UFAANSCAP HIT
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
Transactions
COL
  1. Niemelä, Topi
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
Détails additionnels:
Avs get a late 1st and a D prospect drafted in the late 2nd/early 3rd. That's roughly equivalent to the 1st+2nd package Hronek got and seems more or less like what Girard would fetch if traded.

Niemela likes to join the rush and activate in the OZ which would make him a good stylistic fit with Colorado's system.
TOR
  1. Girard, Samuel
Détails additionnels:
Toronto get a top 4 Dman signed for 3 more years. They basically only have Reilly and McCabe under contract on the blueline next year (plus Liljegren as an RFA) so they need to add 2-3 Dmen.
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de COL
Logo de TOR
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 500 000 $85 672 917 $0 $137 500 $1 827 083 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 5
12 600 000 $12 600 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 7
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 3
896 250 $896 250 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
AD
RFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG
UFA
870 000 $870 000 $ (Bonis de performance80 000 $$80K)
C, AG, AD
RFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, C
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
G
UFA
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
856 667 $856 667 $
DD
RFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 oct. 2023 à 8 h 43
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 160
idk much about Girard but assuming he's a good 2nd pair guy that has some quality defensive agility this is a good deal, mind you I'm a bit lower on Niemila compared to most leaf fans. Not sure Tre would do this since he likes big Defenseman
Richard88 et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2023 à 8 h 45
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
Modifié 23 oct. 2023 à 8 h 52
If the Leafs end up signing Nylander, they most likely won't be able to afford Girard even though, he's just making 5M. They could make other concessions upfront like not re-signing Bertuzzi and/or Domi, but I think they would rather save on defense where they could in the following two years (Niemela's ELC would help a lot if he makes the team next year). Treliving in general likes having a big defense, and he is looking to add someone with size to the Leafs blue line. I would also add, that they have Timmins who looks like he could maybe play in the top 4 in terms of offensive puck-moving defensemen.

If/when COL needs to move Girard, I think they could get a young NHL roster player who's at least a bit more proven than Niemela. Maybe even a 3-way trade that sends a guy like Adam Boqvist to COL, with Girard going to a 3rd team.
23 oct. 2023 à 8 h 54
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 325
Solid team , hopefully Landeskog can come back strong. I am also interested in seeing what Kovalenko can do in the NHL. RJo willbe another year older , might see him switch lines with Ross or a 2C brought in and Ross back to the wing. One key here is Byram staying healthy so they can feel confident moving Girard.
23 oct. 2023 à 9 h 5
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,590
I'm a fan of neither team but I'd say the comparison to Hronek falls short in two key ways:

1.) Hronek is a skilled RD which was a major need for the acquiring team (TOR won't have the same kind of press for smaller, skilled D)
2.) Hronek was in the midst of his career-best season in which he was on pace for ~50pts and was handily outperforming his teammates while playing primarily with Maatta and Chiarot

Girard doesn't fulfill either criteria and has a worse of a track record of being exploited for his size & defensive shortcomings than Hronek does. As such, I'd say your expectations on the return are a tad high- even if the 1st would be a later pick. Personally, I think FLA would make a lot of sense as a landing spot for Girard despite their lack of picks.
23 oct. 2023 à 10 h 37
Démarrer sujet
John 3 16
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,618
Quoting: SupremeBone
I'm a fan of neither team but I'd say the comparison to Hronek falls short in two key ways:

1.) Hronek is a skilled RD which was a major need for the acquiring team (TOR won't have the same kind of press for smaller, skilled D)
2.) Hronek was in the midst of his career-best season in which he was on pace for ~50pts and was handily outperforming his teammates while playing primarily with Maatta and Chiarot

Girard doesn't fulfill either criteria and has a worse of a track record of being exploited for his size & defensive shortcomings than Hronek does. As such, I'd say your expectations on the return are a tad high- even if the 1st would be a later pick. Personally, I think FLA would make a lot of sense as a landing spot for Girard despite their lack of picks.

Hronek may not have been the best stylistic comparison. But Girard easily gets a return like this. His defensive metrics are great, he's more than just a small offensive Dman.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2023 à 12 h 14
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,590
Quoting: Richard88
Hronek may not have been the best stylistic comparison. But Girard easily gets a return like this. His defensive metrics are great, he's more than just a small offensive Dman.

By the metrics I values, he seems to struggle quite uniformly on defense and my viewings of him generally support that. I won't try to impose that belief on you but, if you're willing to share, I'm curious what defensive metrics you're referring to?
23 oct. 2023 à 12 h 27
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,724
Quoting: GMBL
If the Leafs end up signing Nylander, they most likely won't be able to afford Girard even though, he's just making 5M. They could make other concessions upfront like not re-signing Bertuzzi and/or Domi, but I think they would rather save on defense where they could in the following two years (Niemela's ELC would help a lot if he makes the team next year). Treliving in general likes having a big defense, and he is looking to add someone with size to the Leafs blue line. I would also add, that they have Timmins who looks like he could maybe play in the top 4 in terms of offensive puck-moving defensemen.

If/when COL needs to move Girard, I think they could get a young NHL roster player who's at least a bit more proven than Niemela. Maybe even a 3-way trade that sends a guy like Adam Boqvist to COL, with Girard going to a 3rd team.

Counterpoint there being Niemela and Girard are approx the same size (1" difference one way but 10 lbs the other). Toronto has Klingberg and Brodie's cap hits clearing out at end of year, so money should work unless Tree is going to completely front load on offense and scrimp on defense and goaltending. Given his love of a strong defense, I don't think it's that likely that he cheaps out there.

While Girard is a offense first Damn, he is one of the better ones on defense, really taking on a more all around title than just pure offense.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2023 à 13 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,008
Will need to ponder this one but I like the potential

Girard has always been an interesting Dman

Last 2 years were not kind to him stats wise but this year he seems to be rebounding

Now I dont know what the plan for the Dcore is next year but he may be a target
23 oct. 2023 à 14 h 30
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Counterpoint there being Niemela and Girard are approx the same size (1" difference one way but 10 lbs the other). Toronto has Klingberg and Brodie's cap hits clearing out at end of year, so money should work unless Tree is going to completely front load on offense and scrimp on defense and goaltending. Given his love of a strong defense, I don't think it's that likely that he cheaps out there.

While Girard is a offense first Damn, he is one of the better ones on defense, really taking on a more all around title than just pure offense.

Girard is around the same height as Niemela but they aren't adding Niemela, he's already in the system. Just meant that if he's going to add a top-4D it's probably someone with size.

I do think they will be cheap on defense, because Klingber's money will basically just go to Nylander (if signed), Bertuzzi probably gets something similar or more, same with Domi. If they don't re-up one (or more of those guys there could be money to go around). The other thing is if they don't re-sign Samsonov they will get some money. Brodie coming off the books isn't really extra money imo, since they will at least need to pay a replacement for Brodie assuming they don't re-up him for around 3M. If Brodie has fallen off (starting to really seem like it) or just is not re-signed, then they need to be spending to replace their top defensive defenseman if someone is available (like Pesce) in FA. If not they probably get someone who is physical like Zadorov.
23 oct. 2023 à 16 h 11
Démarrer sujet
John 3 16
Girard is around the same height as Niemela but they aren't adding Niemela, he's already in the system. Just meant that if he's going to add a top-4D it's probably someone with size.

I do think they will be cheap on defense, because Klingber's money will basically just go to Nylander (if signed), Bertuzzi probably gets something similar or more, same with Domi. If they don't re-up one (or more of those guys there could be money to go around). The other thing is if they don't re-sign Samsonov they will get some money. Brodie coming off the books isn't really extra money imo, since they will at least need to pay a replacement for Brodie assuming they don't re-up him for around 3M. If Brodie has fallen off (starting to really seem like it) or just is not re-signed, then they need to be spending to replace their top defensive defenseman if someone is available (like Pesce) in FA. If not they probably get someone who is physical like Zadorov.

Niemela may be around the same size as Girard but let's not pretend like he's at Girard's level, at least not yet. Girard is a proven commodity, Niemela has a lot to prove to get to Girard's level as a top 4 Dman.
23 oct. 2023 à 18 h 13
Niemela may be around the same size as Girard but let's not pretend like he's at Girard's level, at least not yet. Girard is a proven commodity, Niemela has a lot to prove to get to Girard's level as a top 4 Dman.

Yeah, for sure just meant that Girard is probably not the type of defender that Treliving would be looking for, I guess it really depends on if he adds someone or not in the current season, but physicality (could be a 5-7th D) is something he's looking to add - he wanted Desharnais from EDM, and size in general is something he likes on the blue line. I don't think that automatically disqualifies Girard but because the Leafs already have a smallish defense (Rielly 6'1, McCabe 6'1, Liljegren 6'0, Timmins 6'2 -- Brodie 6'1, Klingberg 6'3, Giordano 6'1), I don't think Girard would be a trade target. GiggywithGibby made the counterpoint that Niemela is basically the same size as Girard, so I was just pointing out that Treliving wasn't acquiring Niemela, wasn't saying that he would have the same impact. Also, if Brodie is gone next year there would be a need for a DFD or a TWD that is more defensive than offensive.
23 oct. 2023 à 18 h 20
Démarrer sujet
John 3 16
Yeah, for sure just meant that Girard is probably not the type of defender that Treliving would be looking for, I guess it really depends on if he adds someone or not in the current season, but physicality (could be a 5-7th D) is something he's looking to add - he wanted Desharnais from EDM, and size in general is something he likes on the blue line. I don't think that automatically disqualifies Girard but because the Leafs already have a smallish defense (Rielly 6'1, McCabe 6'1, Liljegren 6'0, Timmins 6'2 -- Brodie 6'1, Klingberg 6'3, Giordano 6'1), I don't think Girard would be a trade target. GiggywithGibby made the counterpoint that Niemela is basically the same size as Girard, so I was just pointing out that Treliving wasn't acquiring Niemela, wasn't saying that he would have the same impact. Also, if Brodie is gone next year there would be a need for a DFD or a TWD that is more defensive than offensive.

For the same reasons you outlined that would imply that Treliving would be very likely to trade Niemela (regardless of whether it is for Girard or not). What do you think Niemela's value would be in isolation right now?
23 oct. 2023 à 18 h 22
Banni
Rejoint: oct. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 155
i gotta think leaf’s say no but it’s a very interesting offer
24 oct. 2023 à 0 h 28
For the same reasons you outlined that would imply that Treliving would be very likely to trade Niemela (regardless of whether it is for Girard or not).

Maybe, but I wasn't arguing that he wouldn't be available. Although, if Niemela's game translates to the NH-level, they would be getting a strong defensive RHD, that can also join the rush as you mentioned, which is kind of what they need to replace Brodie (in the next couple of years at least). He might not be ready yet for next year, but he should still be cheap for the 2025-26 season, which would help them with the cap crunch that they would be facing if they re-sign Nylander.

What do you think Niemela's value would be in isolation right now?

Not sure really, I think he's probably considered a B+ prospect so at least a 2nd (maybe a 2nd+, but less than a 1st). I think the value of the trade is pretty fair.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage