SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 season Discussion

17 oct. 2022 à 21 h 44
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,083
Guys, why am I a Leafs fan? Its just too predictable. Leafs come out unprepared against garbage team. Garbage teams get a lead. Leafs come back. Leafs get screwed by Refs. Its never ending.

Muzzin and Holl are an issue. Both of them had sub 5% xGF, and Holl turned the puck over on the eventual game winner. There are some serious issues with this team.

Trying running

Nylander - Matthews - Marner
Bunting - Tavares - Jarnkrok
Engvall - Kerfoot - Robertson
NAK - Kampf - ZAR

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Holl
Muzzin - Gio

Samsonov
Kallgren
MatthewsFan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 oct. 2022 à 21 h 47
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,034

NHL makes rule and defines it

Team scores goal

Situation room no no you guys broke a rule

Me, so thats a hand pass I have seen more evident ones count

This feels like the Matthews kick goal situation all over again
17 oct. 2022 à 21 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Nathaniel
Guys, why am I a Leafs fan? Its just too predictable. Leafs come out unprepared against garbage team. Garbage teams get a lead. Leafs come back. Leafs get screwed by Refs. Its never ending.

Muzzin and Holl are an issue. Both of them had sub 5% xGF, and Holl turned the puck over on the eventual game winner. There are some serious issues with this team.

Trying running

NAK - Kampf - ZAR

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Holl
Muzzin - Gio

Samsonov
Kallgren

They dont need line changes they need a change in Philosophy

Stop playing down to your opponents thats really it.

Now 2 of the calls against them were silly and the goal taken away was a joke. But thats how it seems to go these days against Arizona.
17 oct. 2022 à 21 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: Nathaniel

Trying running

NAK - Kampf - ZAR

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Holl
Muzzin - Gio

Samsonov
Kallgren

A lot of valid points here, I’d add Morgan Rielly is such a terrible defensive defense man (offence be damned) His 8 year contract starts this year, he is so hard to watch in his own end.

At this point why expect anything different from the same group of players year after year.

Apparently this team wants another tough 1st round opponent
17 oct. 2022 à 22 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 17 oct. 2022 à 22 h 21
Me hearing Muzzin has a neck injury

Alright so LTIR till the playoffs

Freeing up enough cap for 50% retention Kane

And if Im Dubas I do that

As Muzzin has a long history of this kind of injury and so League would allow him to take his time and be fully healthy come playoff time. And who wouldnt want to get almost an entire season of Kane on Matthews wing
18 oct. 2022 à 12 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
18 oct. 2022 à 13 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Trying to remain rational today after last nights loss and remembering this time last year they started off

FfXMW8cXwAA580x?format=jpg&name=900x900

before finishing with a 115 point franchise setting season. But again, with how they showed up last night is just a constant reminder how they have continued to struggle getting out of the 1st round of the playoffs, lacking that killer instinct. I’m not sure this group as currently constructed will ever get it
18 oct. 2022 à 13 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Trying to remain rational today after last nights loss and remembering this time last year they started off

FfXMW8cXwAA580x?format=jpg&name=900x900

before finishing with a 115 point franchise setting season. But again, with how they showed up last night is just a constant reminder how they have continued to struggle getting out of the 1st round of the playoffs, lacking that killer instinct. I’m not sure this group as currently constructed will ever get it

Honestly I think its just chemistry needing to be worked out. Got a new 4th line who have never played together and while its not been amazing. Its been okay at times and by November (if they are still together) I suspect we will see the 4th line we thought we were getting sooner (i.e. forecheck nightmare that leads to in tight goals for us). I also feel that one of Jarnkrok or Kerfoot should go up to the 2nd line as Malgin has kind of disappeared and might be better suited to the third line rn. Heck maybe explore a waive for a spot for Robertson

Samsonov I feel is gonna take the starting job but dont count out Murray as we could see him come back and go ok I got some catching up to do and post a 0.920 for Dec. Or like Hasek this injury may have just ended his career and we see Dubas make a trade for a goalie like Reimer (SJS rebuilding so I dont see them holding on)

Losing Muzzin is gonna give Sandin his biggest opportunity to prove hes earned top 4. Lets see if he takes the bait of falls flat

Now I think they will explore a trade using Muzzin's LTIR space as I dont see him back for a while as neck/head injuries can be very dangerous.
19 oct. 2022 à 1 h 58
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,634
Murray being hurt 3 games into the season is exactly why trading for him was a mistake. He pulled his groin in practice, like if this was in January or February I could maybe get it, but had all summer/preseason to be ready for the season. It’s inexcusable. This is Mrazek all over again. This was so predictable.

At least we have Samsonov.

And this scenario was the exact reason why I was dreading the Murray acquisition. I mean even if one believes in his goaltending, the fact that he hasn't been able to stay healthy was reason enough to stay away from him.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2022 à 7 h 18
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,290
Ah f*ck it, I miss the Ilya's! (Mickey and Boosh)
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2022 à 9 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Needed a vet on the roster with Mete called up.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2022 à 9 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Ah f*ck it, I miss the Ilya's! (Mickey and Boosh)

Absolutely miss what Mikheyev brought to this team, do not miss that contract (little overpaid for me).

Lyubushkin is exactly the type of defenseman they needed to keep especially with Muzzin one hit away from LTIR. I’d take him over Holl in a heart beat.
19 oct. 2022 à 11 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2022 à 12 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

IMO Robertson will be a main stay on this roster from now on.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Engvall paired with Kampf, that 4th line could use a different look.
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2022 à 17 h 1
Absolutely miss what Mikheyev brought to this team, do not miss that contract (little overpaid for me).

Lyubushkin is exactly the type of defenseman they needed to keep especially with Muzzin one hit away from LTIR. I’d take him over Holl in a heart beat.

Don't love the contract for either of them, but I think they could have and should have kept Boosh.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2022 à 17 h 13
Hakuna Matata

The issue though is lets say all our RD were healthy where would Lybushkin play

As when healthy we probs going

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Liligren
Gio-Sandin
Holl (Extra)

Now if Liligren or Sandin were OS'd got a feeling Lybushkin would have been back day 1 as Dubas would have rather signed him for 2.75 then matched a potential 4.2mill OS

I feel as things settle down Jarnkrok will ease the loss of Mikhyev as when he gets skating this guys quick and has a nice scoring touch. Its still super early so im being patient. But if its game 12 and they be like they were game 4 I got concerns
19 oct. 2022 à 18 h 25
@MatthewsFan

Did you ever follow up on that bet you made about whether Dubas would still be GM to start the season?
Saskleaf et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2022 à 18 h 27
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,213
MatthewsFan

Did you ever follow up on that bet you made about whether Dubas would still be GM to start the season?

Should be asking @DirtyDangle
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2022 à 18 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
MatthewsFan

I need to learn not to get so worked up over other peeps thoughts on the Leafs. Was in a crabby mood that day. Took that one a little too far lol

They can hate away if they want. I’ve also grown a little tiresome of this team and how it’s constructed.
19 oct. 2022 à 18 h 40
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,213
@MatthewsFan

I need to learn not to get so worked up over other peeps thoughts on the Leafs. Was in a crabby mood that day. Took that one a little too far lol

They can hate away if they want. I’ve also grown a little tiresome of this team and how it’s constructed.

I checked his profile and I guess he seems to be true to his word: he hasn’t posted is almost a month.
19 oct. 2022 à 19 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Saskleaf
I checked his profile and I guess he seems to be true to his word: he hasn’t posted is almost a month.

Well if he sees this, post away
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2022 à 20 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Leafs might have broken their own rules with the soon to be released 2022-2023 RR Jersey

As if the leak is true they are going with the 2007 Jersey or as it was nicknamed the Mats Sundin Special

And honestly Im all for it and it was one of their best jersey's
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 oct. 2022 à 11 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

I like it
20 oct. 2022 à 14 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137