Forums/Armchair-GM

Oilers twitter rumor

Créé par: Bast
Équipe: 2023-24 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 23 nov. 2023
Publié: 23 nov. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I just saw this rumor /speculation floating around and was curious what the fan bases thought of it.

https://twitter.com/NewWorldOilers/status/1727729109541982676
Transactions
PHI
  1. Skinner, Stuart
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
EDM
    The rumor only mentioned Broberg + high pick. No mention of a return. Perry maybe?
    CHI
    1. Broberg, Philip
    2. Campbell, Jack
    3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de NSH
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de EDM
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2183 500 000 $80 053 167 $850 000 $3 225 000 $3 446 833 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
    5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
    AG, AD
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
    AG, C
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
    C, AG
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    807 500 $807 500 $
    AD, C
    RFA - 1
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
    C
    RFA - 2
    775 000 $775 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 225 000 $$3M)
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 2
    775 000 $775 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 1
    775 000 $775 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 2
    Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
    3 979 000 $3 979 000 $
    G
    RFA - 1
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 3
    3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    762 500 $762 500 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 3
    762 500 $762 500 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance650 000 $$650K)
    AG, C
    RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    23 nov. 2023 à 22 h 15
    Rejoint: mai 2023
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,181
    I guess it depends on what you think of Broberg.

Carter Hart to Edmonton has always made some sense
    23 nov. 2023 à 22 h 23
    Snowhawk
    Rejoint: juill. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,427
    Modifié 23 nov. 2023 à 22 h 33
    It is not realistic to think the Oilers can move 3+ years of Campbell carrying a $5m per season price tag and only paying a B level prospect and 2nd round pick.

Before anyone tries to argue Broberg carries more value than a B level rating, ask yourself one question, why can he get regular playing time with one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL.

At minimum you would need to add a 1st round pick and another high level prospect.
    Garak a aimé ceci.
    23 nov. 2023 à 22 h 33
    Démarrer sujet
    First round bust
    Mentions "j'aime": 342
    Quoting: Snowhawk18
    It is not realistic to think the Oilers can move 3+ years of Campbell carrying a $5m per season price tag and only paying a B level prospect and 2nd round pick.

Before anyone tries to argue Broberg Carrie’s more value then a B level rating, ask yourself one question, why can he get regular playing time with one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL.

At minimum you would need to add a 1st round pick and another high level prospect.

I mostly agree, but I'm a Flames fan, so I'm a little biased. a Campbell buyout next summer would be about $10.5M over 6 years, so it shouldn't be as painful to swallow.

I think it would make more sense for the Oilers to go through with the buyout themselves, but I think there's immense pressure on the organization to go for it this year.
    Snowhawk18 et Garak a aimé ceci.
    23 nov. 2023 à 22 h 50
    exo2769
    Rejoint: juill. 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,830
    Quoting: Bast
    I mostly agree, but I'm a Flames fan, so I'm a little biased. a Campbell buyout next summer would be about $10.5M over 6 years, so it shouldn't be as painful to swallow.

I think it would make more sense for the Oilers to go through with the buyout themselves, but I think there's immense pressure on the organization to go for it this year.

If you go through a buyout...what does that tell McDavid and Drai? NHLers don't really care about future draft picks. Stamkos...F them picks. They want NHL talent to win a cup this year.
    Garak a aimé ceci.
    23 nov. 2023 à 23 h 8
    Démarrer sujet
    First round bust
    Mentions "j'aime": 342
    Quoting: exo2769
    If you go through a buyout...what does that tell McDavid and Drai? NHLers don't really care about future draft picks. Stamkos...F them picks. They want NHL talent to win a cup this year.

I understand what they might want it, but their play is also partly to blame for the bad start. The Oilers over relied on the PP last year IMO. This year it's under-performing, so they can't outscore their defensive problems, goaltending and puck luck, all of which showed up at the same time. That leads to even less confidence and worse performances all around.

The Oilers could just as easily spend a bunch of their future assets, and end up sucking and losing those top players as a result.
    Garak a aimé ceci.
    23 nov. 2023 à 23 h 22
    Rejoint: mai 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
    Modifié 23 nov. 2023 à 23 h 29
    Trading Skinner for Hart doesn't make much sense to me. They still need a good goalie tandem and giving Skinner+ a 1st is a high price. Their best bet is to dump Campbell somewhere where they can get a goalie back.
    23 nov. 2023 à 23 h 48
    Rejoint: mars 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 185
    Quoting: GMBL
    Trading Skinner for Hart doesn't make much sense to me. They still need a good goalie tandem and giving Skinner+ a 1st is a high price. Their best bet is to dump Campbell somewhere where they can get a goalie back.

I mean, you’re not wrong in the sense that I doubt Philly wants Skinner back in this deal. He’s not good. Hart is very good, and Philly shouldn’t trade him. He’s perfect for their own rebuild. Which is why you’d be looking at an overpayment to get him, more than Oiler fans would want to give up.
    23 nov. 2023 à 23 h 54
    Quoting: Clarky11
    I mean, you’re not wrong in the sense that I doubt Philly wants Skinner back in this deal. He’s not good. Hart is very good, and Philly shouldn’t trade him. He’s perfect for their own rebuild. Which is why you’d be looking at an overpayment to get him, more than Oiler fans would want to give up.

Hart is a whole lot better but Skinner could be good. I agree that Philly likely doesn't want him back as a return and would rather be a prospect or pick instead. I don't think PHI would want to take on Campbell either but if they are going to make an expensive purchase of Hart, then they are better off adding the additional assets required to dump Campbell imo. If they overpay once it's possible that they save some assets but also they don't have to worry about that problem anymore.

Until the WJ investigation comes to a close though, I don't see any team targeting Hart considering the haul that it will cost to acquire him.
    23 nov. 2023 à 23 h 59
    Rejoint: mars 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 185
    Quoting: GMBL
    Hart is a whole lot better but Skinner could be good. I agree that Philly likely doesn't want him back as a return and would rather be a prospect or pick instead. I don't think PHI would want to take on Campbell either but if they are going to make an expensive purchase of Hart, then they are better off adding the additional assets required to dump Campbell imo.

Philly already did this with Peterson from LA. Not sure they’d do it again right away. And if you’re sending Campbell with that albatross contract AND you want Hart, you’re kissing a first in ‘24 and Bouchard goodbye
    GMBL a aimé ceci.
    24 nov. 2023 à 0 h 11
    Quoting: Clarky11
    Philly already did this with Peterson from LA. Not sure they’d do it again right away. And if you’re sending Campbell with that albatross contract AND you want Hart, you’re kissing a first in ‘24 and Bouchard goodbye

Yeah, that's why I said I don't think PHI would take on Campbell but they probably would offer to do it at a ridiculous price. A 1st + Bouchard would be a ridiculous price for the Oilers to pay, so I don't think that would go anywhere. Perhaps though there would be a futures package that could interest Briere.
    Clarky11 a aimé ceci.
    24 nov. 2023 à 0 h 42
    Rejoint: avr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,394
    The Hawks may take Broberg, a position that they are deep at with players and prospects, but it means it's a 1st rounder attached to take soupy, maybe even more. Broberg is a 3rd liner at this point and the Hawks have plenty of those in their prospect system.
    Garak a aimé ceci.
    24 nov. 2023 à 7 h 20
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,654
    Quoting: Bast

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. Use the assets they WOULD use on a cap dump to bring in some young talent and then buy him out over the summer.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here. The first part and the second part seem to conflict, imo. I would think a Campbell buyout would send the message that EDM brass believes in this roster, doesn't want to tear it down, and wants to fix the problems. Those assets could not only replenish their pipeline, but they could also use those assets to buy talent. Although, the buyout penalty could handcuff them a bit, but after this year, with the cap going up exponentially over the next few years, I think that would be manageable. Although, the players probably want them to figure it out NOW and salvage THIS SEASON. After all, this was supposed to be EDM's season.
    24 nov. 2023 à 7 h 24
    Quoting: ChiHawk
    The Hawks may take Broberg, a position that they are deep at with players and prospects, but it means it's a 1st rounder attached to take soupy, maybe even more. Broberg is a 3rd liner at this point and the Hawks have plenty of those in their prospect system.

Yeah. LHD shouldn't be interesting to CHI at this point, and one so close to being labeled a bust is not worth a 1st.
    ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
    24 nov. 2023 à 8 h 13
    exo2769
    Quoting: Garak
    Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. Use the assets they WOULD use on a cap dump to bring in some young talent and then buy him out over the summer.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here. The first part and the second part seem to conflict, imo. I would think a Campbell buyout would send the message that EDM brass believes in this roster, doesn't want to tear it down, and wants to fix the problems. Those assets could not only replenish their pipeline, but they could also use those assets to buy talent. Although, the buyout penalty could handcuff them a bit, but after this year, with the cap going up exponentially over the next few years, I think that would be manageable. Although, the players probably want them to figure it out NOW and salvage THIS SEASON. After all, this was supposed to be EDM's season.

Because picks take 3+ years to make the NHL and even longer to truly make an impact. If your team wants to win now like EDM beleieved their cup win is open, it's for NHLers and not picks or losing cap space.
    Garak a aimé ceci.
    24 nov. 2023 à 8 h 33
    Because picks take 3+ years to make the NHL and even longer to truly make an impact. If your team wants to win now like EDM beleieved their cup win is open, it's for NHLers and not picks or losing cap space.

For sure. But, again, they could just keep him buried for now, buy him out themselves next summer, and take those same assets they would be using to dump Campbell, to add to their roster, rather than subtract. There are other possible ways they can create cap space RIGHT NOW, if needed, as well. Dumping him isn't necessarily a BAD option. But it isn't the ONLY option, either.
    exo2769 a aimé ceci.
    24 nov. 2023 à 9 h 5
    exo2769
    Quoting: Garak
    For sure. But, again, they could just keep him buried for now, buy him out themselves next summer, and take those same assets they would be using to dump Campbell, to add to their roster, rather than subtract. There are other possible ways they can create cap space RIGHT NOW, if needed, as well. Dumping him isn't necessarily a BAD option. But it isn't the ONLY option, either.

Oh, I agree. It's just that EDM isn't really creating THAT much cap space by sending him down. It's still $3.85M with Campbell in Bakersfield which only gives $1.15M for a new goalie. I hear ya.
    Garak a aimé ceci.
    24 nov. 2023 à 13 h 49
    Oh, I agree. It's just that EDM isn't really creating THAT much cap space by sending him down. It's still $3.85M with Campbell in Bakersfield which only gives $1.15M for a new goalie. I hear ya.

Definitely. They could use the space. But they also might deplete a lot of their assets just getting rid of him. So, in using all those assets just to dump him, they put themselves in a position where they don't have many assets left to buy before the TDL. BUT, if they can get creative enough, i'm sure they can find the right pieces to get them back on the right track. It's a lot to consider, but I know I wouldn't trust Holland with all that. Putting myself in their shoes, it is going to be difficult to navigate, but as a CHI fan, JUST GIVE ME THE ASSETS! haha

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage