SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Arizona Coyotes signed Jan Jeník (1 Year / $775,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

20 sept. 2023 à 12 h 23
Jan Jeník has signed a new contract with the Arizona Coyotes.
Contrat standard
Contrats comparablesCOMPARER CE CONTRAT
SIGNÉ PAR: Bill Armstrong
Durée: 1 an
Valeur: 775 000 $
Statut à l’échéance du contrat: RFA (Arb)
% Cap Info-bulle: 0,93
Contrat signé avec: Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaCoyotes de l'Arizona
Date de signature: 20 sept. 2023

Jan Jeník a signé un contrat de 1 ans d'une valeur de 775 000 $ avec les Coyotes de l'Arizona, le 20 sept. 2023. Le contrat comporte un cap hit de 775 000 $.

SAISONClauseCap hitInfo-bulleAAV Info-bulleBonis de performanceInfo-bulleBonis de signatureInfo-bulleSalaire de baseInfo-bulleSalaire totalInfo-bulleSalaire mineuresInfo-bulle
2023-24775 000 $775 000 $0 $0 $775 000 $775 000 $100 000 $
TOTAL775 000 $775 000 $0 $0 $775 000 $775 000 $100 000 $
Offre qualificativeInfo-bulle: 813 750 $
SALAIRE MINIMUM GARANTI: 2023-24: 125 000 $
20 sept. 2023 à 12 h 32
ISLANDERS
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5
I'm voting no, but it's out of sympathy for the player. Coyotes are a team that forever rebuild.
20 sept. 2023 à 12 h 41
Driedger Clan
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 250
Small signing but got a feeling it's a sign and trade soon since it was reported he wants out.
rollie1967, TheFastAndTheFleuryous, Chabotrrorr and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2023 à 12 h 48
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 272
Whose looking for a new agent and most likely a new team- Jenik. If you cant crack that dumpster fire of a roster in Arizona after multiple chances... maybe youre not that good? or at least not the right fit.
Chabotrrorr a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2023 à 13 h 7
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 27
He was given several chances on the weakest roster of the NHL - couldn't crack it. Now he has to go through waivers to go to the AHL, so what team would be willing to pay for such a player? It's not like he was a high pick either, and used to be a high-end prospect (ex: Turris a decade ago, also in ARI). To be honest, he'll probably be waived after camp and only after passing the waivers will he be traded, and that'll be for future considerations.
Chabotrrorr a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2023 à 13 h 35
Mentions "j'aime": 855
This is a good signing, even if he doesn't play in the NHL this year. That said, if he doesn't play in the NHL this year, then he will be looking for a trade before the end of the season.
20 sept. 2023 à 19 h 12
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,252
If he isn't a Nhler and doesn't collect the 775K than 100% he should play for his home country next year.

Imagine trying to live the American dream but only collect 125K.
20 sept. 2023 à 19 h 19
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Quoting: exeko123
He was given several chances on the weakest roster of the NHL - couldn't crack it. Now he has to go through waivers to go to the AHL, so what team would be willing to pay for such a player? It's not like he was a high pick either, and used to be a high-end prospect (ex: Turris a decade ago, also in ARI). To be honest, he'll probably be waived after camp and only after passing the waivers will he be traded, and that'll be for future considerations.

This is a weird take to me. He had a major injury his draft year and fell off a lot of people's draft boards. D+1 he was over a ppg with Hamilton. D+2 he was 22g-34a-56p in 27 games, again with Hamilton in the O. Since early then he has been constantly banged up and underwhelming, but he had 47 points in 51 games in Tucson two years ago.
I can't see any reason to be this negative on a guy that skates well and can play anywhere in the lineup and plays with a little sandpaper. He either comes into camp ready and earns a shot, or he goes through waivers. Lots of guys in that position. I don't see the reason for all the hate. I don't even necessarily agree that he's had a real chance to make the squad as they've been committed to keeping guys in Tucson (see: Soderstrom, who has also been underwhelming and a bit mercurial and probably winds up back in Tucson unless he steals a spot). He got his cup of coffee as a reward and a chance to evaluate him at this level, and the results were mixed at best, but there's no reason to think he can't be a good utility player for them or someone else if he stays healthy and puts in the work.
Honestly thought they'd save the contract slot and loan him out to Europe again, like they did a few years back when he went to Finland, so they think he has a future in North America either here or elsewhere, or they wouldn't use their next to last contract slot. They are at 49 (assuming Geekie and Maveric slide and return to jr).
V123 a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2023 à 21 h 38
Why Green
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Solid signing by the Yotes.
21 sept. 2023 à 0 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 970
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
If he isn't a Nhler and doesn't collect the 775K than 100% he should play for his home country next year.

Imagine trying to live the American dream but only collect 125K.

This is the reason I feel that the NHL should build an "EHL" in Europe that is AHL-level but allows these guys to play closer to home. Would also have the effect of allowing North American players more professional jobs in the AHL. Everyone can play closer to home/families/home language/etc.
21 sept. 2023 à 14 h 46
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: HockeyScotty
This is the reason I feel that the NHL should build an "EHL" in Europe that is AHL-level but allows these guys to play closer to home. Would also have the effect of allowing North American players more professional jobs in the AHL. Everyone can play closer to home/families/home language/etc.

I like the idea. It may even help the European fans connect better with an NHL team. But I think NHL teams might be concerned that they won't be able to make emergency call-ups due to the travel. Also, the NHL teams want their prospects to get used to playing on NHL-sized ice, though with the European rinks being bigger, maybe it's not too difficult to put up temporary boards inside the existing boards.
21 sept. 2023 à 15 h 8
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 970
Quoting: jr400
I like the idea. It may even help the European fans connect better with an NHL team. But I think NHL teams might be concerned that they won't be able to make emergency call-ups due to the travel. Also, the NHL teams want their prospects to get used to playing on NHL-sized ice, though with the European rinks being bigger, maybe it's not too difficult to put up temporary boards inside the existing boards.

Yeah it would be a 20-30 year plan to adapt but got to start somewhere. It's better than losing NHL borderline talent out of their control. With the KHL losing power/prestige now is the best time

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage