Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $80 834 166 $1 170 000 $4 195 000 $2 665 834 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 7
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 3
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
UFA - 8
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 6
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
835 000 $835 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
UFA - 4
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance275 000 $$275K)
DD
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
828 333 $828 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 2
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 3
850 000 $850 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
5 291 667 $5 291 667 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
17 mars 2023 à 14 h 35
Sennecke is a gem
Rejoint: sept. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,303
You cannot be serious with the Draisaitl trade...
Ausbear17 a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2023 à 14 h 36
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 7,058
Too much garbage and no quality going to Winnipeg. Dump the entire deal and replace with Florida's 23 first, Beck and Roy.

No matter how much Montreal fans fantasize about it trades are a two way street and Winnipeg has no reason to give Dubois away for a collection of low and no value pieces or waiver fodder when 30 other teams would easily beat this offer.

Or is this just a Montreal garbage for gold ACGM?
17 mars 2023 à 14 h 39
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12,062
Pass from Ottawa. I don't think Gurianov fits anywhere for Ottawa. Kastelic has a role he can fill on the team
17 mars 2023 à 15 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 92
come on man…… why would any of those teams do that?(aside from the kings I guess)
17 mars 2023 à 15 h 15
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,113
Quoting: KrispyBBQ
come on man…… why would any of those teams do that?(aside from the kings I guess)

i'd even argue that the Kings wouldn't want to give up even a 6th for a 33 year old goalie with a 2x$3.85M cap hit coming off a season where he's currently at an .892 SV% and 3.56 GAA.
KrispyBBQ a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2023 à 15 h 20
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,449
Quoting: Windjammer
Too much garbage and no quality going to Winnipeg. Dump the entire deal and replace with Florida's 23 first, Beck and Roy.

No matter how much Montreal fans fantasize about it trades are a two way street and Winnipeg has no reason to give Dubois away for a collection of low and no value pieces or waiver fodder when 30 other teams would easily beat this offer.

Or is this just a Montreal garbage for gold ACGM?

Just like Montreal has no reason to give up Beck + Roy + 2023 1st, you can't be serious about that ask! PLD in no McDavid you know! He is a rental to any team acquiring him and as such the package will be rental quality!
17 mars 2023 à 15 h 24
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
i'd even argue that the Kings wouldn't want to give up even a 6th for a 33 year old goalie with a 2x$3.85M cap hit coming off a season where he's currently at an .892 SV% and 3.56 GAA.

Totally agree with ya there, although to be fair, the lineup in front of him is abysmal. Wouldn’t be surprised if a team took a flyer on him but yes, definitely agree with you on why someone shouldn’t.
17 mars 2023 à 15 h 29
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,450
Quoting: Campabee
Just like Montreal has no reason to give up Beck + Roy + 2023 1st, you can't be serious about that ask! PLD in no McDavid you know! He is a rental to any team acquiring him and as such the package will be rental quality!

What if it's with extension in place genius? Or you know we can trade him allowing for either a sign and trade, trade with extension in place or a team that he would sign with. The matter of fact is its not just mtl as an option and can be traded for more based on what condition he's traded under.
17 mars 2023 à 15 h 30
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,061
I audibly laughed when I read that Draisaitl trade, how in the world does that make any sense?
Ausbear17 a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2023 à 15 h 35
Quoting: Howie
What if it's with extension in place genius? Or you know we can trade him allowing for either a sign and trade, trade with extension in place or a team that he would sign with. The matter of fact is its not just mtl as an option and can be traded for more based on what condition he's traded under.

1) there is no point in even arguing this. They lost all credibility with that atrocious Draisaitl trade lmao. Obviously some bias/delusion going on.

2) I am assuming when he mentioned PLD is a rental, he is referring to the narrative that PLD is not going to sign long term with any team other than Montreal.
Howie et Windjammer a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2023 à 15 h 39
1) there is no point in even arguing this. They lost all credibility with that atrocious Draisaitl trade lmao. Obviously some bias/delusion going on.

2) I am assuming when he mentioned PLD is a rental, he is referring to the narrative that PLD is not going to sign long term with any team other than Montreal.

Yeah but there is no source saying that Dubois wouldn't sign elsewhere. He may be willing to play in mtl as much as Arizona. The fact is we don't know enough about the situation to assume that he's only a rental and only going to mtl.
KrispyBBQ et Windjammer a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2023 à 15 h 51
Yeah but there is no source saying that Dubois wouldn't sign elsewhere. He may be willing to play in mtl as much as Arizona. The fact is we don't know enough about the situation to assume that he's only a rental and only going to mtl.

Oh I totally agree with ya. Im just saying that’s why he’s trying to validate that terrible trade for PLD.
Howie et Windjammer a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2023 à 16 h 52

He already said he is not extending genius! He wants to test FA or is that too hard for you to understand? PLD is a rental for any and every team right now, he is only going to sign a 1 year deal then test the FA market.
17 mars 2023 à 16 h 54

Actually I am referring to PLD himself saying he wants to test FA, that makes him a rental.

EDIT** Here is the Quote

"Pierre-Luc Dubois has informed the Winnipeg Jets that his current plan is to test unrestricted free agency when eligible in the summer of 2024," Friedman said. "Now the Jets have control of the process until then, and what we're also hearing though is that they wish to keep him and have him as a Jet for a long time to come."

and the link

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/dubois-informs-jets-he-plans-to-test-free-agency-in-2024-team-wants-to-keep-him/
17 mars 2023 à 17 h 36
He already said he is not extending genius! He wants to test FA or is that too hard for you to understand? PLD is a rental for any and every team right now, he is only going to sign a 1 year deal then test the FA market.

Yeah and guess what that can change at a moments notice. The whole point of him testing ufa is to know what teams are interested and all the earnings he'd get by team. If carolina trades for him and offers 10m a season what are the odds he declines and goes ufa? Not very likely. The whole point is money and winning for him and if he gets that a reasonable offer would secure him. I forgot you know exactly what he's going to do and what his plans are. Dubois probably doesn't even know what his future holds just that he wants to play in a winning culture and get a deal that is favorable to him. No one knows what he's going to do but him and frankly he might not know yet.

Edit using 1 year old information that has been updated and likely changed since then is key rather than referencing one statement where it can be taken the wrong way. He has stated since then he hasn't ruled out long term in winnipeg which would indicate that he is willing to change his plans depending on what happens and it's safe to assume if winnipeg is still an option long term there's other teams likely in the same boat.
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2023 à 18 h 6
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091

The trade proposed here is just bad. No 1st or no top prospect is just not within reason.
So is a 1st, Beck, and Roy. That's the equivalent of 3 top prospects. Not happening. at least one piece has to be downgraded (and/or a player to offset some of the cap imbalance).

1st > Montreal's 2nd probably won't sit well, but that's at least what it would take to get me to include both Beck and Roy.
Better for WInnipeg to take the 1st, Beck, and one of Dvorak, RHP/Ylonen, or a 'B' prospect. (Or roughly equivalent player to one of those).
17 mars 2023 à 18 h 41
Modifié 17 mars 2023 à 18 h 54
Quoting: ricochetii
The trade proposed here is just bad. No 1st or no top prospect is just not within reason.
So is a 1st, Beck, and Roy. That's the equivalent of 3 top prospects. Not happening. at least one piece has to be downgraded (and/or a player to offset some of the cap imbalance).

1st > Montreal's 2nd probably won't sit well, but that's at least what it would take to get me to include both Beck and Roy.
Better for WInnipeg to take the 1st, Beck, and one of Dvorak, RHP/Ylonen, or a 'B' prospect. (Or roughly equivalent player to one of those).

It appears you're overrating you're prospects a bit. It happens everyone does it.

Beck and Roy aren't top prospects. Top prospects are players usually selected in the first round that are can't miss NHL'ers.

Beck is a B prospect, picked in the 2nd round, has a good chance of making the NHL. Probably tops out as a 3C, if he makesit as a center. Has almost no chance of ever being as good as Dubois.

Roy is a C prospect at best. Selected in the 5th round, only 17 players selected after the 2nd round ever go on to play more than 200 games in the NHL. He's a long shot to make the NHL, probably an energy 3rd or 4th liner of he ever makes it. Virtually no chance of becoming an impact player.

I know you'll be claiming it's Hab hate, but it's not, it's just statistics and historical probabilities. If you have stats that show otherwise and place then as top prospects, if like to see them for debate's sake.

This isn't an attempt to persuade you to trade those players for PLD, as I'd prefer the Jets not do that as I think they can get a better, more suitable return elsewhere. It's just providing fact based evidence for the counter offer not being unreasonable.
17 mars 2023 à 19 h 49
Modifié 17 mars 2023 à 19 h 57
Yeah and guess what that can change at a moments notice. The whole point of him testing ufa is to know what teams are interested and all the earnings he'd get by team. If carolina trades for him and offers 10m a season what are the odds he declines and goes ufa? Not very likely. The whole point is money and winning for him and if he gets that a reasonable offer would secure him. I forgot you know exactly what he's going to do and what his plans are. Dubois probably doesn't even know what his future holds just that he wants to play in a winning culture and get a deal that is favorable to him. No one knows what he's going to do but him and frankly he might not know yet.

Edit using 1 year old information that has been updated and likely changed since then is key rather than referencing one statement where it can be taken the wrong way. He has stated since then he hasn't ruled out long term in winnipeg which would indicate that he is willing to change his plans depending on what happens and it's safe to assume if winnipeg is still an option long term there's other teams likely in the same boat.

Yeah it was a year ago (or there about) but if PLD had changed his mind about testing FA and was really willing to extend longer, don't you think a deal would have been worked out in January when his signing window reopened? Where did I say anything about him not signing for any team? You are taking what I said out of context. I said he said he wants to test FA, that's it. He could resign in Winnipeg (it's likely he opts for a 1 year deal but he could go longer if he thinks Winnipeg is a contender) if that's the case then he won't be traded and his value is a moot point. If he is traded as a sign and trade then he may get the type of return you are asking for but IMO with the reports and everything out there I think other GM's will be leery of his intentions and just view him as a rental,which is what I said.

I forgot though, only you and other Jets fans are allowed to speculate on what PLD will do and place a value on him according to what you think will happen.
17 mars 2023 à 20 h 5
Yeah it was a year ago (or there about) but if PLD had changed his mind about testing FA and was really willing to extend longer, don't you think a deal would have been worked out in January when his signing window reopened? Where did I say anything about him not signing for any team? You are taking what I said out of context. I said he said he wants to test FA, that's it. He could resign in Winnipeg (it's likely he opts for a 1 year deal but he could go longer if he thinks Winnipeg is a contender) if that's the case then he won't be traded and his value is a moot point. If he is traded as a sign and trade then he may get the type of return you are asking for but IMO with the reports and everything out there I think other GM's will be leery of his intentions and just view him as a rental,which is what I said.

He wants to wait and see all his options before making a decision he isn't sold one way or another. This was in his press conference when he attempted to clear the air. He is open to signing long term isn't the same as willing during the season.

If Dubois is allowed to talk to teams (which I don't see why not can increase his value) he can inform what he'd like long term and an offer can represent what agreement is in place. Teams can view players differently on the same player. This can be seen with meier this year where a team like Toronto could trade for him but unlikely to keep him long term. NJ on the other hand paid for the idea that they intend to keep him for as long as possible. The point is if Dubois is willing to sign with teams his value drastically goes up and the likelihood of a team wanting his services for the foreseeable future is ideal when it's a player of Dubois caliber.

The idea with resigning with the jets is firstly wants to wait to ensure its the right decision. Players have many options to them and choosing a long term home can be more daunting on some and Dubois wants to ensure that he's making the best decision. That's why he hasn't resigned at the January window.

When I mean resigning with the jets was a longer term sense (4 plus year atleast) he's looking for the place to play out his best years of his career and winnipeg is an option for him in being here for many years. It may not be the most likely team but him signing a long term deal this Offseason is in the realm of possibility.

Other gms think differently on players and situations so there will be teams lining up for Dubois for various reason and it's fair to assume that some gms will want to put their team over the top. This is where Dubois long term to infuse into a top 6 would be worth more than a rental price. To conclude he has been open to many ways to pave his future from long term to ufa but the fact of the matter is no one knows and probably not Dubois himself so to say what's going to happen is a bit premature
17 mars 2023 à 20 h 7
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: Windjammer
It appears you're overrating you're prospects a bit. It happens everyone does it.

Beck and Roy aren't top prospects. Top prospects are players usually selected in the first round that are can't miss NHL'ers.

Beck is a B prospect, picked in the 2nd round, has a good chance of making the NHL. Probably tops out as a 3C, if he makesit as a center. Has almost no chance of ever being as good as Dubois.

Roy is a C prospect at best. Selected in the 5th round, only 17 players selected after the 2nd round ever go on to play more than 200 games in the NHL. He's a long shot to make the NHL, probably an energy 3rd or 4th liner of he ever makes it. Virtually no chance of becoming an impact player.

I know you'll be claiming it's Hab hate, but it's not, it's just statistics and historical probabilities. If you have stats that show otherwise and place then as top prospects, if like to see them for debate's sake.

This isn't an attempt to persuade you to trade those players for PLD, as I'd prefer the Jets not do that as I think they can get a better, more suitable return elsewhere. It's just providing fact based evidence for the counter offer not being unreasonable.

I don't have a definitive ranking of our prospects, but Roy is often #1 and normally top 3. Ahead of players like Beck, Hutson, Mesar, etc. (Not currently in the NHL.)
3C is more Beck's floor. Again, no definitive source, just an aggregate of opinions.

They might not hold up in comparison league wide, but that's still 2 of our 3 best. It's fine to ask for 1 on top of the 1st, but you're going to have to go outside our top 3 (Hutson is on most lists as the third now) or even top 5 for the final piece.
Mesar for example is a stretch because he's a Hughes pick, but more palatable than moving Roy.
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2023 à 20 h 17
I don't have a definitive ranking of our prospects, but Roy is often #1 and normally top 3. Ahead of players like Beck, Hutson, Mesar, etc. (Not currently in the NHL.)
3C is more Beck's floor. Again, no definitive source, just an aggregate of opinions.

They might not hold up in comparison league wide, but that's still 2 of our 3 best. It's fine to ask for 1 on top of the 1st, but you're going to have to go outside our top 3 (Hutson is on most lists as the third now) or even top 5 for the final piece.
Mesar for example is a stretch because he's a Hughes pick, but more palatable than moving Roy.

Both Roy and Beck were ranked top 5 in our system like a week ago (Beck was 3rd Roy 4th). Here is the link

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2023/03/09/montreal-canadiens-prospect-rankings-spring-edition/
ricochetii a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2023 à 20 h 28

I agree, prosoect ranking is very subjective. I don't know Montreal's prospects nearly as well as you do probably, I'm just trying to base what I think the Jets scouts would do and think based on historical and statistical data. Which as fans, is about the best we can do for trying to estimate what our scouts think.

Anyways, if we set that aside and go with your valuation of them being part of your top 3 prospects, none of them still have an upside anywhere close to what Dubois currently is, so I don't think that ask is too far out of line.

Especially, when you consider that the Jets probably ideally would prefer a young roster player as one of the pieces. Since Montreal doesn't have that, I think they would need to upgrade the prospects in the deal. Hence asking for two better prospects.

As I've said earlier though this isn't an attempt to talk you into it or present it as a good deal for Montreal. Just an explanation on why I think it's not an unreasonable ask.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage