SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 2023 Season Discussion (Part 3)

23 févr. 2023 à 13 h 43
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,212
Quoting: MatthewsFan
McCabe - good job of getting moving the puck out of his own end. Has a good physical game but doesn’t run around, picks his hits well. Also physical in front of his own net. Combines this with good stick work allowing him to break up opposing teams’ cycles and defend the rush well. He is very cautious in the offensive zone as well as with jumping up into the rush. Likes to play it safe when it comes to offence. Strong defensive defenceman that brings some bite and can play both sides. There is a lot to like 🤷‍♂️

i know thats the book on him I think that's just a bullish valuation on what he actually brings

edit: by bullish i don't mean BS i mean overly strong not sure if that came across clearly
23 févr. 2023 à 13 h 45
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,983
Quoting: leafs101
i know thats the book on him I think that's just a bullish valuation on what he actually brings

edit: by bullish i don't mean BS i mean overly strong not sure if that came across clearly

All good, we don’t have to agree on everything. I like the player and believe he’d be a significant upgrade to our current Dcore.
leafs101 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2023 à 13 h 46
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,169
do you really think we could get them to retain though? I just can't imagine the Leafs taking on a 4.5M cap hit for next season, at all.

We dont need retention just move Kerfoot as remember Dubas said deals would be money in and out at this point

And I would easily take 4.5mill of pure shutdown power as Tanev would be the second best defender on this team behind Brodie.
23 févr. 2023 à 13 h 47
All good, we don’t have to agree on everything. I like the player and believe he’d be a significant upgrade to our current Dcore.

yea. and I wouldn't be mad or not excited if it happened. Just not sure it's as big an upgrade as advertised.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2023 à 13 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,142
I would be very happy to get a McCabe + Domi, Ekholm + Jeannot, or a Gudas + Duclair package.

Rielly, Brodie, Giordano, Holl, Sandin, Liljegren, Timmins, are not hard to play against. For me, McCabe or Ekholm will be a Leaf before the deadline ends.

stamped it no erasies

Supposedly the ask for Ekholm is two 1sts. I'll pass
leafs101 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2023 à 13 h 48
Quoting: aadoyle
We dont need retention just move Kerfoot as remember Dubas said deals would be money in and out

And I would easily take 4.5mill of pure shutdown power

i'd be more concerned for retention for next year (its a 2 year deal). Also not sure we have the assets to facilitate the deal in general. I guess if they'd want the 2024 first this would be worth it.
23 févr. 2023 à 13 h 48
Quoting: Nathaniel

yea thats bonkers. Maybe if that's half retained lol.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2023 à 13 h 54
Hakuna Matata

ekholmbrodie.png?resize=850%2C700&ssl=1

Wouldnt be a fan of two 1sts but a 1st + Niemela + Kerfoot to make the money work sign me up
23 févr. 2023 à 14 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,142

🥳🥳
23 févr. 2023 à 14 h 15
Ovchinnikov 137

Sandin + 2024 1st would most likely work. Absolutely need some retention tho
23 févr. 2023 à 14 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Sandin + 2024 1st would most likely work. Absolutely need some retention tho

I think if u throw in Kerfoot money works even if Murray returns issue is next season

Honestly wondering if NSH would just give us McDonagh for almost nothing as apparently if they go retool/build they gonna want out of that deal

So give him to us 50% off and we will send a 4th lul

Then he can help us defeat his former team GENIUS
23 févr. 2023 à 14 h 39
Ovchinnikov 137
I think if u throw in Kerfoot money works even if Murray returns issue is next season

Honestly wondering if NSH would just give us McDonagh for almost nothing as apparently if they go retool/build they gonna want out of that deal

So give him to us 50% off and we will send a 4th lul

Then he can help us defeat his former team GENIUS

Why mess with this: ZAR Acciari Kerfoot

I could see them keeping Murray on LTIR till the playoffs.
23 févr. 2023 à 14 h 43
Hakuna Matata

I thought that but hes been on the ice practicing and doing full drills. If we do that NHL will be going um excuse me no lul. If he wasnt practicing probs would get away with it but now no. probs back next week or the week after.
23 févr. 2023 à 14 h 44
Ovchinnikov 137
I thought that but hes been on the ice practicing and doing full drills. If we do that NHL will be going um excuse me no lul. If he wasnt practicing probs would get away with it but now no. probs back next week or the week after.

It’s also called posturing
23 févr. 2023 à 14 h 45

I can't. And if they do you have to go get another goalie. Good goaltending is waaayyyy more important than anything Kerfoot could bring (and I think many can attest I've been a pretty active defender of Kerfoot), have to have at least two goalies ready to go.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2023 à 14 h 47
Hakuna Matata
It’s also called posturing

To me I argue for a goalie we cant have them come in cold. I want to give him another shot as if we got 2 heck 3 goalies (Woll) coming in hot gonna be fun

I would like the cap space. But at the same time I feel Sammy burnout could happen and while Woll's been good I want Murray to come back and be the man beating on Dallas and NJ

And besides we can get cap space another way.
23 févr. 2023 à 14 h 53
Ovchinnikov 137
I can't. And if they do you have to go get another goalie. Good goaltending is waaayyyy more important than anything Kerfoot could bring (and I think many can attest I've been a pretty active defender of Kerfoot), have to have at least two goalies ready to go.

IMO this is the perfect time to figure out what you have in Joe Woll. Not sure why more fans are not higher on him.

He has a .920 SV% in 6 NHL games (4-2 record). Is absolutely killing it in the AHL. IMO this is the perfect time to roll with Samsonov/Woll tandem.

Does anyone doubt Samsonov is the #1 for the playoffs?
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2023 à 14 h 55
IMO this is the perfect time to figure out what you have in Joe Woll. Not sure why more fans are not higher on him.

He has a .920 SV% in 6 NHL games (4-2 record). Is absolutely killing it in the AHL. IMO this is the perfect time to roll with Samsonov/Woll tandem.

I like Woll. But suppose Samsonov struggled or got hurt, Murray hasn't played in a while and struggles and/or is/gets hurt, very quickly we could be looking at throwing in Joe Woll? Even suppose that happened in a later round (fingers crossed we get there), I would be so nervous. At least if we got an NHL goalie with some experience, or at least Murray had his feet back under him, it wouldn't be so scary.

Like Woll, want to see more, but maybe not in the most crucial times just yet.

I could see us starting with a Sammy-Woll tandem next season though.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2023 à 14 h 56
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 23 févr. 2023 à 15 h 1

Im on the fence with him. As if we look at success especially in Elim games I go Murray. Sammy's a bit raw and the one highlight people will go about with him is that giveaway that had Ovie screaming at him. Thats why I kind of want Murray back as I want a competition going as it could be good for both goalies

As Sammy is 1-6 with a 2.98 GAA and a 0.906 in Playoffs

Meanwhile Matt Murray is 29-21-0 in 51 games with a goals against average of 2.18 and a save percentage of .921 in the playoffs in his career.

I like having a 1-2-3 punch but as to who starts idk I just want to see more games from Murray before I go yea Sammy. And funny enough when we look road vs. home

Home games are Sammys advantage, Road is Murray
23 févr. 2023 à 14 h 58
Ovchinnikov 137
I like Woll. But suppose Samsonov struggled or got hurt, Murray hasn't played in a while and struggles and/or is/gets hurt, very quickly we could be looking at throwing in Joe Woll? Even suppose that happened in a later round (fingers crossed we get there), I would be so nervous. At least if we got an NHL goalie with some experience, or at least Murray had his feet back under him, it wouldn't be so scary.

Like Woll, want to see more, but maybe not in the most crucial times just yet.

I could see us starting with a Sammy-Woll tandem next season though.

Did we expect Tavares get hurt.

This was one of the most useless trades ever

I’m very good with the options we have
23 févr. 2023 à 15 h 0

it was useless because
a) the team couldn't even get by the Habs (no long runway for potential injury to happen) and
b) no injury to Campbell or disastrous play by him really happened

if we actually went deep and Campbell got hurt and Andersen was still not available, we would've been damn glad to have Rittich

all i'm saying is we don't want to find out

and the Tavares injury thing, no we didn't, but we certainly had no backup plan. If AM or JT got hurt we had no secure option to turn to. We've got a darn good one now.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2023 à 16 h 31
Hakuna Matata
Noel Acciari 100% is getting extended I just feel it

Keefe loves him

His comments today imply he loves it here

And imagine 2023-2024

Knies-Holmberg-Acciari
23 févr. 2023 à 16 h 34
Hakuna Matata

In general we had to make that move as Anderson got hurt 3 times and dissapeared then Campbell got hurt so our tandem was Hutchinson/Woll I believe

Now we got Sammy, Murray, Woll, and Kallgren

As other than Saros who I doubt NSH moves nothing really moves the needle come TDL

And man look at Murray's playoff numbers Jesus 2.18 gaa and a 0.921 in 51 games.... Keep that man healthy we set

He can do road games, Sammy home games lul
23 févr. 2023 à 16 h 55
Ovchinnikov 137
In general we had to make that move as Anderson got hurt 3 times and dissapeared then Campbell got hurt so our tandem was Hutchinson/Woll I believe

Now we got Sammy, Murray, Woll, and Kallgren

As other than Saros who I doubt NSH moves nothing really moves the needle come TDL

And man look at Murray's playoff numbers Jesus 2.18 gaa and a 0.921 in 51 games.... Keep that man healthy we set

He can do road games, Sammy home games lul

No, Campell was healthy, Andersen was not.

Andersen was on injured reserve since a lower-body injury sidelined him on March 19, 2021. Since then, Jack Campbell and Michael Hutchinson have been carrying the load. Campbell has yet to lose a game this season. He’s 11-0-0 with a glowing .934 save percentage and 1.88 goals-against average. Hutchinson has also played well when called upon. His .919 save percentage and 2.42 goals-against average are statistically superior to the numbers posted by Rittich so far this season.

However, the taxi squad goaltender for the Maple Leafs is Veini Vehvilainen. He hasn’t seen a lot of NHL action. Neither have AHL goaltenders, Joseph Woll and Ian Scott. If an injury were to occur to Hutchinson or Campbell, the Maple Leafs would be forced to rely on unproven goaltenders. Rittich eliminates that fear. It’s possible he could compete with Hutchinson for the backup job, but he’s likely there to act as a security blanket against the fear of goaltender injury.

It is literally the same situation today. Murray is Andersen, Campbell is Samsonov, and Kallgren/Woll is Hutchinson. And I am still ok with them not going out and getting another goalie.

This fuknin team loves injury prone goalies.

lol where would this team be if Samsonov didn't test FA
Samsonov
23 févr. 2023 à 17 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 23 févr. 2023 à 17 h 28
No, Campell was healthy, Andersen was not.

Andersen was on injured reserve since a lower-body injury sidelined him on March 19, 2021. Since then, Jack Campbell and Michael Hutchinson have been carrying the load. Campbell has yet to lose a game this season. He’s 11-0-0 with a glowing .934 save percentage and 1.88 goals-against average. Hutchinson has also played well when called upon. His .919 save percentage and 2.42 goals-against average are statistically superior to the numbers posted by Rittich so far this season.

However, the taxi squad goaltender for the Maple Leafs is Veini Vehvilainen. He hasn’t seen a lot of NHL action. Neither have AHL goaltenders, Joseph Woll and Ian Scott. If an injury were to occur to Hutchinson or Campbell, the Maple Leafs would be forced to rely on unproven goaltenders. Rittich eliminates that fear. It’s possible he could compete with Hutchinson for the backup job, but he’s likely there to act as a security blanket against the fear of goaltender injury.

It is literally the same situation today. Murray is Andersen, Campbell is Samsonov, and Kallgren/Woll is Hutchinson. And I am still ok with them not going out and getting another goalie.

This fuknin team loves injury prone goalies.

lol where would this team be if Samsonov didn't test FA
Samsonov

Probs would be Murray/Comrie or Murray/Hill and Hill honestly wouldnt be the worst guys got starting goaltender potential.

Either way Dubas would have got someone

But of all goalies we have had one has done it all and won his team 2 cups. If anyone can help Toronto is Murray as while Sammy is young and well his playoff stats are questionable. Healths an issue but if Murray can just come back and play and both compete off eachother having a good tandem going into playoffs never a bad thing

Unless Connor Hellybuyck or Andrei Vasilesky become available there really isnt a need for another goalie. As when Murray and Sammy are in the zone they are scary

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage