SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 2023 Season Discussion (Part 5)

27 mars 2023 à 12 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,169
Quoting: Saskleaf
I mean, I wasn’t really expecting anything from him lol. I thought when they got him he’d be a 4th liner and nothing more.

He feels like Coleman. Not great rn but will be a big factor in a playoff push. As people forget when Coleman was traded he didnt do much for Tampa then in the playoffs he gourde and goodrow murdered teams
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 13 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: aadoyle
He feels like Coleman. Not great rn but will be a big factor in a playoff push. As people forget when Coleman was traded he didnt do much for Tampa then in the playoffs he gourde and goodrow murdered teams

I mean he wasn't Lafferty bad:

Coleman nine games with TBL: 0G 1A +2
CF 92 CA 91
GF 4 GA 3
SCF 44 SCA 50
HDCF 13 HDCA 13
25 Hits 6 Blocks

That's not a good comparison
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 13 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 27 mars 2023 à 13 h 50
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I mean he wasn't Lafferty bad:

Coleman nine games with TBL: 0G 1A +2
CF 92 CA 91
GF 4 GA 3
SCF 44 SCA 50
HDCF 13 HDCA 13
25 Hits 6 Blocks

That's not a good comparison

No its pretty good considering Coleman had 1 assist in 9 games for Tampa. Another good one is Hagel who had 4 goals and 3 assists -4 in 22 games and helped Tampa reach the SCF

Sure stats A, B, and C are saying this guys worse but stats in the context of hockey are all over the place. Player A can have worse stats than B but be doing better in terms of points production.

As in general there is nothing to say Lafferty wont have a playoff run like coleman did in Tampa. "But stats" they can change on the fly and playoff games are different. Either way Lafferty has not been as bad as the stats are making it out to be and he will be a good candidate to help us push for a long playoff run as he has the ability to do it all. Keep him with ZAR and let them continue to build chemistry like they did in Pitt as we saw what those two can do together.

NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 13 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
No its pretty good considering Coleman had 1 assist in 9 games for Tampa. Another good one is Hagel who had 4 goals and 3 assists -4 in 22 games and helped Tampa reach the SCF

Sure stats A, B, and C are saying this guys worse but stats in the context of hockey are all over the place. Player A can have worse stats than B but be doing better in terms of points production.

Either way Lafferty has not been as bad as the stats are making it out to be and he will be a good candidate to help us push for a long playoff run as he has the ability to do it all.

So wait, your saying that since they both didn't produce offensively yet one (Lafferty) is getting completely caved in whenever he is on the ice (has 8 giveaways) is the same as (Coleman) who also didn't put up points yet was pretty much winning his mins, ok.

What exactly is Lafferty doing it all?

Your appreciation for everything that is wrong with the team is commendable tho, keep up the fight
27 mars 2023 à 13 h 58
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,250
I was at least expecting him to be a positive player, not negative

Yah fair enough
27 mars 2023 à 14 h 0
Saskoiler for now

Nah Coleman was way better than Lafferty from the start. But Lafferty was kind of a throw in to that trade anyways. McCabe has been fine so I’m not worried about Lafferty. If things get really bad, scratch him.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 14 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Nah Coleman was way better than Lafferty from the start. But Lafferty was kind of a throw in to that trade anyways. McCabe has been fine so I’m not worried about Lafferty. If things get really bad, scratch him.

This
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 14 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

As in general there is nothing to say Lafferty wont have a playoff run like coleman did in Tampa. "But stats" they can change on the fly and playoff games are different. Either way Lafferty has not been as bad as the stats are making it out to be and he will be a good candidate to help us push for a long playoff run as he has the ability to do it all. Keep him with ZAR and let them continue to build chemistry like they did in Pitt as we saw what those two can do together.

I mean I can cherry pick plays too.

What is Lafferty even doing all the way over there, his coverage was the other side. You can even see Calle pointing to him to get over.

Leaves Ekholm wide open to walk in.

This is happening regularly
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 14 h 11
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,690
Everyone arguing about lines and Lafferty. We're all forgetting that Kerfoot has a decent chance of getting a contract over a guy like Bunting - and THAT will be very funny
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 14 h 16
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: Random2152
Everyone arguing about lines and Lafferty. We're all forgetting that Kerfoot has a decent chance of getting a contract over a guy like Bunting - and THAT will be very funny

Depending on how much Kerfoot is offered it could be ok. Don’t know if I’d want to give him more then like 2 mil but they probably will if they keep him around.
27 mars 2023 à 14 h 18
Just Keep Swimming
Depending on how much Kerfoot is offered it could be ok. Don’t know if I’d want to give him more then like 2 mil but they probably will if they keep him around.

Id be okay with the Jarnkrok contract fwiw
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 14 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

I look forward to seeing how everyone reacts when he gets resigned this summer
Random2152 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 14 h 24
Saskoiler for now
Id be okay with the Jarnkrok contract fwiw

Yah I’d be fine with that.
27 mars 2023 à 14 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

He was up for a few different head coaching positions last year, have to think he gets one this summer.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 14 h 55
Hakuna Matata

Kerfoot's gonna be an Oiler

Its the trend

Bunting's gonna end up in Carolina or something as that seems to be how it goes

CAR: Anderson, Gardiner, Kase
EDM: Hyman, Ceci, Barrie, Campbell, etc.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 14 h 59
Just Keep Swimming
Kerfoot's gonna be an Oiler

Its the trend

Bunting's gonna end up in Carolina or something as that seems to be how it goes

CAR: Anderson, Gardiner, Kase
EDM: Hyman, Ceci, Barrie, Campbell, etc.

No. Bunting is the Oiler, Carolina is gonna take Kerf if we dont sign him
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 15 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 27 mars 2023 à 15 h 8
No. Bunting is the Oiler, Carolina is gonna take Kerf if we dont sign him

Yea actually that makes more sense

Kerfoot is honestly the type of guy I see the Canes targeting.

Either way I already got my funny FA prediction down on Dubas's next huh signing
Random2152 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 15 h 1
Just Keep Swimming
Yea actually that makes more sense

Kerfoot is honestly the type of guy I see the Canes targeting.

Could be Holl too. But i think Holl has his sights set on going home. Fit makes sense there too
27 mars 2023 à 15 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Could be Holl too. But i think Holl has his sights set on going home. Fit makes sense there too

To me Holl is going to SEA to reunite with Hakstol

Other options are Pitt and his home town Wild as apparently Addision is not in their coaches favor rn as he doesnt play that style he likes
27 mars 2023 à 15 h 6
Just Keep Swimming
To me Holl is going to SEA to reunite with Hakstol

Other options are Pitt and his home town Wild as apparently Addision is not in their coaches favor rn as he doesnt play that style he likes

PGH has too many RHD. Unless they comit to roster surgery we can rule them out. Seattle could make sense too, but yes thats why i think MIN is where he is more likely to go (home)
27 mars 2023 à 15 h 10
Hakuna Matata
PGH has too many RHD. Unless they comit to roster surgery we can rule them out. Seattle could make sense too, but yes thats why i think MIN is where he is more likely to go (home)

I feel roster surgery is coming as to me they need some help on D and goaltending

Dunn-Larsson is a good 2nd borderline 1st pair
Oleksiak-Shultz is a good 3rd pairing

They need a new 1st or 2nd pair depending on what they decide with Dunn-Shultz. Hakstol has experience working with Holl so I feel that is someone they will target

As to me if they fix their D a bit and get a proper goalie they could rule the Pacific.
27 mars 2023 à 15 h 15
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,142
I look forward to seeing how everyone reacts when he gets resigned this summer

Id be fine with it. My main criticism of his is the $$$ he makes. If he comes in at a lower dollar amount and contributes his defense and speed, I'd be happy. I throw a lot of hate at the dude, but Im happy to have him
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 15 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Nathaniel
Id be fine with it. My main criticism of his is the $$$ he makes. If he comes in at a lower dollar amount and contributes his defense and speed, I'd be happy. I throw a lot of hate at the dude, but Im happy to have him

You like having Kerfoot in the top 6?

Genuine q, not hating
27 mars 2023 à 15 h 31
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,142
You like having Kerfoot in the top 6?

Genuine q, not hating

In the top 6? Not at all. In the bottom 6 (especially if it were at a lower dollar amount)? Definitely. Top 6 Kerfoot pains me to no end, but having him in the bottom 6 is fine
MatthewsFan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2023 à 15 h 37
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Nathaniel
In the top 6? Not at all. In the bottom 6 (especially if it were at a lower dollar amount)? Definitely. Top 6 Kerfoot pains me to no end, but having him in the bottom 6 is fine

I mean the one argument I have for now is Kerfoot has 2 goals in 5 games playing with JT in the top 6. Is he ideal there no but it seems he and JT got something going. Keefe's just got to balance it out. Dont have him up there all the time but since the shootout goal he has been more noticeable and 2 goals in 5 games isnt great but better than 0 in 26.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage