Forums/Armchair-GM

Canes scary good if upgrade 2C

Créé par: DarthCane
Équipe: 2023-24 Hurricanes de la Caroline
Date de création initiale: 13 sept. 2023
Publié: 13 sept. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This might be an overpayment for Lindholm, and I'm not even requiring that he resign for long term, although they'd hope to do that. Once Flames accept that they're rebuilding, this is an incredible deal because they get one 1st and then can trade Pesce at the deadline for another 1st or more. They also can try Drury in a bigger role at C than he'll get in Carolina. Canes become MUCH deeper and better down the middle, with a second line of Svech, Lindholm, and Necas that might be their top scoring line.

Skjei or Orlov would have to play off side but I think that's doable. OR Skjei goes in the trade and Pesce pairs with Orlov or even TDA.
Transactions
CGY
  1. Drury, Jack
  2. Pesce, Brett
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CAR
Logo de PHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $81 329 417 $450 000 $500 000 $2 170 583 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
8 460 250 $8 460 250 $
C
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD
RFA - 1
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 6
Logo de Flames de Calgary
4 850 000 $4 850 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 820 000 $4 820 000 $
C
UFA - 7
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 2
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 280 000 $5 280 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 675 000 $1 675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
13 sept. 2023 à 12 h 33
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,634
That doesn't get you Lindholm lol
13 sept. 2023 à 12 h 40
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,032
Kotkaniemi was fine at 2C last year, don't need Lindholm, who I've argued before is not an upgrade. He's a 60 point 2C, which is fine, but Kotkaniemi was on a 60 point pace in the New Year. No reason to lose all these assets for production that's already on the roster. It makes more sense to keep Pesce and target Backlund for 3C, pushing the Martinook - Staal - Fast line down to the 4th.
13 sept. 2023 à 13 h 1
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,482
Canes aren’t going to overpay for Lindholm, and they aren’t going to move KK down the roster. Backlund is a more reasonable target.
13 sept. 2023 à 13 h 16
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,560
Quoting: Caniac2000
Kotkaniemi was fine at 2C last year, don't need Lindholm, who I've argued before is not an upgrade. He's a 60 point 2C, which is fine, but Kotkaniemi was on a 60 point pace in the New Year. No reason to lose all these assets for production that's already on the roster. It makes more sense to keep Pesce and target Backlund for 3C, pushing the Martinook - Staal - Fast line down to the 4th.

So with lindholm we look at his whole career, but with kotkaniemi we cherry pick 47 of 319 games

BTW, lindholm is a 73 points per 82 games the last 3 years, kotkaniemi is 37. Half the production while making more money tears of joy
13 sept. 2023 à 13 h 33
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 497
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
That doesn't get you Lindholm lol

That definitely gets you very close to Lindholm.
13 sept. 2023 à 13 h 35
Quoting: PuzzledActuary
That definitely gets you very close to Lindholm.

Really? Very late 1st, depth player, and who would be the Flames 4th best RD? How intriguing...
13 sept. 2023 à 13 h 38
Really? Very late 1st, depth player, and who would be the Flames 4th best RD? How intriguing...

Brett Pesce would be the Flames 4th best RD? On a team that can't make the playoffs in the Pacific division?

Drury is a depth player?

Yikes.
ArakinSkywalker et DarthCane a aimé ceci.
13 sept. 2023 à 13 h 42
Brett Pesce would be the Flames 4th best RD? On a team that can't make the playoffs in the Pacific division?

Drury is a depth player?

Yikes.

LMAO yes. There is no chance you consider Pesce to be better than Andersson and Weegar. Him and Tanev are close but Tanev is undoubtedly better defensively. You realize that The Flames RD depth when they won the division the year prior was worse right? Gudbranson was upgraded to Weegar last offseason. The defense is far from the reason the Flames didn't make the playoffs.

Drury is ok but his ceiling is 3rd line. That is a depth player
13 sept. 2023 à 13 h 49
LMAO yes. There is no chance you consider Pesce to be better than Andersson and Weegar. Him and Tanev are close but Tanev is undoubtedly better defensively. You realize that The Flames RD depth when they won the division the year prior was worse right? Gudbranson was upgraded to Weegar last offseason. The defense is far from the reason the Flames didn't make the playoffs.

Drury is ok but his ceiling is 3rd line. That is a depth player

K
13 sept. 2023 à 14 h 56
Rejoint: sept. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 99
Pesce isn't a position of need and Drury would barely crack our roster. The only thing here the Flames would be looking at is that late first and that alone doesn't get Lindholm half retained.
13 sept. 2023 à 15 h 17
Quoting: FlameFlameFruit
Pesce isn't a position of need and Drury would barely crack our roster. The only thing here the Flames would be looking at is that late first and that alone doesn't get Lindholm half retained.

lol take another look at the Flames roster....Drury would make it.

The bias amongst people here regarding their own teams is laughable.
13 sept. 2023 à 15 h 22
Modifié 13 sept. 2023 à 15 h 28
lol take another look at the Flames roster....Drury would make it.

The bias amongst people here regarding their own teams is laughable.

He's 23 and only played as many games as he did because of injuries and Carolina's lack of a true 4C. Calgary has guys in the system who have been victims of the Sutter effect who we've spent time developing that deserve the call up. I'd love to give Zary that role.

If we're moving Lindholm at the TDL with retention, it's very safe to assume we'd look for more value here. As Pesce isn't an organizational need and Drury isn't a "prospect" that threads any needles. That's being biased? alright then. sure.
13 sept. 2023 à 15 h 40
He's 23 and only played as many games as he did because of injuries and Carolina's lack of a true 4C. Calgary has guys in the system who have been victims of the Sutter effect who we've spent time developing that deserve the call up. I'd love to give Zary that role.

If we're moving Lindholm at the TDL with retention, it's very safe to assume we'd look for more value here. As Pesce isn't an organizational need and Drury isn't a "prospect" that threads any needles. That's being biased? alright then. sure.

Where do you see retention? He has 25 games left under contract if he's traded at the deadline, he's dirt cheap.

Lindholm in all likelihood won't be re-signing in CGY - CGY knows that, the rest of the league knows that. To expect a much bigger return than this is setting yourself up for a rude awakening.

30 teams can sign him for free in the summer.
13 sept. 2023 à 15 h 47
Where do you see retention? He has 25 games left under contract if he's traded at the deadline, he's dirt cheap.

Lindholm in all likelihood won't be re-signing in CGY - CGY knows that, the rest of the league knows that. To expect a much bigger return than this is setting yourself up for a rude awakening.

30 teams can sign him for free in the summer.

I said this similar thing about a possible Backlund trade:

The best thing about mock trade websites is that GM's usually think different than us fans do. We see time and time again GM's LOVE overpaying for guys because they WANT them.
See a 1st for Foligno, a 2nd for Greenway, an entire draft class for Jeannot, a 1st for Chiarot, etc etc.

Do you honestly believe a defensively responsible top 6C scoring at 73 points per 82 games the past three seasons will be "dirt cheap"? (and yes, it's likely we'd retain on him if moved)

Calgary has no incentive to sell him cheap just because he won't resign, and there is always a chance that a team can extend him if they trade for him. If he's a rental, I see a trade being a bit less than the Horvat comp. If he extends where he is traded, I'm looking at a similar trade. A 1st, B prospect, and a decent roster player.

Once again, this trade doesn't do much to make Calgary panic to trade him.
13 sept. 2023 à 15 h 53
Démarrer sujet
DarthCane
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 27

I agree that KK improved over the second half of the season. I don't like gambling on that continuing. I think Lindholm is enough of an upgrade to warrant the cost. I don't love Staal as the 4C either, but this is forward depth down the middle and makes EVERY line a threat. That's how teams win cups IMO.
13 sept. 2023 à 15 h 58
Démarrer sujet
DarthCane

LOL, ok! This whole trade is based on Flames starting to rebuild because guys on expiring contracts are not re-signing with the team. It's not about Pesce being a need, but that they could get a huge haul for him at the TDL. Drury is definitely depth player now, but there's a lot of upside there.
13 sept. 2023 à 16 h 3
Démarrer sujet
DarthCane
Quoting: evelutions2
Canes aren’t going to overpay for Lindholm, and they aren’t going to move KK down the roster. Backlund is a more reasonable target.

I think Canes are fine on bottom six. I really think KK is more a 3C than a 2C (but would be happy to be wrong). The whole premise of this trade is that upgrading at 2C makes the whole lineup that much better. Canes need to accept that once in a while overpaying is the right move when you're in a Cup window. This year is critical because next season means raises for whole bunch players on reasonable and cheap contracts. 2C has been this team's biggest weakness for several years now.
13 sept. 2023 à 16 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,016
The issue is CGY has 0 need for a Dman as they are pretty well set. Necas going the other way and Lindholm coming with an extension would make things interesting
13 sept. 2023 à 17 h 2
I said this similar thing about a possible Backlund trade:

The best thing about mock trade websites is that GM's usually think different than us fans do. We see time and time again GM's LOVE overpaying for guys because they WANT them.
See a 1st for Foligno, a 2nd for Greenway, an entire draft class for Jeannot, a 1st for Chiarot, etc etc.

Do you honestly believe a defensively responsible top 6C scoring at 73 points per 82 games the past three seasons will be "dirt cheap"? (and yes, it's likely we'd retain on him if moved)

Calgary has no incentive to sell him cheap just because he won't resign, and there is always a chance that a team can extend him if they trade for him. If he's a rental, I see a trade being a bit less than the Horvat comp. If he extends where he is traded, I'm looking at a similar trade. A 1st, B prospect, and a decent roster player.

Once again, this trade doesn't do much to make Calgary panic to trade him.

lol you don't understand how salaries in the NHL work.

He IS dirt cheap, especially at the deadline.
13 sept. 2023 à 17 h 24
Quoting: DarthCane
I agree that KK improved over the second half of the season. I don't like gambling on that continuing. I think Lindholm is enough of an upgrade to warrant the cost. I don't love Staal as the 4C either, but this is forward depth down the middle and makes EVERY line a threat. That's how teams win cups IMO.

He's not. Lindholm is what people label KK as. Lindholm is actually below average defensively in terms of xG, he's not great in the dot, and his offensive metrics are above average, but they're not special. KK's offensive analytics are down the toilet, but his defensive underlyings are among the best in the NHL. If he can do that while being such a strong defensive presence, Lindholm is just not needed. Backlund makes far more sense. Considering Kotkaniemi's shooting percentage in the first half of the season was astronomically low, I think it's a lot more likely than you make it out to be. If you want to grab a C from Calgary anyway, make it Backlund. He is what Calgary fans will try to convince you Lindholm is
13 sept. 2023 à 17 h 37
lol you don't understand how salaries in the NHL work.

He IS dirt cheap, especially at the deadline.

I was referring to his trade value not being dirt cheap.

Precisely. Dirt cheap salary with retention, means we get more for him. Thanks for agreeing.
13 sept. 2023 à 17 h 55
He's not. Lindholm is what people label KK as. Lindholm is actually below average defensively in terms of xG, he's not great in the dot, and his offensive metrics are above average, but they're not special. KK's offensive analytics are down the toilet, but his defensive underlyings are among the best in the NHL. If he can do that while being such a strong defensive presence, Lindholm is just not needed. Backlund makes far more sense. Considering Kotkaniemi's shooting percentage in the first half of the season was astronomically low, I think it's a lot more likely than you make it out to be. If you want to grab a C from Calgary anyway, make it Backlund. He is what Calgary fans will try to convince you Lindholm is

Context. KK had “great” defensive numbers but his quality of competition is nearing non existent. He was sheltered. We’ll see those cherry picked xGA numbers drop once Brindy plays him against harder matchups.
13 sept. 2023 à 18 h 23
Context. KK had “great” defensive numbers but his quality of competition is nearing non existent. He was sheltered. We’ll see those cherry picked xGA numbers drop once Brindy plays him against harder matchups.

His stats actually got better when he was put back between Svechnikov and Necas. He's got brilliant defensive numbers, and this isn't anything new. He's had these since he was a rookie in Montreal. Kotkaniemi's always been exceptionally strong defensively. You want to sight his quality of competition, so here's a three year sample size. It's large enough to say that the quality of competition will not affect this enough to sway the numbers by more than 0.2% at the most given almost 2500 minutes of ice time.

wCQn6W7ddZaSQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png?width=741&height=610
13 sept. 2023 à 18 h 41
Three year samples negate QoT and QoC due to the sheer size of the sample. It's much closer to a census than a selected few. QoC would make very little difference.

Kotkaniemi's straight up more valuable. Better contract because he has term, better defensively, and while Lindholm is better offensively, Kotkaniemi's 23. Oh, and you sight Lindholm's scoring pace, but funny how you leave out that his pace dropped to a 60 point pace without Gaudreau and Tkachuk on his wings...

Once you said KK is more valuable I stopped reading, not gonna lie.
13 sept. 2023 à 18 h 43
Once you said KK is more valuable I stopped reading, not gonna lie.

Can't handle facts I see, enjoy watching all your favorite players walk in free agency next summer won't you?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage