Forums/Armchair-GM

To MTL and WPG Fans

Créé par: arafay
Équipe: 2023-24 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 31 mai 2023
Publié: 31 mai 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
For all who need to hear this, MTL and Winnipeg fans alike.

MTL fans:
1. your leverage is only if Dubois is ONLY willing to sign long term in MTL. There is no single statement anywhere that suggests this is the case. Dubois has called much of the rumours “fake news” when asked about them. And his agent said what he said in a speculative manner when asked directly about mtl. MTL has no leverage if he is willing to sign elsewhere.

Now, I’m going to assume that he’s only willing to sign in MTL for the sake of argument.

MTL Fans: Your leverage starts once you beat the other 30 teams in the league. Regardless of if he’s willing to sign long term or not, teams will be willing to pay a rental price for dubois. That means a 1st, decent roster player, and a high end prospect. And you, as MTL, have to beat that offer for the jets to consider your offer. Your leverage in this case comes in beyond that. If Dubois is only going to sign in MTL, you only have to pay a rental price for him, not a long term dubois you would be getting.

WPG Fans: Unless you are adding something significant in addition, MTL isn’t moving 5 oa, just stop, it’s embarrassing. If Dubois was coming with a long term extension and he was also willing to sign elsewhere, you may have a case for 5 oa. But even then, I think MTL moves on for the price and keeps what they have.

My thoughts: MTL definitely has leverage, but not nearly as much as their fans think. With the above being true (and it unarguably is), I think Dubois has a short list of teams he’s willing to sign an extension with. MTL is definitely on that list. But I also think a team like LA or NYR might be as well. It will be a small list because I think Dubois wants to be in a big market and also wants to go to a winning team, but the list is there. So yes, you have some leverage being one of the only teams he’s willing to sign long term with, but you aren’t the only one in my opinion. Is Dach reasonable? I think it depends on what MTL thinks of him and Dubois. If they think Dach will never get to the point dubois is already at (which is my opinion), I think they would be open to including him in a deal. Otherwise, I think the jets need to look at a different guy like Barron. This is what I think happens. Just my opinion based on the above. (Similar to the Trouba trade)
Transactions
WPG
  1. Dach, Kirby
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (FLA)
MTL
  1. Dubois, Pierre-Luc [Droits de RFA]
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de FLA
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1683 500 000 $66 420 358 $0 $1 150 000 $17 079 642 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
800 000 $800 000 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
AD
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 166 667 $2 166 667 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
G
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 950 000 $5 950 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
762 500 $762 500 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 25
Billy739
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,629
Quoting: arafay
After searching for 10 mins, here is the og comment. birtle34 said nothing about offer sheets. You’re the one out of pocket. What he’s saying is completely fine by the CBA. ✌️

I cant comment on someone i have blocked
You commented on a Conversation i was having then tried forcing me into yours.
IDGAF what you and your buddy were saying
After searching for 10 mins, here is the og comment. birtle34 said nothing about offer sheets. You’re the one out of pocket. What he’s saying is completely fine by the CBA. ✌️

I Commented
That person you speak of is Blocked so your version of events is fiction
Quote where i talked to them ,ill wait

Pens dude, Whalers dude , dgibb, John , Dumpling and you i spoke with.
Someone i blocked i have no interest in what they have to say

You hijacked my statement then tried to manipulate my comment saying it was me responding to a dude who's profile i cant see . . .
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 26
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,288
Quoting: habitantlecolon
the kid was coming back from injury too but you are taking a bite at pressured ... he's able to handle it, but was he at that time the right one to be a 1st center at 18?

He's trolling for a rise, read his comments lol why are you wasting time on it?
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 31
Bandwagon fairweathe
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,294
No, you quoted birtle34 ‘s post not talking about offer sheets.

I was lost about 3 pages ago, not catching up lol. Always appreciate your posts, learn something and enjoy the conversation
arafay a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 31
Billy739
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,629
Behind? Lambert has been that teams top line c since he got there lol. His line with Schaefer and guenther is the biggest reason seattle is where they are (though you could argue milic has been fire). So devoid of facts lol. The overages Davidson has been good, but lambert has been great.

I think you're splitting heirs because Ciona is ****ting the bed and you can
Saying its been that way since he got there is wrong its been that way since game 3 of the 2nd round
I was just hoping you didnt actually watch the games because 26 to 23 Lambert has the edge but Davidsons doubled up on Goals and dominating the Faceoff Circle.
Lamberts the better playmaker 100% but the better Center hands down is Davidson and thats his team make no mistake about it
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 31
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,215
Quoting: Just_A_Guess

Dach had just 18 points 5v5 this year. That's not very good no matter how you slice it
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 33
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,288
Quoting: dgibb10
Dach had just 18 points 5v5 this year. That's not very good no matter how you slice it

I'm not biting, others will entertain you. Enjoy.
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 34
I Love J Boqvist
I'm not biting, others will entertain you. Enjoy.

Because there's no defending it. That's BAD production from a supposed top 6 player
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 37
Le patriote
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,416

am having fun tonight here and on RDS site to play with the buzzed one!
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 38
Le patriote

on a depleted team, even with injury ... this is correct for us. If you want only stats bring them in your bed !
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,388
Quoting: Billy739
I think you're splitting heirs because Ciona is ****ting the bed and you can
Saying its been that way since he got there is wrong its been that way since game 3 of the 2nd round
I was just hoping you didnt actually watch the games because 26 to 23 Lambert has the edge but Davidsons doubled up on Goals and dominating the Faceoff Circle.
Lamberts the better playmaker 100% but the better Center hands down is Davidson and thats his team make no mistake about it

Sure, the year older Davidson is better at faceoffs and defending than lambert. Lambert still has been outplaying Davidson since he got to the WHL. Just because Davidson olays better defence and is better at face offs with a year more of development (and lambert hasn’t been playing c since like early 2022 aside from the worlds) doesn’t mean he’s a better player. No offence, but you’re just wrong. Lambert >>> Davidson.

And lambert plays with 2 goal scorers in Schaefer and guenther. He doesn’t need to be scoring goals, yet he had like 3 gwg in 5 games for the WHL playoffs, so he definitely scored when seattle needed.

Game 3 round 2? No, lamberts been playing c and outscoring Davidson since he got to that level. He’s been on a heater the past 3 months, making the WHL completion look silly with his speed and skill.
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 41
I Love J Boqvist
on a depleted team, even with injury ... this is correct for us. If you want only stats bring them in your bed !

Less than: Suzuki Anderson Caufield Hoffman Matheson Dvorak and tied with drouin,
Per 60 less than all the above + Pezzeta. Barely above armia, evans, and pitlick.
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,388
I cant comment on someone i have blocked
You commented on a Conversation i was having then tried forcing me into yours.
IDGAF what you and your buddy were saying

I Commented
That person you speak of is Blocked so your version of events is fiction
Quote where i talked to them ,ill wait

Pens dude, Whalers dude , dgibb, John , Dumpling and you i spoke with.
Someone i blocked i have no interest in what they have to say

You hijacked my statement then tried to manipulate my comment saying it was me responding to a dude who's profile i cant see . . .

2nd page, comment # 34. Just checked. Can send a screenshot too. Sorry mate, but you’re just wrong.

@birtle34 @missthewhalers I k it’s petty, but I thought u guys might want to see this.
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 43
Le patriote
Sure, the year older Davidson is better at faceoffs and defending than lambert. Lambert still has been outplaying Davidson since he got to the WHL. Just because Davidson olays better defence and is better at face offs with a year more of development (and lambert hasn’t been playing c since like early 2022 aside from the worlds) doesn’t mean he’s a better player. No offence, but you’re just wrong. Lambert >>> Davidson.

And lambert plays with 2 goal scorers in Schaefer and guenther. He doesn’t need to be scoring goals, yet he had like 3 gwg in 5 games for the WHL playoffs, so he definitely scored when seattle needed.

Game 3 round 2? No, lamberts been playing c and outscoring Davidson since he got to that level. He’s been on a heater the past 3 months, making the WHL completion look silly with his speed and skill.

they should play Lambert Davidson Dach and go full blast ahead if they wish to win !! Guenther was easily tossed last game against Remparts
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 45
Le patriote
Less than: Suzuki Anderson Caufield Hoffman Matheson Dvorak and tied with drouin,
Per 60 less than all the above + Pezzeta. Barely above armia, evans, and pitlick.

1st season with a new team and played with what 12 differents players too. It's yes normal. So to say on other hand if he was worst than previous year tho you might have somehow something in hand, but he is on par ... wich we don't mind.
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 49
I Love J Boqvist
1st season with a new team and played with what 12 differents players too. It's yes normal. So to say on other hand if he was worst than previous year tho you might have somehow something in hand, but he is on par ... wich we don't mind.

He played primarily with Caufield and Suzuki (they were involved in half of his 5v5 points)
1 juin 2023 à 0 h 0
Le patriote
He played primarily with Caufield and Suzuki (they were involved in half of his 5v5 points)

take your best 5vs5 player and try him with those combinations. Don't get me wrong, but your tossing some salads on your ego a bit. Yes he didn't get more than before but for fudge sake the kid was playing on a dead team since 18 years old and got few heavy injuries too. The guy on other hand have raised his game even with all the bad thing around. it's been more than 40 comments on how your statement is only based on one thing. Could we say that your are more than biased and having some kind of fixation?
1 juin 2023 à 0 h 12
I Love J Boqvist
take your best 5vs5 player and try him with those combinations. Don't get me wrong, but your tossing some salads on your ego a bit. Yes he didn't get more than before but for fudge sake the kid was playing on a dead team since 18 years old and got few heavy injuries too. The guy on other hand have raised his game even with all the bad thing around. it's been more than 40 comments on how your statement is only based on one thing. Could we say that your are more than biased and having some kind of fixation?

Meh. That's a lot of time playing with Suzuki and Caufield. Plenty of 3rd liners don't get any time with that caliber of player and still see similar or better 5v5 production.
Jesper Boqvist lines (just off the top of my head bc I know the devils) and he had better 5v5 production than dach
1 juin 2023 à 0 h 35
Le patriote
Meh. That's a lot of time playing with Suzuki and Caufield. Plenty of 3rd liners don't get any time with that caliber of player and still see similar or better 5v5 production.
Jesper Boqvist lines (just off the top of my head bc I know the devils) and he had better 5v5 production than dach

so trade for him vs Dubois you get a better 5vs5 pts producer ... for a 20-35 seconds shift ... playing in a checkline duty ! While Dach was playing first wave or second scoring. So against best player than him
1 juin 2023 à 0 h 38
I Love J Boqvist
so trade for him vs Dubois you get a better 5vs5 pts producer ... for a 20-35 seconds shift ... playing in a checkline duty ! While Dach was playing first wave or second scoring. So against best player than him

Analytically dach and dubois played against similar quality competition
1 juin 2023 à 2 h 18
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 57
Hahahahaha

You think Contenders who just spent their picks on this years run are going to make a Draft Day Deal which would suggest it would be for a 2023 pick. . Thats Great.
I ruled it out because well . . . Its like saying 1+1 =11 , While i see how you got there i dont agree with your process type deal.

I mean i dont see any Contender with a 2023 pick any better then the FLA one who'd want PLD
A lot of teams already sold and those who didnt cant make the cap work
But feel free to prove me wrong but this is Draft Day 101 , Contenders are out on the big deals 9/10

capfriendly.com/draft/2023

Wait, what's that thing Colorado has? It couldn't be... A first round pick in 23! Oh my!
Besides, the Jets would prefer a player in return, not just picks.
1 juin 2023 à 10 h 28
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 370
Quoting: Black61
You do inderstand the concept of consent right?

If PLD doesnt want to sign long term with any of those teams they cant force him to.

Thats the entire point of all this. Multiple reputable insiders have said that PLDs camp ONLY wants to sign long term in MTL something that he CAN do next offseason in free agency (which is something he explicitely said he is going to do at the jets locker cleanout)

Habs fans will gladly let another team trade for him this offseason for the 1 year. We actually prefer not paying anything and getting him for free in a year

THAT IS 100 % FALSE. Dubois said that people will talk and that he personally never said that he wanted to play for Montreal. He said the Media blows everything up and he doesn't care what they have to say. But he made it very clear, he didn't once say that he wanted to play for Montreal. His agent said that it's every kids dream is to one day wear their hometowns jersey.
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
1 juin 2023 à 12 h 46
Le patriote
Analytically dach and dubois played against similar quality competition

and yet one is younger in a worst team.
1 juin 2023 à 12 h 49
Le patriote
Quoting: Cory
THAT IS 100 % FALSE. Dubois said that people will talk and that he personally never said that he wanted to play for Montreal. He said the Media blows everything up and he doesn't care what they have to say. But he made it very clear, he didn't once say that he wanted to play for Montreal. His agent said that it's every kids dream is to one day wear their hometowns jersey.

So why in the first place Jets fans are asking Dach or whoever from Habs if he is Untouchable or that rumors are false?! Is he really out of reach or do the fans don't want to lose him?! Is this whole almost 150 comments out of context?!
1 juin 2023 à 12 h 54
I Love J Boqvist
and yet one is younger in a worst team.

Being on a worse team doesn't make you a better player.
1 juin 2023 à 13 h 8
Le patriote
Being on a worse team doesn't make you a better player.

If you say so (150!!)

But a player producing are an x pace on a worst team can really do more on a better team (this is in fact most of the time right)

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage