Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,066
Quoting: aadoyle
Thats probably their hardest earned win of the season

Nothing comes close

Took 50 shots to beat Dostal who was 1-7 coming in

ANA in OT/Shootouts was 7-0

Jones was also good making some good stops even though he played the night before

Now lets see who gets Saturday

Anyways much better than last year in Cali so far. As I believe we were 0-1-2 and it sparked the debate of a century. Rn were 2-0 and one more game to go

The no quit was my favourite part for both games

But about to be furious when we go 1-1 vs SJ lol
4 janv. à 0 h 2
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,121
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
Jones should get Saturday, unless he is hurt.

Yea but at the same time I go so why the **** did u bring Hildeby over Petruzelli if Jones just gonna play all 3 games lul

Like anyone can be a seat warmer

Hildeby could be playing with the Marlies rn
4 janv. à 0 h 2
Leafs going to Leafs

I'd give one of the 2 to Hildeby... Prob the one at home...
4 janv. à 0 h 3
Leafs going to Leafs
Yea but at the same time I go so why the **** did u bring Hildeby over Petruzelly if Jones just gonna play all 3 games lul

To give Hildeby the experience of practicing with the pros... And the feel of a road trip and wins
4 janv. à 0 h 4
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,196
Yea but at the same time I go so why the **** did u bring Hildeby over Petruzelly if Jones just gonna play all 3 games lul

Because he has earned it. He has earned the NHL pay check. And there is a lot of value in just being a part of an NHL roster. He is an observer. And if Jones got completed shelled last night, Hilldeby would have[ played tonight. Sammy won't be back any time soon and Woll is still out for at least a month. Hildeby should get a few starts. No rush on it though.
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 0 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Leafsfan98
To give Hildeby the experience of practicing with the pros... And the feel of a road trip and wins

For a developing guy that really does nothing and for a goalie its also not good

They need to play to keep their skills sharp and this I feel will ruin his momentum

Should have just called Petruzelli and had him sit and let Hildeby play with the Marlies who played Jan 3 and have a b2b Jan 6-7

Cause really if you were not gonna use him in a b2b that to me is a wtf we even doing than moment

As you dont want to overwork Jones as rn were one injury away from disaster

Sammy needs time for a mental reset and Woll still at least a month away
4 janv. à 0 h 6
Rip
Mentions "j'aime": 3,158
Looks like I was right

Jones starting tonight per Keefe

So keep an eye on Saturday for Hildeby

If not WTF we doing lul

Also Robertson out, Holmberg in

WHY lul. Guy has 2 goals in 3 games

Should have been McMann

It's because Keefe sucks
4 janv. à 0 h 6
Yea but at the same time I go so why the **** did u bring Hildeby over Petruzelli if Jones just gonna play all 3 games lul

Like anyone can be a seat warmer

Hildeby could be playing with the Marlies rn

In the minors Hildeby makes 82.5k a year. In the NHL Hildeby makes 850k a year. His pay checks in the NHL are 10x bigger than the ones in the AHL. Even one week in the NHL would be a huge pay difference.

Trust me, Hildeby isn't complaining right now.
Random2152 a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 0 h 8
Hakuna Matata
In the minors Hildeby makes 82.5k a year. In the NHL Hildeby makes 850k a year. His pay checks in the NHL are 10x bigger than the ones in the AHL. Even one week in the NHL would be a huge pay difference.

Trust me, Hildeby isn't complaining right now.

Hildeby also had a bonus and if they were really concerned for NHL salary could do cap shenanigans by calling up then sending down on specific days
4 janv. à 0 h 9
Rip

That's in SJ, it's the one to give to Hilldeby. Last night of a road trip, would give the boys extra motivation to protect the rookie. Then give Jones home ice.
Random2152 a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 0 h 10
Hildeby also had a bonus and if they were really concerned for NHL salary could do cap shenanigans by calling up then sending down on specific days

Teams do the opposite of this. They send guys down to not pay them the NHL salary (for cap reasons). They do it to benefit the team. Not the player.
4 janv. à 0 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: RipNasty
It's because Keefe sucks

The whole things just bad in my eyes

I get the arguments of oh he gets to learn ABC. For goalies its mute

They need to play to keep their skills sharp and this also just slows the progress of development

If you werent gonna use him for the b2b should have called one of the other youngsters as anyone can be a seat warmer.

As while its only 3 games overworking Jones when you already down 2 goalies not wise

Like im not gonna be surprised if Jones starts against SJS
4 janv. à 0 h 10
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
amazing how much better this team looks with competent tending...I'm tellin' ya...if there was even 1 bad goal against tonight this game coulda got ugly on us
Random2152 a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 0 h 11
That's in SJ, it's the one to give to Hilldeby. Last night of a road trip, would give the boys extra motivation to protect the rookie. Then give Jones home ice.

I assume Hildeby plays next Thursday against New York Islanders. That's my prediction. And then maybe Detroit on Sunday the 14th.
4 janv. à 0 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Teams do the opposite of this. They send guys down to not pay them the NHL salary (for cap reasons). They do it to benefit the team. Not the player.

Guess you dont know Brandon Pridham thats his calling card. He does little moves here and there to boost salary

Lehtonen and Barabanov had it occur.
4 janv. à 0 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Juice
amazing how much better this team looks with competent tending...I'm tellin' ya...if there was even 1 bad goal against tonight this game coulda got ugly on us

Well there was the bad play 4 on 4 that lead to the ANA SH goal but since they won will let it slide even though it seems Domi cursed on anything other than 5 on 5 and 5 on 4 lul

It was like the hockey gods wanted to punish us lul.

But yea Jones has been good and defense finally woke the **** up. The amount of scary chances we saw beforehand way down

Now do I like Benoit in the top 4 no but hey its been good so far
4 janv. à 0 h 13
Rip

They need to play to keep their skills sharp and this also just slows the progress of development

If you werent gonna use him for the b2b should have called one of the other youngsters as anyone can be a seat warmer.

As while its only 3 games overworking Jones when you already down 2 goalies not wise

For the goalie, you can make an argument that giving him Saturday made more sense than tonight. Playing the devil's advocate, he's very limited in his experience facing NHL shooters. Getting him some extra practice time and a fresh team in front of him could be really valuable. If he doesn't get Saturday then Keefe is just stupid.
4 janv. à 0 h 14
Rip
I assume Hildeby plays next Thursday against New York Islanders. That's my prediction. And then maybe Detroit on Sunday the 14th.

He should get in there soon. Let him get his feet wet against a lottery team. I think the team wouldn't play down in that scenario either.
4 janv. à 0 h 16
Hakuna Matata
For the goalie, you can make an argument that giving him Saturday made more sense than tonight. Playing the devil's advocate, he's very limited in his experience facing NHL shooters. Getting him some extra practice time and a fresh team in front of him could be really valuable. If he doesn't get Saturday then Keefe is just stupid.

If Hildeby does not play Saturday then yea idk what the plan is lul

As if your not gonna play him and just have him be the seat warmer than this was just a wtf we doing decision by Leafs management and Keefe and will highlight the point that we could have had Petruzelli up allowing Hildeby to play two games with the Marlies and continue improving
RipNasty a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 0 h 17

please stop making mountains out of mole hills. This isn't EA sports where he's not earning XP if he's not on the ice. The experience of being up with the Leafs is great for him. The paycheque is even better.

If he pulled a hammy and was out for 2-4 weeks...would you be concerned that his development would be stunted for missing such a short period of time? It probably wouldn't even register with you as being noteworthy.

Fraser Minten did just fine after sitting in the leaf pressbox for a few games at the beginning of the season before returning to junior.
RipNasty a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 0 h 19
Guess you dont know Brandon Pridham thats his calling card. He does little moves here and there to boost salary

Lehtonen and Barabanov had it occur.

I think you guys are arguing the same point here
4 janv. à 0 h 24
Hakuna Matata
please stop making mountains out of mole hills. This isn't EA sports where he's not earning XP if he's not on the ice. The experience of being up with the Leafs is great for him. The paycheque is even better.

If he pulled a hammy and was out for 2-4 weeks...would you be concerned that his development would be stunted for missing such a short period of time? It probably wouldn't even register with you as being noteworthy.

Fraser Minten did just fine after sitting in the leaf pressbox for a few games at the beginning of the season before returning to junior.

In general its all mute if we overwork Jones

If you called Hildeby up play him otherwise call anyone else up (U got some other goalies down there that can warm seats and be over 6'5)

Either way if Hildeby does not play Saturday the argument people had about not calling him up grows stronger by the game. He needs to play thats really it
4 janv. à 0 h 27
Modifié 4 janv. à 9 h 12
Well there was the bad play 4 on 4 that lead to the ANA SH goal but since they won will let it slide even though it seems Domi cursed on anything other than 5 on 5 and 5 on 4 lul

It was like the hockey gods wanted to punish us lul.

But yea Jones has been good and defense finally woke the **** up. The amount of scary chances we saw beforehand way down

Now do I like Benoit in the top 4 no but hey its been good so far

I don't even think it was a "bad play"...more fluky. Anaheim player with the puck slips and falls...McCabe goes to chase after the loose puck and everyone starts to get ready for a breakout....then McCabe loses the puck battle and Vatrano happened to be behind the play. One bounce our way and it's a 3 on 2 the other way
RipNasty a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 0 h 30
Hakuna Matata
I don't ever think it was a "bad play"...more fluky. Anaheim player with the puck slips and falls...McCabe goes to chase after the loose puck and everyone starts to get ready for a breakout....the McCabe loses the puck battle and Vatrano happened to be behind the play. One bounce our way and it's a 3 on 2 the other way

There was a giveaway down the middle before that whole thing happened leading to 1-0 ANA. Believe it was liligren trying to get it out or send Bertuzzi or Domi out but that choice was just a no no as it was an easy pickoff. Like right down the middle all that open ice. Just carry it out.

Like that one thing lead to the chaos of Vatrano's goal. Wish Omar would have posted it as it was text book dont do that kind of pass lul.

If there's a clip to show it would highlight but Omar had to do the later stuff lul.
4 janv. à 0 h 33
In general its all moot if we overwork Jones

If you called Hildeby up play him otherwise call anyone else up (U got some other goalies down there that can warm seats and be over 6'5)

Either way if Hildeby does not play Saturday the argument people had about not calling him up grows stronger by the game. He needs to play thats really it

Except he doesn't NEED to play...and Keefe said his decision to go with Jones tonight would depend on how he felt after last night. It's not like he's gonna be stapled to the bench for the rest of the season.

I'd like him to get one of the SJ games but I'm not concerned in the least if he doesn't play for a couple weeks

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage