SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock Draft with small explanations

Mock Draft with small explanations

Cuvée de repêchage: 2023
Créé par: Z0ra
Publié: 29 avr. 2023 à 15 h 27
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-A no-brainer, right?
2Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Columbus has a couple of options here, but I think the most logical one would be Fantilli. The Blue Jackets are weak down the middle, Fantilli is a must add. Columbus can build the team around him, Fantilli pretty much does everything you want with and without the puck.
3Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-The four heavy favorites to land Michkov are the Ducks, Canadiens, Coyotes, and Blackhawks. Whoever drafts first will be the one to draft him. Ducks drafted 1st overall, so the next team in line is Chicago. In the Blackhawks case, their timeline to even be competitive is really long, they can afford to take the risk of drafting this generational product. If Michkov was eligible to play in the league next year, he would be giving Bedard a run for his money for 1st overall.
4Logo de Sharks de San Jose-San Jose has already confirmed that they want bigger prospects as most of their prospect pool is filled with smaller players. And I agree with that statement, if Carlsson is sitting on the board the Sharks shouldn't overthink this one. He draws a lot of comparisons to Timo Meier, Carlsson brings a lot of skill, grit, and offensive flare to the ice.
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Kent Hughes has Smith heavily scouted as he's coached the prospect before. With that in mind, Smith is the choice here. Montreal's center depth will be fully set up after this pick, but Smith plays a crafty game with the puck. Mainly playmaker who is consistent on a nightly basis and has lit up the U18 tournament by storm.
6Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Arizona has stocked up on forwards the past few drafts. If anything, they need goalies and a new face on the back end. I see the Coyotes going off-the-board taking Reinbacher. Ranked 14th on my draft board, Reinbacher has all the tools to lead the Coyotes defensive core in the near future. An NHL debut isn't far away, Reinbacher just needs to be physical more consistently then he will be NHL ready.
7Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-This is a guy that I think Torts will love in the future. Benson is a really small yet skilled playmaker that always keeps the game simple and is overall such a hard worker. Size doesn't matter, smaller players are currently finding success in the NHL. Skating wins over everything, and Benson is one of the best and fluid skaters in the draft.
8Logo de Capitals de Washington-I will get a lot of hate on this pick and I get it, but based off production alone, Perreault is a top 10 pick. He's 6th on my board, literally 129 points in 60 USDP games is ridiculous to think about. Even in the USHL, Perreault had 45 points in 23 games. But all in all, Perreault is a really dynamic playmaker that could replace Backstrom in the near future. I've seen a lot of mocks have Perreault drop solely based off size, but once again, skating is the attribute that wins over everything. Like Benson, Perreault is a really dynamic skater.
9Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Detroit needs a goal-scoring winger or a power forward winger. Mostly left winger, I think Barlow is the pick here. This isn't a pick that Yzerman would make based off the Yzerplan, but left wing is a positional need, especially after losing Bertuzzi. Barlow is a really good goal-scorer that can also help out the Red Wings penalty kill.
10Logo de Blues de St-Louis-I do have Dvorsky ranked higher on my board, but I think Moore is a better option solely based off skating. The Blues are known for avoiding sandpaper-type prospects, and Dvorsky is a prime example of that. But Moore plays a Blues-type game, very hard-nosed, agile, and able to find the open area.
11Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Vancouver needs to draft defenseman badly. They have done well drafting forwards, especially stealing Lekkerimaki last year. Sandin-Pelikka draws comparisons to Josh Morrissey, extremely flashy offensively while still keeping up with the defensive aspects of the game. Sandin-Pelikka is a bit on the small side for a defender at 5'11", but makes up for it with his excellent mobility.
12Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaSale doesn't fall past this point. Ranked at 8th on my draft board, he falls into Arizona's lap. Armstrong and company should be through the roof if this happens.
13Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-If one of Reinbacher or Sandin-Pelikka is available, Buffalo takes whoever is available without a doubt. However, no other right-shot defenders are worth the 13th spot. So best forward available is the way to go with this pick, and that would be Dvorsky. He falls solely based off skating, its one of the worst in the early portion of the draft. But while Dvorsky won't light up the league offensively, he has showed multiple signs of being really skilled defensively. Has played center, but more than likely will be a winger at the NHL level.
14Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh must go best forward available if they want to replace the likes of Crosby and Malkin. And with Cristall sitting on the board, they shouldn't overthink this one. He does have bad injury luck and issues and skating issues, but with the skilled offense, Cristall's upside is extremely high. The Penguins will be getting really high value with this pick.
15Logo de Predators de Nashville-Leonard doesn't fall past the top 15, there's no qualities that make him past here.
16Logo de Flames de Calgary-If Leonard is somehow available here, the Flames draft him without a question as he draws comparisons to Matthew Tkachuk. However, Heidt has a lot of Gaudreau qualities in his game, so the Flames should have him at the top of their draft board. Edgy playmaker, really capable of winning 1 on 1 battles. Defensive potential is a giant question mark however.
17Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Panthers de la FlorideMontreal has been linked to Yager for a while now, he will be the pick for them. Has skating issues, but is a solid two-way winger that will make an impact in every situation of the game.
18Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Islanders de New YorkYzerman may not have continued his plan with the 9th pick, but with this pick the Yzerplan will continue. Stevie Y will go off-the-board and pick a guy who was once viewed as a top 10 pick in Lindstein. Really good defensive defender who draws a lot of Seth Jones comparisons. Offensive game is steadily improving, as shown in the U18s.
19Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Wood doesn't fall past this spot. Also as a Jets fan who got very little effort from the team in the playoffs, if Chevy wants to keep his job, he must draft a player who is willing to put the effort in every game. That would be Matt Wood, who ideally is a steal at this spot.
20Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayChicago has a small quantity of centers, drafting a couple should be a high priority. The best one available at the moment is Danielson, who's the best defensive-minded center in the draft. He has all the tools necessary to become a reliable 1C or at best 2C in the NHL, he just needs to shoot the puck more.
21Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Some may say this is way too high, but Bonk is 18th on my board. If his offense continues to improve, his ranking could be much higher. Pretty much a better version of Lindstein, bigger and one of the best puck handlers in the draft. Excellent in all situations, but offense needs to be more consistent.
22Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Minnesota needs a guy that can provide only offense. No chance Gulyayev falls past this spot, his upside is incredibly high. Would be the first defender taken if he were to play in the NHL next year.
23Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Kings de Los AngelesDespite the Blue Jackets taking Fantilli, at best Sillinger is looking like he will be a low-end 2C. However, if Ritchie uses his advanced offensive toolkit more often, he will become a high-end 2C. Ritchie is pretty much a worse version of Danielson.
24Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Rangers de New YorkThe Blues don't have a lot of versatile forwards, they could use Honzek in their lineup. An all-offensive guy who is capable of playing all three positions.
25Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Stars de DallasFor the past few drafts, the Rangers have drafted players that have played well during the end of their respective seasons. I have them drafting Stenberg, who has lit up the U18's.
26Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-The Avalanche have a gaping hole in the 2C spot after the Kadri departure. Though he hasn't put up consistent production, Stramel has high upside. Was once viewed as a top 5 pick this season. His size alone could attract GMs.
27Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonThe Predators like taking Russians, Simashev provides stability on their defensive core.
28Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Vegas is a deep team, so I have them BPA. That would be Dragicevic. Would be a top 10 pick if he was at least above average at defending the puck.
29Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoThe Blues need defensive help as Krug and Parayko could both be gone soon. They get one of the best puck distributors in the draft in Price.
30Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New JerseyGrier continues his plan by drafting Ziemmer, who brings a rare combo of size and skill. Defensive upside is unknown and without Heidt's play, Ziemmer hasn't shown excellent contribution.
31Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Carolina has a deep team close to becoming a serious favorite to win the Cup, they go BPA. That would be Musty.
32Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Bruins de BostonToronto needs a player that can do everything on the ice. Most people label Gauthier as a sniper, but he's shown signs of excelling defensively making for a reliable two-way winger.
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
33Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-This is high upside at this spot. I have Perron and Brindley higher, but Halttunen's size could have him drafted in the 1st round. It sucks to see him fall this low.
34Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Columbus has shown they don't fear the Russians. I see them taking a risk on this power forward.
35Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-As everyone knows, the Blackhawks suck. They are in a position where they need to take risks. Here they take the overaged Fimis. A bit on the small side, but his NHL debut could be as soon as next season. No major flaws apart from size, but the skill he has could make him succeed at the NHL level.
36Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Along with size, Grier has addressed he wants to draft elite potential goalies after years of having average starters. Even though I prefer Augustine more, Hrabal gives what the Sharks want, which is size.
37Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Montreal goes BPA.
38Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
Tomas Milic
Arizona needs a goalie badly, Vejmelka could be gone this offseason. The JJ Moser pick has paid off for them, so the Coyotes take the fourth year draft eligible Milic. Has been consistent and showed signs of being a solid starter in the NHL.
39Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Flyers de PhiladelphieThe Sabres need defenseman, more specifically one that can give their goalies more support. That would be McCarthy, a defensive minded defenseman.
40Logo de Capitals de Washington-Outside of Chelsey, the Capitals don't have many high-end defensive prospects. Molendyk won't push them over the edge, but he gives Washington more stability in the position.
41Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-This is the lowest I see Brindley going. He's 26th on my draft board, pretty much falls into Detroit's lap.
42Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Blues de St-LouisYzerman snags a Swedish defender who has slowly been rising up the ranks.
43Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Canucks de VancouverDetroit grabs BPA with this pick.
44Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaInconsistent production is what made Allen drop. Get the potential out of this kid, Korchinski and Allen will be a fantastic top pair.
45Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Buffalo grabs BPA.
46Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Penguins de PittsburghNashville adds to their weak center depth a big high-scoring player.
47Logo de Predators de Nashville-Once again, Nashville goes BPA. They get a guy who has quietly moved up the draft boards.
48Logo de Flames de Calgary-Off-the-board, but one of the better power forwards available.
49Logo de Panthers de la Floride-Led the BCHL in scoring. The big question mark is whether he will be able to handle bigger competition. A lot of people have him at the end of the 1st round, but he will fall because he's playing against weak competition.
50Logo de Islanders de New York-Islanders go BPA.
51Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Jets de WinnipegThis is where Augustine goes. He's the best goalie in the draft, the Kraken get tons of value here. Augustine has all the tools to become a reliable starting goalie.
52Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayIf Chicago can unlock his offensive potential, they have themselves a guy that could be the steal of the draft.
53Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Was once a top 15 pick in the draft. But inconsistent offense and size makes him fall.
54Logo de Wild du Minnesota-I don't see Whitelaw falling much further.
55Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Ciernik has tremendous skating ability, addresses depth at left wing. With the deep prospect pool the Kings have, they can afford to be patient with Ciernik.
56Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Rangers de New YorkThis is a guy that has fallen because others had superior second halves to their respective seasons. Jarventie is amazing value at this spot.
57Logo de Stars de Dallas-The Stars have a hole on the right side of their defensive core after the Klingberg departure, they fill it with this pick by drafting Gibson.
58Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoAfter stocking up on forwards with their last two picks, I see Anaheim drafting the best defenseman available. Dvorak is the best defender available, reminds me of a lefty Dylan DeMelo.
59Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-For the past few years, the Oilers have lacked high-end goalie prospects. They get one here in Bjarnason. Has all the tools to become a high-end starter in the NHL.
60Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Golden Knights de VegasKiiskinen plays a style of game that the Wild desperately need. He brings lots of skill and goal-scoring to a team that don't have many.
61Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoWhy not have the Lind brothers reunite?
62Logo de Devils du New Jersey-The main piece in the Shane Wright trade, Miedema brings one thing the Devils lack in their lineup: a power forward. The Devils already have a strong future top line of Hughes and Mercer, but you need a power forward there.
63Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-A lot of scouts have this guy near the end of the first round, if that's the case the Hurricanes are getting solid value.
64Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonSmall for a defender at 5'10", but outside that there's no holes in his game. This is this year's Lane Hutson pick.
29 avr. 2023 à 19 h 0
CbjSabresDucks
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,180
As a prospect guy, this is awesome. I really wanted us to take Pimis in the late rounds last year.

however...why do you think Vancouver stole Lekkeri? he has been pretty dissapointing IMO
29 avr. 2023 à 19 h 55
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,522
The guy I want for NJD at #62...Anton Wahlberg
29 avr. 2023 à 20 h 34
Future Norris guy
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 8,625
Since Oliver Moore plays in Plymouth, Michigan, Yzerman and company have been heavily scouting him. If Moore is still on the board at 9 Detroit will take him.
JoeROFLCOPTER a aimé ceci.
29 avr. 2023 à 20 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,058
Love it for Anaheim
1OA - Bedard, obviously
33OA - I like Halttunen there for us for sure but would t be mad at But either who goes next
58O - Dvorak is a guy I know a few of us Sucks guys on here like with either of those two later 2nds so we are in!
64OA - I don’t think Pat goes with a 5’10 dman since we already have a version of that in Zellweger and he said he wants size but I’m not sure who I’d rather there so I’m just happy with how it’s gone for us here before!

Solid solid work here my brotha!
29 avr. 2023 à 21 h 2
PittsburghModelMyAss
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,421
How can someone be called "a reliable 1C or at best a 2C" in the same sentence..? haha
29 avr. 2023 à 21 h 5
Joe
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,605
The first two picks are interesting. I, for one, don't think Barlow is 9OA worthy. Would rather see Moore, Leonard, or Reinbacher.
As for 18OA; even if he is a defensive mastermind, that is a position of excess. Of the young players, we have Edvinsson, Wallinder, Johansson, Buium. Would like to see this either be a trade-up to snag ASP if we don't nab Reinbacher. If we do, Wood or whatever good LW is remaining.
29 avr. 2023 à 21 h 53
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,410
I'd be satisfied with those three picks, but Parayko isn;t going anywhere.
29 avr. 2023 à 22 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 24
Modifié 30 avr. 2023 à 10 h 18
"The Predators like taking Russians". i wouldn't say that. They took 2 in the first recently and only one is developing. Aside from that ... 2 words... Alexander Radulov.

PS: The Predators like taking Fins (...in the first round and then let them go on wavers for nothing and then watch them do well on other teams in the playoffs ). Or drafting Sweeds or swiss and piss them away and then trade them and watch them do well else where.There I fixed it for you.
30 avr. 2023 à 13 h 58
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,687
Damn dude!
Very insightful and put together.
For a guy who isn’t a sharks fan you hit the draft almost perfectly for the Sharks! I see a lot of reaches for D with other forums, but with the effort they put in for LD this season (getting Thurn and Mukhamadulin) and the really good RD class next year this is a good time to get 2 highly skilled Wings and a G And go RD in 24.
2 mai 2023 à 20 h 17
A WILD Golden Gopher
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 140
The last thing Minnesota needs is yet another undersized LHD. We already have an offense-only defensemen in Addison and that isn't going well. Currently, we have...
LHD: Carson Lambos (1st, 2021), Ryan O'Rourke (2nd, 2020), Daemon Hunt (3rd, 2020), Kyle Masters (4th, 2021), & Jack Peart (2nd, 2021)
RHD: Calen Addison (trade), Brock Faber (trade), David Spacek (5th, 2022), & Ryan Healey (4th, 2022)
Those in bold have Top 4 potential, the rest are easily NHLers.

For this draft, we are targeting forwards. And judging by Judd Brackett's past drafts, we are gonna lean towards guys that are decent skaters, leaders, high character + hockey IQ, and drive the offense for their team. I'd love for us to draft guys with higher ceilings, especially in the goal scoring department but that doesn't seem to be in the cards as JB prefers to be a bit more conservative by focusing on solid, 2-way forwards.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage