SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-24 NHL Season Discussion Thread #1: Here we Go!

9 nov. 2023 à 22 h 51
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: McGruff
SNAP QUIZ:
Which club is only 2pts out of tieing for 1st OVERALL thus far??
'hint: Juiceman'

Oilers and the 1st overall pick after tonight
9 nov. 2023 à 23 h 11
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,852
ZETTER!
McGruff a aimé ceci.
9 nov. 2023 à 23 h 14
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,704
Quoting: Juiceman
I was praying for a wildcard spot. It’s been 84 years since the Canucks have been this good

Go screen capture NHL.com league standings...#3 OVERALL!
fook me
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
9 nov. 2023 à 23 h 24
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,488
Woodcroft’s head looks to be in the guillotine
9 nov. 2023 à 23 h 30
GM CRIME DAWG
Modifié 9 nov. 2023 à 23 h 37
Quoting: yikes
ZETTER!

I have the radio & boxscore online...
Blackwood 14 saves/14 shots, 1000 SV%, 2PK's ("bend boys but don't break")
Stu 5 saves/6 shots .833% ("no breaks, no bends, no happy boys")

Update
It's tied...
9 nov. 2023 à 23 h 36
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
I have the radio & boxscore online...
Blackwood 14 saves/14 shots, 1000 SV%, 2PK's ("bend boys but don't break")
Stu 5 saves/6 shots .833% ("no breaks, no bends, no happy boys")

Great shot by Nurse breaks the trend
9 nov. 2023 à 23 h 47
GM CRIME DAWG
Modifié 10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 9
"Off the 'crost', or the cross-bar or the post" - riveting sharkie radio squad...
2-1 SanJosie (under review)

Blackwood stopping ev-ree-thing to end the 2-period..................

"The score is as follows: 2-1 SJS"
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 13
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 970
"Off the 'crost', or the cross-bar or the post" - riveting sharkie radio squad...
2-1 SanJosie (under review)

Great shot by Nurse breaks the trend

Addison has actually looked good on D so far. Hertl's goal to go up 2-1 was just plain weak effort and lapse of defensive basics from Evander Kane. Hertl is literally standing on the blueline when the Sharks enter the zone; he then just coasts into prime scoring position with Kane watching until its too late then he lunges at the puck; just 1 or 2 strides to stay with Hertl from the get go and he would not be wide open.

Same stuff I see every time I watch the Oilers from McDavid, Draisatl, and Kane. Hyman and RNH are the only top 6 guys that try to play 2-way consistently.
McGruff et yikes a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 14
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,095
Im just wondering if things dont turn around (besides the rentals) who does EDM try to move

Kane, Hyman, or RNH

Hyman is interesting to me as a buddy of mine said he would love to see him go back to Toronto. My one gripe that contract.
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 19
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Addison has actually looked good on D so far. Hertl's goal to go up 2-1 was just plain weak effort and lapse of defensive basics from Evander Kane. Hertl is literally standing on the blueline when the Sharks enter the zone; he then just coasts into prime scoring position with Kane watching until its too late then he lunges at the puck; just 1 or 2 strides to stay with Hertl from the get go and he would not be wide open.

Same stuff I see every time I watch the Oilers from McDavid, Draisatl, and Kane. Hyman and RNH are the only top 6 guys that try to play 2-way consistently.

Addison has been awesome so far. Great awareness and IQ showing so far, and an active stick thats made safe and important plays.

Hard to speak on the Oilers before the game ends for me
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 20
Arturri Lehkonen went to the hospital after this play from a bump from Oleksiak into the boards

Tough to see it, Avs updated with: "alert, responsive and has full movement."

Just a bad break, no hatred for Oleksiak as that was just an awkward situation for Lehkonen; despite the slight push from Oleksiak
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 22
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: aadoyle
Im just wondering if things dont turn around (besides the rentals) who does EDM try to move

Kane, Hyman, or RNH

Hyman is interesting to me as a buddy of mine said he would love to see him go back to Toronto. My one gripe that contract.

OIL Retain $, 3-rd team sucks up some dough $, or a Reaves/Klig/other waived traded by TML to make room...

Be forewarned tho - my crazy ACGM-arse does Ullmark < < for > > Hyman straight-up and blows ur TREE-rhesus monkey offer to bits!
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 24
Hakuna Matata
OIL Retain $, 3-rd team sucks up some dough $, or a Reaves/Klig/other waived traded by TML to make room...

Be forewarned tho - my crazy ACGM-arse does Ullmark < < for > > Hyman straight-up and blows ur TREE-rhesus monkey offer to bits!

If im Boston I just keep the goalies. Unless EDM really overpays

And actually the trade would probs be more so 3 team where Bertuzzi goes to 3rd team, Toronto gets Hyman, EDM assets from both teams.

Klingberg will probs go in a deal similar to what we saw with Barrie for Ekholm (minus ret)

Its just a matter of seeing which of interest is not in hunt anymore.
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 25
GM CRIME DAWG

Addison has been awesome so far. Great awareness and IQ showing so far, and an active stick thats made safe and important plays.

Hard to speak on the Oilers before the game ends for me

I've only watched maybe two or three games - Addison passed the eye test each time.
* Coach/GM are looking more for size/truck-ulance (WILD had to many horz-challenged D-men)
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 26

I can't see Boston doing anything with their goalies this season; but moving some futures to Montreal for Monahan as that just seems like the most obvious trade in the world.
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 27
GM CRIME DAWG
If im Boston I just keep the goalies. Unless EDM really overpays

And actually the trade would probs be more so 3 team where Bertuzzi goes to 3rd team, Toronto gets Hyman, EDM assets from both teams.

Klingberg will probs go in a deal similar to what we saw with Barrie for Ekholm (minus ret)

Its just a matter of seeing which of interest is not in hunt anymore.

Clearly EDM needs a Goalie.
Holland better be looking for that 110% and getting that done NUMERO_UNO (to heck w/ what other clubs want) or he's an id-jut.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Holland better be looking for that 110% and getting that done NUMERO_UNO (to heck w/ what other clubs want) or he's an id-jut.

I got a feeling EDM gonna make a trade with SJS for Blackwood after tonight
HockeyScotty et McGruff a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 31
Oh dang! That sequence from from the 1st minute to the 2nd in the 3rd period was poetic. Oilers just pushing the play not breaking thru then a quick turnover on the boards back the other way and 2-1 gets potted by Zadina.
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 31
GM CRIME DAWG
I can't see Boston doing anything with their goalies this season; but moving some futures to Montreal for Monahan as that just seems like the most obvious trade in the world.

Trade from a position of strength (goal) - SWAY/Bussi new mix.
Get a position of need FWD (obv 1C is best - but Hyman's a gamer, Guentzel etc.) they/that's worthy of going next level.
HockeyScotty a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 31
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK

EDM pig roasting me when I say they should trade for Blackwood + picks w/ Campbell..
They're seeing why he's making hockey fun again for himself and for goalie fans.

I doubt SJS move him, loving watching him play.
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 33

100%

What would the Sharks demand in return?
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 36
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
100%

What would the Sharks demand in return?

Overpay or we keep him. He's 26 years old.
Make's zero sense to move a goalie for at this pace he's playing at (the Carey Price smooth and steady pace)
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 38
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
One of the weakest calls I've ever seen called there on Eklund
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 41
The Oilers right now remind me very much of what the Avs went thru in our "worst ever" season. We had so much talent it didn't make sense but no breaks and every mistake just blew up in our face. It was brutal.

The GM stayed with the newly hired coach; trimmed out the selfish superstar with bad attitude (Matt Duchene) and finally broke thru into perennial elite team over the next few seasons.

Interestingly enough, Calvin Pickard was our backup goalie!
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2023 à 0 h 42
GM CRIME DAWG
Overpay or we keep him. He's 26 years old.
Make's zero sense to move a goalie for at this pace he's playing at (the Carey Price smooth and steady pace)

With all due respect - does Blackwood move the "ticking time bomb needle" that is making EDM Cup-final worthy before Leo leaves in just 150gms as UFA or then McJ leaves in 225gms UFA???

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage