Forums/Armchair-GM

Jake Van

Créé par: PensGMwannabe
Équipe: 2023-24 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 10 févr. 2024
Publié: 10 févr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I still think the Canucks would have interest in Jake if he's made available. Also think Vancouver could use an upgrade at 3C. Blueger isn't a 3C on a cup team. Eller could be included in a deal if we are selling on Jake, then we should look to sell other older assets off as well.

Mikheyev played less than 10 minutes today. Seems like he's in and out of Tocchet's dog house. He's signed for 2 more seasons after this one at $4.75mil. Not cheap.

Less quantity, more quality approach.
Let me know what you think.
Transactions
PIT
  1. Lekkerimäki, Jonathan
  2. Mikheyev, Ilya
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (VAN)
VAN
  1. Eller, Lars
  2. Guentzel, Jake (3 000 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NYR
Logo de PIT
Logo de VAN
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $83 479 342 $0 $475 000 $20 658 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
800 000 $800 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance475 000 $$475K)
AD, C
RFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
5 375 000 $5 375 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 févr. à 17 h 45
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,770
Yeah, I think Mikheyev's contract for two full season makes him untradable. He seems to be what he was as a Leaf. When he's on his game, he plays above his contract. But most of the time, plays below his contract.
10 févr. à 17 h 56
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,061
Canucks decline for a number of reasons.

1. Don’t think Allvin will want to trade another 1st after dealing one already. He’s also in the market for a defenceman, and if they bring one in they won’t have space or assets to expend on Guentzel.

2. Not interested in Eller. Blueger has been amazing this year and is more than worthy of being the 3C. Based on their play this year, Eller would be a downgrade on Blueger, not an upgrade.

3. Lekkerimaki is untouchable. Management has said they won’t be moving him or Willander period. If any discusses start with one of them, they end there too.
10 févr. à 18 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,389
Canucks aren’t moving Lekkerimaki for a rental

Blueger has also been great at 3C. The line of Joshua-Blueger-Garland has been elite this season. No need for Eller
10 févr. à 20 h 39
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 373
Quoting: Epic_Ninja_Dude
Canucks decline for a number of reasons.

1. Don’t think Allvin will want to trade another 1st after dealing one already. He’s also in the market for a defenceman, and if they bring one in they won’t have space or assets to expend on Guentzel.

2. Not interested in Eller. Blueger has been amazing this year and is more than worthy of being the 3C. Based on their play this year, Eller would be a downgrade on Blueger, not an upgrade.

3. Lekkerimaki is untouchable. Management has said they won’t be moving him or Willander period. If any discusses start with one of them, they end there too.

without Lekkerimaki they have no chance at getting Guentzel.
It's gonna take an A+ prospect to land him.
You may not like it but it is what it is. You have to give to get. Winning cups is expensive.
PensGMwannabe a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 20 h 45
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 103
I think the value of the trade is pretty close. But the fit just might not be right.
10 févr. à 22 h 40
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,271
That Guentzel trade is perfect tbh. I think that's exactly the return we'd be looking for whether it's the Canucks or another team. I don't know if they'll want to give up Lekkerimaki, but that's what it would take I think
11 févr. à 0 h 2
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
without Lekkerimaki they have no chance at getting Guentzel.
It's gonna take an A+ prospect to land him.
You may not like it but it is what it is. You have to give to get. Winning cups is expensive.

Rentals NEVER return an A+ prospect. They return a 1st, mid-tier prospect, and usually a player to make the cap work. Teams aren't giving up top prospects for rentals because they're risking giving up 10+ years of a star player for a half season of a player. That's simply never worth the risk.
11 févr. à 0 h 27
SkateOrDie
Rentals NEVER return an A+ prospect. They return a 1st, mid-tier prospect, and usually a player to make the cap work. Teams aren't giving up top prospects for rentals because they're risking giving up 10+ years of a star player for a half season of a player. That's simply never worth the risk.

A. you're not trading Bedard.
B. teams do get A prospects all the time, PHY got Owen Tippet just last year.
C. most trade deadlines, almost Never have a legit 40 goal scorer in his prime on the market.

So good luck with your little theory, but you're not getting Guentzel with that weak offer.
11 févr. à 2 h 40
A. you're not trading Bedard.
B. teams do get A prospects all the time, PHY got Owen Tippet just last year.
C. most trade deadlines, almost Never have a legit 40 goal scorer in his prime on the market.

So good luck with your little theory, but you're not getting Guentzel with that weak offer.

A. I can say the same thing. You're not trading McDavid, so don't expect a top tier return
B. Tippett wasn't a top tier prospect. He was a 22 year old former 1st rounder who had struggled his first 2 years in the NHL. Lekkerimaki is a 19 year old 1st rounder who has shown nothing but star potential. When Tippett he was drafted he had a similar value to Lekkerimaki, but at the point of that trade he had dropped off and was no longer a top tier prospect. Podkolzin would be a closer comparable to Tippett than Lekkerimaki is.
C. Value of the player doesn't matter at the deadline. It's all about supply and demand. The top 2 or 3 available players will return the top package (later 1st, mid-tier prospect, roster player) and the rest of the available players will fall down the line behind them. Look from deadline to deadline, every time the top available players get that same return, but they're rarely the same value players. In a weak year, players will get inflated value due to low supply and high demand. In a strong year, players will get lower value due to excess supply and low demand. Regardless, the top players always return the same package (1st, mid-tier prospect, roster player). Just because Guentzel is a little better than the top rental available last year doesn't mean he gets a way stronger return than normal, that's not how rentals work.
11 févr. à 3 h 40
SkateOrDie
A. I can say the same thing. You're not trading McDavid, so don't expect a top tier return
B. Tippett wasn't a top tier prospect. He was a 22 year old former 1st rounder who had struggled his first 2 years in the NHL. Lekkerimaki is a 19 year old 1st rounder who has shown nothing but star potential. When Tippett he was drafted he had a similar value to Lekkerimaki, but at the point of that trade he had dropped off and was no longer a top tier prospect. Podkolzin would be a closer comparable to Tippett than Lekkerimaki is.
C. Value of the player doesn't matter at the deadline. It's all about supply and demand. The top 2 or 3 available players will return the top package (later 1st, mid-tier prospect, roster player) and the rest of the available players will fall down the line behind them. Look from deadline to deadline, every time the top available players get that same return, but they're rarely the same value players. In a weak year, players will get inflated value due to low supply and high demand. In a strong year, players will get lower value due to excess supply and low demand. Regardless, the top players always return the same package (1st, mid-tier prospect, roster player). Just because Guentzel is a little better than the top rental available last year doesn't mean he gets a way stronger return than normal, that's not how rentals work.

A. no one said I was, if it was McDavid the asking price would be much higher and you know that.
B. No one had lost faith in Tippet, it was simply the cost to get a marquee player.
C. "C. Value of the player doesn't matter at the deadline" you must be high. Put the bowl down. The value of the player has a whole lot to do with all of it.
BTW demand is high on Jake, so even in your own theory...... you'll be paying.

Here is my suggestion for you and your like. If you don't like the high cost or people informing you that the weak offers aren't going to cut it. Do the WHOLE board a favor and stop posing Guentzel trades.
11 févr. à 4 h 0
A. no one said I was, if it was McDavid the asking price would be much higher and you know that.
B. No one had lost faith in Tippet, it was simply the cost to get a marquee player.
C. "C. Value of the player doesn't matter at the deadline" you must be high. Put the bowl down. The value of the player has a whole lot to do with all of it.
BTW demand is high on Jake, so even in your own theory...... you'll be paying.

Here is my suggestion for you and your like. If you don't like the high cost or people informing you that the weak offers aren't going to cut it. Do the WHOLE board a favor and stop posing Guentzel trades.

A. And I didn’t say the Canucks were trading Bedard, yet you said I was.
B. At the time of the trade, Tippet’s value had fallen off. He wasn’t completely worthless, but he was no longer a Lekkerimaki type top prospect.
C. Great job taking my point completely out of context and warping it to fit your views. The value of the top players at the deadline is a relatively moot point. Just because Guentzel is a bit better than the top guys last year doesn’t mean he gets a way better return. The top player available always gets the same return. Guentzel doesn’t magically get a way better return just because he’s slightly better than the average top 6 rental forward when there’s a set precedent from the past 10 years that has never changed.

If you don’t like people informing you that your ludicrous asking prices aren’t in line with market value then you should probably stop posting to this board as well.
11 févr. à 4 h 55
SkateOrDie
A. And I didn’t say the Canucks were trading Bedard, yet you said I was.
B. At the time of the trade, Tippet’s value had fallen off. He wasn’t completely worthless, but he was no longer a Lekkerimaki type top prospect.
C. Great job taking my point completely out of context and warping it to fit your views. The value of the top players at the deadline is a relatively moot point. Just because Guentzel is a bit better than the top guys last year doesn’t mean he gets a way better return. The top player available always gets the same return. Guentzel doesn’t magically get a way better return just because he’s slightly better than the average top 6 rental forward when there’s a set precedent from the past 10 years that has never changed.

If you don’t like people informing you that your ludicrous asking prices aren’t in line with market value then you should probably stop posting to this board as well.

pretty funny when everyone here has all had the same conclusion....that doesn't get you Guentzel.

You know you lost when you try to say it doesn't matter who the player is.... So if McDavid were up today he'd get a late first, a mediocre prospect and some cap dump player coming back.....right.
Good to know. I'll start those McDavid trades for next year then.

You aren't getting Jake for that. Good luck to you in thinking that, I suggest keeping it to yourself.
11 févr. à 12 h 26
pretty funny when everyone here has all had the same conclusion....that doesn't get you Guentzel.

You know you lost when you try to say it doesn't matter who the player is.... So if McDavid were up today he'd get a late first, a mediocre prospect and some cap dump player coming back.....right.
Good to know. I'll start those McDavid trades for next year then.

You aren't getting Jake for that. Good luck to you in thinking that, I suggest keeping it to yourself.

Again, good job taking my point out of context and warping it to fit your views. The top available rentals get the same return every year. McDavid is a completely different scenario since he's under contract for 3 seasons and is not a rental. There's a difference between rentals and non-rentals. If he were a rental, there's no telling what he would return because that's a different scenario. The last player of his calibre to become available for trade was Gretzky nearly 30 years ago, but guys similar to Guentzel become available every deadline. The top players available at the deadline always get the same return, see the below example:

In 2023, Horvat (54 PTS in 49 GP) got a 1st. In 2021, Nick Foligno (16 PTS in 42 GP) and Kyle Palmieri (17 PTS in 34 GP) both got a 1st. By your logic, that means that Horvat has the same value as Foligno/Palmieri. In reality, he doesn't, but 2021 was an extremely weak rental class so the top guys available got majorly inflated value. Guentzel falls into the same category. He's one of the top available guys, so he gets the same return. I'll say it again, but the hockey gods aren't magically bending and completely changing the return Guentzel gets when there's a set precedent that has existed for 10+ years for players in Guentzel's position. McDavid, Mackinnon, etc. are the kind of guys who break that precedent, not Guentzel.

And of course all the Pens fans here would come to the same conclusion that they'd take a trade in their favour. That isn't a surprise to anyone. I'm not expecting to get Guentzel because the Canucks already
dealt for Lindholm and don't have a need for another top 6 forward, and on top of that, Lindholm was way cheaper than this.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage