Forums/Armchair-GM

Our biggest needs

Créé par: pensfan21
Équipe: 2023-24 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 15 juin 2023
Publié: 15 juin 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Here are some players we should target imo. Free agent class isn't great this year so I think we'll have to get really creative with trades. Biggest priorities:

- Goal scorers (someone with a good shot that can help on powerplay and overall finishing.
- Fast players for bottom 6
- A gritty forward like a Bertuzzi
- A puck moving D who can help with transition game
- More physical D who could protect our net better
- And of course a goalie

Let me know players that you guys think fit these descriptions. Dropping some names below that I think could help us.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
31 250 000 $
33 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
76 499 988 $
55 500 000 $
32 750 000 $
33 499 980 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. Steel, Sam [Droits de RFA]
MIN
PIT
  1. Colton, Ross [Droits de RFA]
TBL
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de NJD
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de FLA
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1683 500 000 $86 001 694 $0 $0 $-2 501 694 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
925 000 $925 000 $
C
RFA - 1
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Kraken de Seattle
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Flames de Calgary
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
AG, AD, C
RFA - 1
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
Logo de Panthers de la Floride
4 425 000 $4 425 000 $
C
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
6 499 988 $6 499 988 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
3 499 980 $3 499 980 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Flames de Calgary
1 237 500 $1 237 500 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 juin 2023 à 17 h 2
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,971
Interest in Skjei, with or without retention, with or without an extension?
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
15 juin 2023 à 17 h 2
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,706
We do def need a goal scorer, I don't care if the guys in the bottom 6 are fast or not, as long as they produce good results I'll take them. Our number 1 need for d men is a DFD, we already have Petry, Smith, and POJ who are more offensively minded, but can't rly play with each other bc they can't play defense. I couldn't give a f*ck if they're big or not. I also don't think we should go after 1 goalie, just get 2 competent guys who can play in a tandem.

No way we get Toews, he's a top 10 d man in the league, but I would prefer Hanifin, Tanev, Demelo, Murphy, Orlov, (or Pesce) over any of the other d men here
15 juin 2023 à 17 h 3
Dr.
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,438
I don't really see toews being moved, he's a top 2 guy and colorado is in win now mode.

I see you have a need for a puck moving d man though and if colorado is looking for changes girard i think would be available and would fill that role for you.
TJTwolf et pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
15 juin 2023 à 17 h 11
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,584
Toews is gonna cost you and I don't think Pittsburgh really have the pieces to interest the Avs. I don't even think they have pieces to interest the Avs when it comes to Girard or at least (in both cases) not ones they'd be willing to part with.
15 juin 2023 à 17 h 15
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 619
A guy like matthew phillips, Sheary, donato, Graves, Soucy, Bunting in FA
Trade wise, guys like Colton, Duclair, Garland, Foegele, Iafallo, Ardvidson, Anderson-Dolan, Oloffson (a;though eh)
In net, I would go for Vejmelka and then roll him with Desmith or a Anti Raanta if we move on from Desmith
Id also give guys like Nylander and Puustinen a shot in preseason to earn a type 9 role.
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
15 juin 2023 à 17 h 21
pens1991
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,090
Quoting: TJTwolf
Toews is gonna cost you and I don't think Pittsburgh really have the pieces to interest the Avs. I don't even think they have pieces to interest the Avs when it comes to Girard or at least (in both cases) not ones they'd be willing to part with.

I think Girard is going to be picks, Avs need cap space no? They'll move him for picks.
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
15 juin 2023 à 17 h 25
pens1991
Absolutely target Hanifin and one of the two Kings you posted.

No thanks on Turbo, been there done that.

Avs and Panthers aren't moving those players. Would love Colton and would take Barabanov for bottom six.
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
15 juin 2023 à 17 h 26
Quoting: pens1991
I think Girard is going to be picks, Avs need cap space no? They'll move him for picks.

They don't NEED to move anyone per se with Landeskog's LTIR money. They may do it to free future space or to acquire a 2C or the pieces to add to a trade for a 2C but that's about the only reason to do so. Picks-wise imo, the Avs should be looking for a value similar to the Hronek trade so it depends if PIT wanted to pay that. Whilst Toews is a UFA next year he's currently a top 10 D in the league so the cost for him would be steep.
15 juin 2023 à 17 h 32
pens1991
Quoting: TJTwolf
They don't NEED to move anyone per se with Landeskog's LTIR money. They may do it to free future space or to acquire a 2C or the pieces to add to a trade for a 2C but that's about the only reason to do so. Picks-wise imo, the Avs should be looking for a value similar to the Hronek trade so it depends if PIT wanted to pay that. Whilst Toews is a UFA next year he's currently a top 10 D in the league so the cost for him would be steep.

I mean there is only 12M in space for the Avs, assuming Byram gets a chunk of that + Newhook and Compher? Kind of assume Compher gets 2C money from Avs. Hence why i think people see Girard as a cap move with Byram taking his spot.

Toews would be a haul hence why I ignored that lol
15 juin 2023 à 17 h 36
Quoting: pens1991
I mean there is only 12M in space for the Avs, assuming Byram gets a chunk of that + Newhook and Compher? Kind of assume Compher gets 2C money from Avs. Hence why i think people see Girard as a cap move with Byram taking his spot.

Toews would be a haul hence why I ignored that lol

JTC is almost certainly gone. Byram the thinking from most is a 4-5mil 3 year bridge. Newhook 2-3mil bridge at top end. There's a further 7 mil to play with on top of the 12,575,000 with Landy's LTIR money.
15 juin 2023 à 17 h 38
"Go sell ice cream!"
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,348
Fail to see any purpose when you don't even list reasonable trade return values. Some of these players like Toews will cost almost everything PIT has.
15 juin 2023 à 17 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,271
Quoting: jfkst1
Fail to see any purpose when you don't even list reasonable trade return values. Some of these players like Toews will cost almost everything PIT has.

It's just for fun bro
16 juin 2023 à 9 h 14
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,018
Quoting: Dan10900
We do def need a goal scorer, I don't care if the guys in the bottom 6 are fast or not, as long as they produce good results I'll take them. Our number 1 need for d men is a DFD, we already have Petry, Smith, and POJ who are more offensively minded, but can't rly play with each other bc they can't play defense. I couldn't give a f*ck if they're big or not. I also don't think we should go after 1 goalie, just get 2 competent guys who can play in a tandem.

No way we get Toews, he's a top 10 d man in the league, but I would prefer Hanifin, Tanev, Demelo, Murphy, Orlov, (or Pesce) over any of the other d men here

To be fair - Petry and POJ played fantastic together last season. Petry can play defense. He's more of a two way than straight offensive imo
16 juin 2023 à 9 h 15
Quoting: Pensfan303
A guy like matthew phillips, Sheary, donato, Graves, Soucy, Bunting in FA
Trade wise, guys like Colton, Duclair, Garland, Foegele, Iafallo, Ardvidson, Anderson-Dolan, Oloffson (a;though eh)
In net, I would go for Vejmelka and then roll him with Desmith or a Anti Raanta if we move on from Desmith
Id also give guys like Nylander and Puustinen a shot in preseason to earn a type 9 role.

Honest question - why is this fanbase so obsessed with Vejmelka?
16 juin 2023 à 10 h 37
"Go sell ice cream!"
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,348
Quoting: JSEB93

IDK either. He is another mediocre at best player that would likely be no upgrade. Vladar would be a comparable one.
JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 14 h 30

Cause hes on a dirt cheap contract and put up the same numbers as Gibson on a similar team, dude is a good goalie stuck on ARZ. Hes a much better target than Gibson and Helly (Going to cost way to much to get). Only other goalie id consider getting is Ulmark
16 juin 2023 à 14 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,271
Cause hes on a dirt cheap contract and put up the same numbers as Gibson on a similar team, dude is a good goalie stuck on ARZ. Hes a much better target than Gibson and Helly (Going to cost way to much to get). Only other goalie id consider getting is Ulmark

I don't dislike Vejmelka, but I wouldn't give up a 1st for him. A 2nd sure, but if he's going to cost a 1st would rather get a UFA. I think trade the 1st for fix the D. No matter what goalie is behind our D as constructed currently will fail. I'm all for moving on from Jarry, he's not reliable at all, but I'm sure his numbers were down in part because of how bad our D was. Cannot expect him to make saves when there's guys standing wide open right in front of our net. Get a good puck mover and a good, physical stay at home D that can protect the net. Then get a 1a 1b tandem of two solid goalies in FA and I think that makes us a playoff team.
Pensfan303 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 14 h 50

So are we saying Gibson is good then? There's also UFAs as well don't forget. Vejmelka would be a better target than Gibson due to price/cost to acquire - I'll agree to that. But Hellebuyck is obviously a better target - even accounting for what you'd have to pay. Sometimes you have to pay for great players if you want to win. Desmith is also cheaper and already on the roster.

Vejmelka's decent, I don't really see anything that would show he's good. He'd be a really good backup. Wouldn't consider him a good starter option for a team that is trying to compete for a cup though. I wouldn't even say he's better than Desmith and almost everybody hates him - that's why I was curious why so many people seem to love Vejmelka.
16 juin 2023 à 14 h 56
not a he )
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,399

Every fanbase should be obsessed with Vejmelka. I certainly am from Columbus's point of view. Arizona has a proven history of developing good goalies, and Vejmelka is another in that line. Like the other poster said, he had pretty good numbers considering his bad team this past season (he certainly cost them in the ultimate Bedard lottery odds), and he passes the eye test, too. And the acquisition cost wouldn't be nearly that of, say, Hellebuyck or Gibson. A lot of people are going to be shocked when some contending team acquires him and he pops off like Kuemper did.
Pensfan303 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2023 à 15 h 7
Quoting: squashmaple
Every fanbase should be obsessed with Vejmelka. I certainly am from Columbus's point of view. Arizona has a proven history of developing good goalies, and Vejmelka is another in that line. Like the other poster said, he had pretty good numbers considering his bad team this past season (he certainly cost them in the ultimate Bedard lottery odds), and he passes the eye test, too. And the acquisition cost wouldn't be nearly that of, say, Hellebuyck or Gibson. A lot of people are going to be shocked when some contending team acquires him and he pops off like Kuemper did.

Where are these good numbers?

Vejmelka numbers the past 2 seasons of the 83 goalies that played 1000+ minutes per Natural Stat Trick.
save %: .899 - 62nd
GSAA: -22.8 - 79th

GSAx per Evolving hockey
2022: 6.98 - 26th
2021: -19.9 - 116th

GSAx per MoneyPuck:
2022: 11.1 - 14th
2021: -23.2 - 117th

Even goalies on his own team have better save % and GSAA. Desmith has better numbers all around. This was a genuine question - because I can't see what you're seeing in these numbers that show this is some great goalie. You can't compare him to Kuemper. Kuemper was top 7 in Vezina votes twice with Arizona before he went to Colorado and had fantastic numbers.
16 juin 2023 à 15 h 16
So are we saying Gibson is good then? There's also UFAs as well don't forget. Vejmelka would be a better target than Gibson due to price/cost to acquire - I'll agree to that. But Hellebuyck is obviously a better target - even accounting for what you'd have to pay. Sometimes you have to pay for great players if you want to win. Desmith is also cheaper and already on the roster.

Vejmelka's decent, I don't really see anything that would show he's good. He'd be a really good backup. Wouldn't consider him a good starter option for a team that is trying to compete for a cup though. I wouldn't even say he's better than Desmith and almost everybody hates him - that's why I was curious why so many people seem to love Vejmelka.

Let's be honest, the only UFA worth while is Adin Hill and hes about to get paid. Freddy is going to re-sign in Carolina if I had to guest and then there is no one left.
Gibson is a good goalie on a god awful defensive team but that contract mixed with the cost to get him is very eh to me and id stay away from him for that reason
Vejmelka is a good goalie that's never got a chance to prove it stats wise because of ARZ. I would be more than willing to take a chance on him if the price is right. Like I said, to me It's Vejmelka or Ulmark who I would target for our next Goaltender with a Anti Ranta to backup if Dubas and co move on from Desmith
16 juin 2023 à 15 h 26
Modifié 16 juin 2023 à 15 h 33
Let's be honest, the only UFA worth while is Adin Hill and hes about to get paid. Freddy is going to re-sign in Carolina if I had to guest and then there is no one left.
Gibson is a good goalie on a god awful defensive team but that contract mixed with the cost to get him is very eh to me and id stay away from him for that reason
Vejmelka is a good goalie that's never got a chance to prove it stats wise because of ARZ. I would be more than willing to take a chance on him if the price is right. Like I said, to me It's Vejmelka or Ulmark who I would target for our next Goaltender with a Anti Ranta to backup if Dubas and co move on from Desmith

I wouldn't even consider Hill top 3 to be honest. Doesn't mean he's not a possibility - but Jarry, Anderson, and Varlamov are all above him. Then you have Hill and Korpisalo on a similar level.

I agree on Gibson. Not worth it at all.

How is Vejmelka a good goalie though? Good is subjective I guess, so I'll try to define it - he'd be a really good backup, fringe starter quality for a team that's trying to compete like the Pens. If they decide as an organization they want take chances on cheap goalies(which is incredibly dangerous btw), why not just play Desmith? He's cheaper, better and already on the roster so he costs no assets. And had terrible defensive play in front of him as well

If MoneyPuck GSAx from last season is all that matters, then we should just sign Korpisalo. That's the best option. Or trade for Samsonov or Wedgewood. I'd take Ullmark for sure by the way if the price is right. And it could be, given BOS cap situation. I just don't see how Vejmelka can be looked at as a starting option for this team next season.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage