Forums/Armchair-GM

My Fantilli Trade

Créé par: jonh514
Équipe: 2023-24 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 16 juin 2023
Publié: 16 juin 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I've gone on record saying a deal like this one will never happen, but hypothetically this is the deal I would grudgingly be comfortable with

I think the Habs have Matheson, Harris, and Xhekaj on LD with Hutson, Struble and Engstrom coming up. It hurts to let Guhle go, but we get Fantilli...
Transactions
MTL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (ANA)
ANA
  1. Beck, Owen
  2. Guhle, Kaiden
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (MTL)
Détails additionnels:
Top pair LHD to play with Drysdale in Guhle
Middle 6 Center in Beck
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de FLA
Logo de ANA
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de SJS
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1983 500 000 $66 860 833 $1 170 000 $3 775 000 $16 639 167 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 7
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
812 500 $812 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 925 000 $1 925 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance275 000 $$275K)
DD
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 3
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
828 333 $828 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 juin 2023 à 7 h 36
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,953
You could offer Caufield and MTL 2023 1st and its still a no

Not to mention LD/LHD is the thing the Ducks need the least and it isnt really close

Zellweger, Mintyukov, Hinds, LaCombe

Guhle a very good player but this doesnt get up to Fantilli (I do see in the description you think it wont happen either, just throwing my 2 cents in)

I dont see anything from any team that would get ANA to move out of 2OA, we stuck and picked McTavish at 3OA and that was considered a reach. With how good this class is I dont see that changing
jonh514 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 7 h 44
PittsburghModelMyAss
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,415
Quoting: Salzy
You could offer Caufield and MTL 2023 1st and its still a no

Not to mention LD/LHD is the thing the Ducks need the least and it isnt really close

Zellweger, Mintyukov, Hinds, LaCombe

Guhle a very good player but this doesnt get up to Fantilli (I do see in the description you think it wont happen either, just throwing my 2 cents in)

I dont see anything from any team that would get ANA to move out of 2OA, we stuck and picked McTavish at 3OA and that was considered a reach. With how good this class is I dont see that changing

If the leafs traded Auston for #2 overall, the ducks wouldn't do it?
16 juin 2023 à 7 h 47
Quoting: BigBadBurke
If the leafs traded Auston for #2 overall, the ducks wouldn't do it?

Would you trade 2OA for a player in the final year of his deal with a full NMC?

Matthews refuses to negotiate an extension and goes to market and the Ducks trade 2OA for one season of Matthews and still miss the playoffs because he doesnt make us a playoff team

Seems like a easy and obvious no to me
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 7 h 50
PittsburghModelMyAss
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,415
Would you trade 2OA for a player in the final year of his deal with a full NMC?

Matthews refuses to negotiate an extension and goes to market and the Ducks trade 2OA for one season of Matthews and still miss the playoffs because he doesnt make us a playoff team

Seems like a easy and obvious no to me

taking into consideration the type of team the ducks presently have, no i wouldn't do it. But if matthews agreed on an extension yes im 100% on board moving fantilli for matthews. But hell id even move fantilli for caufield and the 5th overall like you stated against so im a bad person to ask
Just_A_Guess, Salzy et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 7 h 57
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 11,947
Dude this is just awful
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 7 h 59
taking into consideration the type of team the ducks presently have, no i wouldn't do it. But if matthews agreed on an extension yes im 100% on board moving fantilli for matthews. But hell id even move fantilli for caufield and the 5th overall like you stated against so im a bad person to ask

I mean if he signs an extension its a different conversation, but if the reports of him wanting to test the market are true (And TOR wouldnt trade him otherwise) it isnt even considered honestly.

I mean just cause im a stick in the mud and wouldnt trade the pick for anything doesnt mean Verbeek wouldnt, I just said Caufield as a way of saying no and please stop tears of joy
jonh514 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 8 h 2
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,059
I mean if he signs an extension its a different conversation, but if the reports of him wanting to test the market are true (And TOR wouldnt trade him otherwise) it isnt even considered honestly.

I mean just cause im a stick in the mud and wouldnt trade the pick for anything doesnt mean Verbeek wouldnt, I just said Caufield as a way of saying no and please stop tears of joy

But... It's the clickbait of the week! I owe it to the general hockey media to post this!
Salzy, Lenny7 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 8 h 4
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Dude this is just awful

Not from my perspective. I think you still get Michkov and a couple of other pieces.

But like I said... This won't happen, just trying to join the conversation about the what if scenario
BigBadBurke a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 8 h 7
Quoting: jonh514
But... It's the clickbait of the week! I owe it to the general hockey media to post this!

Oh ones like this are fine, especially when you admit it likely wont happen tears of joy

The ones that go too far (I'm sure you agree) are the ones that dont include 5OA and have Josh Anderson + 2023 FLA 1st + 2025 CGY 1st for 2OA tears of joy

Gotta farm all the engagement you can after the cup finals are over, not a coincidence this came out so close to the finals ending, in the article that starts it all it even says "The chances of a trade up materializing remain very slim, but the Canadiens are definitely trying."

Might as well say "Go flood capfriendly with bad trades for 2OA, the Ducks are aggressively shopping the pick" tears of joy
jonh514, Lenny7 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 8 h 37
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Oh ones like this are fine, especially when you admit it likely wont happen tears of joy

The ones that go too far (I'm sure you agree) are the ones that dont include 5OA and have Josh Anderson + 2023 FLA 1st + 2025 CGY 1st for 2OA tears of joy

Gotta farm all the engagement you can after the cup finals are over, not a coincidence this came out so close to the finals ending, in the article that starts it all it even says "The chances of a trade up materializing remain very slim, but the Canadiens are definitely trying."

Might as well say "Go flood capfriendly with bad trades for 2OA, the Ducks are aggressively shopping the pick" tears of joy

Sports Media Journalists are being let go left right and center as ad dollars move from telcos to podcasts. They need to clicks to validate keeping their positions.

Even though it's cheap and happens once every 10-15 years, riling up the general public on twitter and by extension capfriendly is the best way to keep hockey relevant at this time of year
Lenny7, Salzy et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 8 h 47
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Quoting: jonh514
Sports Media Journalists are being let go left right and center as ad dollars move from telcos to podcasts. They need to clicks to validate keeping their positions.

Even though it's cheap and happens once every 10-15 years, riling up the general public on twitter and by extension capfriendly is the best way to keep hockey relevant at this time of year

100%...for some reason (Probably because I looked at the comments once), I get those hilarious thehockeywriters.com and habs/Leafs blogs pop up on facebook once in a while, and my lord they're the bait-iest things I've ever seen. "You won't believe who the Habs are about to acquire!" "The cost for 2OA has been set, and Montreal is going to do it!", Etc.

The worst part is that there looks like there's sooooo many people that eat it up tears of joy
jonh514, OldNYIfan et Salzy a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 8 h 49
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 248
Fans are nuts.

First. There is NOO way Hughes offers this. There is also NOO way the Ducks would refuse this.

So it makes no sense from start to finish. Anyone who thinks this isn't enough for 2nd overall should stick to EA. Also thank GOD Hughes is GM.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 8 h 55
Lenny7

I'd be a fool if I bet on the fact that Fantilli has a better prime than Matthews...Matthews is outstanding, he's on track to be a HOFer, and the flack he gets is hilariously foolish.

That being said, I feel like Fantilli for Matthews (with extension) is like your infamous Kessel trade, Burkie! Added an outstanding player (Kessel's prime was excellent), but didn't have any sort of foundation to help him, thus setting the "rebuild" back years, and wasting some of the best years of Kessel's career (3 rings though!).

As a Ducks fan, when I take off the purple shadded glasses, this roster is still miles away. The D-pipeline looks solid (hopefully we'll hit on a couple in the next couple of years), but offensively, aside from Zegras/Terry/McTavish, there's a pretty big fall off when it comes to young forwards.

I think we *need* to keep Fantilli (Carlsson?), and make the major addition a year or two down the road. Build the solid foundation (which has been the direction that Verbeek has been going), and then you start moving picks/prospects for bigger names. 2024 UFA class (currently) looks solid, and I think that's when you start talking about major additions.

That being said, Caufield+5OA would be a dumb one to turn down (though Montreal would never offer it).
jonh514, Salzy et BigBadBurke a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 10 h 34
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,386
Quoting: Lenny7
That being said, Caufield+5OA would be a dumb one to turn down (though Montreal would never offer it).

Well, I disagree. This entire discussion ignores what I think is a qualitative difference between Fantilli and the other players mentioned in this thread (and elsewhere). Caufield and the player picked with the #5 are cusp All-Stars; Fantilli to me is a franchise player and potential Hart Trophy candidate like Jack Eichel or Leon Draisaitl. Caufield is an excellent scoring winger, there's no doubt about it. But scoring wingers are a dime a dozen . . . in fact, I can name half a dozen that are every bit as valuable as Caufield just in Montreal's own division: DeBrincat and Tkachuk in Ottawa, Tkachuk in Florida, Point in Tampa, Marner and Nylander in Toronto, and that's not even mentioning David Pastrnak, who is on a whole 'nother plane entirely. Two cusp All-Stars (and the chance of the kid picked at #5 not turning out to be one are not insignificant) don't equal a Jack Eichel or Leon Draisaitl.

Cole Caufield has played 113 games over the past two seasons, in which he's scored at a rate of 2/3 of a point per game. That's exactly Trevor Zegras' rate over his three seasons. I'm glad that we'll end up having both Fantilli AND Zegras, but if I had to make a choice, I'd prefer Fantilli to Zegras and the #5 overall pick.
jonh514, Lenny7, Salzy and 2 others a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 10 h 38
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Well, I disagree. This entire discussion ignores what I think is a qualitative difference between Fantilli and the other players mentioned in this thread (and elsewhere). Caufield and the player picked with the #5 are cusp All-Stars; Fantilli to me is a franchise player and potential Hart Trophy candidate like Jack Eichel or Leon Draisaitl. Caufield is an excellent scoring winger, there's no doubt about it. But scoring wingers are a dime a dozen . . . in fact, I can name half a dozen that are every bit as valuable as Caufield just in Montreal's own division: DeBrincat and Tkachuk in Ottawa, Tkachuk in Florida, Point in Tampa, Marner and Nylander in Toronto, and that's not even mentioning David Pastrnak, who is on a whole 'nother plane entirely. Two cusp All-Stars (and the chance of the kid picked at #5 not turning out to be one are not insignificant) don't equal a Jack Eichel or Leon Draisaitl.

Cole Caufield has played 113 games over the past two seasons, in which he's scored at a rate of 2/3 of a point per game. That's exactly Trevor Zegras' rate over his three seasons. I'm glad that we'll end up having both Fantilli AND Zegras, but if I had to make a choice, I'd prefer Fantilli to Zegras and the #5 overall pick.

A very poignant analysis sir. I'm enjoying the discussion on this thread immensely!
OldNYIfan, Lenny7, Salzy and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 10 h 46
Lenny7
Quoting: OldNYIfan

Oh lawwwwwdddd! The rare disagreement in the Ducks fam! tears of joy

To be completely fair here-I'm absolutely with you on this...I just think it might just be the small part of me that thinks Carlsson ends up being that pick at 2OA that has me scared...I think it goes without saying that I really, really want Fantilli...I'm just concerned that Verbeek calls an audible at the line of scrimmage, and takes Carlsson instead. Not saying that Carlsson won't be a very solid NHLer, I'd just be very disappointed to pass on Fantilli. The small part of me that would accept 5OA and Caufield is just the part that would prefer Caufield+Smith (Michkov?) to Carlsson.

Cheers brother!
OldNYIfan et BigBadBurke a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 11 h 58
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,766
Modifié 16 juin 2023 à 12 h 13
Quoting: Lenny7
Oh lawwwwwdddd! The rare disagreement in the Ducks fam! tears of joy

To be completely fair here-I'm absolutely with you on this...I just think it might just be the small part of me that thinks Carlsson ends up being that pick at 2OA that has me scared...I think it goes without saying that I really, really want Fantilli...I'm just concerned that Verbeek calls an audible at the line of scrimmage, and takes Carlsson instead. Not saying that Carlsson won't be a very solid NHLer, I'd just be very disappointed to pass on Fantilli. The small part of me that would accept 5OA and Caufield is just the part that would prefer Caufield+Smith (Michkov?) to Carlsson.

Cheers brother!

I dunno man, I think Carlsson is the way to go, he is ethereal in the offensive zone. Fantilli by contrast just sorta charges in and hopes for the best.

Also starting to hear rumors that Fantilli intends to return to the NCAA next season.

Lenny7 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 12 h 15
Lenny7
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
I dunno man, I think Carlsson us the way to go, he is ethereal in the offensive zone. Fantilli by contrast just sorta charges in and hopes for the best.

Also starting to hear rumors that Fantilli intends to return to the NCAA next season.

Yeah, I honestly don't know...I'm just higher on Fantilli than Carlsson...Honestly not going to be heartbroken either way, I just really like the idea of Fantilli. They've done a great job drafting through the Madden years anyway though, so I won't be critical.

No issue on my end if Fantilli plays in Michigan next year though-Another year to grow and fill out, and there's really no rush IMO. Carlsson back in the SHL wouldn't surprise me either.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage