Forums/Armchair-GM

or they can have him instead of chychrun

Créé par: Hockey4ever
Équipe: 2022-23 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 16 janv. 2023
Publié: 16 janv. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
that will cost less to the oilers than the previous trades that i,ve made.
Transactions
EDM
  1. Toews, Jonathan (5 250 000 $ retained)
CHI
EDM
  1. Anderson, Josh (2 000 000 $ retained)
  2. Edmundson, Joel
MTL
  1. Barrie, Tyson
  2. Yamamoto, Kailer
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
1st round choice in condition that habs retain almost half of anderson salary
EDM
  1. Bjugstad, Nick (450 000 $ retained)
ARI
  1. Ryan, Derek
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $79 399 000 $896 000 $1 350 000 $3 101 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 4
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 7
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
0 $0 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
798 000 $798 000 $
C
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
DG
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 janv. 2023 à 17 h 56
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,473
ROFLMFAO!!! Montreal doesn't want to move Anderson and has no need to move salary. Habs sy uou want Anderson and Eddy both half retained you add Bouchard and your 2023 1st and for us to take Barrie and Yamamoto then add Bourgault and Schaefer otherwise go pound salt!
16 janv. 2023 à 18 h 16
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,294
I think what my compadre above is trying to say is there isn't a chance that MTL does that trade.
Ennis a aimé ceci.
16 janv. 2023 à 18 h 21
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,442
Quoting: Campabee
ROFLMFAO!!! Montreal doesn't want to move Anderson and has no need to move salary. Habs sy uou want Anderson and Eddy both half retained you add Bouchard and your 2023 1st and for us to take Barrie and Yamamoto then add Bourgault and Schaefer otherwise go pound salt!

this was the sentence of all time
Just_A_Guess et Ross_Johnston a aimé ceci.
16 janv. 2023 à 18 h 21
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,442
yeah uhhh if you want toews with half retention it'll cost more than that.

foegele and pulju are cap dumps, you need to pay teams to take on their contracts, they wont do it for free.
16 janv. 2023 à 18 h 27
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,564
Modifié 16 janv. 2023 à 18 h 35. Raison: added explanatory phrase
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
I think what my compadre above is trying to say is there isn't a chance that MTL does that trade.

As a member of the Montreal Canadiens, Anderson has 70 points in 163 games.
Over that same time span (the last three seasons including this one), Yamamoto has 74 points in 164 games.
Now, I'll be the first to admit that the two forwards play entirely different kinds of game, and I'll also happily concede that Yamamoto has been playing on a better team and with better linemates. Nevertheless, the value is not that far apart, especially when you factor in age, past injury history, future team control at a lower cost, and cap hit. But let's concede that Montreal has the advantage on this aspect of the trade despite the fact that Anderson's contract is one of the five worst in the League.
Now we come to Edmundson (with no retention) for Barrie and a future first. I think that Montreal fans who believe that Edmundson is going to get a "pure" first (without retention) are going to be disappointed. And an experienced and productive RD under contract for next season, no matter how weak defensively he is perceived to be, is clearly worth more to Montreal than the last year of a seemingly redundant veteran LD (where Montreal is trying to bring forward the three defensemen of the future) whose analytics have not exactly been stellar this season.
My point is that this proposal is a lot closer to fair than either of you are admitting. Sure, Montreal might happily decline it, but it's not the McDavid-for-Mittelstadt exchange you've implied.
16 janv. 2023 à 18 h 45
Habs 7th round 1983
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 749
Retaining 4 yrs x $2M on Anderson would represent a new NHL record for retention. I would be open to discuss but only if you also include Bourgault and Bouchard to that package.
16 janv. 2023 à 18 h 48
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 10,881
If Toews agrees to go to Edmonton, Hawks would probably want the Oilers 2024 4th instead of Rodrique in this deal for the extra year of Foegele.
16 janv. 2023 à 18 h 58
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,294
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Over that same time span (the last three seasons including this one), Yamamoto has 74 points in 164 games.
Now, I'll be the first to admit that the two forwards play entirely different kinds of game, and I'll also happily concede that Yamamoto has been playing on a better team and with better linemates. Nevertheless, the value is not that far apart, especially when you factor in age, past injury history, future team control at a lower cost, and cap hit. But let's concede that Montreal has the advantage on this aspect of the trade despite the fact that Anderson's contract is one of the five worst in the League.
Now we come to Edmundson (with no retention) for Barrie and a future first. I think that Montreal fans who believe that Edmundson is going to get a "pure" first (without retention) are going to be disappointed. And an experienced and productive RD under contract for next season, no matter how weak defensively he is perceived to be, is clearly worth more to Montreal than the last year of a seemingly redundant veteran LD (where Montreal is trying to bring forward the three defensemen of the future) whose analytics have not exactly been stellar this season.
My point is that this proposal is a lot closer to fair than either of you are admitting. Sure, Montreal might happily decline it, but it's not the McDavid-for-Mittelstadt exchange you've implied.

I'm not arguing fair or not here, but MTL will not do this. I said nothing of fair or not, simply that this is of 0 interest to MTL...no implications one way or another.
16 janv. 2023 à 19 h 18
Ouch
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 540

I agree MTL doesn’t want to move Anderson, even though he’s on a horrible contract and injury prone. You can’t honestly believe what you’ve proposed is what it would take to make that trade happen.. Anderson is a cap dump more then Barrie.. “Eddy” is a pure rental, and could possibly fetch MTL a first, maybe without retention.. Anderson has very little to no value.. you’ve also implied Yamamoto is somehow a cup dump?? That would require first round picks or equivalent to move him?? In my opinion, EDM has more to lose in this trade and it’s not even close… ROFLMFAO!!
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 janv. 2023 à 19 h 29

I think you misunderstand what I was saying, so let me break it down better

Barrie for Eddy with no retention maybe gets Montreal a 3rd or 4th. With retention though that jumps significantly since you are not only getting Eddy for 1.75 mil for 2 years but also saving an additional 2.75 mil per year so you have to add a 1st for that aspect of it.

Anderson isn't someone Montreal wants to move so they want a 1st for him and if you want 4 years of retention and to add another 3 mil to the deal on top of that you are going to have to give up at least 3 top assets that would hurt to lose (Bouchard, Schaefer and Bourgault). Yamamoto offers no value to the Habs, since we are overflowing with bottom 6 wingers and have Pitlick on a cheaper deal who is similar to Yamamoto. Now if you drop the retention on both then the deal works out fair as Barrie + Puljujarvi + Foegele 2023 1st + 2023 2nd for Eddy and Josh. That is 10.25 mil out and 9 in for the Oilers.
16 janv. 2023 à 19 h 37
Quoting: JmoneyTalk
I agree MTL doesn’t want to move Anderson, even though he’s on a horrible contract and injury prone. You can’t honestly believe what you’ve proposed is what it would take to make that trade happen.. Anderson is a cap dump more then Barrie.. “Eddy” is a pure rental, and could possibly fetch MTL a first, maybe without retention.. Anderson has very little to no value.. you’ve also implied Yamamoto is somehow a cup dump?? That would require first round picks or equivalent to move him?? In my opinion, EDM has more to lose in this trade and it’s not even close… ROFLMFAO!!

I think you need to look up what a "true rental" is, Eddy still has 1.5 years remaining on his contract a "true rental" has less than a year remaining (like Monahan, Drouin and Dadonov). I already said Eddy and Barrie are close in value (without retention on Eddy) and the Oil would only have to add a 3rd or 4th. Anderson without retention is not only a sought after commodity but one the Habs don't want to trade so to get him without retention will cost at least a late 1st or top prospect, adding 4 more years of retention and a 3 mil Pitlick to the deal just means you have to add significantly more value. Sorry if you don't like that butthats what it would cost for the above trade with both players retained.
16 janv. 2023 à 19 h 59
Once a Kings Fan Too
I think you misunderstand what I was saying, so let me break it down better

Barrie for Eddy with no retention maybe gets Montreal a 3rd or 4th. With retention though that jumps significantly since you are not only getting Eddy for 1.75 mil for 2 years but also saving an additional 2.75 mil per year so you have to add a 1st for that aspect of it.

Anderson isn't someone Montreal wants to move so they want a 1st for him and if you want 4 years of retention and to add another 3 mil to the deal on top of that you are going to have to give up at least 3 top assets that would hurt to lose (Bouchard, Schaefer and Bourgault). Yamamoto offers no value to the Habs, since we are overflowing with bottom 6 wingers and have Pitlick on a cheaper deal who is similar to Yamamoto. Now if you drop the retention on both then the deal works out fair as Barrie + Puljujarvi + Foegele 2023 1st + 2023 2nd for Eddy and Josh. That is 10.25 mil out and 9 in for the Oilers.

To begin with, this proposal doesn't include retention on Edmundson despite your reference to, and reliance on, it in both of your comments.

Second, I disagree with your evaluation that "Barrie for Edmundson with no retention gets Montreal maybe a 3rd or 4th" because I contend that Barrie is both the better and more valuable player, for the reasons I set forth in my earlier comment.

Our discussion about Anderson is at cross purposes because your premise is that he has to be pried from Montreal's hands, whereas I was assuming that the Canadiens are making a hockey trade. To put it another way, you're factoring in a significant value to persuading the Canadiens to make the trade at all. Let's put that aspect of the deal aside, then. I would project that the Oilers would offer you Barrie for Edmundson with 50% retention, perhaps with a middling draft pick because they might be eager to cut cap. If that isn't appealing, I don't think that Edmonton is going to offer you a draft pick alone, first or otherwise, for Edmundson due to their cap situation; just like Los Angeles (the other team we see so often in Edmundson trade proposals), the Oilers have to send some cap back to make Edmundson fit even with retention. But even taking everything you say about Anderson as accurate, including the value analysis, the original proposal is not as egregiously ridiculous as your initial, almost reflexive reaction implies. My major reason for saying that is that I'm convinced that over the long term, it would be better for Montreal to have Yamamoto at the same price as Anderson or, at the very least, not worse.
JmoneyTalk a aimé ceci.
16 janv. 2023 à 20 h 12
To begin with, this proposal doesn't include retention on Edmundson despite your reference to, and reliance on, it in both of your comments.

Second, I disagree with your evaluation that "Barrie for Edmundson with no retention gets Montreal maybe a 3rd or 4th" because I contend that Barrie is both the better and more valuable player, for the reasons I set forth in my earlier comment.

Our discussion about Anderson is at cross purposes because your premise is that he has to be pried from Montreal's hands, whereas I was assuming that the Canadiens are making a hockey trade. To put it another way, you're factoring in a significant value to persuading the Canadiens to make the trade at all. Let's put that aspect of the deal aside, then. I would project that the Oilers would offer you Barrie for Edmundson with 50% retention, perhaps with a middling draft pick because they might be eager to cut cap. If that isn't appealing, I don't think that Edmonton is going to offer you a draft pick alone, first or otherwise, for Edmundson due to their cap situation; just like Los Angeles (the other team we see so often in Edmundson trade proposals), the Oilers have to send some cap back to make Edmundson fit even with retention. But even taking everything you say about Anderson as accurate, including the value analysis, the original proposal is not as egregiously ridiculous as your initial, almost reflexive reaction implies. My major reason for saying that is that I'm convinced that over the long term, it would be better for Montreal to have Yamamoto at the same price as Anderson or, at the very least, not worse.

1. You are right, I mistook the Anderson retention for retention on Eddy and thought the retention on Anderson was just referred to on the Edmonton side of the trade. That's on my bad.

2. Both Eddy and Anderson have voiced interest in remaining with Montreal and Hughes and company have said they aren't shopping either but would listen to offers. It has also been reported that Hughes has already turned down "significant" offers on Anderson, meaning that he would indeed have to be "pried away" add to that the retention for 4 years and adding a redundant player in Yamamoto coming back for cap purposes then the payment has to also reflect that.

3. As I said though Eddy for Barrie is pretty close to fair 1 for 1 without retention, no matter which side you think the 3rd or 4th should fall on. So I apologize for making the mistake on retention.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 janv. 2023 à 20 h 13
Ouch
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 540
I think you need to look up what a "true rental" is, Eddy still has 1.5 years remaining on his contract a "true rental" has less than a year remaining (like Monahan, Drouin and Dadonov). I already said Eddy and Barrie are close in value (without retention on Eddy) and the Oil would only have to add a 3rd or 4th. Anderson without retention is not only a sought after commodity but one the Habs don't want to trade so to get him without retention will cost at least a late 1st or top prospect, adding 4 more years of retention and a 3 mil Pitlick to the deal just means you have to add significantly more value. Sorry if you don't like that butthats what it would cost for the above trade with both players retained.

You’re right, after I posted the comment I realized he another year remaining, however, that second year in his contact, imo, lowers his value and would likely scare off potential suitors close to the cap, for obvious reasons. After doing some research on the two, as bad as Barrie is defensively JE is one of the worst league as well, which I found surprising. Barrie’s offence out weighs his negative shortcoming, especially when you consider Barrie having a better year defensively. Every team is looking for an Anderson type player, from when Anderson had more potential, and was proven to be injury prone. As another person has stated above, no Yamamoto and Anderson style of play is not the same, even though Yamamoto is known for his feistiness and willingness to go to the hard areas, the players in general bring different a different dynamic to a team. Again, IMO, Yamamoto and Barrie’s alone have more value then Anderson and JD. And considering the poster is only asking retention on Anderson, albeit the least likely of the two that would get retained, adding a young top prospect RD, two first round pick prospects and a first would be egregious over payment. That sort of package lands you a game changing type of player, not a sub 0.5ppg player, just because he hits and scores a goal every 4 games or so.. not to mention, kulak is a better Dman the JE, according to statistics, if you look at the trade form last year from these two teams you’ll see JD isn’t going to fetch near what MTL fans expect.
16 janv. 2023 à 20 h 27
Once a Kings Fan Too
2. Both Eddy and Anderson have voiced interest in remaining with Montreal and Hughes and company have said they aren't shopping either but would listen to offers. It has also been reported that Hughes has already turned down "significant" offers on Anderson, meaning that he would indeed have to be "pried away" add to that the retention for 4 years and adding a redundant player in Yamamoto coming back for cap purposes then the payment has to also reflect that.

Listen, as someone who has clung tenaciously (some might say "foolishly") to a player simply because I don't want to give him up no matter what his recent numbers are (John Gibson), I can certainly identify with your sentiments about Josh Anderson.
16 janv. 2023 à 20 h 27
Quoting: JmoneyTalk
You’re right, after I posted the comment I realized he another year remaining, however, that second year in his contact, imo, lowers his value and would likely scare off potential suitors close to the cap, for obvious reasons. After doing some research on the two, as bad as Barrie is defensively JE is one of the worst league as well, which I found surprising. Barrie’s offence out weighs his negative shortcoming, especially when you consider Barrie having a better year defensively. Every team is looking for an Anderson type player, from when Anderson had more potential, and was proven to be injury prone. As another person has stated above, no Yamamoto and Anderson style of play is not the same, even though Yamamoto is known for his feistiness and willingness to go to the hard areas, the players in general bring different a different dynamic to a team. Again, IMO, Yamamoto and Barrie’s alone have more value then Anderson and JD. And considering the poster is only asking retention on Anderson, albeit the least likely of the two that would get retained, adding a young top prospect RD, two first round pick prospects and a first would be egregious over payment. That sort of package lands you a game changing type of player, not a sub 0.5ppg player, just because he hits and scores a goal every 4 games or so.. not to mention, kulak is a better Dman the JE, according to statistics, if you look at the trade form last year from these two teams you’ll see JD isn’t going to fetch near what MTL fans expect.

Let's agree to disagree on both Eddy and Anderson, as far as Yamamoto goes we have our Yamamoto stuck in Laval, his name is Rem Pitkick and he costs nearly half as much. The issue with Yamamoto isn't that he isn't a decent/good player it's his cap hit and that to be effective he needs to play on the 2nd line or in the AHL, he isn't effective in the bottom 6 and he isn't pushing any of our top 6 wingers out of their spots. So for that reason he is redundant to the Habs and offers little to no value on the deal. It would almost be better if he wasn't in the trade and the Oilers moved him in a separate trade to someone with a need for a 2nd line winger.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage