Mentions "j'aime": 5,595
New thread. Last is here
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Quoting: aadoyle
Hes really not. The biggest problem is this teams play vs. non contenders its night and day at this point. We saw it when Jones went in no matter whose in net RIP the stats

We have seen it over and over. Thats why i said pray for Sammy 2 days ago after NYR loss as lottery team + goalie needing a bounceback = uh oh here. While 2 of the 5 goals not great by him if this team played like they did vs. NYR would be a much closer game heck maybe 3-1 TOR.

As said before they once again ****ed up who played what game. Give Jones the lottery teams and Sammy the competitors as at least he will get proper support.

My guy. We need a ****ing save. He isn't giving us any. The team clearly has no confidence in him. It's time to move on
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 6
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,959
Quoting: Random2152
My guy. We need a ****ing save. He isn't giving us any. The team clearly has no confidence in him. It's time to move on

In general starting any goalie vs. non contenders is a disaster waiting to happen for the Toronto Maple Leafs

Feel bad for them as this team forgets how to play hockey and leaves them to dry resulting in poor results or as we saw with Woll an injury

You think they would learn nah

Anyways real games start Dec 30th

If they somehow beat CBJ in convincing fashion SAT its a Christmas miracle
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Sammy had been getting saves but as we saw in his last 2 starts team also left him out to dry. In general starting him vs. non contenders is a disaster waiting to happen

Blunder on Keefe's part

You would think he would learn oh well

Moving on would be a poor choice as Sammy has shown he can rebound as seen last year after he struggled in Feb-Mar

Anyways its the play against Lottery teams I got more concern over as we have seen Sammy put up good games vs. FLA, NSH, VAN, DET, and BOS all teams in a playoff hunt. Its the lottery boyz he struggle with rn

Maybe we should move him to LA with proper defense in front maybe he will rebound again

I'm sure Sammy is better than he has been for us this year.
He is also currently unplayable and we need a goalie. We can move him and save his hit for something else.
Your defence of him is toskala defenders at this point. He is unplayably bad. He is letting in goals a peewee G wouldn't allow and we cannot keep him like this. Either waive him or trade him for whatever value he still has
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 12
Hakuna Matata
I'm sure Sammy is better than he has been for us this year.
He is also currently unplayable and we need a goalie. We can move him and save his hit for something else.
Your defence of him is toskala defenders at this point. He is unplayably bad. He is letting in goals a peewee G wouldn't allow and we cannot keep him like this. Either waive him or trade him for whatever value he still has

Would rather have him gain confidence through stronger opponents like we saw at times this year and a lot last year.

We have seen him take on strong teams like BOS and VAN and put up good results

Leave the lottery teams to Jones and give him teams like CAR, LA, and AVS. Now there is a b2b against SJS and ANA so I guess start Jones both those games

But yea let him sit the Saturday game and 2 of the 3 Cali games. But let him play the strong opponents get support and gain his confidence back as we have seen it at times just need it consistently. Cause if he can shutout NSH and beat 2 of the strongest teams rn in convincing fashion thats the guy to unlock. Not throw him to the lottery machines and pray lul

Cause rn there really isnt an upgrade or someone you can go thats the guy who wont cost 2 1sts
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Would rather have him gain confidence through stronger opponents like we saw at times this year

We have seen him take on strong teams like BOS and VAN and put up good results

Leave the lottery teams to Jones and give him teams like CAR, LA, and AVS. Now there is a b2b against SJS and ANA so I guess start Jones both those games

He is letting in over 4 goals a game against strong and weak opponents! What are you talking about? Leafs need to score at least 5 to win any game he is in - avg is 6 per game for BOTH teams. He can't start another game. Period
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 23
Hakuna Matata
He is letting in over 4 goals a game against strong and weak opponents! What are you talking about? Leafs need to score at least 5 to win any game he is in - avg is 6 per game for BOTH teams. He can't start another game. Period

Thats just silly talk really. In order for him to improve got to play him just not against lottery teams or TBL

As he has shown vs. FLA, VAN, BOS, NSH, and DET he can put together good games. Just needs proper defensive support and be in the zone.

We see it with Talbot in LA with proper support a goalie people said was bad can do wonders. Agreed no more starts but against non contenders

Give him all the competitive starts vs stronger teams thats where he thrives
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Thats just silly talk really. In order for him to improve got to play him just not against lottery teams or TBL

As he has shown vs. FLA, VAN, BOS, NSH, and DET he can put together good games. Just needs proper defensive support and be in the zone.

We see it with Talbot in LA with proper support a goalie people said was bad can do wonders

You're simply out to lunch

Anyway Hildeby is going to get a start now at some point after this game. Jones looks bad too - but it won't be held against him much as it (rightfully) will Sammy
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 25
Hakuna Matata
You're simply out to lunch

Anyway Hildeby is going to get a start now at some point after this game. Jones looks bad too - but it won't be held against him much as it (rightfully) will Sammy

And were gonna ruin his confidence and thats not gonna end well for everyone. Did we not see the Barden video that guy is a very sensitive goalie and should cook in the AHL
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 25
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,264
#JonasWasRight
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
And were gonna ruin his confidence and thats not gonna end well for everyone. Did we not see the Barden video that guy is a very sensitive goalie and should cook in the AHL

Maybe stop writing guys off who are actually playing well while simultaneously defending to absurd lengths guys who need to be sent down
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
#JonasWasRight

Jonas is never right
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 27
Hakuna Matata
LAK game officially is not the worst game they have played

This game takes the cake

But nah lets blame the goalies makes it easier lul

Team wont change
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Maybe stop writing guys off who are actually playing well while simultaneously defending to absurd lengths guys who need to be sent down

Nick Barden scouts and reports on the Marlies and talked to him

From that interview he gathered the guy should not come up and he is correct

One wrong move you potentially see a Kaskisuo situation or we just ruin the kid's confidence. He is a sensitive guy lets not ruin him shall we

Its his first year in NA and I dont want to stress him out
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Nick Barden scouts and reports on the Marlies and talked to him

From that interview he gathered the guy should not come up and he is correct

One wrong move you potentially see a Kaskisuo situation or we just ruin the kid's confidence. He is a sensitive guy lets not ruin him shall we

Its his first year in NA and I dont want to stress him out

The spotlight waits for no one. Sink or swim - next man up
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 32
Hakuna Matata
9 goals against yea this team should just forfeit every non contender game for the remainder of the season lul

They dont have that win mentality needed and the goalies especially will be saved a spanking
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 32
Jonas is never right

People can say what they want about the guy, but it's been funny to see people up in arms about what seemed to me a pretty reasonable take
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
People can say what they want about the guy, but it's been funny to see people up in arms about what seemed to me a pretty reasonable take

The Domi take was atrocious.
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 36
The Domi take was atrocious.

I don't subscribe so I didn't read the whole thing, but the gist from what I gathered was that Domi isn't the best fit? There's a legitimate argument for that if you ask me.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 39
Hakuna Matata
I don't subscribe so I didn't read the whole thing, but the gist from what I gathered was that Domi isn't the best fit? There's a legitimate argument for that if you ask me.

Domi has been good in Toronto I dont know where people getting that silliness from. Scored tonight in a game lets be real was an auto L the moment Buffalo's name came up. Not full on excusing as its getting tiresome but his offense and playmaking have been good. Defense meh but thats not what he was brought in to do

As Lottery team + Leafs = almost instant L
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 42
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,036
I know a lot of people will want a trade after that loss, but what Leafs fans need to realise is that Brad Treliving is not the type of GM to make a panic trade.

Last year at the TDL, he added Dryden Hunt and Nick Ritchie. He didn't panic and sell the farm, but he also didn't go all in on a mediocre team. We are riddled with injuries at the moment and are yet to see what our blueline is like fully healthy. I wouldnt expect a trade for a defenseman until we know what we've got. The issue at the moment is Goaltending. Samsonov needs to be better, and to be completely honest I don't think he can right now. Jones is notoriously streaky, and I for one hope he stays our 3rd string goalie and not our backup. The goalie market is going to be a bloodbath this season, so why not look to a guy like Hildeby? Ride the hot hand, he's been unbelievable with the Marlies (plus Cavallin could use some time in the AHL). He's also not as young as people think he is, he was drafted in his 3rd eligible draft year after all.

I for one would love to see the Leafs go out and get Noah Hanifin (if the Flames sell off their assets) and another impact forward that Keefe will actually play. Tonight's loss was a tough pill to swallow, but who said the road to the Cup is easy. Can't win all 82, so let's just see what happens next
CameronSquires et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 43
McMann Season
Mentions "j'aime": 941
Depressing way to end the night
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming

Jonas' whole schtick is being a contrarian against the Leafs. The dude is a total hack. He outright thinks Domi is bad and has been doubling down to embarrassing levels since
CameronSquires a aimé ceci.
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 43
McMann Season
Mentions "j'aime": 941
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
I know a lot of people will want a trade after that loss, but what Leafs fans need to realise is that Brad Treliving is not the type of GM to make a panic trade.

Last year at the TDL, he added Dryden Hunt and Nick Ritchie. He didn't panic and sell the farm, but he also didn't go all in on a mediocre team. We are riddled with injuries at the moment and are yet to see what our blueline is like fully healthy. I wouldnt expect a trade for a defenseman until we know what we've got. The issue at the moment is Goaltending. Samsonov needs to be better, and to be completely honest I don't think he can right now. Jones is notoriously streaky, and I for one hope he stays our 3rd string goalie and not our backup. The goalie market is going to be a bloodbath this season, so why not look to a guy like Hildeby? Ride the hot hand, he's been unbelievable with the Marlies (plus Cavallin could use some time in the AHL). He's not as young as people think he is, he was drafted in his 3rd eligible draft year after all.

I for one would love to see the Leafs go out and get Noah Hanifin (if the Flames sell off their assets) and another impact forward that Keefe will actually play. Tonight's loss was a tough pill to swallow, but who said the road to the Cup is easy. Can't win all 82, so let's just see what happens next

Thanks for having a level headed take lol
NorthernLeafsFan05 et aadoyle a aimé ceci.
21 déc. 2023 à 21 h 46
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
rough game. toronto needs to stop being so prone to getting concaved by buffalo. this definitely isn't the first time they've routed them.

I'd rather have more Domis on the team. Dude is not a defensive stalwart but he shows a lot of tenacity and would run through a wall for this team. He doesn't "fit" because for a long time the bottom six has been a wasteland of defensive forwards picked out for metrics and tough guy hasbeens, not a lot of guys who can put the puck in the net. This is how the change the identity of a team, you don't keep going back to what clearly hasn't been working.

Jonas is one of the reasons paying for The Athletic isn't worth it. He's a glorified beat writer and never has any interesting takes, and was hired because of his name recognition and not because he was a competent and compelling reporter. His ass-kissing of Dubas in the summer when he got fired was extremely pathetic as well.
CameronSquires, NorthernLeafsFan05, Random2152 and 2 others a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage