SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Anaheim Ducks

Bleacher Report Article

11 sept. 2023 à 20 h 57
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 11,949
Bleacher Report came out with a ‘5 Bold Trade Predictions’ and has a Gibson for Merzlikins+ trade.

Thoughts and what would you like to see the trade be?

@OldNYifan @GiggywithGibby @Jded
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2023 à 20 h 58
Démarrer sujet
11 sept. 2023 à 21 h 7
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,389
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Bleacher Report came out with a ‘5 Bold Trade Predictions’ and has a Gibson for Merzlikins+ trade.

OldNYifan GiggywithGibby Jded

Unless we're getting their 2024 first or a defense stud back, I don't see the value in saving the $1 million per.
LosPatos a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2023 à 21 h 7
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,770

OldNYifan GiggywithGibby Jded

I don't, quite frankly. Columbus seems like a particularly braindead suggestion. Theyre what, a year further up in their rebuild? Otherwise I'm basically the same position we are in?

Then we have to take Elvis back who's signed to the same term, is one year younger, and just generally not as good.
OldNYIfan et LosPatos a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2023 à 21 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Unless we're getting their 2024 first or a defense stud back, I don't see the value in saving the $1 million per.

Quoting: GiggywithGibby
I don't, quite frankly. Columbus seems like a particularly braindead suggestion. Theyre what, a year further up in their rebuild? Otherwise I'm basically the same position we are in?

Then we have to take Elvis back who's signed to the same term, is one year younger, and just generally not as good.

Basically what I figured but was wondering what all of the fellas thought
OldNYIfan et LosPatos a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2023 à 21 h 21
Future Ducks legend
Basically what I figured but was wondering what all of the fellas thought

I could see New Jersey or Buffalo being realistic targets. There's also the discussion about Edmonton if Gibson REALLY wants a cup, they're a goalie away. Skinner fell apart in the playoffs and Soups lost the net in the regular season. I think Campbell would be very rehab-able with our goalie coaching staff, but I'd also want a huge pound of flesh.

That's the only three realistic destinations.
11 sept. 2023 à 21 h 31
Démarrer sujet
I could see New Jersey or Buffalo being realistic targets. There's also the discussion about Edmonton if Gibson REALLY wants a cup, they're a goalie away. Skinner fell apart in the playoffs and Soups lost the net in the regular season. I think Campbell would be very rehab-able with our goalie coaching staff, but I'd also want a huge pound of flesh.

That's the only three realistic destinations.

I agree but the only problem with Edmonton is that it is Canada so I would assume it would be a no

I think Jersey is the top spot but I don’t know how much we could get back

I wouldn’t mind retaining like $900,000 on Gibby leaving him with a $5,500,000 cap hit as well

Another possible stop that probably isn’t but I’ve thought of a few times is Carolina as well
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2023 à 22 h 0
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,781

This is exactly where I’m at. Totally cool to move Gibby, and Columbus is needy. But I’d way rather have Gibby than Merz. Honestly just a non-starter from my pov if Merz is coming back. They’d have to add something that they’d never be willing to include for it to be worthwhile from my pov
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2023 à 22 h 44
Future Ducks legend
I agree but the only problem with Edmonton is that it is Canada so I would assume it would be a no

I think Jersey is the top spot but I don’t know how much we could get back

I wouldn’t mind retaining like $900,000 on Gibby leaving him with a $5,500,000 cap hit as well

Another possible stop that probably isn’t but I’ve thought of a few times is Carolina as well

Carolina seems happy with their trie of Andersson, Ranta, and their kid. Besides, they spent too much in FA.

As to Canada, yeah, but it's down to how bad does he want a cup vs how much his wife will enjoy the next 4 years there.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
12 sept. 2023 à 18 h 4
LosPatos
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,884
I take anything from bleacher report with a grain of salt. That trade makes little sense for both sides considering we’re both pretty much in the same spot.

Gibson for Fantilli? Lol
OldNYIfan et GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
13 sept. 2023 à 15 h 32
LosPatos
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,884
Salzy Lenny7 LosPatos

Got a bold opinion for you guys:

I think the Ducks should look to give Henrique captain and extend him to a 3 year.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage