Forums/Armchair-GM

If Petey forces his way out next summer

Créé par: Random2152
Équipe: 2024-25 Blue Jackets de Columbus
Date de création initiale: 29 août 2023
Publié: 29 août 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
NGL this is the trade that makes the most sense to me league wide.
Star NHL ready prospect, top-6 local talent, and a (hopefully) late 1st to finally get that 1C and accelerate the rebuild as CBJ seems intent on doing.
VAN really seems intent on getting RHD, and this ensures they finally get it as well as a forward to 'replace' Petey. Everyone being NHL ready helps smooth things over with the fanbase and owner.

CBJ still has the players, prospects, and cap space to fill out the roster.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
811 000 000 $
Transactions
CBJ
  1. Pettersson, Elias [Droits de RFA]
VAN
  1. Jiricek, David
  2. Johnson, Kent [Droits de RFA]
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (CBJ)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de LAK
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de VGK
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1287 500 000 $65 650 000 $0 $3 200 000 $21 850 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
9 750 000 $9 750 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 8
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C, AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 200 000 $$3M)
C
RFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 583 333 $9 583 333 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 725 000 $4 725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
G
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
29 août 2023 à 23 h 23
PDG over PDO
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,128
This would get the deal done if Pettersson wanted out imho
Warpbox a aimé ceci.
29 août 2023 à 23 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,679
Quoting: theleano1
This would get the deal done if Pettersson wanted out imho

I think its an uncomfortable trade for both sides but that it fits both teams needs and timelines well
theleano1 a aimé ceci.
29 août 2023 à 23 h 35
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,985
Pettersson going from one losing situation to another? That defense and goaltending isn’t any better. Filling in in 6 wingers with 12-14 million won’t be easy. Why would pettersson do this?
29 août 2023 à 23 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: ecupirate07
Pettersson going from one losing situation to another? That defense and goaltending isn’t any better. Filling in in 6 wingers with 12-14 million won’t be easy. Why would pettersson do this?

I think CBJ will be (somewhat) better this season and will be seen as a team on the upswing by next summer. Just enticing enough to be worth it
And most of the wings will be filled with prospects making little money. I'm very much not worried about that
29 août 2023 à 23 h 50
Judd Bracket ripoff
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,591
If petey forces his way out is it really columbus he would sign long term in?
Warpbox a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 0 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: The_Rocket
If petey forces his way out is it really columbus he would sign long term in?

Yeah that is the one big hangup.
From a value point I'm looking for young teams on the upswing who are trying to accelerate the rebuild. Those are the teams with the assets and cap space to make this work. Off the top of my head within the next 2 years that looks something along the lines of BUF, CBJ, DET, OTT, and maybe MTL.
I think if Babs and the moves done this off season can get CBJ to noticeably improve to the point where they are looked on in a light similar to how Buffalo is looked on right now (say 10th - 15th pick at the draft) that they will be one of the most promising looking cities that also has the asset types Vancouver will be looking for (Young, NHL ready, and ideally RHD).
I put an 8@11 because that is kind of the standard CF star contract, but frankly I think with the cap increase and also being CBJ we could see more players going mid term. I'd do this for CBJ even if it was 4@12 frankly. I think Petey could be talked into that if CBJ have a promising season this year
30 août 2023 à 0 h 18
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,359
Quoting: Random2152
I think its an uncomfortable trade for both sides but that it fits both teams needs and timelines well

This isn't uncomfortable at all for the Canucks if Pettersson is asking out. It's probably the best possible return they could dream of out of any team that could reasonably be trying to acquire him. The Jackets don't consider trading this much when the Canucks' hand is being forced.
Civil_Eng_PE a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 0 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: dk325
This isn't uncomfortable at all for the Canucks if Pettersson is asking out. It's probably the best possible return they could dream of out of any team that could reasonably be trying to acquire him. The Jackets don't consider trading this much when the Canucks' hand is being forced.

I'm sorry but you're wearing fan goggles here. This simply isn't true. Every team in the league will be in pursuit, and your advantage is a star RHD prospect combined with an aggressive GM and lots of newfound D depth. KJ and a late 1st simply won't come close, and your other prospects don't help either for Vancouvers team Needs.

And yes, it would be extremely uncomfortable for VAN to trade Petey. The implications are huge
30 août 2023 à 0 h 47
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
I'm sorry but you're wearing fan goggles here. This simply isn't true. Every team in the league will be in pursuit, and your advantage is a star RHD prospect combined with an aggressive GM and lots of newfound D depth. KJ and a late 1st simply won't come close, and your other prospects don't help either for Vancouvers team Needs.

And yes, it would be extremely uncomfortable for VAN to trade Petey. The implications are huge

Again, if Pettersson is refusing to sign long term then all discomfort from trading him is gone. The Canucks have no choice in the matter and absolutely have to get whatever they can for him. Teams are going to exploit that and nobody is going to offer the dream package that people think Pettersson would get in a trade.

When Quinn Hughes also requests a trade because Pettersson is gone then the Canucks will pretty much need every single position. They're not going to get the exact perfect return of two top tier young players and an additional 1st for Pettersson. The Jackets are building a team right now that has KJ and Jiricek as core parts for the foreseeable future. *Maybe* they'd be willing to move one or the other in a Pettersson trade with some other parts, but every additional player moved opens up another hole in their own future lineup. It's just not good asset management to offer up the perfect trade package for Pettersson when the Canucks' hand is being forced. If they miss out so be it. They have the makings of a very good team as it is and contrary to what people want to believe, they have not invested any significant parts of their future in this supposed rebuild acceleration.
30 août 2023 à 0 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Again, if Pettersson is refusing to sign long term then all discomfort from trading him is gone. The Canucks have no choice in the matter and absolutely have to get whatever they can for him. Teams are going to exploit that and nobody is going to offer the dream package that people think Pettersson would get in a trade.

When Quinn Hughes also requests a trade because Pettersson is gone then the Canucks will pretty much need every single position. They're not going to get the exact perfect return of two top tier young players and an additional 1st for Pettersson. The Jackets are building a team right now that has KJ and Jiricek as core parts for the foreseeable future. *Maybe* they'd be willing to move one or the other in a Pettersson trade with some other parts, but every additional player moved opens up another hole in their own future lineup. It's just not good asset management to offer up the perfect trade package for Pettersson when the Canucks' hand is being forced. If they miss out so be it. They have the makings of a very good team as it is and contrary to what people want to believe, they have not invested any significant parts of their future in this supposed rebuild acceleration.

Listen, you seem to not understand what you're up against. Canucks will try to do what Calgary did, and QH won't leave immediately (if at all).

Also, you seem to not understand the current trade market. Stars forcing their way out still hold value. See PLD (twice) and Tkachuk

This offer needs to beat out current nhl stars because vancouver wants to win now. This is what it would cost. If you don't like it, then wallow in mediocrity. Certainly isn't my problem lmao
Warpbox et CD282 a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 1 h 36
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,472

Tkachuk forced Calgary’s hand and they still got a winger coming off a 115 point season, a top pair dman, and a 1st

Dubois forced Winnipeg’s hand and they still got a much better return than people thought they would

Just because a player forces a teams hand it doesn’t mean their value goes way down
CD282 a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 1 h 55
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
I mean it’s a fantastic return, but I’m not sure Columbus would be Pettersson’s dream spot to re-sign in
30 août 2023 à 2 h 27
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,063
If Pettersson truly forces his way out I'd be happy with this return. Only problem I can see is Petey signing in Columbus. They've got a few star wingers and a good young core, but is it enough for him to want to commit to the team for pretty much his entire prime? Would probably hinge on how big a step the Jackets take forwards this season.
30 août 2023 à 3 h 13
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Listen, you seem to not understand what you're up against. Canucks will try to do what Calgary did, and QH won't leave immediately (if at all).

Also, you seem to not understand the current trade market. Stars forcing their way out still hold value. See PLD (twice) and Tkachuk

This offer needs to beat out current nhl stars because vancouver wants to win now. This is what it would cost. If you don't like it, then wallow in mediocrity. Certainly isn't my problem lmao

Hughes and Pettersson both gave the same message that they want to play for a contender and want nothing to do with a rebuild. If Pettersson goes for picks and prospects then a Hughes trade demand will be right behind him.

I don't think you get that you're the one creating proposals here. I'm not making threads about the Jackets mortgaging their prospects since I like their future as it is. Trading for a 2C makes way more sense after drafting Fantilli than anything resembling what you've got going on here.

Quoting: mv21227
Tkachuk forced Calgary’s hand and they still got a winger coming off a 115 point season, a top pair dman, and a 1st

Dubois forced Winnipeg’s hand and they still got a much better return than people thought they would

Just because a player forces a teams hand it doesn’t mean their value goes way down

Cool. They should go get a return like that then. Kj and Jiricek fit the Jackets' future just fine.
30 août 2023 à 3 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Hughes and Pettersson both gave the same message that they want to play for a contender and want nothing to do with a rebuild. If Pettersson goes for picks and prospects then a Hughes trade demand will be right behind him.

I don't think you get that you're the one creating proposals here. I'm not making threads about the Jackets mortgaging their prospects since I like their future as it is. Trading for a 2C makes way more sense after drafting Fantilli than anything resembling what you've got going on here.

Cool. They should go get a return like that then. Kj and Jiricek fit the Jackets' future just fine.

Buddy your eval is so funny.
Good thing your GM is the antithesis of your thinking
30 août 2023 à 3 h 37
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Buddy your eval is so funny.
Good thing your GM is the antithesis of your thinking

Yep, Jarmo is just all willy nilly running around trading away future core pieces. You're totally right there. Holy ****, why do people try to talk about teams they don't follow at all?
30 août 2023 à 3 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Yep, Jarmo is just all willy nilly running around trading away future core pieces. You're totally right there. Holy ****, why do people try to talk about teams they don't follow at all?

Lmao. You really just don't have a clue. Hey I admire that child like understanding of the world. Every day is a new discovery, and nothing bad ever happens!
30 août 2023 à 5 h 17
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 117
Lmao. You really just don't have a clue. Hey I admire that child like understanding of the world. Every day is a new discovery, and nothing bad ever happens!

You like to cite the PLD and the Chuck trades but both of them were sign and trades. Both teams getting those players were fully assured of them being their long term. This whole tread is talking about how he might not want to resign in Columbus but yet you are still trying to set his value by contracts that were locked up. Dolz is right in that columbus doesn't move all of that out just to get a rental that may or may not resign. If its an 8x10 or 8x11 sign and trade the whole market for your return changes if its a rental most if not all teams are going to limit your return to a first plus a prospect or 2nd and third round picks (see Debrincat chicago trade and DRW trade) No one gives up a projected top pair RHD and a projected Top6 F plus a first plus plus for an unknown future.
30 août 2023 à 6 h 18
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,642
As an outsider to both teams, I don't envision a world where CBJ would offer Jiricek in that package. I could see Johnson, Boqvist, Sillinger, and a 1st. That would strike me as more palatable for CBJ while also still being a compelling package for VAN (3 young, talented NHLers & a 1st).
Bricher33 a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 6 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Modifié 30 août 2023 à 6 h 28
Quoting: Bricher33
You like to cite the PLD and the Chuck trades but both of them were sign and trades. Both teams getting those players were fully assured of them being their long term. This whole tread is talking about how he might not want to resign in Columbus but yet you are still trying to set his value by contracts that were locked up. Dolz is right in that columbus doesn't move all of that out just to get a rental that may or may not resign. If its an 8x10 or 8x11 sign and trade the whole market for your return changes if its a rental most if not all teams are going to limit your return to a first plus a prospect or 2nd and third round picks (see Debrincat chicago trade and DRW trade) No one gives up a projected top pair RHD and a projected Top6 F plus a first plus plus for an unknown future.

No one at any point suggested that this was a rental situation. You're arguing with someone you made up in your head. Petey doesn't even have a contract. There couldn't possibly be a rental situation.

Please try and keep up with everyone else
30 août 2023 à 6 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: SupremeBone
As an outsider to both teams, I don't envision a world where CBJ would offer Jiricek in that package. I could see Johnson, Boqvist, Sillinger, and a 1st. That would strike me as more palatable for CBJ while also still being a compelling package for VAN (3 young, talented NHLers & a 1st).

Petey might be a top 5 player in the world. That does not get you 8 years of that lmao
30 août 2023 à 6 h 24
Quoting: SupremeBone

I could see this as more more likely play. Though it still hinges on Petty resigning prior to the trade and not starting the year off cold. I know the nuks love them some petty but he also has only had the one season above a ppg.
30 août 2023 à 6 h 28
No one at any point suggested that this was a rental situation. You're arguing with someone you made up in your head

I said others had been floating that.

Petey might be a top 5 player in the world. That does not get you 8 years of that lmao

Top five in the WORLD???? He has had one season over a ppg. Mathews has had 6 consecutive and just got 5x13.2 with zero NTC until the final year. 8x10 or 8x11 with M-NTC or a full NTC isnt going to be to far off. As much as I hate the leafs saying petty is better than mathews would be delusional.
Civil_Eng_PE a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 6 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming

No one floated that. He doesn't have a contract - it isnt even an option. You just aren't paying attention and made assumptions

Top five in the WORLD???? He has had one season over a ppg. Mathews has had 6 consecutive and just got 5x13.2 with zero NTC until the final year. 8x10 or 8x11 with M-NTC or a full NTC isnt going to be to far off. As much as I hate the leafs saying petty is better than mathews would be delusional.

No one said he is better than Matthews either. Once again, you are arguing with someone you made up in your head.
30 août 2023 à 6 h 33
No one floated that. He doesn't have a contract - it isnt even an option. You just aren't paying attention and made assumptions

No one said he is better than Matthews either. Once again, you are arguing with someone you made up in your head.

You said top 5 in the world and mathews would be 5 on my list.
Mcdavid
ManKinnon
Pasta
Chucky
Mathews

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage