpay somehow even though he got him at half price. I haven't even heard Sammy Blais name on the broadcast in months, is he even on the team?

Says a rebuild isn't fair to fans because they don't deserve 8-10 years of losing while simultaneously anchoring the roster with immovable contracts and declining players... I have a feeling the losing is gonna happen regardless, unless he can magically make bad players disappear and star players show up without getting top 5 draft picks.

I know some Blues fans are gonna critique this by saying we have high end prospects and it's not so bad. But once you get past Dvo and Snuggerud, all I see is hopefuls and depth guys. Theo Lindstein had a great WJC but he's still tracking to be a Gunnarsson 2.0. Stenberg demoted to 2nd tier Swedish league while his countrymates taken later than him are doing better in SHL, yay! Maybe he'll be a 3rd liner in 5 years. Quinton Burns won't even get an ELC, taken one pick before Hunter Brzusteweicz who will have more pts this season than Burns will finish his whole OHL career with. Gotta have sandpaper, it's so valuable and hard to find! As he trades Bortuzzo for a 7th round pick.

The ONLY things Doug has gotten right since July 2019... Thomas extension, Buch trade, 2023 deadline. 3 out of how many decisions? Not a great %. Can't wait to see buffoonery that comes next. He keeps saying he needs to leave the organization better than it was when he started. Good luck buddy. Genuinely thanks for the 2019 Stanley Cup but it's hard to comprehend that it was the same guy pulling the strings to make that team when you see what he's done since.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
2950 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
1900 000 $
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de STL
Logo de NYR
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de NYI
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 700 000 $75 698 095 $0 $412 500 $12 001 905 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 7
950 000 $950 000 $
AD, C
RFA
835 833 $835 833 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 4
8 125 000 $8 125 000 $
AD
UFA - 7
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance412 500 $$412K)
AG
RFA - 2
3 571 429 $3 571 429 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
852 500 $852 500 $
C
RFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 6
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
G
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
C
RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
29 févr. à 14 h 11
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 766
To be fair, Pietrangelos extension would likely have had to be higher than the 8.8m for income taxes and his net income. Granted it would be like signing him at 10m which I’m sure most blue fans wouldn’t have minded after bringing you the cup. Also Bozo Brigade had me howling lol
DangleCat a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 14 h 11
NoCupsForCanada
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 557
The bungling of the Blue's blueline post 2019 cup is almost incomprehensible. Petro should have had a statue outside Enterprise Center. Instead, he's going to have one in Vegas for raising the cup there. Its just sad. Blues could have really had something.
A_K et WJC_Enthusiast a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 14 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,332
Quoting: Mike7856
To be fair, Pietrangelos extension would likely have had to be higher than the 8.8m for income taxes and his net income. Granted it would be like signing him at 10m which I’m sure most blue fans wouldn’t have minded after bringing you the cup.

Could've offered him the 8th year tho, rumors around town are that he would've signed 7.5 x 8 to stay but Armstrong wouldn't give him a full NMC.
HolyJumpin81, Mike7856, WJC_Enthusiast and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 14 h 12
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 242
To be fair, Pietrangelos extension would likely have had to be higher than the 8.8m for income taxes and his net income. Granted it would be like signing him at 10m which I’m sure most blue fans wouldn’t have minded after bringing you the cup.

Rumor was 7.5 would have done it, but it was "philosophical differences" (ie, Doug would give him a NMC)
Mike7856 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 14 h 12
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 766
Quoting: HolyJumpin81
Rumor was 7.5 would have done it, but it was "philosophical differences" (ie, Doug would give him a NMC)

Oof then yeah, I’d be pissed too
HolyJumpin81 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 14 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Oof then yeah, I’d be pissed too

It was the first domino that led us to this mediocre, directionless roster build.
Mike7856 et WJC_Enthusiast a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 14 h 16
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,347
First of all, step back from the ledge about our prospects, buddy. Lindstein is far better than Gunny (who isn't a bad thing btw). Develop is not a straight line, sometimes demotions are just to allow the kid to play top minutes with top responsibilities before he comes back. Dvorsky will again give us two 1Cs, a rare advantage.

As for the defense, I keep saying this, it's not all about "the defense" crew. So much of the blame lies with the forwards it's not funny. Schenn by himself turns the puck over in/at our zone more than all our Dmen besides Krug put together. And when it is the Dmen, it's often not even the D part. It's the puck decisions part. Turning over the puck at our line to give the other team a 2 on 0 or passing straight to their unmarked guy in the slot are not really "D" matters. Puck decisions are the #1 problem plaguing the Blues, both this season and last. We're too cute too often. That's not how we're meant to play. We're not meant to be reckless with the puck and then chase it all night. We need puck control, and this group is way too careless. Silly mistakes with no pressure and everything. Hard to blame the D or the G when they keep getting these impossible situations thrown at them.

If we cannot move Krug, just buy him out prior to UFA day. Grab Forsling. That one change would change SO much. We need to play the offseason smarter than we've played the regular season. Past decisions are gone, we go from here.
HolyJumpin81 et JMSTL2019 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 14 h 19
Heres the thing. Your'e absoluteley correct on a lot of it. I beg to argue something else: the people around him. Peter Freaking Chiarelli is in this mans ear in every video, hes VP for Hockey Operations. The organizational staff has gone way downhill. It is so uncharacteristic of Doug to sign a ton of #2-3s to the same deal. However, I think the cup run doubled down to Doug the idea that the way to win is on depth and not talent, as its always been with Blues hockey. We'll never know why Faulk even got traded here in the first place, but there was a ripple effect on defense to led to what you see today. I do find it frustrating how stubborn these old school GM's can be, and I think thats what worries me. I don't think these old school guys are capable of a rebuild/retool when your entire franchise is run by them or in the case of Chiarelli, bums. All in all it was just death by 1000 cuts that led to what you see today.

Nobody ever talks about the offense tho and how that is lost all its depth and the core aged out, leads only top line talent left. Its clear retool is focused more on offense than defense, as it should in my opinion.
A_K a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 14 h 20
Quoting: mokumboi
First of all, step back from the ledge about our prospects, buddy. Lindstein is far better than Gunny (who isn't a bad thing btw). Develop is not a straight line, sometimes demotions are just to allow the kid to play top minutes with top responsibilities before he comes back. Dvorsky will again give us two 1Cs, a rare advantage.

As for the defense, I keep saying this, it's not all about "the defense" crew. So much of the blame lies with the forwards it's not funny. Schenn by himself turns the puck over in/at our zone more than all our Dmen besides Krug put together. And when it is the Dmen, it's often not even the D part. It's the puck decisions part. Turning over the puck at our line to give the other team a 2 on 0 or passing straight to their unmarked guy in the slot are not really "D" matters. Puck decisions are the #1 problem plaguing the Blues, both this season and last. We're too cute too often. That's not how we're meant to play. We're not meant to be reckless with the puck and then chase it all night. We need puck control, and this group is way too careless. Silly mistakes with no pressure and everything. Hard to blame the D or the G when they keep getting these impossible situations thrown at them.

If we cannot move Krug, just buy him out prior to UFA day. Grab Forsling. That one change would change SO much. We need to play the offseason smarter than we've played the regular season. Past decisions are gone, we go from here.

THANK YOU. Doug literally said 2023 was the cores last dance. Its clear that the weakness is the offense. Honestly watching this team the blue line gets absolutely no help from most of the forwards (besides a few)
mokumboi et JMSTL2019 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 14 h 21
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 119
Yeah, letting Pietrangelo go was shocking. He could've, SHOULD'VE, and I would argue, WOULD'VE gone down in history as a top 5-10 Blues of all time no doubt. I will never understand why Armstrong let him go.
29 févr. à 14 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
First of all, step back from the ledge about our prospects, buddy. Lindstein is far better than Gunny (who isn't a bad thing btw). Develop is not a straight line, sometimes demotions are just to allow the kid to play top minutes with top responsibilities before he comes back.

Lindstein is David Runblad if he isn't Carl Gunnarsson. Maybe I'm exaggerating the prospect part but it's impossible to judge for a few more years. I just don't see much to get hyped about.

You're getting into the weeds when you talk about puck decisions; look at the big picture and tell me that replacing Krug with Forsling is gonna make this team a contender. 3 guys on pace to eclipse 45 pts. 21st in goals, 15th in goals against while getting the absolute max performance from the goalie tandem. Anyone who needs to be moved can decline the trade. This team is stuck in the mud my friend.
29 févr. à 14 h 24
Quoting: A_K
It was the first domino that led us to this mediocre, directionless roster build.

I'd argue it was Faulk. But then again, the reason were in a retool is mainly offense not defense.
29 févr. à 14 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
THANK YOU. Doug literally said 2023 was the cores last dance. Its clear that the weakness is the offense. Honestly watching this team the blue line gets absolutely no help from most of the forwards (besides a few)

Regardless, there was a stronger defense already in place and Army went out of his way to downgrade from Petro/Dunn/Walman to Faulk/Krug/Leddy. The forwards definitely deserve some criticism - and thankfully I do think help is on the way - but this roster construction was never going to work.
29 févr. à 14 h 30
Regardless, there was a stronger defense already in place and Army went out of his way to downgrade from Petro/Dunn/Walman to Faulk/Krug/Leddy. The forwards definitely deserve some criticism - and thankfully I do think help is on the way - but this roster construction was never going to work.

I mean it did in 2022 though, with basically the same defense as now. It was the offensive depth and firepower that once it disintegrated, it was over (Perron, Orielly, Tarasenko, Schenn). Not saying Dougs a genius hes made some horrific mistakes (Petro being the worst), and I agree about the blueline.
29 févr. à 14 h 32
mokumboi
Lindstein is David Runblad if he isn't Carl Gunnarsson. Maybe I'm exaggerating the prospect part but it's impossible to judge for a few more years. I just don't see much to get hyped about.

You're getting into the weeds when you talk about puck decisions; look at the big picture and tell me that replacing Krug with Forsling is gonna make this team a contender. 3 guys on pace to eclipse 45 pts. 21st in goals, 15th in goals against while getting the absolute max performance from the goalie tandem. Anyone who needs to be moved can decline the trade. This team is stuck in the mud my friend.

1 - Dude, what?? No clue what you're missing. I used to think he was a less mean Ekholm. I may have undersold him.

2 - First of all, I did not say that one D change make us a contender. More importantly, puck decisions affect every single thing you mentioned and every single thing you didn't. Handling of the puck touches every aspect of the game, in both directions, PLUS the mental part of the game. Puck decisions are everything. Whether your roster is in a transition phase or contending, puck decisions can make you or doom you. That's not the weeds. That's the forest.
29 févr. à 14 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
1 - Dude, what?? No clue what you're missing. I used to think he was a less mean Ekholm. I may have undersold him.

2 - First of all, I did not say that one D change make us a contender. More importantly, puck decisions affect every single thing you mentioned and every single thing you didn't. Handling of the puck touches every aspect of the game, in both directions, PLUS the mental part of the game. Puck decisions are everything. Whether your roster is in a transition phase or contending, puck decisions can make you or doom you. That's not the weeds. That's the forest.

Ok, if they just made better decisions with the puck, they'd be good. Unfortunately the summation of puck decisions is what equates to the quality of the player, and that's hard to change.

Regardless of how hopeful you are that the roster can transition into something better, is it unfair to say that the GM galaxy-brained the last 5 years? Is he not allowed to receive criticism for his terrible contracts? A rebuild/retool/re-whatever - that was always going to happen in the "window" world that the cap produces - would be much easier if there wasn't a massive amount of money owed to under-performers.
29 févr. à 14 h 48
Rejoint: nov. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 417
I'd argue it was Faulk. But then again, the reason were in a retool is mainly offense not defense.

I would agree that the lack of secondary scoring is the main reason we are not competitive right now, which in my opinion is because

First Line: Gets a little cute sometimes, when they could make more direct plays. Hard to really fault their level of scoring though.
2nd: Struggles start any cycling and possess the puck in a meaningful way.
3: often times barely noticeable. Basically any image I have of this line is Hayes trying to plow through the neutral zone then dumping or turning the puck over at the blue line.
4: Actually cycles and forechecks well, but unfortunately lacks any really shooting talent besides when Torpo has a moment.

On the other hand though, our forward pool looks great and as much as I am optomistic about Lindstein we have literally nothing else.
29 févr. à 14 h 51
Good Opinion Haver
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 938
I mean it did in 2022 though, with basically the same defense as now. It was the offensive depth and firepower that once it disintegrated, it was over (Perron, Orielly, Tarasenko, Schenn). Not saying Dougs a genius hes made some horrific mistakes (Petro being the worst), and I agree about the blueline.

They thing you have to remember about 21-22 is that every single member of the Blues forward group had a shooting percentage of like 900% and Ville Husso had a season on par with the one BInnington is having right now. They did that year what Seattle did last year, and here we are with Seattle's roster barely changed from when they beat the reigning cup champs in the playoffs and they're lower in the standings than the Blues right now.

You simply could not have built a sustainable cup contender with this defense, unless you had a consistently elite goaltender and an overpowered collection of forwards. The Blues have neither.
29 févr. à 14 h 53
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 473
Modifié 29 févr. à 15 h 13
I don’t take issue with much, but I aim differently.

GMDA and the Blues record of drafting and development stands on its own, so things like Burns and Stenberg are hard to criticize.

My issue is that Doug Armstrong went to the draft floor last year intending to retool the roster, and did not.

At the previous trade deadline he took all the center ice minutes, except Robert Thomas, and traded them away. The replacement? 1 center who needed another team to pay half his pay due to being meh.

So now stl leads in cumulative wjc u20 scoring. That’s a huge waste for our organization, we have no business having that much firepower in non nhl leagues. He should have done his job, used some of that to have a better active roster.

What was the point of Vrána? When it was clear he was not working, the replacement is?

During the season we’ve had countless games where scandella, or another lefty, is on the right so perunovich can get minutes. Fine. I guess. Except it’s not. It’s routinely punished by other teams. The jets got 2 goals dumping the puck to scandellas side and watching the blues screw it up. The next night, the blues play the oilers, use normal defense pairs, and surprise?! The team can break out of its zone normally and the game is competitive.

So he had that deadline, the draft floor, and whiffed. Now he has a trade deadline. If he whiffs again, fire him. Maybe he’s pissed off too many of his peers, or they don’t trust him, whatever.

I hope it’s embarrassing for him. He’s been a smug pos the last 2 years or so. Dude thinks he is waaaay fancier than he really is.
HolyJumpin81 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 14 h 55
mokumboi
Ok, if they just made better decisions with the puck, they'd be good. Unfortunately the summation of puck decisions is what equates to the quality of the player, and that's hard to change.

Regardless of how hopeful you are that the roster can transition into something better, is it unfair to say that the GM galaxy-brained the last 5 years? Is he not allowed to receive criticism for his terrible contracts? A rebuild/retool/re-whatever - that was always going to happen in the "window" world that the cap produces - would be much easier if there wasn't a massive amount of money owed to under-performers.

1 - The problem with your viewpoint on this is almost all of these players have previously made good puck decisions. Sometimes excellent. They've done it before. They know how. They're not executing, not focusing, whatever. They can do better with this important part of the game. So yes, if puck decisions get smart again, they will be a better team with better results and better analytics and better everything. More goals, fewer goals against. The best D is wearing teams out down in their corners etc etc. The whole system is predicated on smart decisions and care with the puck. As most systems are.

2 - Brother, I've ragged on all these same GM moves, and also some everyone ragged me over for ragging them. People tore me a new one when I said the Leddy trade was an abomination and Army's worst. They savaged me. I've moaned about it for a while. But other than pointing to what needs fixing, none of it actually matters when discussing the path ahead to take. We're here now. It is what it is. We need a good plan. That's where I'm at, I hope that's where Army is at.

But look... where was Vancouver last season? Or Winnipeg? Or in the other direction, New Jersey? A lot can change in an offseason. Frankly, this season has proved to me that we are not near as far away as some folks bellow. If we have a needs-meeting jackpot offseason like we did in 2018, led by a Krug exodus, things will look a lot sunnier fast.

Still gonna need to care for the puck, though. Job #1.
A_K a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 14 h 56
mokumboi
Quoting: BDHockey
I would agree that the lack of secondary scoring is the main reason we are not competitive right now, which in my opinion is because

First Line: Gets a little cute sometimes, when they could make more direct plays. Hard to really fault their level of scoring though.
2nd: Struggles start any cycling and possess the puck in a meaningful way.
3: often times barely noticeable. Basically any image I have of this line is Hayes trying to plow through the neutral zone then dumping or turning the puck over at the blue line.
4: Actually cycles and forechecks well, but unfortunately lacks any really shooting talent besides when Torpo has a moment.

On the other hand though, our forward pool looks great and as much as I am optomistic about Lindstein we have literally nothing else.

You just fully endorsed my point on lines 2 and 3. The whole points you made on those two were only about puck decisions. And you're right!
BDHockey a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 15 h 0
Quoting: TheEarthmaster
They thing you have to remember about 21-22 is that every single member of the Blues forward group had a shooting percentage of like 900% and Ville Husso had a season on par with the one BInnington is having right now. They did that year what Seattle did last year, and here we are with Seattle's roster barely changed from when they beat the reigning cup champs in the playoffs and they're lower in the standings than the Blues right now.

You simply could not have built a sustainable cup contender with this defense, unless you had a consistently elite goaltender and an overpowered collection of forwards. The Blues have neither.

I mean I think in reality Doug and many old school GM's think thats how you in hockey games. Sucks, but as Blues fans thats what we have to work with. Especially in small markets. I agree its not a way to win sustainably but they'd have a batter chance if the offense was as good as it was then.
29 févr. à 15 h 8
Good Opinion Haver
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 938

As for the defense, I keep saying this, it's not all about "the defense" crew. So much of the blame lies with the forwards it's not funny.

The floor would be higher if they had better forwards, but I still think you'd would be building on a rotten foundation with the defense. I'm not saying they couldn't make the playoffs, or even win a round or two with this defense, but you're not building a sustainable cup contender if the centerpiece of the defense is 30 year old Colton Parayko- a player I have a lot of time for- let alone the bloated support staff.

I don't disagree with the fact that their immediate problems are with scoring, but that was a die they more or less intentionally cast. They traded all the forwards who were, though old, still top 6 players and then replaced them with guys who were either on waivers or headed that way. So this was predictable, if not outright expected. They have a bunch of forward reinforcements coming though, while the defense is exactly the same. That's still the area that needs the most work.
mokumboi et HolyJumpin81 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 15 h 11
mokumboi
While we're talking about Army, I am also wondering when he is going to get us a real head coach. Bannister is not showing he's it. At least not yet. This is also a huge matter.
JMSTL2019 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 15 h 18
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,403
Some very hot takes taken here without looking at context of what was going on at the time. Alot of these moves were made out of the necessity of trying to stay in a cup window.

Faulk is the only move I can criticize because it didn't make any sense to bring him in given what we currently had. I'd imagine the market for top 4 defenseman was pretty dry at the time ad we wanted to add more boost. However neither Faulk nor Pietrangelo played great on the left side. It was frankly terrible to watch and a complete mess.

You're looking from the future on alot of these situations. I loved Vince Dunn, but he was essentially Torey Krug on an small deal at the time of the expansion draft. Yes he was a better skater, but he was a mess defensively and we were in a very competitive window at the time. I think everyone thought that Seattle would take Tarasenko in the expansion draft not Dunn.

Walman also could not stay in the lineup. He was inconsistent and not really all that impactful. For Walman and Dunn if you want to criticize a lack of knowing what they had, sure. But we weren't in a position to deal with mistakes of younger players as we were in a presumed window.

I'm not sure what exactly your criticism of the drafting is about. The Blues by many standards have had fantastic drafts for the recent memory. I'm also not sure why you're complaining about Stenberg who is very young for the class and has performed extremely well on the international stage. The Blues have drafted young players for the class who have perceived high floors. Are you going to hit a superstar with that, I dont know, but we have 2 very high end prospects in our pool, and we recently just had the most amount of prospects at the WJC (tied) and had some of the best production (definitely weighted by amount of forwards). That's discounting the impact that noted High Floor, Poor Skating Jake Neighbors is currently having. Bolduc is at the NHL level currently at 20 years old. Lindstein was a late 1st who in a redraft probably goes early/mid 1st round. I just don't see the complaint or worry in regards to the Blues drafting young for their class, high floor guys. There is very little volatility and a high chance these players are NHL players. The chances of 1st round draft picks especially at the positions we've been picking them to turn out the way ours have are extremely slim. There's only a couple of other teams I think draft to the level or better than the Blues, and that's Vegas and Carolina.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage