Mentions "j'aime": 4,191
what did I miss? Did he get run into?
7 déc. 2023 à 21 h 14
Sadness
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 982
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
what did I miss? Did he get run into?

coming across looks like he tweaked something... couldn't put any weight on his left leg
7 déc. 2023 à 21 h 15
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,191
Quoting: CameronSquires
coming across looks like he tweaked something... couldn't put any weight on his left leg

Darn! Groin pull? 6-8 weeker?

Sigh.
7 déc. 2023 à 21 h 20
Sadness
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
Darn! Groin pull? 6-8 weeker?

Sigh.

no idea yet, just hoping it's nothing serious or long term
7 déc. 2023 à 21 h 26
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,118
Get the puck out of your zone challenge impossible for us
7 déc. 2023 à 21 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Benoit why just why lul

This team in their own zone is lost and does more scramble than controlled plays
7 déc. 2023 à 21 h 31
Sadness
They won that for WOLL. GG

REGULATION WINS EXIST?!?!
TMLBRIAN et oneX a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2023 à 21 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Sammy once your back from sickness its your time to shine. You want your net back go earn it

Become the guy who was the OG Wall
TMLBRIAN a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2023 à 22 h 19
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,197
rest of the month looks extremely bleak.

jones as the backup. laggeson, benoit, timmins and lajoie all needing to play quality minutes. matthews playing over twenty minutes and putting up zeros on the scoresheet. ryan reaves.

can't trade your way out of this.
oneX a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2023 à 22 h 24
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 déc. 2023 à 22 h 30
Quoting: mondo
rest of the month looks extremely bleak.

jones as the backup. laggeson, benoit, timmins and lajoie all needing to play quality minutes. matthews playing over twenty minutes and putting up zeros on the scoresheet. ryan reaves.

can't trade your way out of this.

Jones as a backup is the least of our concern as we know he is an NHL goalie and he made 9/10 saves tonight. if Woll and Sammy were out would be more worried but Sammy should be back for Saturday and hes been pretty good for 3 of his 5 starts.

Matthews playing 20mins is about expected for a guy of his talent so what if he dont get a point every game happens to everyone. If he was actively costing them goals and points would have concern but he wasnt.

And Reaves wasnt even a problem tonight as the one play where they got scored on Brodie interfered with his own goalie. They had a good number of chances in OTT zone heck we saw a slapper from him.

The real issue is the Dcore rn. The guys have stepped up but are 1 injury away from disaster.

They need someone to slot next to McCabe whether its Tanev or someone else they need a capable top 4 RD there. Cause soon Rielly, Brodie, and McCabe gonna be worked to death.

As those guys mentioned can play third pair anyways so I got no concern for that. Benoit especially when hes not being pushed out of his comfort zone has been good.
7 déc. 2023 à 22 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Honestly a nice solution rn could just be looking to the last remaining UFA Dman Ethan Bear.

Hes rn a UFA (wont cost us assets) is expected back this month and unlike Van we can offer him playtime. Even when healthy he could have a spot

Cause if CGY dont want to trade and others are asking to much rn go get him to slot next to McCabe and then once Liligren is back along with Gio see how things go.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2023 à 22 h 35
torontos finest
Quoting: aadoyle
Jones as a backup is the least of our concern as we know he is an NHL goalie and he made 9/10 saves tonight. if Woll and Sammy were out would be more worried but Sammy just got a cold.

Matthews playing over 20mins is about expected for a guy of his talent so what if he dont get a point every game happens to everyone

And Reaves wasnt even a problem tonight as the one play where they got scored on Brodie interfered with his own goalie.

The real issue is the Dcore rn. The guys have stepped up but are 1 injury away from disaster.

They need someone to slot next to McCabe whether its Tanev or someone else they need a capable top 4 RD there

As those guys can play third pair

I don't trust a Sammy/Jones pairing, especially behind the defense they need to play. And Matthews is the highest paid player in the league, you need to show up on the scoresheet every night to justify how much cap space he's been allocated. Having multiple games where he does nothing isn't cutting it for a player of his calibre.

Reaves playing 7 minutes a night is a problem in of itself. Wasted roster space, wasted contract spot. He brings nothing.

I'm also not convinced Tanev is going to magically solve the problems with this team. Sick of seeing them throw away firsts on guys who play a season and leave for more money. Get a guy with term/control rather than blowing assets for a squad that doesn't deserve the short-term investment.
oneX a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2023 à 22 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 7 déc. 2023 à 22 h 54
Quoting: mondo
I don't trust a Sammy/Jones pairing, especially behind the defense they need to play. And Matthews is the highest paid player in the league, you need to show up on the scoresheet every night to justify how much cap space he's been allocated. Having multiple games where he does nothing isn't cutting it for a player of his calibre.

Reaves playing 7 minutes a night is a problem in of itself. Wasted roster space, wasted contract spot. He brings nothing.

I'm also not convinced Tanev is going to magically solve the problems with this team. Sick of seeing them throw away firsts on guys who play a season and leave for more money. Get a guy with term/control rather than blowing assets for a squad that doesn't deserve the short-term investment.

Sammy has been fine of recent days. Of his last 5 starts only 2 were bad. He had a 0.950 vs BOS, 0.939 vs. Van and in Sweden a 0.931 vs. DET. Those two are the least of our problems as both are capable NHL goalies who have shown to be able to put up good starts. If Sammy was hurt then I would have concerns as Jones/Hildeby would be a potential problem

But as we saw last year when Murray went down Sammy played his best hockey and firmly seized the net. Could happen again lets see.

Reaves playing 7mins is like MacEwan playing 4mins they know their role. But hey he was noticable for those 7mins even did a slapper. Rotating is best for a guy like him even Boudreau mentioned it

And being the highest paid player and not putting up a point in a game is nothing. Like what cause he makes 13m he has to put up points every night thats silly. Every player can go pointless once in a while. Its happened to McDavid, MacKinnon, and other guys making millions. As long they are not actively costing their team points with poor play then its 0 concern as Keefe said its more than just the points. If he was a -5 and showed no effort would have concerns but he had good moments this game and hit a lot posts that prevented potential goals.

For Tanev lets be real if Brad gave a 1st he would likely ensure beforehand to make CGY allow him to talk with Tanev's reps and go if I do this you gonna extend here. As Friedman mentioned if he traded for Zadorov/Tanev or both the intention would be to keep them beyond this season alone like what we saw NYI do with Horvat. And having a top 5 defensive D whose up there with Brodie would be nice. Cause if we look Leafs have spent a 1st on McCabe who is still here, ROR who they tried to keep but pressure got to him, Foligno who they tried to keep but was not the best use of it and BOS gave him more $$$$$, and Muzzin who their best 1st round add

https://twitter.com/nylanderthews/status/1730657004769726625

Cause as of rn this teams main issue is their Dcore. Its fragile and to many holes. Top 9 is good and the 4th line when used properly and we use rotation also works. Dcore cannot go into playoffs with Lagesson, Benoit, etc being 7-9 thats really all there is to it. As this team can score but cannot defend and getting a defensive minded guy like Tanev will help with that.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2023 à 22 h 56
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Your optimism @aadoyle is actually kinda commendable and you probably have a lot better time watching this Leaf team than I do.

EVEN when fully healthy (and excluding Klingberg) this is absolutely the midest TOR team since 2019.

They have disengaged stars, just a mixed bag of B6 players, terrible on the forecheck, terrible at killing off the cycle, special teams are a disaster, no sustainable offensive zone time, and have relied on a rookie goalie to carry them to the half respectable record they have right now.

Just sign Willy and ride this year out and regroup in the summer.
oneX a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2023 à 23 h 1
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Your optimism aadoyle is actually kinda commendable and you probably have a lot better time watching this Leaf team than I do.

EVEN when fully healthy (and excluding Klingberg) this is absolutely the midest TOR team since 2019.

They have disengaged stars, just a mixed bag of B6 players, terrible on the forecheck, terrible at killing off the cycle, special teams are a disaster, no sustainable offensive zone time, and have relied on a rookie goalie to carry them to the half respectable record they have right now.

Just sign Willy and ride this year out and regroup in the summer.

That would be the dumbest thing for a team to do

Thats how Willy leaves the team this summer and lose him for nothing

Dubas already did the no help in 2019-2020 and it was viewed badly. Lets waste a year of the 5 year window to do nothing that will make the fans happy.

Special teams have been better so I dont know where your getting disaster lul

79.93% PK which is 16th in NHL not ideal but better than CAR, VAN, and WPG all of whom are supposed to have better Dcore

PP 8th in the league at 24.2%

Like the only issues are cycle and defense those can be fixed by improving the D and bringing in some help thats really it

They have a nice third line whose been outworking their opponents and generating nice offense, Bertuzzi has won his mins and has fit well with JT, Marner looks better since being split from Matthews, and Nylander finally got a goal off a nice play by Knies.

Get one or two guys for this Dcore have Woll and Sammy going, and 2 of the big 4 engaged they are fine.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2023 à 23 h 2
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
That would be the dumbest thing for a team to do

Thats how Willy leaves the team this summer

Special teams have been better so I dont know where your getting disaster lul

Almost 79.93% PK which is 16th in NHL not ideal but better than CAR, VAN, and WPG all of whome are supposed to have better Dcore

PP 8th in the league at 24.2%

Like the only issues are cycle and defense those can be fixed by improving the D and bringing in some help thats really it

FLA went to the cup final without making a move, so no, it's not.

The playoffs a random as fukc
7 déc. 2023 à 23 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 déc. 2023 à 5 h 49
Quoting: MatthewsFan
FLA went to the cup final without making a move, so no, it's not.

The playoffs a random as fukc

Cinderalla dont grace everyone

Dont look to much into those runs as it will lead you no where

Look at the actual cup winners and see the moves they made

VGK: Barbashev, Quick, Bleuger Hill

TBL: Savard, Coleman, Goodrow

AVS: Manson, Kuemper, Cogliano, Lehkonen, Sturm

If Toronto goes out adds 2 nice Dman for this blueline and a 2-way Jarnkrok like forward for the bottom 6 they will be much better as less pucks will be going in and the offense will still be good.
7 déc. 2023 à 23 h 16
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,678
Does anyone know why Jones was given the win for tonight's game? Leafs were leading when woll went down and never lost the lead.

Feel like my fantasy team is getting screwed here
7 déc. 2023 à 23 h 16
torontos finest
Sammy has been fine of recent days. Of his last 5 starts only 2 were bad. He had a 0.950 vs BOS, 0.939 vs. Van and in Sweden a 0.931 vs. DET. Those two are the least of our problems as both are capable NHL goalies who have shown to be able to put up good starts. If Sammy was hurt then I would have concerns as Jones/Hildeby would be a potential problem

But as we saw last year when Murray went down Sammy played his best hockey and firmly seized the net. Could happen again lets see.

Reaves playing 7mins is like MacEwan playing 4mins they know their role. But hey he was noticable for those 7mins even did a slapper. Rotating is best for a guy like him even Boudreau mentioned it

Even with Samsonsov's decent statlines, I still don't have 100% faith in him long term, and have absolutely 0 faith in Jones. You might, but I don't.

I don't care if Reaves is "noticable" for 7 minutes, my point is he shouldn't be on NHL ice for 7 minutes at all. He's a 38 year facepuncher that got 3 million dollars to be a masking tape solution to "cultural issues" with the team. Really just a worst iteration of Simmonds and Clifford and Thornton.

And being the highest paid player and not putting up a point in a game is nothing. Like what cause he makes 13m he has to put up points every night thats silly. Every player can go pointless once in a while. Its happened to McDavid, MacKinnon, and other guys making millions. As long they are not actively costing their team points with poor play then its 0 concern as Keefe said its more than just the points. If he was a -5 and showed no effort would have concerns but he had good moments this game and hit a lot posts that prevented potential goals.

Sorry, I'm not buying the excuse of "off nights". Multiple times this season he's gone three games without putting up any points. For a forward taking up 7 digits of cap space, that's incredibly poor and worse than "once in a while". You can count the number of games MacKinnon has put up zeros on one hand, and McDavid's lackluster scoring this season has been a major issue for the Oilers. Matthews, along with Tavares and Marner, are paid to score. Marner being a point per game player didn't save him from scrutiny earlier, and he responded with a 3 goal game and has looked fine since. I think we need to give the same treatment to Matthews. Hitting the post and "potential goals" aren't goals, you need to actually score if you want to win. Don't give these guys the benefit of the doubt if they're the reason the team can't sign depth, they don't deserve it.

For Tanev lets be real if Brad gave a 1st he would likely ensure beforehand to make CGY allow him to talk with Tanev's reps and go if I do this you gonna extend here. As Friedman mentioned if he traded for Zadorov/Tanev or both the intention would be to keep them beyond this season alone like what we saw NYI do with Horvat. And having a top 5 defensive D whose up there with Brodie would be nice. Cause if we look Leafs have spent a 1st on McCabe who is still here, ROR who they tried to keep but pressure got to him, Foligno who they tried to keep but was not the best use of it and BOS gave him more $$$$$, and Muzzin who their best 1st round add

This is meaningless speculation. More than one team is going to be in on Tanev; Treliving doesn't have a lot of leeway if he decides to hold Toronto's first hostage to get a sign-and-trade done.
oneX a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2023 à 1 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
Does anyone know why Jones was given the win for tonight's game? Leafs were leading when woll went down and never lost the lead.

Feel like my fantasy team is getting screwed here

I think in the event of injury it goes to the backup

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage