Forums/Armchair-GM

Harder Faster Bigger Stronger

Créé par: Yinzer
Équipe: 2023-24 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 16 avr. 2023
Publié: 16 avr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Crouse adds the net front presence on the PP.
Graves and Soucy add size and skill on the back end.
Compher is a true 3C
Acciari, Hathaway, and Fischer add size and forechecking prowess to the bottom six.
Trading Guentzel helps add to the prospect pool.

Just a few ideas here guys.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
2775 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
32 050 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
31 000 000 $
31 275 000 $
2775 000 $
31 650 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
54 500 000 $
2900 000 $
24 000 000 $
32 400 000 $
21 000 000 $
64 850 000 $
53 750 000 $
64 850 000 $
31 850 000 $
2800 000 $
21 750 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Reinbacher, David
3950 000 $
Stramel, Charlie
3950 000 $
Stenberg, Otto
3950 000 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. Addison, Calen [Droits de RFA]
  2. Öhgren, Liam
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (MIN)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (MIN)
PIT
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (ANA)
PIT
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (DET)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (VAN)
DET
  1. DeSmith, Casey
  2. Légaré, Nathan
  3. Petry, Jeff
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
ARI
  1. Broz, Tristan [Liste de réserve]
  2. Granlund, Mikael
  3. Smith, Ty [Droits de RFA]
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (MIN)
  5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
  6. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (VGK)
  7. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (PIT)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de DET
Logo de VAN
Logo de NJD
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de FLA
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $79 733 509 $0 $0 $3 766 491 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
4 300 000 $4 300 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
4 850 000 $4 850 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 5
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 850 000 $4 850 000 $
DG
UFA - 6
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 5
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 050 000 $2 050 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
G
UFA - 5
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 avr. 2023 à 18 h 48
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,859
Carter is not waiving to go to Anaheim, even if he was, we wouldn't cough up a pick for that, Poulin pays Carter's way off the roster.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 18 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Yinzer
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 19
Yeah, I'm not concerned about the pick very much. I think Carter would waive to go back to the LA area if new Pittsburgh management tells him he won't be playing in Pittsburgh anymore (i.e. waive it or we'll sit you all year).
16 avr. 2023 à 18 h 56
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 846
Wings laugh. And laugh. And hang up the phone. Then call back to say they are interested, only to say "just kidding " and hang up again.
aedoran a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 18 h 58
Banni
How bout Jared McIsaac for the next 100 Penguins 1st round picks? Seriously, how did you come up with the value in that offer?
aedoran a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 18 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Yinzer
Quoting: tonyhzs
Wings laugh. And laugh. And hang up the phone. Then call back to say they are interested, only to say "just kidding " and hang up again.

Why? All they are giving up is a second and moving down in the draft order to get a top 4 defenseman (who played well with Chariot), a backup goalie, and a prospect.
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 2
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 12,079
Detroit passes. They aren't giving a 1st or a 2nd for that. The only player Detroit might be interested in is DeSmith for around 4th.
tonyhzs et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 2
Banni
Here, how bout this:
Petry and Desmith, plus Pittsburgh 1st, next year's 2nd (if available) for Detroit's 4th this year.

Much closer to reality.

Petry is cap dump. Desmith is not useful. Legare is a junk prospect.
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 11
Banni
Quoting: Yenzer
Why? All they are giving up is a second and moving down in the draft order to get a top 4 defenseman (who played well with Chariot), a backup goalie, and a prospect.

Petry is old and doesn't fit the rebuild, not to mention there is literally nobody bidding to take on that contract without retention. Even with 50% retention, he is not worth more than a 5th.

Nobody trades assets of any value for a backup. UFA is cheaper and easier.

The prospect is 22 and not am NHL regular. Moving out of prospect territory and into career AHLer land.
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 18
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,513
I think that cap-maxxed Minnesota is the wrong destination for Guentzel, both on cap and fit. (The Wild have only 8 forwards under contract for next season and only about $9 million to fill those spots, plus re-up future franchise goalie Filip Gustavsson.)

Carter isn't bringing back anything, no matter who you attach to him (other than Pickering, which would be stupid). Since he can't be bought out except at his cap hit, and can't be sent down to the AHL, I don't think that you'll be able to unload him without including a high draft pick that your lack of prospect depth precludes.

Coincidentally, the difference between Detroit's ninth overall and Pittsburgh's fourteenth overall is Pittsburgh's second. Are Petry and DeSmith equivalent to 46th overall? I don't know, but one thing I DO know is that your hope that Detroit will add is . . . optimistic.

Clinging desperately to the mirage that a couple of veterans can solve your problems at the expense of all those draft picks is, in my mind, the exact opposite of the direction you and the new GM should be taking.
MNBassman et tonyhzs a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Yinzer
Petry is old and doesn't fit the rebuild, not to mention there is literally nobody bidding to take on that contract without retention. Even with 50% retention, he is not worth more than a 5th.

Nobody trades assets of any value for a backup. UFA is cheaper and easier.

The prospect is 22 and not am NHL regular. Moving out of prospect territory and into career AHLer land.

I don't think a 2nd round pick and changing draft positions by like 5 spots is too much to ask for a top 4 defenseman. NHL GM's will listen on Petry, just like they will pay the price of a first round pick for Ben Chariot and sign him for nearly 5 million a year. Chariot doesn't fit the typical mold of a rebuild either at 31, but the Wings signed him.

Petry is a Michigan guy, played well with Chariot, can mentor young defenseman for two years, and can have a bounce-back year in a better spot. I'm not saying they would do it for sure, but don't act like this is that much of a stretch.

Beyond the particulars of the trades, I'm more interested in the Penguins shedding salary, getting younger, adding some grit to the bottom six, and size to the back end. I would rather discuss those things than Petry's value.
BELIEVEnPENGUINS a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 37
Pens71
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 53
Pretty good rebuttal to all these comments, you sold me. But even if values are off on the trades, I still like the players you brought in. Crouse should be a guy the Penguins really go after. I want Compher, Graves and Soucy as well. It will be tough, as Graves and Compher will be VERY popular. I think we have to trade one of Rust or Guenztel this offseason.
Yinzer a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 19 h 49
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 14
Wild would declines based on cap alone and they aren't trading a 1st round pick for a player they can't afford or won't keep long term
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 20 h 15
Banni
I don't think a 2nd round pick and changing draft positions by like 5 spots is too much to ask for a top 4 defenseman. NHL GM's will listen on Petry, just like they will pay the price of a first round pick for Ben Chariot and sign him for nearly 5 million a year. Chariot doesn't fit the typical mold of a rebuild either at 31, but the Wings signed him.

Petry is a Michigan guy, played well with Chariot, can mentor young defenseman for two years, and can have a bounce-back year in a better spot. I'm not saying they would do it for sure, but don't act like this is that much of a stretch.

Beyond the particulars of the trades, I'm more interested in the Penguins shedding salary, getting younger, adding some grit to the bottom six, and size to the back end. I would rather discuss those things than Petry's value.

But Petry's value is at the heart of the matter. Yes Yzerman made the UFA splash on Chiarot (much younger than Petry), but the thinking was to add toughness to the top 4..and Chiarot really didn't deliver. The term was short enough that it won't matter with 3 more years at a slightly inflated contract isn't terrible. If all the LD prospects pan out, the Chiarot is your 7th D, and that is fantastic.

Again, nobody is asking to give assets for a 35+ with a 6 million price tag for 2 more years. Nobody. Petry isn't Erik Karlsson. He isn't even John Klingberg.

And changing draft positions to drop for a guy who won't help in 2 years when the team is competing.. are you kidding? Yes, that absolutely matters. A 1st (dropping position) and a 2nd is laughable.

Detroit isn't trading assets for something that doesn't help in 2 years. Bottom line.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2023 à 22 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Yinzer
But Petry's value is at the heart of the matter. Yes Yzerman made the UFA splash on Chiarot (much younger than Petry), but the thinking was to add toughness to the top 4..and Chiarot really didn't deliver. The term was short enough that it won't matter with 3 more years at a slightly inflated contract isn't terrible. If all the LD prospects pan out, the Chiarot is your 7th D, and that is fantastic.

Again, nobody is asking to give assets for a 35+ with a 6 million price tag for 2 more years. Nobody. Petry isn't Erik Karlsson. He isn't even John Klingberg.

And changing draft positions to drop for a guy who won't help in 2 years when the team is competing.. are you kidding? Yes, that absolutely matters. A 1st (dropping position) and a 2nd is laughable.

Detroit isn't trading assets for something that doesn't help in 2 years. Bottom line.

I disagree. If it were true that no one would give up assets for Petry, then Ken Hughes wouldn't have insisted on the Penguins including Matheson in the trade to Pittsburgh and would have instead took Pettersson and ran. A lot of analysts at the time of the trade called it an even trade or a net positive for the Penguins because Petry added size and puck-moving ability that the Penguins needed. If the Penguins want to move Petry they will absolutely find takers. Detroit seemed like a logical choice to me because they have a hole at RD and Petry has a history with Chariot. He is only two seasons removed from being a big reason why the Canadiens made it to the final. Plus, he was not the only player I included as part of the deal.

Agree to disagree?
16 avr. 2023 à 22 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Yinzer
Quoting: MnWildPersonality
Wild would declines based on cap alone and they aren't trading a 1st round pick for a player they can't afford or won't keep long term

Fair points, but I know Guerin would at least be interested and they move Addison who will need to be paid. Could they include Foligno or Fleury to make the money work? Guentzel was raised in Minnesota, so it felt like a natural move in some way.
16 avr. 2023 à 22 h 21
Banni
Fair points, but I know Guerin would at least be interested and they move Addison who will need to be paid. Could they include Foligno or Fleury to make the money work? Guentzel was raised in Minnesota, so it felt like a natural move in some way.

This is the same thing as boeser to Minnesota crap based on player being born here. He's building through draft and he's not giving up 1st round pick, or roster players for a player they won't keep. Winger isn't a need
16 avr. 2023 à 22 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Yinzer
Quoting: fmaximilian
Pretty good rebuttal to all these comments, you sold me. But even if values are off on the trades, I still like the players you brought in. Crouse should be a guy the Penguins really go after. I want Compher, Graves and Soucy as well. It will be tough, as Graves and Compher will be VERY popular. I think we have to trade one of Rust or Guenztel this offseason.

Thanks for this comment! One of the things I don't like about Armchair GM is that it always becomes about people telling you why the trade is stupid rather than considering whether the players involved would make the team better or not, so it's good to hear from another Pens fan about the nature of the actual players the Penguins would be adding.

It would be really hard to part with Guentzel, but part of me thinks that that might be the best move for the team this offseason because he's going into a contract year and will need a raise, but also I really think the team needs to get bigger and tougher in the top six. If you add Crouse and keep Zucker, then Guentzel would be the natural player to move. Plus he will fetch you the biggest return. Also, on the PP, Guentzel is often in the net-front role and really doesn't fit there.

As for the other players, I'd be really excited to see Graves and Soucy on the backend with their size. And Compher would be the very best possible 3C available for the Penguins in my opinion. Finally the bottom six would be tough to play against!
16 avr. 2023 à 22 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Yinzer
Quoting: MnWildPersonality
This is the same thing as boeser to Minnesota crap based on player being born here. He's building through draft and he's not giving up 1st round pick, or roster players for a player they won't keep. Winger isn't a need

It's not crap to suggest a player be moved to a team where he would enjoy playing. A big part of acquiring a player is ensuring that they will be a fit culturally and enjoy playing there.

From my perspective, Guentzel is younger and would be an upgrade on Zuccarello, who the Wild could let walk next season before extending Guentzel. That was my thinking anyway.
16 avr. 2023 à 22 h 36
Banni
It's not crap to suggest a player be moved to a team where he would enjoy playing. A big part of acquiring a player is ensuring that they will be a fit culturally and enjoy playing there.

From my perspective, Guentzel is younger and would be an upgrade on Zuccarello, who the Wild could let walk next season before extending Guentzel. That was my thinking anyway.

Wild have Liam Ohgren and danila Yurov coming. Recently top 1st round pick winger. Again our gm doesn't trade for rentals. You should do some research about Minnesota cap situation. They aren't letting Zuccarello go because of Kaprizov. Also just because a player is from Minnesota means wild wants him. Other teams fans have a weird view of this, and our gm isn't, and don't trade assets for rentals, so no
17 avr. 2023 à 5 h 39
Banni
I disagree. If it were true that no one would give up assets for Petry, then Ken Hughes wouldn't have insisted on the Penguins including Matheson in the trade to Pittsburgh and would have instead took Pettersson and ran. A lot of analysts at the time of the trade called it an even trade or a net positive for the Penguins because Petry added size and puck-moving ability that the Penguins needed. If the Penguins want to move Petry they will absolutely find takers. Detroit seemed like a logical choice to me because they have a hole at RD and Petry has a history with Chariot. He is only two seasons removed from being a big reason why the Canadiens made it to the final. Plus, he was not the only player I included as part of the deal.

Agree to disagree?

First, the rest of the players included are of zero interest to Detroit. A backup goalie and career AHLer doesn't add anything in a trade. I may as well offer up Dominick Shine and Ned with Chiarot. Does that have you offering up even a 2nd round pick?

The Petry trade was a bad one to begin with, and it was made out of desperation. I must reiterate, NO TEAM is giving any substantial asset for Petry. You might find a team willing to take it on if they were cup contenders and Pittsburgh were to eat half the salary. Petry is a fine player, always has been underrated. At 35 years old, with 2 more years at 6 million, only a terrible GM gives up assets for him. Speaking of terrible GMs, isn't the guy who traded for Petry gone? Oh yeah, even then, Petry came with another player in exchange for another average player ANDa 4th round pick. Poehling and Matheson are pretty irrelevant in that trade; it was essentially Petry for a 4th.
17 avr. 2023 à 9 h 45
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,020
Carter doesn't waive for ANA. Not sure there is a reason for DET to make that trade.
23 avr. 2023 à 14 h 58
Banni

Can you please stop trading Jake to Minnesota and thinking our gm will pay a price he doesn't?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage