Forums/Armchair-GM

Goalie Overlode

Créé par: Random2152
Équipe: 2023-24 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 10 avr. 2023
Publié: 10 avr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Okay I should explain because I already know people will get angry at some of these valuations - but I am 100% serious about everything here.

Firstly; Goalies rarely return much. Every time a goalie gets moved it always shocks people for how little it ends up being and they never learn. A 1st plus an NHL ready goalie prospect (check the stats) is reasonable enough to be competitive with other suitors.

Secondly; Tanev is a rental. If you think he is bringing in some dragon haul you're likely to be disappointed. Liljegren is insane value for what your giving up, which is why you're taking Murray's contract (worth a 3rd from TOR or so) and sending us an underutilised forward. Frankly I think you'd come out on top of this trade and think CGY would be adding a relatively high pick but I just know how CF loves to devalue Leafs.
Anyway Andersson-Liljegren as a 1-2 RD would be insane for the next 5-10 years

Why do I want 2 goalies? IDK why not. Its just a random idea to see if we can get 2 young guys and 'rehab' Hart a bit from that mess in Philly.
Moving Lily only makes sense if Keefe is going to do the old coach thing of not trusting the kids to play 2nd pair mins. Thats pretty much the reason

If you don't read the desc and comment something already answered by it I reserve the right to make fun of you
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 150 000 $
34 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
33 500 000 $
21 000 000 $
21 500 000 $
Transactions
PHI
  1. Woll, Joseph
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de NYI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $79 565 450 $0 $0 $3 934 550 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Flames de Calgary
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 2
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
C
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
AD, C, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Flames de Calgary
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
3 979 000 $3 979 000 $
G
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
834 167 $834 167 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Équipe de réserve
925 000 $925 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, AD
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 avr. 2023 à 18 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,727
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
You still aren't addressing the horrible swap in Murray for Tanev

You are still undervaluing Liljegren. The swap is Tanev + ruz + murray contract for Liljegren.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2023 à 18 h 18
Once a Kings Fan Too
Mentions "j'aime": 26,156
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
That's what I figured just didn't know if I missed something.

Same here but personally I think he stays. I've heard some claiming he wants to play in the spotlight as well, but last time I checked Toronto, Montreal & New York are the 3 biggest markets in the league. Also, I don't buy into taxes being an issue as its essentially balanced out by the exchange rate vs cost of living. These players have ways around paying as much taxes as most think especially if they get paid in signing bonuses.

Couldn't agree more, there's less than zero % chance he goes to zona. The OHL'S Hamilton bulldogs literally draw bigger crowds. But L.A. isn't a big market Doughty has publicly spoken about ut in TSN and Sportsnet. oldNYIfan can speak on this better but I have to assume LA is a Lakers town first and foremost then the Dodgers then the rams/chargers then either the kings, clippers or Galaxy not sure of the order but I'd think the clippers would be the bigger draw.

If he in fact won't sign though I can't see him making it to FA. Personally I can't wait until he signs in the offseason so we can put this to rest.

IF he doesn't re-up with Toronto, Los Angeles is a possible destination. I've done a 2024-2025 mockup and we can afford to pay him $15 million with minor stress. Without much to prove on a performance basis, I think that there are three motivating factors which might affect his decision: (1) the possibility of breaking new ground in an undersold market, his home town -- Arizona; (2) the legitimate chance at a Stanley Cup with a would-be contender on the rise -- Los Angeles -- or a contender to repeat -- Colorado; and (3) the appeal of money plus on-ice success in low-tax jurisdictions -- Las Vegas or Tampa.

I have no insight other than speculation.
Trickster et Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2023 à 18 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,303
Quoting: Random2152
You are still undervaluing Liljegren. The swap is Tanev + ruz + murray contract for Liljegren.

No im not. Im a huge fan of Liljegren. I've said for a few years now that I think he will be a very solid #3/4. He's still no where near as good as Tanev but I do think he would make a great replacement for Tanev in the long run

However it's very clear how much you undervalue Ruzicka and the cost to dump Murray. Nor do you seem to understand team needs. Again Calgary has the best goalie prospect in the world in Dustin Wolf and for some really strange reason you think it makes sense for them to block his path to the NHL with another expensive goalie with term
10 avr. 2023 à 18 h 43
Mentions "j'aime": 2,584
Quoting: OldNYIfan
IF he doesn't re-up with Toronto, Los Angeles is a possible destination. I've done a 2024-2025 mockup and we can afford to pay him $15 million with minor stress. Without much to prove on a performance basis, I think that there are three motivating factors which might affect his decision: (1) the possibility of breaking new ground in an undersold market, his home town -- Arizona; (2) the legitimate chance at a Stanley Cup with a would-be contender on the rise -- Los Angeles -- or a contender to repeat -- Colorado; and (3) the appeal of money plus on-ice success in low-tax jurisdictions -- Las Vegas or Tampa.

I have no insight other than speculation.

I agree LA would make sense as would Vegas and Dallas IMO but no way he goes to zona now, maybe later on in his career but not now. My hometown OHL team sells more tickets and has a bigger arena than zona. Colarado doesn't make sense either IMO because there's already too much financial commitments there and I think they are content with their core and wouldn't want to break it up to bring in Matthew's, however I could very well be wrong as this is just my opinion. Personally I think he extends here and I don't think the tax situation is as bad as most think with currency exchange rate vs cost of living and being paid in signing bonuses to avoid paying as much into taxes.

Same here and you make valid points.
OldNYIfan et oneX a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2023 à 19 h 26
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,682
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
I agree LA would make sense as would Vegas and Dallas IMO but no way he goes to zona now, maybe later on in his career but not now. My hometown OHL team sells more tickets and has a bigger arena than zona. Colarado doesn't make sense either IMO because there's already too much financial commitments there and I think they are content with their core and wouldn't want to break it up to bring in Matthew's, however I could very well be wrong as this is just my opinion. Personally I think he extends here and I don't think the tax situation is as bad as most think with currency exchange rate vs cost of living and being paid in signing bonuses to avoid paying as much into taxes.

Same here and you make valid points.

People just dismiss the point about Arizona being a clown organization just because that's where Matthew's home town is. The fact that he loves the spotlight is just ignored plus Arizona is nowhere near contending makes a move there a non starter.

NYR might be a real possibility drop on what they do.
Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2023 à 19 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Mentions "j'aime": 5,727
Quoting: oneX
People just dismiss the point about Arizona being a clown organization just because that's where Matthew's home town is. The fact that he loves the spotlight is just ignored plus Arizona is nowhere near contending makes a move there a non starter.

As long as by 'real possibility' you mean <5% then we agree
oneX et Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2023 à 21 h 9
Mentions "j'aime": 2,584
Modifié 10 avr. 2023 à 21 h 27
Quoting: oneX

I agree but I wouldn't lump @oldNYIfan in with them. The only way Matthews would go to zona is later on in his career if he wanted to retire there but certainly not anytime soon. They haven't even broken ground on a new arena and now the city of Phoenix is sueing the city of Tempe and there's a counter suite. There's no way AM34 is going to play in a collage arena because even if he went home he wouldn't have an impact on saving the franchise without an actual NHL arena.

The coyotes are Betman's baby and as long as he's incharge they won't be going anywhere unfortunately. I'm not sure why there's not more pushback from the owners as this team hasn't been profitable in it's entire existence and more so it hemorrhages money every year. Last I checked the driving factor behind business is to make money not cost yourself money especially when there's an easy fix... Relocation!!!

IMO in this hypothetical scenario NYR are the only team that makes any sense if Matthew's wants to be in the spotlight as we've been told. If he wants to be closer to home than L.A, Vegas & Dallas all make sense but, I think 34 is genuine when he says he's happy in Toronto and playing for the Leafs and why wouldn't he be? Plus, he loves playing with Marner and pretty sure he also plays for the Leafs.

Edit: also forgot to add that Matthew's makes more in endorsement deals in Toronto than he would in any of the other market's mentioned.
OldNYIfan et oneX a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage